PDA

View Full Version : Are FSX aircraft compatible with ESP?

ColoKent
February 9th, 2009, 04:26
Hi all,

I'm wondering if FSX (and perhaps FS9 as well) aircraft and scenery are compatible with Microsoft's ESP. Also I'm wondering if the default scenery is more detailed around the world than it is in FSX. Does anyone know?

Any info would be appreciated.

Kent

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 9th, 2009, 04:35
no difference at all in aircraft or scenery , there is a different kind of method for choosing where and what you fly as they dont share the user same interface,
and ESP has a different simconnect version

beatle
February 9th, 2009, 06:25
Well, ESP didn't have a SP1, but it does have a different SimConnect version number from FSX (which has 3 different version numbers of its own for RTM, SP1, & SP2) - but ESP also allows connections from clients built using the FSX-SP2 version of SimConnect (it might also allow RTM & SP1, I haven't tried those), so you can use FSX-SP2 as a happy medium to support both FSX-SP2/XPack & ESP v1 targets.

An aircraft that works in FSX-SP2 (be it FSX Native or FS9 PortOver) will also work in ESP v1 (although its possible that ESP might not include all the old gauges that a FS9 aircraft might reference, so there could be holes in the panel).

Tim

CG_1976
February 9th, 2009, 06:32
Were does one find ESP please?

Wozza
February 9th, 2009, 07:21
Were does one find ESP please?
Ha! I think its like 899$us per license(yup 899 dollars) and the sdk is around 99$us :)
but you can find more info here http://www.microsoft.com/esp/
Cheers
Wozza

crashaz
February 9th, 2009, 07:30
Yes the planes are compatible... well as of ver 1.0.

The scenery was the same too.

Francois
February 9th, 2009, 09:27
LOL..... ESP basically 'is' FSX..... or rather.. 'was'.

ColoKent
February 9th, 2009, 09:32
I was also wondering if the "stock" scenery and seasonal textures, the landtypes, and landclass were an improvement over FSX...

...in addition to FSX add-ons working.

Kent

Francois
February 9th, 2009, 09:39
There was nothing changed in ESP...... changes (additions) were coming with V2 of it.

ColoKent
February 9th, 2009, 10:28
....which sounds like it's now **NOT** coming (V2, that is) with the termination in sales.

K.

Francois
February 9th, 2009, 10:30
Nope. FSX, ESP and MST2 were all canned.