having fun
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/ScreenHunter_28Feb101659.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/ScreenHunter_12Feb101627.jpg
H

Lionheart
February 10th, 2009, 16:22
Permanent Vacation!!!

Downside; temporary hold on high expenditures

Upside; Can stay up all night flying Mossies!!!

:guinness: :d

Bill

MCDesigns
February 10th, 2009, 16:33
Dang, sorry to hear that Henry!

See, now you have more time to learn about FS design, LOL.

Boomer
February 10th, 2009, 17:46
Damned shame... Sorry to hear it!

Sounds like a good time to get really ripped! Then fly the Istanbull race :)

Rami
February 10th, 2009, 17:49
Sorry to hear that, Henry. Best of luck for a quick turnaround.

RCAF_Gunner
February 10th, 2009, 18:33
Sorry to hear the news Henry. I hope something new materializes soon for you.

Rick

harleyman
February 10th, 2009, 18:35
Unemployed is great if ya want it.....

But I think you did not...Sorry to hear that for you....Wish that to be shortlived then for you H...

grunau_baby
February 10th, 2009, 21:16
Very sorry about this news, Henry. Hope you get it sorted out and be consoled with some extended mossieflights in the meantime!

Alex

jankees
February 10th, 2009, 21:32
Sorry to hear that Henry, but I'm confident something will crop up, and in the mean time, I'm sure you'll find something to do....

Pips
February 10th, 2009, 22:06
Mossie?? Mossie!! When did the Mossie get released? More importantly where can I get it? :)

NSS
February 10th, 2009, 22:53
Sorry to hear that Henry..

stiz
February 10th, 2009, 23:04
Mossie?? Mossie!! When did the Mossie get released? More importantly where can I get it? :)

be forwarnd that its an fs9 birdie, it says its for fsx as well but its a port over:

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=321

Francois
February 10th, 2009, 23:10
Join the club !!!

Sorry to hear it and knowing what it feels like....... :welcome:

Roger
February 10th, 2009, 23:15
Been there H so I feel for you. It was 16 years ago in the last recession. I was out for nearly a year!

MorrisTheCat
February 11th, 2009, 02:12
It's not you, it's them....."D--- the torpedos, full steam ahead"

Hang in there, Henry!

Regards,

MoCat

jmig
February 11th, 2009, 03:41
Darn Henry, I too am sorry. You don't have any background in energy sector sales by chance?

ColoKent
February 11th, 2009, 03:54
Henry,

I like everyone else am very sorry to hear about this. I don't know what field you are in, but let me know if I can help you work your resume or anything.

Kent

Brian_Gladden
February 11th, 2009, 04:29
Been there H so I feel for you. It was 16 years ago in the last recession. I was out for nearly a year!

I'm 10 months and counting..... :help:

Brian

Odie
February 11th, 2009, 06:27
Sorry to hear that, Henry ! Hope it turns around very soon for you !

sblzei
February 11th, 2009, 07:03
All my true symphaty to you, Henry, and my best wishes for finding another (better) occupation pretty soon.

Ezio :wave:

Warrant
February 11th, 2009, 07:22
Hope ya find something soon, Henry

Pepere
February 11th, 2009, 07:28
Man, that's got to hurt. Hope you get something soon.

David :wave:

mike_cyul
February 11th, 2009, 07:46
Hope you find something you really enjoy when the time comes. Every time I was laid off (before I became self employed, some 20 years ago), it lead to something better. Hope it's the same for you.

Mike

Cees Donker
February 11th, 2009, 10:52
Sorry to read this Henry. What can I say?

:kilroy:

Cees

gera
February 11th, 2009, 10:57
Hey Henry.............SMILE!!!!!! a better and brighter future awaits you, I know, like others I went through that
"Tunnel", but the other end is Bright Amigo!!!!! so go for it, only happiness awaits after the storm.:Banane09:

Nick C
February 11th, 2009, 11:07
I hate to say it, but the last time I was unemployed I had a ball...still paying for it now however, but I really honed my CFS1 skills at that time :engel016:

Sorry to hear this Henry, hope you can find employment again soon.

