PDA

View Full Version : confusion over which Carenado Skymaster to buy

ian elliot
December 18th, 2016, 11:51
Im intrested in military 0-2 version's, Flightsim pilot shop has two versions on sale, a C337 HD version at around $17 and a 337 package for around $5, if the $5 is the package to go for, accepting O-2 repaints, at that price, i'll jump all over it, but im wondering what the difference between the 2 package's is.

cheers ian

thefrog
December 18th, 2016, 11:56
The cheap one is for FS2004, but you probably knew that!

thunder100
December 18th, 2016, 11:58
Im intrested in military 0-2 version's, Flightsim pilot shop has two versions on sale, a C337 HD version at around $17 and a 337 package for around $5, if the $5 is the package to go for, accepting O-2 repaints, at that price, i'll jump all over it, but im wondering what the difference between the 2 package's is.

cheers ian

I think quite sure that O-2 is FSD not Carenado and WAY older

ian elliot
December 18th, 2016, 12:10
The cheap one is for FS2004, but you probably knew that!

it works in FSX apparently if the advertising is to be believed, and is link'ed in FSX repaints in Flightsim and Avsim,

cheers ian

DaveB
December 18th, 2016, 13:04
All the benefits you get with an FSX native model you will get with the FSX Skymaster. I've no doubt the FS9 version will work.. just depends if you want a Skymaster or the best Skymaster. It's worth the sale price.. even at $12 more than the FS9 version;)

ATB
DaveB:)

WarHorse47
December 18th, 2016, 14:25
I have both the FSD and the Carenado Skymaster for FSX.

The FSD version is the only one with an O-2A model including weapons, glass panel doors, etc. Unfortunately, it is an FS9 port-over and as I recall had some texture issues.

Carenado makes a much nicer model and there are a couple O-2 skins out there, but it lacks an armament, etc.

Stefano Zibell
December 18th, 2016, 16:06
I bought the carenado fs9 version (could not resist the price), and everything works brilliant, except the gps screen is black. You can see the gauge is working as there's a slight peek at it at the very borders of the screen.

Anybody knows how to fix that?

I think maybe bringing the gauge position a little bit forward might work...

Or maybe a texture fix.