PDA

View Full Version : If They Re-Mastered The Original 'Battlestar Galactica'

Panther_99FS
April 22nd, 2017, 20:22
https://vimeo.com/112282165

stansdds
April 23rd, 2017, 03:53
Much like Star Trek (TOS), the effects in the re-mastered demo are far better than what was used in the original series. And yes, I am fine with Star Trek being remastered. The effects are so much better, but do not detract from the story, and now you can see the real colors of the uniforms.

Oh, and MeTV has announced that Battlestar Galactica will soon be shown on Saturday nights as part of their Saturday Night Sci-fi lineup.

aeronca1
April 23rd, 2017, 03:55
Off topic, but why is it that in all of these films and TV shows, the "evil" side always has way cooler looking equipment, lol. Also, in the darkness of space, those helmet lights must really mess up night vision....

stansdds
April 23rd, 2017, 03:58
Off topic, but why is it that in all of these films and TV shows, the "evil" side always has way cooler looking equipment, lol. Also, in the darkness of space, those helmet lights must really mess up night vision....

I wondered about that too, but it does allow you to clearly see the actor's face in an otherwise dark environment.

Naismith
April 23rd, 2017, 16:10
Am I alone? I have never ever seen an episode of Battlestar Galactica. :biggrin-new:

Panther_99FS
April 23rd, 2017, 16:42
Am I alone? I have never ever seen an episode of Battlestar Galactica. :biggrin-new:

And I've never seen "E.T."...

CG_1976
April 23rd, 2017, 18:03
And I've never seen "E.T."...

I have seen many ET's, right in Las Vegas and on the way to Area51 lol.

Ivan
April 23rd, 2017, 20:37
Nice little video.

My kids watched the new Battlestar Galactica on a long road trip a couple weeks ago.
My Son watched this video with me and I actually remembered enough about the plot of this particular episode to explain it to him

My Son's questions were:
Why don't the pilots have visors on their helmets?
....and why are there lights around the pilots' faces?

I wondered why these folks don't wear gloves when "flying".

- Ivan.

PhantomTweak
April 23rd, 2017, 21:48
and now you can see the real colors of the uniforms.

The real colors? Heck, I know Gold is Command, Blue is Science, and Red is Expendables :biggrin-new:
All except Mr. Scott. He's the only red-shirt to survive more than 3/4 of an episode, which shows ya how tough a Scotsman is :encouragement:

I watched Star Trek when it first came out. I was a Trekker from the git-go. I couldn't get into Cattlecar Galaxica the same, though. Just too hokey, for me, especially the story line. Just me, though. I started watching that when it first hit TV too, but it just couldn't compete, in my mind.

But heck, whatever you enjoy, good on you.

Have a good time all!
Pat☺

stansdds
April 24th, 2017, 01:56
The real colors? Heck, I know Gold is Command, Blue is Science, and Red is Expendables :biggrin-new:
All except Mr. Scott. He's the only red-shirt to survive more than 3/4 of an episode, which shows ya how tough a Scotsman is :encouragement:

I watched Star Trek when it first came out. I was a Trekker from the git-go. I couldn't get into Cattlecar Galaxica the same, though. Just too hokey, for me, especially the story line. Just me, though. I started watching that when it first hit TV too, but it just couldn't compete, in my mind.

But heck, whatever you enjoy, good on you.

Have a good time all!
Pat☺

Command uniforms were actually green, but the studio lighting and film processing made them look gold. Also, the trousers were not black, but were dark grey, again, it was the lighting and film processing that turned them black.

Panther_99FS
April 24th, 2017, 03:50
Command uniforms were actually green, but the studio lighting and film processing made them look gold.

->https://www.anovos.com/collections/star-trek/products/star-trek-the-original-series-captain-kirk-green-wrap-season-2-pre-order
https://www.anovos.com/collections/star-trek/products/star-trek-the-original-series-captain-kirk-green-wrap-season-1-pre-order
Actually as I understand it, Kirk's were the only green ones - the others were mustard...I could be mistaken though..

n4gix
April 24th, 2017, 05:58

I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons of the original Battlestar Galactica, but watched with increasing annoyance as the plot became sillier and sillier...

I never could warm up to the remake of Battlestar Glactica. It was just too dark and depressing, IMHO.

Tom Clayton
April 24th, 2017, 19:49

"It's in the script, so it must work!"

Panther_99FS
April 24th, 2017, 22:08
I never could warm up to the remake of Battlestar Glactica. It was just too dark and depressing, IMHO.

IMHO,
This was the best thing about the re-imaged series....People were real...had flaws and issues...:mixed-smiley-010:

n4gix
April 25th, 2017, 08:06
IMHO,
This was the best thing about the re-imaged series....People were real...had flaws and issues...:mixed-smiley-010:

I'll grant you that point, however I watched as a form of escapism, so the original series being lighter and more 'campy' appealed to my inner-self's need for comfort. :biggrin-new:

Eoraptor1
April 25th, 2017, 08:33
Are you people speaking Nerd without ME!!!??? Anyway, I liked the old and the new BSG. I didn't have a problem with the series being updated. My great disappointment with the reboot series was that we didn't get to see a new Count Iblis. The original BSG fans will know what I'm talking about. And...while we're on the subject. I know there's an OS Viper, but has anyone modelled the Mark VII for FSX? For that matter, has anyone modelled the Buck Rogers Starfighter?

JAMES