PDA

View Full Version : What AFCAD???

falcon409
February 10th, 2009, 17:50
Ok folks, here's something totally different. I was flying from North Texas Regional to NAS Ft. Worth and noticed that with FSDiscover running, some airports were not where I thought they should be. I continued flying and found that scattered all along the route, airports were missing. I landed at KNFW and pulled up FSNav and discovered that a 4000sq mile swath of North Texas is missing all of the airports. There are NavAids visible but the airports (AFCADS) are gone. I zoomed out to view all of North America and it looks like a black hole in North East Texas.

I haven't done any scenery work in the area other than the two I mentioned and am at a loss as to why just this region is suddenly gone. I ran the FSNav DB config program and it remains void of any airports so for whatever reason all those airports are gone.

Does anyone ever remember this happening to them in some other area of their world or have any idea as to why this might be happening?:help:

crashaz
February 10th, 2009, 18:20
I'm not sure what happened... just to say it wasn't me... I didn't do it .. no sir. :whistle:

<Drives around NE Texas lifting more signs for his collection. >

OBIO
February 10th, 2009, 18:35
I have a possible explanation...but many here would find it "political" rather than humorous...so I will have to laugh at it all by myself.

:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

Man, that was the funniest thing I never typed.

OBIO

Tom Clayton
February 10th, 2009, 18:44
It sounds like you uninstalled something that left your stock scenery with a hole. If nothing else, I'd suggest restoring the entire namc\scenery folder by opening MSGAME8.CAB (CD 3) with something like WinRar. This allows you to view the files in their correct folder structure so you can just drag the files back into your Sim. When prompted to overwrite, hit "yes to all" and it will restore all stock files.

Other than that, if you can think of a specific airport that's missing its AFCAD, I can look it up in my system and give you the filename. I recently found that one stock bgl can contain hundreds of airports, so it's very possible that only one file is affected.