PDA

View Full Version : Help Uploading

gp183601
January 29th, 2017, 12:30
Hi Folks,

I tried to find a 'support' PM for my query but in the absence of finding one I know someone on here will point me in the right direction!! I'm unsuccessfully trying to upload my latest version of HMS Ark Royal (R07).

When I submit my upload - after a while I get an 'Upload error - file is larger than maximum size permitted for this filetype'

I've double checked the size of the zip file (15Mb), and the size of the image I want associated with the upload (513Kb)

They both appear to be within the upload limits for the file type - so what am I missing?

:dizzy:

Cheers
Gaz

DaveB
January 29th, 2017, 12:35
Hello shippers:wavey:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the error might be caused by the picture you're trying to upload with it is too big.. not the file itself. Think I've seen similar happen a while back.

EDIT: Just had a look at the size of the shots JT added to his recent uploads and they're around 250x125.

EDIT#2.. Scrub that Gary. His full size shot is 1024x512 and the size is 120847bytes. It's this last bit that is important.. the overall size;)

ATB
DaveB:)

Butcherbird17
January 29th, 2017, 13:34
Just place the pic if any in the zip. I have had this problem to and putting the pic in the zip worked.

Joe

stovall
January 29th, 2017, 14:52
gp183601, you can check with Rami our library custodian about what may be wrong with the upload. As DaveB mentioned there is a format that must be followed. Read the directions carefully. Hope this helps.

Rami
January 29th, 2017, 15:45
Gp183601

It sounds to me like the size of the pic or the dimensions of the pic are too large. Try reducing one or both.