PDA

View Full Version : Woff UE is released

Dutch_P47M
October 22nd, 2016, 09:38
The new UE is being released and Ankor did made some improvements that could be very intresting for all that did suffer performance isseus. While normally this singlecore game did loaded one core to the max, now with Ankors improvements this has been reduced. In my case this was normal 70-80% load on one core, the UE version this is now being between 40-50%. All the news can be read at the official overflandersfields.com website. The UE does contain all the Woff versions and packs.

Btw, if interested, I'm selling my old Woff1,2&3 incl all the extra packs for 25,- US dollar. because now I have all the packs and woff versions double. Download only and the PC specs can be found at the official overflandersfields website. PM me for further info.

sixstrings5859
October 22nd, 2016, 10:55
Great news!:applause: Now i only need a rig good enough to run it smoothly.:banghead:

Dutch_P47M
October 22nd, 2016, 12:02
Great news!:applause: Now i only need a rig good enough to run it smoothly.:banghead:
I do know what you are running but mine is an 2011. i5-2500k OC to 4,8ghz. See the specs needed at the official website.

Threedp
October 26th, 2016, 04:16
If you buy and purchased v3 previously, be sure to email support@overflandersfields.com for a discount code before you buy.

Threedp
October 28th, 2016, 18:18
Will this mean a new release of the shaders optimized for CFS3?

AnKor
October 29th, 2016, 06:59
Will this mean a new release of the shaders optimized for CFS3?
Yes, maybe in a week or two.

I want WOFF devs to benefit from the new version in the first place, that's why I delay the release. During the development of this version OBD team (including WM himself and beta-testers) spent some noticeable time to investigate a major bug which I couldn't initially reproduce, so while I still consider shaders to be "free", I guess it will be fair if you can support WOFF devs in any way :)

A major feature of new shaders is full replacement of ground shadows with new DX9 ones.
Previously some shadows were still drawn by cfs3 engine and it was slow and often inaccurate (misaligned and overlapping shadows for aircraft and other vehicles on the ground, shadows not appearing on sloped surfaces). Now you will need to turn off cfs3 shadows in config overrides and let my dll do the work.
Another good thing is that shadows for out-of-view parts of the aircraft will no longer disappear, it took 2.5 years to find a solution for this annoying bug.