PDA

View Full Version : Alabeo GeeBee

gray eagle
January 17th, 2017, 12:22
I noticed that the canopy doesn't open, if fact, it looks like nothing opens using CTRL + E.

As least for me.......Just checking...

molyned
January 17th, 2017, 12:34
Well, usually Cntrl-E is used for a quick & dirty engine start. For opening the canopy / door it's usually Shift-E.
HTH
Cheers :encouragement:
Dave M(oly)

Bomber_12th
January 17th, 2017, 14:29
Hi GE,

With the Alabeo Gee Bee, the canopy can only be removed via a pop-up menu.

Press Shift+2, which will provide a window with three options, the last of which will allow you to remove the canopy. By doing it this way, Alabeo made it so that you cannot fly the aircraft with the canopy off, as that wouldn't be possible (at least not recommended) in the real aircraft anyway (the canopy assembly itself actually forms a rather significant amount of the rear upper fuselage).

gray eagle
January 17th, 2017, 16:14
My bad, I meant Shift + E.

Well, usually Cntrl-E is used for a quick & dirty engine start. For opening the canopy / door it's usually Shift-E.
HTH
Cheers :encouragement:
Dave M(oly)

gray eagle
January 17th, 2017, 16:15
Thanks John for the tip. I'll try that next time.

Hi GE,

With the Alabeo Gee Bee, the canopy can only be removed via a pop-up menu.

Press Shift+2, which will provide a window with three options, the last of which will allow you to remove the canopy. By doing it this way, Alabeo made it so that you cannot fly the aircraft with the canopy off, as that wouldn't be possible (at least not recommended) in the real aircraft anyway (the canopy assembly itself actually forms a rather significant amount of the rear upper fuselage).