PDA

View Full Version : Mission Failed to Load

alcanallen
October 5th, 2016, 19:54
Always looking for new additions to my ETO and PTO sim i downloaded "ETO_112 Shark Sqd" only to find 3 missions failed to load,investigating i found the bottom lines in the 3 mission differed from the ones that worked eg </FrontLine>
</Mission> this worked.

and </Facilities>
<Goals>
<Goal FacilityID="46067" Points="1" DamagePercent="1"/>
</Goals>
</Mission> did not work but editing the mission to look like the on that worked did the trick.
Why i don`t know.

alcanallen :adoration:

Daiwilletti
October 6th, 2016, 15:42
Hi alcanallen, there is a syntax which needs to be followed with xml files. If you open the faulty mission.xml with an xml editor (there are freeware versions - I use XML Wrench), you will be told where the fault in the syntax occurs.

If it is not a syntactical error, rather a problem with a missing facility or vehicle etc, the cfs3 error messaging should tell you what is missing.

HTH,

alcanallen
October 6th, 2016, 21:02
Hi alcanallen, there is a syntax which needs to be followed with xml files. If you open the faulty mission.xml with an xml editor (there are freeware versions - I use XML Wrench), you will be told where the fault in the syntax occurs.

If it is not a syntactical error, rather a problem with a missing facility or vehicle etc, the cfs3 error messaging should tell you what is missing.

HTH,
Thanks for the heads up mate!