PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update

PhilTaylor
February 10th, 2009, 18:08
here.
http://www.futuregpu.org/2009/02/end-of-era-part-iii-more-updates.html

net-net, go back to flying and wait and see what MGS tells us about the "new flying game" because until then we do not know how this major event fully plays out.

Lionheart
February 10th, 2009, 18:10
Thanks Phil for the heads up

Bill

mike_cyul
February 10th, 2009, 18:21
There's simply nothing as good, as good information. Thank you!

:)

Mike

RCAF_Gunner
February 10th, 2009, 18:23
Thanks Phil!

crashaz
February 10th, 2009, 18:39
Thanks for the update Phil. Much appreciated.

MCDesigns
February 10th, 2009, 18:43
Thanks for the info and trying to keep us up to date, much appreciated Phil! :ernae:

Snaker
February 10th, 2009, 18:44
Thanks for the info!! :ernae:

stovall
February 10th, 2009, 18:56
Thanks Phil, we will be looking for info regarding MGS's direction. With so many of the old Ace's group being involved at least they will not have to reinvent the wheel. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Regard, Tom

heywooood
February 10th, 2009, 19:52
well theres a glimmer there to be sure...

I hope you will help keep us in tune to this extent going forward if you can, Phil - I think it will go far toward maintaining some equilibrium in the greater FS community for sure. :ernae:

robcap
February 10th, 2009, 22:24
So my best suggestion is that for the immediate future people stop thrashing and have fun. There is plenty of flying to be done on FSX, and plenty of high-quality add-ons are queued up for your enjoyment. Go back to flying and stay tuned for future announcements from MGS and let's all agree to "wait and see what happens". So let's do that, thanks Phil,

Rob Cappers

JT8D-9A
February 11th, 2009, 01:06
Thanks Phil! Very informative :typing:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 11th, 2009, 02:51
A Second Life clone , that is a good idea and something the fairer sex likes to play .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Imaginative use of your assets MS and i hope that it will allow us modellers to add characters and objects also, i always wanted<o:p></o:p>
to see the grass grow in FSX but never found a spare moment away from aircraft to build much scenery , and did just one car to <o:p></o:p>
tour the woods and roadways when i needed to get down to earth,<o:p></o:p>
Looking forward to these products and wish both teams well , no battle for office space in Richmond i imagine . C.J<o:p></o:p>

txnetcop
February 11th, 2009, 03:02
Thanks Phil I was getting a sick of all the hate threads and speculation threads. I will enjoy the heck out of FSX until we know which way the wind blows for sure and even then if I don't like the new direction I will still enjoy FSX for a long time to come. Heck look what our guys have done with CFS2 and CFS3-wow what a forum we have!:woot:
Ted

Helldiver
February 11th, 2009, 03:35
I thank you for the heads up Phil.
It does seem somewhat strange that there are two groups emerging to work on Flight software when they already had Aces Studio. Somethings very weird here.
It's almost like the right hand doesn't know what the other one is doing.

Odie
February 11th, 2009, 06:32
Appreciate the update, Phil ! Nothing like a good flashlight in the dark....

GaryGB
February 11th, 2009, 08:09
Well spoken, Phil... and many thanks again for the heads up!:applause:

GaryGB

gera
February 11th, 2009, 08:15
Hey Phil, did you know MS plans of "closing the Aces" when you left the group????:gossip:

Silver Fox
February 11th, 2009, 08:21
Excellent post Phil, thanks for the update! Maybe now we can get back to remembering that MS doesn't give us the sim we want... we only need MS to give us the tools and framework, the community will flesh it out.

Nick C
February 11th, 2009, 08:29
About time, thank you Phil for a well balanced post.

lifejogger
February 11th, 2009, 09:15
Just saw this thread and I must say something good might come out of this but until then let let's enjoy what we have.

crashaz
February 11th, 2009, 18:01
LOL Phil spent the time here working for Aces after the FSX SP1 release and some were getting worked up back then.

Now Phil is the calming voice in the flight sim community.

It's definitely a different world out there with no Aces Studio. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
February 11th, 2009, 18:57
Some cool people bound by a common interest..

:ernae:

Bill

PhilTaylor
February 11th, 2009, 22:39
I thank you for the heads up Phil.
It does seem somewhat strange that there are two groups emerging to work on Flight software when they already had Aces Studio. Somethings very weird here.
It's almost like the right hand doesn't know what the other one is doing.

you are misreading what I wrote.

not 2 groups on "flying games", 2 groups out of the remains of Aces.

1 group in MSR doing "social networking"

1 group in MGS doing "flying games"

PhilTaylor
February 11th, 2009, 22:43
Hey Phil, did you know MS plans of "closing the Aces" when you left the group????:gossip:

While I did know there were issues - no, I did not know MGS was going to close Aces as a result.

I left to run into the light that is Larrabee, not to run away from anything.

BTW, every place has issues. Never been somewhere that didn't. Scale, scope, complexity of issues a place has can always vary. And some can be trivial or some can be huge. But there is always something to cope with. That's life and the human condition.

Francois
February 12th, 2009, 00:20
I believe there were 'issues' around the continuation of FS already some time before Phil even joined the team.
Had it happened THEN I would not have been surprised. This time I was, what with the ESP Halleluja and all that......

gera
February 12th, 2009, 05:57
Oh well, MS has always been full of "issues" almost in every software product they produce. Never looking at the interest of their costumers always out to get your "buck" first and very bad service or maintenance after. Remember the beginning of
FSX???.....its always like that with Bullies and Monopolies. Since I am very optimistic, I am sure that sooner than we think, a new and better Sim will show up.....I hope its not through MS--Again!!!!---

BPbobafett1982
February 12th, 2009, 06:27
Not to pour gasoline on the fire. But I kinda see this as a good thing. Yes, at first I was upset, but I got over that after reading Phil's Blog and some of the other ex-Aces blogs.

Think about it for a second, there is now an experienced team working only on "flying games" vs. several projects at once being bounced back and forth. I worked for a short stint with EA as a conceptual artist and there were a few of us bouncing between several projects at once. Talk about trying to stay on track.

Here's hoping for the future.