PDA

View Full Version : Orbx question

jeffv
May 11th, 2017, 10:14
Hi,

Hey guys, i browsed the Orbx airports and i saw that all airport have prerequisite product. For example NA Pacific Northwest.

So there is no chance that the airport will run without this?

Its really sad because i bought Megascenery earth and i dont want the NA Pacific Northwest.

Bobr2
May 11th, 2017, 10:56
No, you have to have the PNW scenery which is a lot better then the Mega Scenery anyway. I have bought many MegaScenerys and am not pleased the way that they show up.

jeffv
May 11th, 2017, 11:02
No, you have to have the PNW scenery which is a lot better then the Mega Scenery anyway. I have bought many MegaScenerys and am not pleased the way that they show up.

Ok, Thanks Bob.

JimH
May 11th, 2017, 12:52
I combine Megascenery V2 and V3 sceneries with Orbx airports all the time. I simply enable (click) both the MSE scenery and the Orbx airport in the FSX Scenery Library, with the Orbx airport located in the library above the MSE scenery.

jeffv
May 11th, 2017, 13:08
I combine Megascenery V2 and V3 sceneries with Orbx airports all the time. I simply enable (click) both the MSE scenery and the Orbx airport in the FSX Scenery Library, with the Orbx airport located in the library above the MSE scenery.

Hi Jim,

So i can buy any Orbx airport alone and they will work?

gman5250
May 11th, 2017, 13:53
If you don't have any ORBX products, maybe you might try one of their freeware downloads to see well they mesh with MSE to your satisfaction.

The website will give you detailed information on compatibility for different levels of ORBX products.

I would follow the recommendations for each scenery. ORBX develops coastlines, lakes, rivers etc more accurately than stock FSX or P3D. They also use a huge library of scenery objects and other infrastructure to render scenery's as designed.

BTW...they are running a huge sale right now. I stepped up and bought Open LC North America, even though I use MSE and my own photo real for most flying. It was a nice addition to fall back on when I don't want to load all of that satellite imagery.

blanston12
May 11th, 2017, 15:31
I have mostly ORBX but have gotten a few MegaScenery packages, MegaScenery Looks good from high up but not so great at ground level. Where ORBX which has lots of autogen looks much better close up. Biggest thing you will notice with both ORBX and MegaScenery is the color pallet between the two is a bit different. MegaScenery looks un-naturally green to me in comparison and the line where MegaScenery ends is very distinct, while the ORBX modules just seam to blend together with everything else much cleaner.

AussieMan
May 11th, 2017, 18:10
ORBX airports are designed to blend in with the ORBX regions texture, whether it is a complete ORBX region or Open land class NA or EU. While the airports will work in default FSX or P3D they will look horrible. The airports are designed to blend seamlessly with ORBX regions or land class.

Penzoil3
May 11th, 2017, 18:29
Not exactly horrible, just the edges won't blend properly, and the colors won't match. You MUST HAVE the OrbX libraries for them to work at all though.
Sue

Sieggie
May 12th, 2017, 05:13
In the PNW, because of all the water, the airports will be a mess without the regions. MS never put any of the coastlines in the correct place and the Orbx airports really need the coastlines in the correct place or the airports look really silly.

Dave

jeffv
May 12th, 2017, 05:59
I would like to thanks you for all the answer. You give me the answer i wanted.

Its really appreciated. :jump:

JimH
May 12th, 2017, 07:39
You might already know this, but I thought I'd add that in addition to their payware airports, Orbx offers hundreds of free "Global" airports. I have used these free airports in conjunction with both Orbx regional sceneries (PNW, northern and southern California, etc.), and with Megascenery V2 and V3 sceneries. https://orbxdirect.com/product/ftx-global-na-pack

JimH
May 12th, 2017, 07:44
You might already know this, but I thought I'd add that in addition to their payware airports, Orbx offers hundreds of free "Global" airports. I have used these free airports in conjunction with both Orbx regional sceneries (PNW, northern and southern California, etc.), and with Megascenery V2 and V3 sceneries. https://orbxdirect.com/product/ftx-global-na-pack

Correction: Oops, there's no need to use the Orbx free "global" airports within the Orbx regional sceneries, since the Orbx regional sceneries already include upgraded airports.

jeffv
May 12th, 2017, 10:33
Correction: Oops, there's no need to use the Orbx free "global" airports within the Orbx regional sceneries, since the Orbx regional sceneries already include upgraded airports.

Ok, Thanks for the info JimH.

Penzoil3
May 12th, 2017, 20:43
The airports in the Global packs have not been enhanced in the regions. That's why they are made for the global packs in the first place. Why would they develop an airport twice for crying out loud...