PDA

View Full Version : DG Hunter, texture blurring question

ian elliot
February 7th, 2009, 14:08
Im trying to figure why one of my favorite plane's in FS9 does this, i did find some textures by Peter McLeland over at the CBFS forum that works fine but all my others don't, in a post, Peter indicated that he'd solved the prob by converting the textures to DXT3 format with DXTbmp, but ive had ago myself and i keep getting the same prob, is anyone else having these issues and mybe a cure.
cheers ian

dogknot
February 7th, 2009, 17:14
Im trying to figure why one of my favorite plane's in FS9 does this, i did find some textures by Peter McLeland over at the CBFS forum that works fine but all my others don't, in a post, Peter indicated that he'd solved the prob by converting the textures to DXT3 format with DXTbmp, but ive had ago myself and i keep getting the same prob, is anyone else having these issues and mybe a cure.
cheers ian

Mip-Maps

When converting with DXTbmp to dxt3 bmp's, be sure to use no mip-maps (deselect the use mip-maps).

That is usually the blurring problem. Hope it helps.

ian elliot
February 7th, 2009, 22:25
thanks Dog1. i'll give it ago
cheers ian

Motormouse
February 8th, 2009, 01:51
to save time,and instead of using using dxtbmp,(a very good utility in its' own right);
if you do a forum search here you'll find a batch file that can be used with microsofts' own 'imagetool'
that will allow you to convert multiple textures/folders in one go

ttfn

Pete

ian elliot
February 8th, 2009, 14:08
Thanks guys, but i found a tutorial by Peter McLeland while searching over at the CBFS site, using image tool. the out side and panel textures need converting to DXT3 with no mips and the others need mip-mapping and saving as DXT1. reduces the texture size's down a little and runs really smooth with no blurring.:applause:
thanks for the input, cheers ian