PDA

View Full Version : Milviz Huey Redux Released!

ceo1944
October 30th, 2016, 21:25
The Huey is available now at http://www.milviz.com - and is on sale (for a limited time) for direct purchasers!

This is a complete rebuild from the ground up of the original 2009 Milviz/ND version. Models and textures updated to modern standards. All new and authentic systems, flight dynamics, sound, and the C model is tacpack ready with 7.62 miniguns and 7.25 rockets.

Here's a video (I had posted this link earlier with the head's up post): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su0wlMvpvZ4

You can hear the realistic sound set and see some of the features...accurate auto-rotation and VRS, weapons, and more.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Thanks!
Dutch

YoYo
October 30th, 2016, 22:12
Good job Dutch! CRG.

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/MVUH-1C48_axxpnwn.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/MVUH-1C44_axxpnsx.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/MVUH-1H63_axxpnws.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/MVUH-1H61_axxpnwq.jpg

YoYo
October 30th, 2016, 22:56
Btw. I always like this movie:

http://youtu.be/ETHwP1u2fPo

I used in this addon (Nam'68) old MV/ND model but the new will work also.
I saw refreshed missions for P3D too.

Penzoil3
October 31st, 2016, 00:35
Be nice if those of us who bought the Milviz/Nemeth Huey got a discount on the redux.
Sue

jeansy
October 31st, 2016, 02:15
http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/monthly_2016_10/2016-10-31_19-34-55-704.thumb.png.dc07073633756dd3acc454528a60c815.png

DaveB
October 31st, 2016, 03:01
Matt..

Is that one of your old paints on the new model or a new paint? Wondering if the old paints will fit:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

jeansy
October 31st, 2016, 03:12
No dave its a new one I did last month for the release package

old paints for the H will fit however the paint cfg and texture names will have to be changed to suit new model and the C paints require modification as its different modeling

DaveB
October 31st, 2016, 03:29
Thanks for that mate:encouragement:

ATB

SSI01
October 31st, 2016, 04:33
Be nice if those of us who bought the Milviz/Nemeth Huey got a discount on the redux.
Sue

Hear, hear!

joe bob
October 31st, 2016, 11:48
Does this use the same start programming as their MD-530?

StormILM
October 31st, 2016, 12:05

IMO, it's more refined, very straightforward/painless.

Dimus
November 1st, 2016, 00:38
Ready to fly option is also included for those not liking start procedures, but also C&D for those who do. I must say that the most I enjoy with this one are the autorotations. Lots of fun when they are not real ones...

I will be making some Greek repaints soon.

YoYo
November 1st, 2016, 01:06
Sue

From his FB:
" There's an upgrade path for those who bought the old one direct from us. For others, sorry but there's no way for us to prove you did buy it and keep it legal. Sorry."

DaveB
November 1st, 2016, 05:46
It's a shame but that counts me out. I can't afford to throw $49.99 at another version of the same Huey model I already own. Don't want to be derogatory about the screenshots but it 'looks' little different to the ND/MV release and that's a lot of money for a more refined flight model with TacPack.

I can, however, wait until it eventually appears in a sale. Wonder if I'll be tempted though..
ATB

ceo1944
November 1st, 2016, 05:47
No, the start procedure on this Huey is precisely the authentic start procedure used in every single-engine Huey in the world. Nothing to do with the 530 or any other Helicopter, except by coincidence.

There's an option so that you can come into it 'ready to fly' but if that's not checked, you do it the way it's really done.

speedy70
November 1st, 2016, 06:05
All this new stuff from Milviz but no news on the looong awaited Beaver!!!!

Cheers chris

spatialpro
November 1st, 2016, 13:09
and is on sale (for a limited time) for direct purchasers!

I just took a look and it is listed as $49.99 USD with no mention of a sale. Did I miss it?

DaveB
November 1st, 2016, 13:35
If you did, I did too. I even added to basket earlier to see if the basket price was reduced but it remained at $49.99. Looks like this IS the sale price:dizzy:

ATB

falcon409
November 1st, 2016, 17:56
If you did, I did too. I even added to basket earlier to see if the basket price was reduced but it remained at $49.99. Looks like this IS the sale price:dizzy:
ATB
Yea, for that I stayed with my original. I tend to simply fly Heli's and not wring them out. The original is just fine for my taste.

StormILM
November 1st, 2016, 19:39
Video of me having fun with the new Huey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Mqh8OJLKk

snow_white
November 3rd, 2016, 07:41
Video of me having fun with the new Huey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Mqh8OJLKk

Geesh what is going on with the rotor animations. from 1:50 onwards.. that looks pretty disfunctional

obviously a new chapter in excellence.

edit -
searched more to see if it is stormILM's computer related, but so far it seems to be heli related
Even in this other video the rotor animation can be seen as dreadful. look at 10:50 on-wards it quickly show external shot also.
there is no way it deserve as $49 price tag. Flight dynamics might have been improved, but I have seen freeware rotor animation being done wayyyy better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQpwfdW64c

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQpwfdW64c)
even here it look like having the hickups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSbEHu_OScQ

ceo1944
November 3rd, 2016, 09:25
I see that. We'll get the rotor animation looked at post- haste. Thanks for reporting that.

Dutch

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 3rd, 2016, 09:41
After having seen the video’s in Snow Whites less than spotless assessment of the animations I noted that in any and all instances the screen seems to freeze , road traffic and all background stops being updated , this look like “ Stutter “ and is not an animation issue with the Heli .

Milviz has always offered clients their moneys worth or their money back , if you personally see this in game you have an issue and good reason to complain but as its a video artefact and framerate related I cant see the issue here testing this , one of the Vids was the Bell 407 and not even the Huey .

Best CJ

StormILM
November 3rd, 2016, 10:31
Somewhere during the video recording/processing, the rotor animation ending up looking far different from what it normally does (very smooth and normal) in the Sim on my PC. IMO there's nothing serious amiss with the rotor animation but perhaps there's an issue when recording/playback? I have seen this issue with other models when trying to record and I'm not completely sure if its an issue with certain model's and their animations having a glitch/conflict with the recording/processing software or not while other models record/playback just fine.

(Edit) I just flew the Huey again without any other software running an no stutters, no issues with the rotor animation. I also ran FSX without shutting down programs/processes which I normally do to ensure more smoothness/less stutters. Even with extra processes running, rotor animation and general fluidity was excellent with the Huey. I need to test/research why the issue occurred and hopefully isolate it.

ceo1944
November 3rd, 2016, 11:39
Thank you Storm. After looking carefully at this, we don't believe there is anything wrong with the rotor animation in the model.

Somewhere during the video recording/processing, the rotor animation ending up looking far different from what it normally does (very smooth and normal) in the Sim on my PC. IMO there's nothing serious amiss with the rotor animation but perhaps there's an issue when recording/playback? I have seen this issue with other models when trying to record and I'm not completely sure if its an issue with certain model's and their animations having a glitch/conflict with the recording/processing software or not while other models record/playback just fine.

(Edit) I just flew the Huey again without any other software running an no stutters, no issues with the rotor animation. I also ran FSX without shutting down programs/processes which I normally do to ensure more smoothness/less stutters. Even with extra processes running, rotor animation and general fluidity was excellent with the Huey. I need to test/research why the issue occurred and hopefully isolate it.

speedy70
November 3rd, 2016, 16:37
So you are not going to reply about the eagerly awaitd Beaver then!!!!!!

Cheers Chris

henrystreet
November 3rd, 2016, 18:18
So you are not going to reply about the eagerly awaitd Beaver then!!!!!!

Cheers Chris

See their Facebook page for a full list of updates. 20 projects status in one post.

jeansy
November 3rd, 2016, 19:02
See their Facebook page for a full list of updates. 20 projects status in one post.

What H said or visit the developer's forums where they make their official statements instead of hoping for 3rd party community forum to inform you on updates

snow_white
November 4th, 2016, 10:28
Thank you Storm. After looking carefully at this, we don't believe there is anything wrong with the rotor animation in the model.

But there are 3 different people's videos and all of them show the bad rotor animation. So all 3 different persons computers are the reason for the stutters. Ahh I see but I don't understand.

So why not post a video from your own computer with a number of external shots of 10 seconds and longer and if there is no stuttering I will buy, but I am pretty sure that will show up even in a video you or chuck make

So please convince me it is people's computers that is not up to scratch to handle animations and not a model problem.

It really does not have to be edited. Just a quick video to show animation is 100%

JensOle
November 4th, 2016, 11:29
You need to keep in mind that stuff looks very different in FS than on a captured film from FS. A great bunch of factors which can make animations looks awful. FSX is designed for sim flying and not to look good in a video captured by a 3rd party program..

falcon409
November 4th, 2016, 11:54
I have the original Huey and just did a quick video test using Microsoft Expressions/Encoder. Rotation in the Sim was smooth, very easy to see that there was nothing out of the ordinary as far as hesitations, stutters or anything that resulted in a less than normal rotor animation. I ran a 20sec video, encoded it for normal default video viewing and the result was very similar to the video that SW has a problem with. The rotor animation showed the same effect as that seen in the offending video by Storm. Granted I don't have the redux version, but the fact that the recording process had a very similar effect on what was a very normal appearing animation seems to lend credence to the fact that it is very probably just something in the video recording process.

StormILM
November 4th, 2016, 12:46
Just to clarify, I use FRAPS and record direct during the flight and do not use FSX replay (or any other method) to feed the recording loop. Also, my FRAPS settings are for 60FPS, Loop Buffer Length: 30 Seconds and Split movie every 4 GB. I have my suspicions that there's an issue with the settings which is causing the issue and it seems to have been made a bit worse during my editing of the raw video files. I'm still researching what the culprit is behind the issue but in my regular flights, everything with the Huey looks fine.

speedy70
November 4th, 2016, 14:57
What H said or visit the developer's forums where they make their official statements instead of hoping for 3rd party community forum to inform you on updates

Jeansy.

I thank you for your advice over the Milviz Beaver,however at the age of 78, I do not have facebook, social media does not figure large with a single ex serviceman of my age.
I have indeed been on the website, but the beaver does not even show as one of their products,and the last question on the forum was" is the beaver in beta yet" and that never received a reply,so I gave up.
As milviz has announced their Redux Huey here on SOH I was hoping for a reply to my query.I thought a forum was a group of like thinking people trying to help one another.I was obviously wrong.
Cheers Chris

henrystreet
November 4th, 2016, 15:40

Jeansy.

I thank you for your advice over the Milviz Beaver,however at the age of 78, I do not have facebook, social media does not figure large with a single ex serviceman of my age.
I have indeed been on the website, but the beaver does not even show as one of their products,and the last question on the forum was" is the beaver in beta yet" and that never received a reply,so I gave up.
As milviz has announced their Redux Huey here on SOH I was hoping for a reply to my query.I thought a forum was a group of like thinking people trying to help one another.I was obviously wrong.
Cheers Chris

I have a real love/hate relationship with Facebook. Therefore I only do aviation and sim related posts, shares, and friends. No politics or even family drama. Lots of good uses for Facebook. My 87 year old mother-in-law uses it to keep up with family.

snow_white
November 5th, 2016, 07:03
Just to clarify, I use FRAPS and record direct during the flight and do not use FSX replay (or any other method) to feed the recording loop. Also, my FRAPS settings are for 60FPS, Loop Buffer Length: 30 Seconds and Split movie every 4 GB. I have my suspicions that there's an issue with the settings which is causing the issue and it seems to have been made a bit worse during my editing of the raw video files. I'm still researching what the culprit is behind the issue but in my regular flights, everything with the Huey looks fine.

All good, but why does other helicopter's videos then not show these terrible stutters. I can only presume that the redux version is not that frame rate friendly then. Still for me it is funny that other people's videos also show stuttering of rotor animation badly. So I am not dishing your video, equipment or methods for creating videos, but it seem consistent over many other peoples videos, surely not all making the same video recording error.

Still would like to buy this, but I am so in two minds.

snow_white
November 5th, 2016, 07:08

Jeansy.

Cheers Chris

Dont feel alone. I am youngster compared to your age and I also do not use facebook. Some of us just are not into the social media thing.
and I will never be forced to create facebook account just to get news from developers. There are enough other places to get news and updates, and yes you are correct this is supposed to be a gathering place of like minded people and any question can be asked and people need to be considerate to think before answering.

stovall
November 5th, 2016, 08:52
Here is the Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the Navy Rescue Trainer.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Sitka%20Huey_zpspzi0txho.jpg

The Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the SAR NAS Fallon

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/NAS%20Fallon%20Huey_zpsaxhqwcjo.jpg (http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/NAS%20Fallon%20Huey_zpsaxhqwcjo.jpg)

n4gix
November 5th, 2016, 09:16
...I will never be forced to create facebook account just to get news from developers.
You don't need a Facebook account "...to get news from developers." :untroubled:

doublecool
November 5th, 2016, 09:24
anyone have the GTN 750 in the VC...?
A screen shot would be nice also Please:wavey:

StormILM
November 5th, 2016, 15:30
All good, but why does other helicopter's videos then not show these terrible stutters. I can only presume that the redux version is not that frame rate friendly then. Still for me it is funny that other people's videos also show stuttering of rotor animation badly. So I am not dishing your video, equipment or methods for creating videos, but it seem consistent over many other peoples videos, surely not all making the same video recording error.

Still would like to buy this, but I am so in two minds.

Again, the issue seems to be related to the use of recording & editing software. For me the model runs super smooth in sim and I get a solid locked 32 FPS with no issues or stuttering. Believe me when I say this, the issue with recording stutters is being looked into and will hopefully be isolated and solved in due time.

falcon409
November 5th, 2016, 15:42
Again, the issue seems to be related to the use of recording & editing software. For me the model runs super smooth in sim and I get a solid locked 32 FPS with no issues or stuttering. Believe me when I say this, the issue with recording stutters is being looked into and will hopefully be isolated and solved in due time.
Exactly, don't you think SW that if the animation looked as bad in the Sim as it did in some of the videos, that people would be screaming about it here? What it looks like in someones video shouldn't even be an issue. I believe the developers or those directly involved in this venture have stated that it looks very normal in the Sim. It's your choice to buy or not of course. . .it's your money, but if it doesn't suit you, get a refund.

StormILM
November 6th, 2016, 01:51
I made (and soon after deleted) an extensive post explaining that it seems the culprit of the rotor animation jumping issue emanated from MS Movie Maker editing as both the raw and compressed FRAPS video clips are clean of the animation jumping issue. However, when I uploaded one of the compressed video file segments to Youtube to show the difference between the original upload (which the later was edited in MS Movie Maker), after about 3 or 4 plays of the video, the same issue appeared again after undergoing Youtube's upload process. I'm stumped! I have a feeling that there's something with both the MS Movie Maker and Youtube that doesn't like some variations of animated 3D software.

I can assure that the sim experience with the Huey is fine but I'm at a loss on what's causing the issue in processed/edited video files.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 6th, 2016, 05:39
Looking at rendered animations on a video card and video as much the same thing on screen helps to visualize what's going on behind the scene, a series of still images are run in succession at a given rate of speed .

In order to compress a video the rate of speed is also reduced and is no longer running the same sequence at its original speed , IE if recorded at 25 fps and compressed to 18 there will be artefacts in the rendering where the compressed file is going to jump over a frame or two and create a situation where the image sequence lines up the rendered elements and you see a static image of the moving part.

The Beaver is having its sound set completed this week , the FDE was delivered and the cockpit is animated and all working , Night lighting and additional radio options are next , it should see Beta testing begin by months end .

Best CJ

speedy70
November 6th, 2016, 07:32
Great news.Thank you.

Cheers Chris

henrystreet
November 7th, 2016, 07:04
Here is the Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the Navy Rescue Trainer.

The Milviz Huey Redux in the colors of the SAR NAS Fallon

Now you got my attention.

stovall
November 9th, 2016, 15:21
The Milviz UH-1H Huey in the colors of the California Department of Forestry's Cal Fire.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey_zpsupk41llj.jpg

(http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey_zpsupk41llj.jpg)http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey2_zpshhlyi7vq.jpg (http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey2_zpshhlyi7vq.jpg)

StormILM
November 9th, 2016, 15:27
Beautiful work Tom!

BrittMac
November 9th, 2016, 18:03
So....did anyone figure out if the $50 thing was the "intro" sale price or if that was just set up on the website as what it is?

Reason I ask is because some people will buy it now, rather than later. (including me and at least one buddy I fly with, if the $50 thing is not the sale price).

I am trying to get my helo buddies to fly something other than the 530 or 407. But, if I can give clarification, they may bite on the Huey.

ColinT46
November 11th, 2016, 10:37
Hi Tom,
Are there any download links to those 2 paints ?

Colin

Dimus
November 11th, 2016, 13:44
WIP Hellenic Army Paints:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus122/2016-11-12_0-35-12-516_zpsv13dnttt.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus122/2016-11-12_0-35-12-516_zpsv13dnttt.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus123/2016-11-12_0-34-28-962_zpsffkknaay.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus123/2016-11-12_0-34-28-962_zpsffkknaay.jpg.html)

The second is from the Bosnia detachment in the 90's. The rotors and details need to be done and maybe also the shine reduced. I will also do a Hellenic Air Force SAR version.

Dimus
November 12th, 2016, 14:08
Finally figured out the spec map and the location of the rotor textures. The Army ones are ready, nice and drab:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus124/2016-11-13_0-55-7-583_zpsfk3p68zr.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus124/2016-11-13_0-55-7-583_zpsfk3p68zr.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus124/2016-11-13_0-54-25-635_zpsptxs40we.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus124/2016-11-13_0-54-25-635_zpsptxs40we.jpg.html)

The HAF SAR version is next.

JensOle
November 13th, 2016, 01:33
WIP Hellenic Army Paints:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus123/2016-11-12_0-34-28-962_zpsffkknaay.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus123/2016-11-12_0-34-28-962_zpsffkknaay.jpg.html)

The second is from the Bosnia detachment in the 90's. The rotors and details need to be done and maybe also the shine reduced. I will also do a Hellenic Air Force SAR version.

Nice! Probably Kosovo and not Bosnia judging from the KFOR little on the door and probably after 2000 (NATO entered Kosovo in the summer of 1999). The NATO forces in Bosnia used first the IFOR and later SFOR acronym.

Been there got the T-shirt :-)

Dimus
November 13th, 2016, 03:45
You're right Jens. It's Kosovo and the Hueys were mobilized in 2003. Thanks for that!

JensOle
November 13th, 2016, 07:26
I had a nice trip down to Thessaloniki when I was there :-)

stovall
November 14th, 2016, 15:09
Just uploaded three repaints of the Milviz UH-1H Huey Redux in the colors of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Navy NAS Fallon and CalFire

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/US%20Navy%20Huey_zpsttgvlc5m.jpg (http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/US%20Navy%20Huey_zpsttgvlc5m.jpg)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/US%20Navy%20Fallon%20Huey_zpsskgmnaex.jpg (http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/US%20Navy%20Fallon%20Huey_zpsskgmnaex.jpg)

stovall
November 14th, 2016, 15:17
One more picture I was unable to put in the previous post. This is the CalFire Milviz Huey Redux helicopter.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Cal%20Fire%20Huey_zpsmce9jisd.jpg (http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Cal%20Fire%20Huey_zpsmce9jisd.jpg)

Dimus
November 16th, 2016, 13:39
Great looking paints Tom!

Meanwhile, I'm almost ready with the basic painting of the Hellenic Air Force SAR version (now replaced by Super Pumas, but still serving when I was serving). I need to work on details and some dirt touchups.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-28-504_zpswuhsiqz2.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-28-504_zpswuhsiqz2.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-54-939_zps56fyftew.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-54-939_zps56fyftew.jpg.html)

ZsoltB
November 16th, 2016, 20:14
Great looking paints Tom!

Meanwhile, I'm almost ready with the basic painting of the Hellenic Air Force SAR version (now replaced by Super Pumas, but still serving when I was serving). I need to work on details and some dirt touchups.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-28-504_zpswuhsiqz2.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-28-504_zpswuhsiqz2.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-54-939_zps56fyftew.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus125/2016-11-17_0-22-54-939_zps56fyftew.jpg.html)

Great work!

Dimus
November 17th, 2016, 14:04
Thanks Zsolt!

I finally managed to locate all those little spots like antennae, light housings etc that needed painting and also added a light layer of dirt, as the HAF kept them quite clean. Finally I added a black panel. There are many differences with the AB205 SAR version both externally and internally (hoist, flotation bags, wire cutters, antennae, engine area gills etc.) but this is the best Huey there is...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus126/2016-11-18_0-34-52-633_zpsqinmiryp.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus126/2016-11-18_0-34-52-633_zpsqinmiryp.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus126/2016-11-18_0-35-7-208_zpscsgrvm59.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus126/2016-11-18_0-35-7-208_zpscsgrvm59.jpg.html)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus126/2016-11-18_0-37-19-174_zpskbrjfkuf.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus126/2016-11-18_0-37-19-174_zpskbrjfkuf.jpg.html)

I'll do some final checks before packing up and uploading, probably tomorrow.

Check out this dancing act at Elefsis, with the VIP 212 in 2008 (photo by Dinos Krassas):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44598&stc=1

jeansy
November 18th, 2016, 03:27
For the huey redux

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/11/18/2016-11-18_21-50-29-965.png

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/11/18/2016-11-18_21-49-45-783.png

Dimus
November 18th, 2016, 12:39
The Greek paints have been uploaded to the library as a pack.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/VDimus127/PICTURE_zpsmyth1rsn.jpg~original (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/VDimus/media/VDimus127/PICTURE_zpsmyth1rsn.jpg.html)

doublecool
November 19th, 2016, 01:27
Fantastic paints gentlemen... and ya have to love that teethy easyrider

this was a Air America done for Areosofts Huey... would love to see something like her on the Milviz one

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44630&stc=1

JensOle
November 19th, 2016, 02:23
Is there a clean c model included in the pack?

ZsoltB
November 19th, 2016, 02:24
Is there a clean c model included in the pack?

Yes! C/H

Zsolt

Dimus
November 19th, 2016, 10:19
The weapons are selectable Jens. You can configure stuff like weapons, doors on or off, hoist and crew members at various locations.

rdaniell
November 19th, 2016, 10:29
The Greek paints have been uploaded to the library as a pack.

Great looking repaints Dimus!:applause:

Victory103
November 20th, 2016, 16:52
Great job Matt, one of my favs, love teeth!

roger-wilco-66
November 20th, 2016, 23:16
That Air America repaint would be great. Note, from pictures I have gathered, there seemd to be a few variants. The older paint schemes were blue and white, on some later model Hueys later in the confict they seemed to have omitted the white paint and left the former white part in a natural aluminum finish. Like the PC6 Turbo porter. I think we will have to wait until the new paint kit comes out to make use of the spec maps.

Some images I have collected of AA Hueys are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6gndqiq6hfkvbzu/AAAmaN18ddmUvLb7pQSO5lFja?dl=0

Cheers,
Mark

PhantomTweak
November 21st, 2016, 11:29
Great looking paints for that old workhorse of a chopper!
When I was at Yuma with VMFAT-401, I was working on a Kfir next to the taxiway leading from our flightline, as well as the SAR hangar, when I heard the SAR chopper fire up. A Huey that had been at Yuma, seemingly forever. They got going, lifted, and came down the Taxiway towords the runway. Apparently, and we discovered later the story, this was a for-real rescue mission. Anyway, instead of a nice, sedate, hover-taxi to the runway for take-off, he gave it the gun as soon as he lifted, and came down the taxiway at many knots per, nose way low, the blades looking like they were only a couple feet off the concrete. Right towords ME! Scared the heck outta me. I thought for sure I was going to get a blade tip in the neck. I jumped off the wing I was working up on, and rolled under the bird as fast as I could. The SAR bird roared by, turned onto the runway, and started climbing, still going full bore.
I just laid there and shook for a while. We found out the story later. Nasty bit of business. F/A-18 with VMFA-333 ran his wingtip through his wingy's canopy, and took his head off...
ANYWAY. The whole point is, I got a real good look at the bottom of the SAR bird as it went by, and I noticed something you seem to have left off your two Navy SAR birds. Apparently, and once I thought about it, I seem to recall all the Navy birds of that era had it, on the bottom of the bird were big, block letters saying ABANDON CHUTE. A gentle reminder to pilots in the water they were going after, I guess :semi-twins:
I didn't see that on you repaints, so I thought I might say something. Other than that, they look really good. Especially the faded paint on the ol' reliable SAR birds.
Keep em coming :D
Pat☺

Victory103
November 21st, 2016, 16:07
PhantomTweak, you are correct, station SAR birds like the Yuma or Fallon HH-1N's would have that on the belly. The repaint depicts training squadron (HT) colors for B/C models that were used prior to the JetRanger (TH-57) coming along.

doublecool
December 3rd, 2016, 03:12
For the huey redux

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/11/18/2016-11-18_21-50-29-965.png

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/11/18/2016-11-18_21-49-45-783.png

Have been checking OZx site daily for this one Jeansy... I hope "Easy Rider" is still going to be avilable :ernaehrung004:

jeansy
December 15th, 2016, 21:23
Im Sorry another paint I forgot about

download link> http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5917-milviz-uh1c-174ahc-easy-rider/

doublecool
December 18th, 2016, 05:22
Oh ya... a favorite for me :wavey:

Thank you jeansy for this one :ernaehrung004:

DC

JensOle
December 26th, 2016, 02:44
Hi,

i finally got it as a xmas present to myself :-) really a superb model. Has there been released a paintkit? I cannot find one.

jeansy
December 26th, 2016, 03:59
Hi,

i finally got it as a xmas present to myself :-) really a superb model. Has there been released a paintkit? I cannot find one.

no there hasnt been a paintkit release for the new version

JensOle
December 26th, 2016, 07:07
Found the old paintkit to the Nemeth release and it works without problems.

This is a premium model and I was very amazed to see the choice of crew figures.. The pilot itself looks ok, but the co-pilot and soldiers back in the rear carry modern equipment (5.11 MOLLE plate carrier with a M9 Berretta side arm and chemlights all over the chest) None of these items were in service during the Vietnam war (chemlights were not "invented" before the mid 70's) and the Berreta did not enter US service before 1990! For a package with textures which are from the Vietnam time period, this is sort of a big deal for me when you look at the model.

JensOle
December 27th, 2016, 03:42
I have been reading about the US Navy naval special warfare helicopter squadrons and there are a lot of interesting history with the lineage from Helicopter Attack (light) Squadron 3 in Vietnam and its descendants. When reading about HCS-4 and 5 I was a bit amazed to find out that both units when they were called HA(L)-4/5 probably were the last units in the US military to fly the short cabin Bell UH-1 into 1990 as gunships (possible NG units flying the UH-1M at this time, but not in an active role to my knowledge).

Both units were activated in 1976/77 after the US Navy first had disbanded HA(L)-3 of Vietnam fame just a few years earlier and used the Navy specific HH-1K Huey (Charlie with more power and different avionics.
Albeit officially reserve units they had a rather active role supporting the SEALS and other units worldwide. Even cold Norway was visited by HA(L)-4 in 1989 for the NATO “Cold winter” exercise (most likely supporting SEAL teams out of Evenes).

The HH-1K’s got a new matt dark green paint scheme and had low visible black decals all over (some typical navy decals as the “jet intake” warning and rescue arrow on the door), even the rotors were painted matt. They had the full M21 armament system with both LAU-68 pods and miniguns+ flexible M60s. Pictures shows that fast-roping was done from the hoist, even with the full M21 kit. The Milviz C-model fits the HH-1K very well, really only the door guns which are missing.

HH-1K, 157194 “207” of HA(L)-4, 1989.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/USA/Scrshot019.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/USA/Scrshot006.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/USA/Scrshot003.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/USA/Scrshot008.jpg~original

tankerguy72
April 24th, 2017, 19:31
The Milviz UH-1H Huey in the colors of the California Department of Forestry's Cal Fire.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey_zpsupk41llj.jpg

(http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey_zpsupk41llj.jpg)http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey2_zpshhlyi7vq.jpg (http://http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/CDF%20Huey2_zpshhlyi7vq.jpg)

Stovall was this paint ever released? Just picked up this fine helicopter

stovall
April 25th, 2017, 06:50
tankerguy72, you can download HERE!!!! (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&keys=1&keyword=milviz_calfire) Enjoy.

tankerguy72
April 25th, 2017, 07:05
Perfect thank you!

xpelekis
May 14th, 2017, 06:10
@ Dimus : Do you think a Hellenic Navy repaint would be viable (AB 205 Navy) also ?...

This is a Knox class frigate (from SOH library) and not a Standard frigate like F-461 is, but there are many similarities.

Hoist cable works fine with the Huey and is really hard to use it properly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFBzmU0tPA

Dimus
May 14th, 2017, 06:25
Nice video and action there xpelekis! The actual hoist is different in the HAF SAR 205s but anyway, if it works. :encouragement:

I'm afraid that the Hellenic Navy birds are twin engined 212s so a lot of differences from the 205. I don't think I'll venture a repaint.

tomafoo
September 2nd, 2017, 06:08
Did someone make an Air America repaint?

gray eagle
September 2nd, 2017, 06:50
Have to ask, which dev has the better version of the Huey, Neimeth or Milviz?
I see Neimeth makes one. but looks to be for just FSX. I use P3d V 3.4

jeansy
September 2nd, 2017, 08:09
Nemeth and milivz made the original huey in a partnership, when nemeth folded in 2014, milviz bought back complete ownership

the first one was designed and model by milviz then nemeth did the fde, and is somewhat basic,

the redux version is a complete overhaul of the huey

Dimus
September 2nd, 2017, 10:42
May I add that it is also TacPacked and can fire rockets and miniguns.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 3rd, 2017, 05:54
This Package was recently updated to support P3Dv4 and there were a couple of items from the MV support forum that were rectified at the same time.

Best CJ