PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator Survey

SiR_RiPPER
May 31st, 2017, 00:41
I suppose this is the right forum to post this, but feel free to move this out of here if it isn't.

We have entered a turning point with the release of FSW and P3Dv4 (yesterday) and most will think of moving from their current platform to one of the new ones. The amount and speed of change will especially affect developers. Thus I created this survey for SWS in order to get an idea of where things are headed. It is a four-question survey so we would appreciate you taking the time to answer them. This survey will run until the end of June and will be re-run periodically every few months to gauge the rate of change.

The survey refers only to the MSFS and its descendants.

Go to the Flight Simulator Survey (http://surveyplanet.com/592e7c852237ce4c313859b0)

P.S.: entering an e-mail in the survey is not required, but it is encouraged. You won't be getting any spam, it is just to filter out people that will take the survey multiple times.

b52bob
May 31st, 2017, 06:08
You forgot DCS, CFS, and X-Plane.

Dimus
May 31st, 2017, 06:39

Alex specifically said: "The survey refers only to the MSFS and its descendants."

Obvioulsy SWS is developing for MSFS based sims, otherwise, at least X-Plane could be included. However, the big difference in the way planes are developed may not be affordable for a developer to invest.

b52bob
June 1st, 2017, 06:23
Alex specifically said: "The survey refers only to the MSFS and its descendants."

Obvioulsy SWS is developing for MSFS based sims, otherwise, at least X-Plane could be included. However, the big difference in the way planes are developed may not be affordable for a developer to invest.
Damn, my brains going fast. No one told me the golden years were so painful.

Willy
June 4th, 2017, 14:43

CFS is MSFS based. Always was and until CFS 3 came out, regular FS aircraft could be added to the sim.

Dangerousdave26
June 4th, 2017, 15:22
I took the survey, answered the questions, Hopefully you get enough replies to tell you which direction to head.

Allen
June 4th, 2017, 15:32
Why no CFS1 or CFS2? :frown-new:

TuFun
June 4th, 2017, 21:54
Why no CFS1 or CFS2? :frown-new:

FSW doesn't create content for those sims. Does any payware developers create content for those sims anymore?

Willy
June 5th, 2017, 05:46
FSW doesn't create content for those sims. Does any payware developers create content for those sims anymore?

I don't think anything new has been done in quite a while. But if you look on the Alpha Oldies page at Virtavia, there's some former payware CFS 2 titles there. Plus with a little work, most anything done for FS 2004 can be made to work in CFS 2 just fine.

The reports of the demise of CFS are greatly exaggerated.

TuFun
June 5th, 2017, 07:40
I don't think anything new has been done in quite a while. But if you look on the Alpha Oldies page at Virtavia, there's some former payware CFS 2 titles there. Plus with a little work, most anything done for FS 2004 can be made to work in CFS 2 just fine.

The reports of the demise of CFS are greatly exaggerated.

Cool, have all three CFS sims!!!

SiR_RiPPER
June 5th, 2017, 08:22
Thank you for your input gentlemen. I think the trends are clear for now. I will leave the survey up for a bit more so that the other fora can have time to answer as well and will give you the results.

The sample is relatively small but the result so far makes sense.