PDA

View Full Version : Schneider Trophy

garykidman
May 8th, 2017, 07:58
Dear People the FSX forum I have for some years If I am allowed to say this have been very interested in Combat Flight Simualtor 3 which I have
greatly enjoyed and still do. But have now found the urge for Flight Sim X which I have installed on my Acer P.C. which is about 10 years old now which I have connected up to my
T.V. in the living room and it runs Great. I have also collected a number of Magazines of P.C. Pilot which is a fabulous Magazine which also have discs where authors for addons for Flight simulator
can distribute their marvellous work and I take my hat off to them as they put in many hours of work with only appraisals as payment.

I had read an article where developers had did an addon for FS2004 of the schneider Trophy which would be a great addition for FSX but don't know if anyone does it anymore.

i understand that you canstill download the files for FS2004 but I would not know if you could import them into flight sim x I understand that the files are for the aircraft, scenery and the full circuit with flightplans.

But I am not a Techy so I would not know if they work in FSX but it would be really Great if anyone has acheived this i would be greatly interested but I think it would make for a project with great potential.

Your feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Willy
May 8th, 2017, 08:34
I remember the FS9 Schneider Trophy add ons. A lot of FS9 aircraft will port over into FSX. Some of my favorites work great in it. Some don't however. All you can do is try them and see what happens. If they don't work out, just uninstall them.

I'm into Gee Bees, but most of the FS9 ones have "issues".

DaveB
May 8th, 2017, 08:50
Don't put an FS9 traffic file into FSX mate.. you'll kill all other FSX traffic!! It's not irreversible though. Remove the offending traffic file and all will go back to normal.

What you can do is use AIFP to convert the FS9 file to FSX format. You'll then be good to go:encouragement:
ATB
DaveB:)

garykidman
May 8th, 2017, 09:28
Many thanks for your quick reply guys and very interested in you help and comments.

Regards Gary

Roger
May 8th, 2017, 11:16
I would love to see an FsX native set of Schneider seaplanes:jump:

DaveB
May 8th, 2017, 11:42
Yes indeed:encouragement: It's been a long time since I've seen that Schneider pack and I'm not sure how well it would sit in FSX. At a guess.. poorly but you never know.

ATB
DaveB:)

Elias
May 8th, 2017, 12:11
I used to be one of the designers of the original project. Of course it has never progressed to FSX and the team has been disbanded almost a decade ago.
There is a file uploaded to simviation called "Racing floatplanes from the virtual Schneider project updated for FSX". I don't know how successful is the conversion, but I suppose the aircraft are not "FSX native". You have nothing to loose trying the package though. Of course you will miss the 1929 Southampton scenery and traffic.

I think the best and easiest way to enjoy the project is to reinstall FS9 :)

Roger
May 8th, 2017, 12:34
Great to see you again Elias!

Elias
May 8th, 2017, 12:49
Hey, Roger, been a long time!
Nice to see you too.
:ernaehrung004:

zswobbie1
May 8th, 2017, 22:33
Elias, an awesome idea! I actually have a separate FS2004 install for Golden Wings, & another for the late Garry Smith & Ed's Ford Trimotor project.
It's pretty much a niche install, as my Ford install also has a lot of Mike Stone's stuff, as well as Milton's older planes, as Garry also provided a repository for those guys.

The Schneider project will fit in perfectly!

(I got bore, after many years, with the so-called normal point to point flying, & the 2 installs of mine rekindled my simming!)

Dangerous Beans
May 10th, 2017, 09:42
Anyone know where I can download this set ?
I'v been googling like mad but everything points to The Old Hanger which appears to be dead :(

wombat666
May 10th, 2017, 10:22
I'v been googling like mad but everything points to The Old Hanger which appears to be dead :(

"Racing floatplanes from the virtual Schneider project updated for FSX"
Try a search at Simvation using these terms, it worked last time I looked, and of course, Google is your friend.
:encouragement:

Dangerous Beans
May 10th, 2017, 12:48
Thanks Wombat, got it.

garykidman
May 11th, 2017, 08:07
The Old Hangar is still going and has the full Schneider pack for FS for 2004 as I downloaded it the other day.