PDA

View Full Version : Fogging my house

Ickie
October 17th, 2016, 04:52
last week I have a flee problem and I fogged it with a cheep fogger, 4 can's, 5 dollars.
well it did not work, lol
today I got the best stuff, made by RAID, I got up at 4:30 am and went to Walmarts and bought it.
the active part is 25 times stronger then the RAID fogger standard.
this stuff comes in a can which I had to place in water, can and all, it has granels instead of spray, and wait for 3 hours, then let it air out for 3 more hours, which I am doing now, and later today I will do the back half.
I did go to my vet and get the top dollar flee topical for the cats and a chew able for the dog.
Yesterday I did a double vacuum job too.

"There Aint No Flees On Me" is the song I am singing lol :biggrin-new:

WarHorse47
October 17th, 2016, 06:18
In addition to what you're doing, we also added sprinkles of brewer's yeast to our cat's food. It's a natural remedy to rid the fleas. You should be able to find some on the shelves of your local pet store.

jmfabio
October 18th, 2016, 09:07
Ickie, you probably know this but just in case: Make sure those vacuum bags are in the TRASH!, OUTSIDE! You don't want any flea eggs hatching in the bag inside the house.

Joe

Ickie
October 18th, 2016, 10:46
i empty my vacuum 2 times a week it is bag less. or every time i use it.

humm I fogged 2 times in 1 week and still find flees. first 4 cans of cheep stuff and 1 top dollar stuff 4 cans of granels in water. (I bought 6 cans)
and the size of my rooms are 1/2 the size they tell me it covers, so i did it right.

I was told to try this powder and brush it in then vaccum it up but I forgot the name of the powder.

I WILL WIN I never give up as you all know, lol:redfire:

sixstrings5859
October 18th, 2016, 12:09
My cats have a enclosed court yard so they don't venture too far. Use a monthly topical and no fleas. This is down here in Louisiana where it still in the 90's.

Ickie
October 19th, 2016, 04:27
I found this last night how to kill flees in the house so I tried 2 things
http://www.wikihow.com/Kill-Fleas-in-a-Home

#1) vacuum every day which I did last night and will do today
#2) place a bowl of water with dish soap in it, under night lights, I have 5 and did this last night and all this morning had a flee or 2 in it.

boric acid is next maybe tomorrow when I go to the store.

Lonewolfee1
October 21st, 2016, 05:43
Ickie.
To kill fleas proper you need something with a long residual. Usually foggers and such at the store do not provide adequate residuals to span the life cycle of most of the fleas, which can range from 2 weeks - common - to longer periods depending on food supply - blood. I would ask a pro in your area or someone at a tractor supply or farm/feed store if they know of any over the counter stuff with a longer residual. Diligence is the key for a few weeks. And I recommend to burn any vacuum bags for those with vacuums that use them.