PDA

View Full Version : What Do I do Now

Smashing Time
February 9th, 2009, 20:34
I tried to use some stupid prgram to convert FS2004 aircraft for this sim but the model did not work. I then deleted it and now I can't fly anything.
Whats the deal?
:kilroy:

hellcat44
February 9th, 2009, 21:15
Not sure....but there is an error log that can be accessed by opening the sim folder....what does that say?

Jagdflieger
February 9th, 2009, 21:15
ST,

The first suspect is your aeroplane folder. How many aeroplanes are in there? Different systems seem to handle more or fewer planes, but the limit seems to be between 85 and 100 planes. Any more, and those two failure windows are the end result.

It may be something else, but give this solution a try first. Remove a couple of planes you're not using and then try.

SW
February 10th, 2009, 02:40
Smashing Time,

if it is the 100 (or so) plane limit you cam still fly, just click on OK on both the error messages, then try Quick Combat/Free Flight again and it will work (if it really is just the 100 plane limit problem).

For me once I've gone over the limit even if I remove planes I still get problems with the info screens for missions and have difficulty using the mission editor. :-(

cheers,

SW

Smashing Time
February 10th, 2009, 05:36
this is all I have
:help:

Jagdflieger
February 10th, 2009, 05:46
ST,

The next suspect is probably a DP file that has a duplicate name or is flawed in some other manner.

While aircraft DP files do not give me much trouble, ship DP files can lock me up faster than a police officer on Friday night. Have you installed any new ships?

bearcat241
February 10th, 2009, 06:22
Smash, what model were you trying to convert?....and were you trying to fly against it as an enemy or with it as a player a/c?

Temporarily move the two P-40's and the PBY out of the AIRCRAFT folder also. And as Jagd referred to, move all addon ships out of the SHIPS folder.

Whenever you convert something, you should always try it first in FF, not QC. Its a better environment for debugging if needed.

hellcat44
February 10th, 2009, 07:47
Smashing...if all else fails you can always selectively uninstall...saving the sim's root folders that you have a lot of sweat equity in.
When putting these folders into a new install, do so one at a time, firing up the sim each time to make sure a folder isn't causing the error.
If a folder is corrupting, the problem is at least narrowed down...try to fix or dump and start over with the stock folder.
Not micro surgery...move like gutting a hog :faint:...but it works.

Also....an UTD backup install, disc, external HD, or even on the same drive is comforting.

Smashing Time
February 10th, 2009, 08:51
Thanks for the info. I was trying to use the model converter by Ivan Hyu on the WOP WWII Zeke
I'll do some investigating tonight.
I may have deleted a .DAT file with another dumb program that should be kept out of incompetent hands.
I should stick to painting. :frown:

Smashing Time
February 11th, 2009, 08:38
Jagdflieger
That was it.SHIPS! After reading PV14u2nv's thread also, I found that when I put in Nibbio's smokes.zip, I put the dP fix for the Yorktown in the OBJECTS DP folder instead of the Enterprise folder. Everything works now.
Strange that it did not start giving me trouble until days later. Thanks to all.:jump: