PDA

View Full Version : Short Sunderland MkIII flying boat for Fs9 uploaded.

Shessi
April 16th, 2017, 10:58
Hi Folks,
Just uploaded the new model Short Sunderland MkIII flying boat for Fs9.

Made multi-LOD; New single gun front turret; New prop spinners and exhausts; New crew, with animated co-pilot (in external and VC view); Added a nose nav/bomb aimers window; Accurate animated Gouge style flaps; New gauges for VC; New depth charges and animation.

Please read the README for lots of info etc.

Happy Easter!

Cheers

Shessi

blanston12
April 16th, 2017, 22:05
Just downloaded and installed the Sunderland into P3d to try it out. Yes I know I am breaking the warranty by doing that but I did it anyways.

First let me say it looks great, inside and out. Many of the gauges give the 'unsupported fs98 or earlier' warning but it continues to load.

Biggest problem I have is that about 10 seconds into the take off roll I get a Splash or a Crash warning and the flight stops.

Again I know I am using a sim two versions (maybe 4) later than its intended but though you would like to know my results.

Shessi
April 17th, 2017, 00:22
Ha ha ha...

No, you're most welcome to try it where out you like, no warranty or like, so no problem...just don't expect it to work there...........

I think you've just answered the problems yourself..........:173go1:

Cheers

Shessi

Dangerous Beans
April 17th, 2017, 02:34
I'v just been flying her in P3D too, she even looks good in VR :)

With crash detection off she digs in and yaws to the left on takeoff so first flight I had to slew her into the air.
It seems to be the contact points, point.6, 7, 8 and 9 are for wheels, if you delete them she takes off fine.

The old gauges are mostly for the popup panels, the only ones that don't work in the VC are the fuel and flap gauges.

MattJeo11
April 17th, 2017, 04:35
Awesome porcupine. :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Mick
April 17th, 2017, 04:46
Thank you!
:ernaehrung004:

HorusJ
April 17th, 2017, 06:35
Wow,its a looker and flies great! Thank you!:applause:

blanston12
April 17th, 2017, 10:54
Took Dangerous Beans advice on the contact points and it fixed the splash problem.

For fun i re-loaded JBK's shorts to compare and what a difference, your new Sunderland looks so much better. Will probably have to spend some time working out more modern gauges to use with her.

Blackbird686
April 22nd, 2017, 15:10
Very nice, Shessi. Excellent work there, and for a big tub, she's as gentle as a kitten.

BB686:US-flag:

brausch
June 12th, 2017, 14:23
excellent Sunderlands thankyou sir !,..any chance of a Mk.5 that the RNZAF used (and my old man flew) ,..images aplenty here...http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/sundland.html :encouragement:

SPman
June 12th, 2017, 17:10
excellent Sunderlands thankyou sir !,..any chance of a Mk.5 that the RNZAF used (and my old man flew) ,..images aplenty here...http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/sundland.html :encouragement:

Unfortunately, Shessi said he wouldn't be doing a Mk5.