PDA

View Full Version : Beverley C Mk.1

lazarus
April 15th, 2017, 20:53

Does anyone hereabouts know if Ralph Pelgram around, or reachable. It`s been about 15 years (!) since this old bod was released, a long time ago.
If any of the bodgers on the right side of the pond have aught of Mr Pelgram, or have a working email, due diligence must be attempted.
The old monster is up to MDL X standard, except bumps, which caused display issues (don`t know why)
She has new pilots (Piglet`s) weight condition cargo options (Bedford 3T GS, GS bowser, pair of land rovers or four pallets) airdropping kit on water rudder visibility command(hides clamshells, shows deflectors-had to make elephant ears and ribs `n stringers for the hold), droppable object condition pallets for air drop or ULADS (LAPES, for those in the former american colonies) with airdrop and LAPES objects(working, more or less- you can get the boxes on the ground, or total them dropping from out of envelope) The globe is removed from the hold, a layer of desert sand installed, elsan leaks from the overhead, and optional period nav system specific to the Bev(read the map on the way out, follow the oilslick home...) I kid about the last few features.
It`s about ready to go, except for tracking down Mr Pelgram, so any assistance on that bit would be invaluable, if that is achievable.

hairyspin
April 15th, 2017, 23:43
I wouldn't know where to find the author but remember having this in FS8? a long time ago. The jibe about the oil slick is of course nonsense: the Centaurus vapourised engine oil quite effectively. The onboard nav system followed the smell back home: later developments allowed the same system to track snorkelling submarines.

I am glad you got rid of the bouncing globe.

lazarus
April 15th, 2017, 23:50
Oh, twisted my BSF and Whitworth spanners on many Centauri. They seemed quite competent in the oil slick department. Much nicer to work on than poppet valve mills, though.

simondix
April 16th, 2017, 03:20
I saw the last flight when it landed at Hendon

harrybasset
April 16th, 2017, 03:37
I suspect it may not now be possible to contact Mr Pegram. I read this morning on the Classic British Flight Sim site that several years ago he did pass his Beverley source files to a member on there. I have PM'd that member and will let you know if/when I get any reply.

DaveB
April 16th, 2017, 04:14
I have some Beverley files passed for upload. I don't think they were source files or where they are now I'm not sure but I can certainly look if required.

ATB
DaveB:)

MDIvey
April 16th, 2017, 05:26
Superb Lazarus... always liked the look of this plane. hope you can release this.

Matt

DaveB
April 16th, 2017, 06:08
Harry..

Re the source files.. I hope you didn't PM Rich Ruscoe. He passed away 4 years ago :( . I've looked for the PM he sent with the constituent parts but must have erased it in one of those 'your inbox is full' moments. Rick must have had the source files at some point as he made the revised version with the different rear end. Not sure he'll still have them. I found the Beverley upgrade zip should that be needed. There are a few more places I can check but the PM would have led me straight to the files as even if I downloaded them.. I don't know what I'm looking for now.
ATB

lazarus
April 16th, 2017, 10:02
We'll see if anything shakes loose. Most all simmers wander by here often, so it's a good notice board. I doubt I'll be able to get aholt of Mr Pelgram, so I'll go head with it under terms of the MS proviso 'modification to update and restore or add functionality to older softwear in later OS's'.
The author retains credit, and a nice bit of modelling gets preserved.
Next, I'll have to see if Mr.Piper would object to his Andover getting the treatment, if I can succeed in recreating the kneeling prop animation.:banghead:

harrybasset
April 16th, 2017, 11:25
Harry..

Re the source files.. I hope you didn't PM Rich Ruscoe. He passed away 4 years ago :( . I've looked for the PM he sent with the constituent parts but must have erased it in one of those 'your inbox is full' moments. Rick must have had the source files at some point as he made the revised version with the different rear end. Not sure he'll still have them. I found the Beverley upgrade zip should that be needed. There are a few more places I can check but the PM would have led me straight to the files as even if I downloaded them.. I don't know what I'm looking for now.
ATB

Unfortunately that may be who I sent a PM to, if it is still in the CBFSim outbox I will delete it. Edit Message deleted, such are drawbacks of the Internet, hardly anything seems to get deleted.

