PDA

View Full Version : Abacus Software "Pacific Theatre" for CFS1/CFS2: WRONG CDs?

RichNagel
October 13th, 2016, 07:25
I recently purchased Abacus Software's antiquated "Pacific Theatre" for Combat Flight Simulator 1 and Combat Flight Simulator 2 ( http://www.abacuspub.com/pacific-theatre-cd-rom ) from TWO different vendors on Amazon ( "Pacific Theatre 2" -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00091POGU ).

Note that there were 2 versions of Pacific Theater... the first one that was only for CFS1, and the newer version that supported both CFS1 and CFS2.

Although the boxes AND the included manuals APPEAR to be the ones for the newer version that ALSO supports Combat Flight Simulator 2, the CD-ROMs that were included in the boxes is for the FIRST version of the addon that is ONLY for CFS1.

Both of the product boxes state "for Combat Flight Simulator 1 & 2!", and the included manuals have a section about installing the addon in CFS1, and a separate section about installing the addon in CFS2 (complete with a screenshot of the installer menu that has clickable "CFS1" and "CFS2" buttons on it).

When ACTUALLY installing the addon, there is NO menu with these buttons... it simply installs the older CFS1 version (which doesn't function properly with CFS2). After browsing the CD-ROM, ALL that I see are the CFS1 installer files... there doesn't appear to be ANY CFS2 installer files on this version of the CD-ROM.

BTW, the included manuals and boxes (that mention BOTH CFS1 and CFS2) have a copyright of 2001, while the included CD-ROMs have a copyright of 1999.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this with this old Abacus Software product?

Shadow Wolf 07
October 13th, 2016, 08:26
Years ago I purchased the Abacus software and it worked okay for cfs2. It wasn't very good, but it worked. PM me your mailing adress and if I can find it I will mail it to you (free of charge). :applause: :a1310:

RichNagel
October 14th, 2016, 16:07
Years ago I purchased the Abacus software and it worked okay for cfs2. It wasn't very good, but it worked. PM me your mailing adress and if I can find it I will mail it to you (free of charge). :applause: :a1310:

OH WOW, Shadow Wolf 07, *MANY* THANKS! :)

PM sent :)

Shadow Wolf 07
October 15th, 2016, 09:43
OH WOW, Shadow Wolf 07, *MANY* THANKS! :)

PM sent :)

I found it! I will try to get it in the mail on Monday. :running:

RichNagel
October 15th, 2016, 10:19
i found it! I will try to get it in the mail on monday. :running:

many thanks! :) :) :)