PDA

View Full Version : No FSAddon Support for awhile

Francois
February 4th, 2017, 00:50
Dear all, I am really sorry to report that for the time being MY support and other FSAddon activities will be on a very low level.

Our house and home here in Italy got arson-ed and we cannot live in it for the time being. All the shenanigans with insurance and such is taking up all our time, whilst we are camping out with some Italian friends.

My office is not usable and I only have limited data 'in the cloud' (yeah, I'm old-fashioned). Everything is backed up, but until the house is livable again and I can get my office up and running, there is not much I can do with the backups.

This is a major blow to us, after having worked hard the past three years to get the house restructured and prepared for our definite move here, all paid from our small savings. I hope you can be patient until Nina and I have our life back on track and my systems back on-line.

Warmest regards,
Francois

Portia911
February 4th, 2017, 01:10
Sorry to read of your misfortune, Francois. Hope you can sort the insurance and rebuild your Italian house even better than it was!
Best wishes. :ernaehrung004:

mvg3d
February 4th, 2017, 01:16
Auguri e Buona Fortuna !!!
:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::enco uragement:

Stickshaker
February 4th, 2017, 02:18
I wish you all the best in these hard times, Francois!

scotth6
February 4th, 2017, 02:20
Very sorry to hear of your trouble Francois. Very best of luck to you for your rebuilding.

Cheers,

Scott

T Square
February 4th, 2017, 06:18
Francois

Are you still able to handle sales ? Only way we can help you out here stateside is with a little cash.

mikew
February 4th, 2017, 06:39
What T-Square said!

The FSAddon site still looks operational. Been thinking about the Lockheed and the Waco. Now'd be a good time to help out with a purchase. Prayers are with you Francois.

Mike

stovall
February 4th, 2017, 07:19
Arson, you mean someone set it on fire? Hope the bugger was caught and appropriately taken care of. Not sure how they do that in Italy but no doubt folks here could give some good ideas.

Sorry to hear about the troubles!!!

big-mike
February 4th, 2017, 08:18
Very sorry to hear about your troubles,Francois.
My best wishes to you and Nina.
Mike

Moses03
February 4th, 2017, 08:59
Very sorry to hear Francois. Hope you can get things sorted quickly.

Anneke
February 4th, 2017, 09:44
Sterkte Francois. Dit is heel slecht nieuws voor jullie. Veel sterkte samen.

Hartelijke groeten,
Anneke (en Rob)

Ian Warren
February 4th, 2017, 09:52
I really hate Convicts and Criminals ... many a choice few words I would use but personally prefer to bringing them to justice !

roger-wilco-66
February 4th, 2017, 11:07
Sorry to read that, Francois, and hope that things will be settled fast. This is awful and I hope they catch these misfits!

Best,
Mark

Francois
February 4th, 2017, 12:03
My sites (including webshop) are still on-line and active, no worries there. But I cannot guarantee fast support if anythings goes wrong (that's why I took Misty Fjords off-line for now, because the automatic serial key generation for that doesn't work).

Thanks for all your good wishes and moral support. (And yes, the fire was started deliberately, and no, police is not really interested in searching for whoever did it....... Italy... :-( )

Just heard that our insurance will only pay less than 50% of the cleaning and restructuring...... so hot dang ! :banghead:

Penzoil3
February 4th, 2017, 13:30
Going to website to buy something. Blessings and prayers.
Sue

Found two to buy. Wish I could afford more...

edakridge
February 4th, 2017, 14:33
Francois, I really din't need it, but to do my part I bought the Hudson. I hope that my little bit helps!

T Square
February 4th, 2017, 16:44
Downloading "Avro Anson" as I type. My wife is a little upset with me (I have already spent my allowance for this month). Oh Well !!!!!!!! I'll try to buy one or two a month until you are back home.

God Bless .

Sundog
February 4th, 2017, 16:54
Damn, horrible people. I hope you are able to get everything back to where it was soon, for your own sanity. May karma come around and deliver to the coward who did this to you tenfold the trouble. I'll definitely be picking up something at your store this weekend; it isn't much, but it's something positive. Take care of yourself.

jankees
February 4th, 2017, 22:33
ouch, that's bad news!
Veel succes met het weer op de rails krijgen!

Francois
February 4th, 2017, 23:32
Thank you everybody...... heart warming community !

AussieMan
February 5th, 2017, 01:24
Hoping things will get back to normal for you mate.

modelr
February 5th, 2017, 06:23
Hoping you and Nina can get things back to some normalcy, Francois. Downloading two aircraft packages I didn't have yet.

Traffic must be heavy, slow download speeds from normally pretty quick site.

Adrian Petford
February 5th, 2017, 07:29
Sorry to hear that, Francois. Hope you and Nina are back in your house soon and it ends up better than it was before.

Best wishes.

Daveroo
February 5th, 2017, 08:36
this is strange,i woke up this morning wondering how you and your family were doing Francois,i hope you can get things back to your liking soon.

gavinc
February 5th, 2017, 08:47
Francois,
Sorry to hear about your rotten experience.

Unfortunately there is little hope of the hooligans who did it getting caught unless they are caught red handed (so to speak) doing it again.

Oh well - there is always a silver lining - This gives me the perfect excuse to pick up a little Bobcat I have been wanting but couldn't really justify.

Ordered and paid for - will download in a little while, once the load eases up on your system.

Gavin

zswobbie1
February 5th, 2017, 09:51
Our thoughts are with you.
Just as you have been there for us, we are all here for you.

jpmouse
February 5th, 2017, 17:35
Hope your troubles get straightened out soon. Know that your flight sim community has you in its thoughts.

JPMouse

DennyA
February 5th, 2017, 19:23
That's so terrible, Francois. Hope thing come back together quickly for you and your family.

Francois
February 6th, 2017, 00:36
Many thanks all of you fine people! I'll do my best to solve any issues as best as I can..... and reply to emails at least once a day!

Hugs,
Francois

zswobbie1
February 6th, 2017, 01:27
Take your time. Your issues come first. We always here anyway.

MM
February 6th, 2017, 08:57
Best wishes to you two.
--M

Francois
February 8th, 2017, 05:54
Thanks everybody !!