PDA

View Full Version : Strange island in front of Pensacola beach

William Njurmi
May 13th, 2017, 10:22
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50017&stc=1I have wondered quite a long now where the boxy island has arisen to Pensacola beach. I have tried many different scenery orders, switched off FTX landclass etc.
UTX USA is in use and its below FTX entries or any airport entries. Appreciate any hints to get rid of it.

ToniJH
May 13th, 2017, 20:11
Do you have any other terrain sceneries installed, ORBX vector etc? Usually UTUSA and ORBX products have a conflict issues like this, if there is other terrain scenery active same time when UTUsa is activated.
Or do you have any scenery addon in Pensacola area installed, like KPNS, KNPA airport sceneries.

William Njurmi
May 13th, 2017, 21:36
Orbx has installed som free landclass which I have switched off - vector I donīt have. Jim Dhaenes NAS, payware Pensacola Intl and Pensacola Beach are in use. These I have tried in several different order in scenery library.

Penzoil3
May 14th, 2017, 02:49
All 3rd party scenery must be above the OrbX scenery to function properly. Use the "insertion Point" tool in FTX Central. It will keep FTX Central from putting the OrbX stuff at the top every time you open FTX Central. That is NOT "free landclass" it is part of the FTX Global texture package, which will not work properly without it.

RobM
May 14th, 2017, 07:08
I use to have this happen when I was using UTX, usually when I installed new scenery. As I recall you just need
to reset UTX.

Go to your Program Files, under Flight One, under UTX USA, open the Set Up Tool, let the Tool automatically
validate the UTX intall, click OK a couple of times when prompted, and see if that fixes the problem.

If you have more than one UTX area, you should probably do this for all of them in case there's other
new land masses like this you haven't discovered yet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Rob

Penzoil3
May 14th, 2017, 17:28
https://www.scribd.com/document/250384067/FTX-Definitive-Guide
Read the manual !

William Njurmi
May 15th, 2017, 10:37
Thank you for your advices, took some time to go through them all. Last link to the FTX instructions was a bit confusing as it presented a scenery order which is opposite even to the information they give themselves. No wonder we run into troubles at times.

It seems that I have to give up the Pensacola Beach scenery as unticking that gave the desired effect which removed the unwanted island. Otherwise my scenery order was almost identical to the advices given above. I made a insertion point for FTX above the UTX USA.