PDA

View Full Version : beechcraft at-11 re-paints louisiana national guard and ang

vonernsk
March 9th, 2017, 12:36
Mick,

Thanks so much for these two very nice skins for Milton's lovely AT-11. You, rightly, give credit to Damian Radice for the paint kit for this gem, and I really appreciate your efforts in utilising his paint kit in the production of two very nice skins. The reflective mettalic sheen is of particular note and incredibly life-like. So thanks again.

Mal

Mick
March 10th, 2017, 05:29
Thanks Mal, for your kind words!

I didn't actually use a paint kit. I just started with one of Damian's paint jobs and changed the markings. So I used his skin sort of as a paint kit, but not an actual paint kit.

We've lost some stalwarts of the hobby to age and geriatric ailments, but Damian was young when he went west - still in his thirties, I believe. I was happy to consider him a friend. And he had such talent!

I'm glad you like the AT-11 skins. I can only presume that the plane's markings were updated; they probably were, but maybe not. I just really like the little touch of color that the red bar in the insignia gives those shiny silver airplanes!

Despite a lifetime of interest in aviation history, for some unexplained reason I didn't get around to joining AAHS until a few years ago. When I finally did, I bought all the back issues of the Journal and I've been catching up on all that missed reading. I seldom read an issue without finding at least one photo that compels me to get out the virtual paint brush. I'm working on one that I hope to finish today. I'm only up to the year 2001 with the Journals, so there are sure to be lot more paint jobs waiting to jump out at me!