Naismith
April 16th, 2017, 11:53
I have these 4 various Blackburn Beverley files in my repository of ancient but loved things :biggrin-new:

Beverly_Panel.zip 1147KB
Blackburn_Beverley_Twin_Pack.zip 15048KB
Blackburn_Beverley_XH124-1.zip 32368KB
ViewsBlackBeverley.zip 344KB

If they are of any use let me know. :encouragement:

lazarus
April 16th, 2017, 12:31
The twin pack and XH124 are default in this package, converted to DDS and the fuselage roundel tweaked to minimise distortion. The views package- Erwin's? and 2d panel- I think those are available on simviation, but can be included. The VC is a question mark. Supposedly, the model has a 'DVC', but MDLX reads an empty object. I'm using a version of Jen's C-124 VC- not ideal, but fills the gap. The block of flats may just go out without a VC, folks can merge whatever suits their needs, keep things simple. The C-124 VC is almost close, if one squints hard, but still has wings and things out side that don't look on at all, and cannot be sanded off, though not really obvious unless you run the seat all the way forward.

ian elliot
April 16th, 2017, 12:51
Thanks for the effort on this, this is really up my alley, i guess this will make a good ai model as well, i can see me changing the traffic file in my Aden scenery when this is released, Argosy's are good but Beverley's work better for me, been looking for an excuse to update that area of the world :wavey:

cheers ian

tommieboy
April 16th, 2017, 16:06
Really looking forward to this one too, as I've been flying the ones I downloaded from simviation for the last few months.

Tommy

Bjoern
April 18th, 2017, 13:13
Next, I'll have to see if Mr.Piper would object to his Andover getting the treatment, if I can succeed in recreating the kneeling prop animation.:banghead:

How's the animation triggered on the FS9 model?

P.S: How much bribing would it take to make you work your magic on the SHRS/Alphasim F-111? Or Rick's HS 748, if we're already talking about combat budgies?

lazarus
December 24th, 2017, 13:12
A bit late responding- sorry. Many distractions and many miles between then and now...
Bribery, eh? Slow women and fast whiskey work well at my age...:very_drunk:
Andover-Eh...it's just tailhook- the problem being coming up with a prop disc compound animation that matches the kneeling motion. If you can live with the prop disc not quite following the kneeling motion- not too noticible except from directly in profile- it's perfectly usable.
F-111... you want to do the VC switches? :biggrin-new: Somebody was bugging me about that-a lot. I might have been a bit grumpy.
The 748 is on the list somewhere.
Resurecting old threads, but didn't want to clutter up the board.

I updated the Beverley. In the course of getting the reversing going, I glitched the airdrop mods. I don't know what I did, something to the FDE, but It don't work.
So, I put the deflectors and clamshells on weight conditions in the payload editor and added titles to the station points, makes it easier to use the various payloads and conditions. It's been uploaded, and should be active immediately.

harrybasset
December 25th, 2017, 10:30
Thank you for updating the Beverley Lazarus. I remember them in the real world, a glorious sight and sound.

Bjoern
December 26th, 2017, 15:49
F-111... you want to do the VC switches? :biggrin-new: Somebody was bugging me about that-a lot. I might have been a bit grumpy.
The 748 is on the list somewhere.

Even on the Alpha/SHRS bird?

Eh, in that case, forget it. I'll wait till Arno has recognization for custom FS9 visibilities and mouserect codes implemented into MCX.

simondix
December 27th, 2017, 01:55
Thank you for updating the Beverley Lazarus. I remember them in the real world, a glorious sight and sound.

I saw the last one when it flew into Hendon. I couldn't say much as I was bunking off school at the time.

lazarus
December 27th, 2017, 12:19
'Bunking off' school:biggrin-new: Yeah, never, ever did that. I think I majored in girls, planes and -ahem...
Or, as Krusty put it...Over the years, I've hfffffffth! a lot of 'whoa!', and 'guh guh guh!' a lot of 'aooogha!'...
It's a limitation, aright. It's also a jumbo pain to even get the VC into a position where you can see what's moving and what's what. A VC with 90 'unknowns' to identify is nightmarish. Then there's arbitrary switch assignments, duplicate assignments.
I'm also lazy, and not much of a switch flipper. Then the mouse rectangle bug- if you can't click it, what's the point?
Me, I'm happy with having glass, props and getting rid of the dead flat skin. God's love Arno, though. MCX has turned into one sweet little bit of kit, I am terribly impressed with what can be done with that gizmo. I'd never imagined being able to turn out even a half-assed model like that Mallow, for instance.