Sascha66
February 11th, 2009, 11:36
Very sorry to hear it! I hope you can find something new soon, wishing you all the best!

cheezyflier
February 11th, 2009, 12:10
Join the club !!!

Sorry to hear it and knowing what it feels like....... :welcome:

your in rather prestigious company
(and i ain't just talkin about me, either):costumes:

dharris
February 12th, 2009, 06:30
I feel your pain. Got laid off a couple of years ago, in MIchigan, where unemployment is highest in the nation. Found a few part time jobs, but those are gone now. At my age it is not what I had in mind for life right now. It is more than just the lack of money flow, but it is your own self-worth. A man needs to have a job. Last week my wife got laid off as well, so this form of entertainment and relaxation may soon come to an end as well. Am hoping you weather the storm and get back on your feet soon. Don

Henry
February 12th, 2009, 06:39
I feel your pain. Got laid off a couple of years ago, in MIchigan, where unemployment is highest in the nation. Found a few part time jobs, but those are gone now. At my age it is not what I had in mind for life right now. It is more than just the lack of money flow, but it is your own self-worth. A man needs to have a job. Last week my wife got laid off as well, so this form of entertainment and relaxation may soon come to an end as well. Am hoping you weather the storm and get back on your feet soon. Don
Hey Don seems like you got it worse than me
My wife has a good job
I was employed for the past 25 years
i knew this was going to happen over the last 12 months
i am having a short break
then im trying to restart the business
myself with a little luck
H

Warrant
February 12th, 2009, 08:27
Sorry to hear all of this. Hope weather clears up for you soon, DHarris.

Don't know how deep ya are in flightsim business, but perhaps your knowledge of the sim might cash-out somewhere.

Hope both you and Henry get stuff back on the rails soon.

dharris
February 12th, 2009, 13:42
Appreciate the concern, and as far as my knowledge of the sims and cashing in, it is more likely that I will cash out more funds as some of the new models look to be incredible. I had been in contact with Baz and from what I heard and saw the new connie will be "the Connie" when she comes online. Baz had some personal setbacks, and I really hope he can work through them, he sure seems to have his finger on the pulse of the sim-market. Wishing him well.:amen:

Cazzie
February 12th, 2009, 14:01
Sorry to hear about that Henry.

I went ahead and took an early retirement at 62, because jobs around my area of the country are slim and none now that textiles and tobacco are history.

I did this for other reasons also, I started a family late in life and I have one son 16 and one soon to be 13 and by retiring early, each of them will receive a monthly benefit until they are 19, direct deposit straight into their college savings plan, 16 YO can't stand it!

But I work harder than ever, always house work, school work, old widowed mama work, old widowed M-I-L work, S-I-L work, brother work, and civic duties that I always find a way to volunteer for.

Caz

pointy31
February 12th, 2009, 18:10
My wife has had me doing "honey do's" since I retired . I don't have time for a real job, ...wish I did so I'd get a vacation...:sleep:

Henry
February 12th, 2009, 18:49
My wife has had me doing "honey do's" since I retired . I don't have time for a real job, ...wish I did so I'd get a vacation...:sleep:
yup
did ya vacuum an lick floors clean:engel016:
H

pointy31
February 12th, 2009, 19:11
yup
did ya vacuum an lick floors clean:engel016:
H

Yup, done that, got the apron...wifey calls it "cross-training"..... I reckon that's better than "cross-dressing", but not as much fun.....:monkies:

pointy31
February 12th, 2009, 19:17
I'm readying the house for the week-end, her family is coming over...

IanHenry
February 12th, 2009, 21:11
Good Luck Henry,
I hope you manage to get all this sorted out soon. I know how unpleasent all this can be. Keep your pecker up!

Regards,
Ian

Cazzie
February 13th, 2009, 04:35
Yup, done that, got the apron...wifey calls it "cross-training"..... I reckon that's better than "cross-dressing", but not as much fun.....:monkies:

RO"dirty"FLOMAO!!!!

Caz

dharris
February 13th, 2009, 04:50
Don't know what I would do without the laundry and cleaning, a real satisfying thing to keep you in shape and ease your mind (NOT!):applause: