PDA

View Full Version : JF Hunter F.6 / FGA.9 preview

YoYo
October 28th, 2016, 09:50
Did You see this? JF (Im sure its AH) announces Hunter F.6 / FGA.9

http://dxhb0it26is40.cloudfront.net/productimages/hunter-f6-fga9_1_ss_l_161028100334.jpg

​http://justflight.com/product/hunter-f6-fga9

Mach3DS
October 28th, 2016, 09:55
YES!!! It's no wonder AH didn't answer my question on FB or here in the Javelin thread...hehe...I will 100% be in on this one. If it's not Tacpack ready I will add it myself...There's no way I'm not going to be using this in MP missions....:icon31:

YoYo
October 28th, 2016, 10:02
YES!!! It's no wonder AH didn't answer my question on FB or here in the Javelin thread...hehe...I will 100% be in on this one. If it's not Tacpack ready I will add it myself...There's no way I'm not going to be using this in MP missions....:icon31:

Agree, I dont know why they don't like TacPack functionality ;).
VRS has very nice, helpful and friendly team.... and for old jets it isnt (perhaps?) hard work (but of course additional cost to do this)
It will be nice feature.

ChipShop
October 28th, 2016, 10:26
Ooh! Now that looks really nice! Lets hope it comes with a decent sound pack!
Certainly one I'll be keen to get!!:encouragement:
ChipShop

wombat666
October 28th, 2016, 10:46
And about bloody time!
Excellent subject.
:triumphant:

Dimus
October 28th, 2016, 10:51
The Meteor was not so much my cup of tea, but this one certainly is. Looking forward to it.

Stickshaker
October 28th, 2016, 10:58
Yes, very good news. And indeed: with so many other planes getting TacPac, I hope JF/AH will reverse their policy on this valuable add-on.<o:p></o:p>

Stickshaker
October 28th, 2016, 12:10
Remarkable that in the announcement a lot is said about how it looks, but not about how it flies (systems, flight model etc).<o:p></o:p>

ColoKent
October 28th, 2016, 12:34
This will be GREAT! Now if JF/AH will follow up with a Venom and Vampire, we'll have the whole suite of early British jet fighters!

Kent

bazzar
October 28th, 2016, 13:19
Remarkable that in the announcement a lot is said about how it looks, but not about how it flies (systems, flight model etc).<o:p></o>

Tests show it hitting the book values, N2 throttle to High Mach tables need a little more work but we're getting there. Systems are as accurate as we can make given FSX limitations but the combined throttle/HP function is there and works beautifully. :engel016:

Mach3DS
October 28th, 2016, 14:47
Baz this is looking down right fabulous. :applause:

ZsoltB
October 28th, 2016, 21:53
:applause:

Stickshaker
October 29th, 2016, 02:14
Tests show it hitting the book values, N2 throttle to High Mach tables need a little more work but we're getting there. Systems are as accurate as we can make given FSX limitations but the combined throttle/HP function is there and works beautifully. :engel016:

Sounds good, Baz! Does the plane have any peculiarities in flight behavior (Dutch roll tendency, low-speed stability and that kind of stuff) that will be modeled? So, are the flying challenges present in the ‘real’ Hunter simulated in your plane?

bazzar
October 29th, 2016, 04:26
They certainly are. The Hunter can bite you in the posterior if you don't treat her right.:engel016:

Dutcheeseblend
October 29th, 2016, 04:37
How do you guys at AH done that? It's release after release after release after release after release after release:dizzy: While I'm working already for two years on my T.5 which isn't even halfway...:dizzy:

Stunning work, that's for sure!

hairyspin
October 29th, 2016, 11:29
How do you guys at AH done that? It's release after release after release after...

You've got TacPack in yours Daan, that's why! (just kidding, Baz :173go1:)

Cees Donker
October 29th, 2016, 11:39
You've got TacPack in yours Daan, that's why! (just kidding, Baz :173go1:)

Hahahahaha!

Cees

bazzar
October 29th, 2016, 14:03
How do you guys at AH done that? It's release after release after release after release after release after release:dizzy: While I'm working already for two years on my T.5 which isn't even halfway...:dizzy:

It is highly likely that you have a life my friend.

Seriously, we are indeed just two people but I guess doing this stuff for 15 years in a commercial sense teaches you a lot about production scheduling and methodology. Also, it is what we do for a living. I no longer joggle two careers.
My hat goes off to you and others who toil alone on these enormous projects, life/work balance is everything and life always must first.:engel016:

pilto von pilto
October 29th, 2016, 16:02

I'd say you've reached the halfway point unless your plans for it are super crazy.

I personally stopped binge watching "Lowering yourself to the level of the kardashians" and "X-factor-got-loser-biggest-talent : the bits you missed" which helped.:untroubled:

:engel016:

Dutcheeseblend
October 31st, 2016, 01:38
I see Baz, that clears things up :encouragement: Nevertheless it's a wonderful job, replicating aircraft. Stunning work mate!

bazzar
November 8th, 2016, 12:25
Getting very close now. A few extras added and some interesting schemes.:engel016:

Ian Warren
November 8th, 2016, 12:54
Baz , I do like the Saudi weapon selection , course the addition of the GPU and ladder :encouragement:

Daube
November 8th, 2016, 12:59
That looks like a beatiful model ! :applause:
The canopy glass material is not great though. And plans to improve it to give a more realistic look ?

DaveWG
November 8th, 2016, 13:06
Well 3 of those schemes don't belong on an F.6 or an FGA.9.

bazzar
November 8th, 2016, 13:16
Well, seeing as we don't plan to build actual multipie variants, as there are very little visual differences between the export models and the F.6 and FGA.9 we thought it would be nice to include these schemes for the non-painters out there. Got a problem with that?:engel016:

bazzar
November 8th, 2016, 19:56
That looks like a beatiful model ! :applause:
The canopy glass material is not great though. And plans to improve it to give a more realistic look ?

Thankyou. What exactly do you not like about the glass? I think it may be a lighting thing in the shots.

DaveWG
November 8th, 2016, 22:14
Well, seeing as we don't plan to build actual multipie variants, as there are very little visual differences between the export models and the F.6 and FGA.9 we thought it would be nice to include these schemes for the non-painters out there. Got a problem with that?:engel016:

Doesn't bother me as I won't be buying it anyway.

Mach3DS
November 8th, 2016, 22:23
You're glass material is great IMHO. The bird overall materials look like a repainters dream. Seems like most everything is activated. +1

Dimus
November 8th, 2016, 23:31
Love the "Miss Demeanour" paint!

Constructive criticism here, as this is one of my favorite Hunters and would love to do virtual displays with it. There seem to be a few differences in the red/yellow areas and the size and location of the stars compared with the real one:

Real:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/watfc/Kemble05-9.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/watfc/media/Kemble05-9.jpg.html)

Yours:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44373&stc=1

Cees Donker
November 9th, 2016, 00:48
Thankyou. What exactly do you not like about the glass? I think it may be a lighting thing in the shots.

Ah! A Dutchie!

:applause:

Cees

Bradburger
November 9th, 2016, 02:29
Love the "Miss Demeanour" paint!

Constructive criticism here, as this is one of my favorite Hunters and would love to do virtual displays with it. There seem to be a few differences in the red/yellow areas and the size and location of the stars compared with the real one:

I seem to recall that Miss Demeanour underwent a repaint of the original scheme a while ago, and I remember some differences between the old scheme being pointed out, so it's possible that the repainted scheme is the one that was chosen for the JF pack.

Maybe the Hunter fans can confirm this.

Cheers

Paul

txnetcop
November 9th, 2016, 03:04
WOW! Ya gotta love the HUNTER!!!
Ted

bazzar
November 9th, 2016, 03:06
Doesn't bother me as I won't be buying it anyway. So apart from trying to score internet points, why comment?

DaveWG
November 9th, 2016, 04:03
All I can say is Dilligaf.

SpaceWeevil
November 9th, 2016, 05:41
All I can say is Dilligaf.

Um... yes?

speedy70
November 9th, 2016, 06:47
Not the sort of reply expected from a "senior administrator" to a very respected member of the Flightsim community.The last great Hunter was produced by DaveG.

Dave my apologies on behalf of the community your work is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris

Dimus
November 9th, 2016, 06:50
I seem to recall that Miss Demeanour underwent a repaint of the original scheme a while ago, and I remember some differences between the old scheme being pointed out, so it's possible that the repainted scheme is the one that was chosen for the JF pack.

Maybe the Hunter fans can confirm this.

Cheers

Paul

There is a nice story and explanation about the scheme by Jonathon Whaley himself at the Heritage Aviation site:

http://www.heritageaviation.com/index.php/the-colour-scheme/

It seems even the location of the major stars is specific, representing Jonathon's family signs (Aries Virgo and Taurus).

All this talk is a little irrelevant and is not meant to take anything away from what seems to be a really nice model. It would be nice if JF could do this paint correctly, otherwise I intend to do it again myself using the paintkit that hopefully will be made available.

harrybasset
November 9th, 2016, 08:20
Not the sort of reply expected from a "senior administrator" to a very respected member of the Flightsim community.The last great Hunter was produced by DaveG.

Dave my apologies on behalf of the community your work is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris

I agree with this comment. I have enjoyed Daves' Hunters in FS2004 and FSX. I await the new Hunter with great anticipation.

511Flyer
November 9th, 2016, 10:16
I doubt if anybody here has a greater knowledge of the Hunter than Dave G.

Den.

RaFi
November 9th, 2016, 10:53
I haven't seen a Rhodesian paint scheme yet, so I hope the paint kit will be included from the start.

bazzar
November 9th, 2016, 12:11
There is a Rhodesian AF scheme in the set.:engel016:

bazzar
November 9th, 2016, 12:21
Well, for a well-respected member of the FS community, your last comment was indeed interesting. Way to get more respect. I am sorry if a cloud has edged over your sun at the moment but it is not intentional and you most certainly can't "own" the subject. For whatever the reason, you dislike us, I get it but your comments in other forums indicate some pretty deep wounds. Time to move on my friend. :engel016:

RaFi
November 10th, 2016, 05:00
There is a Rhodesian AF scheme in the set.:engel016:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/rafi096/046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc 5cab6ef1d1b1ab_zpsozipbrde.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/rafi096/media/046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc 5cab6ef1d1b1ab_zpsozipbrde.jpg.html)

Daube
November 10th, 2016, 13:44

Sorry for my late reply.
In the latest shots, the canopy glass seemed a bit greyish, king of milky, which gives a FS9-ish impression.
But as you said, it might simply be a lighting issue, since the canopy looks quite good in the first screenshot of the topic.
Again, my comments were only about the materiel or texture of the canopy, nothing else. The rest of the model looks simply fantastic :applause:

bazzar
November 10th, 2016, 16:12
No worries. If you know the recently released Meteor, the canopy materials are the same.:engel016:

Bradburger
January 4th, 2017, 13:11
https://youtu.be/jDE7aAqmxyE

Cheers

Paul

Mach3DS
January 4th, 2017, 14:05
Can I ask a technical question...what about the exterior materials?

1. Specifically, is a single fresnel affecting both specular and Reflection? (Please say no...hoping)

2. Is alpha reflection enabled 100% in the 3d. So that full reflection can be controlled by the alpha channel?

3. Dies it use the default environment map callout? (Enables dynamic reflections in P3D).

Just curious about these 2 items....Unfortunately for my wallet my passion for.this aircraft will yield a purchase either way...

dhasdell
January 4th, 2017, 21:22
"And now, ladies and gentlemen, coming in over the black sheds . . . The Black Arrows."

IanHenry
January 4th, 2017, 23:25
Very nice Bazzer, very nice indeed:applause:

Ian

ZsoltB
January 5th, 2017, 00:19
Released date?

spatialpro
January 5th, 2017, 02:59
I suspect this won't be compatible with TacPack? Can anyone confirm?

dvj
January 5th, 2017, 08:01
https://youtu.be/jDE7aAqmxyE

Cheers

Paul

One of the best preview videos I've seen. Best part? No music, just engine sounds. Great camera work.

-d

bazzar
January 5th, 2017, 13:23
Since the release of the video, there has been much finessing including the correction of rear canopy frame to clear perspex (for the eagle-eyed), angle of boarding ladder, new ejection seat and harness, remodeled nose and gun-chute area and a heck of a lot more. Systems -wise you'll have electrical/manual tail-feathers, automatic payload adjustment to flight characteristics, auto cold-dark setup selection and more.

The materials are designed to suit the model.:engel016:

magoo
January 5th, 2017, 17:28
Interesting and well done video.

The aircraft sound suite as portrayed is quite evocative....I think. I've never had the chance to see or hear a real Hawker Hunter. Do they actually have that low howl as they come toward you?

If so, great capture, very distinctive.

WarHorse47
January 6th, 2017, 17:40
Okay. I'm ready. Enough hype. Enough screenshots and videos. Bring it on. :encouragement:

Flyboy208
January 6th, 2017, 19:52
Impressive video indeed ! Mike :applause:

dhasdell
January 6th, 2017, 21:52
Do they actually have that low howl as they come toward you?
It's been a while, but I'd say so. It was certainly a distinctive sound.

YoYo
February 10th, 2017, 13:08
The new video: https://www.facebook.com/justflight/videos/10154316698218499/ .

Daube
February 10th, 2017, 13:29
Beautiful !
But the canopy glass still looks terrible. Not the shape, the transparency. We almost can't see the pilot through it.
The canopy is not supposed to be opaque, not even milky.

Here is how it looks like in the video:
http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0307.jpg

And here is how it looks like in real life:
https://img.planespotters.net/photo/518000/original/g-kaxf-hawker-hunter-foundation-hawker-hunter-f-mk6_PlanespottersNet_518323.jpg

Or did they simulate the canopy fogging ?

bazzar
February 10th, 2017, 13:31
The video was produced before the glazing was adjusted.

bazzar
February 10th, 2017, 18:25
Here are a couple of shots of the current canopy.:engel016:

Mach3DS
February 10th, 2017, 19:39
Quick question, will there be a period helmet by chance? Sorry if this has been asked already...here or elsewhere.

bazzar
February 10th, 2017, 19:40
As far as I am aware, it is a period helmet.:engel016:

Mach3DS
February 10th, 2017, 19:51
Sweet! I couldn't tell on my screen...thanks for the reply!

spatialpro
February 11th, 2017, 02:27
The irony is the Hunter was in service for so long there are several "periods" for which there would be different helmets... and that is not counting different helmets used by non-UK operators!

ZsoltB
May 28th, 2018, 22:31
How can the 4 fuel tanks be reduced to two on FGA9 type?

cbramkamp
April 12th, 2023, 21:38
How can the 4 fuel tanks be reduced to two on FGA9 type?

Any solutions for this?