PDA

View Full Version : Very long time since . . . .

Jesper
February 17th, 2017, 04:50
Some years ago years ago I bought a new gaming rig and never got FS2004 installed on it. Moving all the add-ons to the new rig as well as recreating years of tweaking seemed as a insurmountable task for a PC dummy like yours truly.

I tried once, only to get an error message from disk 4 that a specific file was unreadable and thus the installation would be aborted. After some serious cleaning and polishing of disk 4 I still got the error and gave up

Instead - meant as an interim solution - I moved to the 'Dark Side' of FPS' like COD, BF3 and BF4. And has been there ever since

Lately I have considered to give FS2004 a go. Either by somehow 'fixing' disk 4 or by purchasing FS2004 as used from someone, if still possible

And I thought I'd go here and see if the old girl is still alive and kicking. And I believe that the conclusion must be: Yes (That's truly amazing :-)

However, I also see that with WIN10 on my rig, the plan may be grounded thoroughly and for good :-(

Take care

J

Jesper
February 17th, 2017, 04:56
Arw,wrong section. Was meant for FS 2002/2004 General Discussion :banghead::banghead:

Sorry . . . . .

hertzie
February 17th, 2017, 09:33
Hey Jesper,

If you send me a PM with your adress, I will send you a working copy on a USB-stick by mail. FS9 works ok on MY WinX.

Regards,

hertzie.

Tom Clayton
February 17th, 2017, 17:49
Arw,wrong section. Was meant for FS 2002/2004 General Discussion :banghead::banghead:

Sorry . . . . .

Moved... And then a few more characters thrown in so that the board won't say my post is too short...

Motormouse
February 18th, 2017, 02:54
Lately I have considered to give FS2004 a go. Either by somehow 'fixing' disk 4 or by purchasing FS2004 as used from someone, if still possible

And I thought I'd go here and see if the old girl is still alive and kicking. And I believe that the conclusion must be: Yes (That's truly amazing :-)

However, I also see that with WIN10 on my rig, the plan may be grounded thoroughly and for good :-(

Take care

J

Not necessarily so, plenty of help in the tweeks and tips section at top of this forum.

Ttfn

Pete

Jesper
February 18th, 2017, 05:04
Moved... And then a few more characters thrown in so that the board won't say my post...

Jesper
February 18th, 2017, 05:12
Not necessarily so, plenty of help in the tweeks and tips section at top of this forum.

Ttfn

Pete

I'll start roaming the help section. Need a lot of updating in general. I am really rusty

Willy
February 18th, 2017, 06:12
On my Win 10 system, FS9 & GW3 were both kind of "cranky" in the beginning. FSX SE has always worked great on it, so I just never got around to trying to sort it out on my own. However, they're all working fine now. Must have been some Win 10 updates along the way that changed something that allowed the older ones to work better.

Jesper
February 21st, 2017, 22:13
. . . . . . However, they're all working fine now. Must have been some Win 10 updates along the way that changed something that allowed the older ones to work better.

Sounds reassuring :mixed-smiley-010: