PDA

View Full Version : Small mod for Dave Garwood's Hawker Hunters

Bjoern
December 18th, 2016, 12:05
Nothing too exciting, just a small upgrade for usability and immersion.

Cockpit sounds (switches)
Load/save gauge for the custom (input) variables used by some cockpit elements
The avionics switch is now tied to the battery switch
Optional fuel pump sound and viewpoint mod

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMcXhubDJPME5JSTA/view?usp=sharing

Are there any other mods for the Hunter that I'm not aware of?

If someone wants to return the favor: The VC canopy glass could do with less reflectivity. Might require MDLMat since changing the alphas of the texture does nothing.

Bjoern
December 20th, 2016, 04:41
Hey, thank for this Björn! You sure are a jolly good guy!

I know, right. You're very welcome and happy holidays!

(Bah.)

Daube
December 20th, 2016, 05:06
Hey, thank for this Björn! You sure are a jolly good guy!

:ernaehrung004:

No, I mean, seriously, thank you. I'll test the mod as soon as the Hunter gets reinstalled in my hangar.
I think I was also getting the strong reflection issue, but that was on the two-seater if I'm not mistaken... and I don't remember if it was before or after installing Bananabob's alternative envmap :/

Daube
December 20th, 2016, 10:22
Tonight I reinstalled the Hunter into my hangar, together with the mod made by Bjoern.
The small additions like the click sounds for buttons are quite a nice change, just like the removal of the fuel pump sound !
The new viewpoint seems a bit too far from the panel. When the canopy is opened, I can see the extremities at the same level as my head. But in the external view, the pilot head is well forward from the extremity of the opened canopy. However, since I have installed the mod right from the start, I couldn't compare with the original position. And anyways, it's ok like that :) (more forwards makes it a bit hard to read the panel, without a TrackIR or a VR headset...)
Thanks a lot, once again, Bjoern :ernaehrung004:

PS: on my install, the problem is not the reflections of the canopy (which are quite subtle actually), but more the fact that it's not transparent enough, it's a bit milky.

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0244.jpg

Bjoern
December 21st, 2016, 09:02
"Environment map" was a good hint.
I've used ModelConverterX to lower the reflection scale for the glass material to 0.1 and removed the environment map. No more "milkiness". Darkening the alpha channel of the VC glass texture to RGB 64,64,64 still gives the impression of glass while not blocking out too much ambient light.

Jafo
December 21st, 2016, 11:12
Didn't know of these planes until now....thanks, Bjoern ....;)

[Dave's model, I mean....not the real ones]

huub vink
December 23rd, 2016, 00:46
Thanks Bjoern! Perhaps a small mod, but it adds a lot.

Cheers,
Huub