PDA

View Full Version : News that a member uncovered for us...

Rami
September 22nd, 2016, 02:04
Hey guys,

This can't be 100% confirmed, but it all likelihood, bobhegf is no longer with us. Worthless uncovered this and notified me. If true, much respect, bobhegf. May you continue flying over the island of Guadalcanal forever.

From Worthless - Curiosity got the best of me. I haven't seen a word from bobhegf in a long time. His last post was in mid December of 2014. I never met the man but enjoyed his contributions. Saw this today and it looks like the same person. It says "He also enjoyed computerized flight simulators." I may be all wet, but if it is our bobhegf, I just thought some sort of mention would be in order.

Robert Harvey "Bobby" Edwards

Mr. Robert Harvey Bobby Edwards, 69, passed away Monday, December 29, 2014. A memorial service will be conducted Friday, January 9, 2015 at 3:30 PM in the Wilkerson Funeral Chapel. Bobby, born in Norfolk, VA, lived most of his life in Greenville. He served in the United States Navy (http://www.legacy.com/memorial-sites/navy/?personid=173755178&affiliateID=1469) during the Vietnam War (http://www.legacy.com/memorial-sites/vietnam-war/?personid=173755178&affiliateID=1469), working in ship navigation. He studied computer science and business administration at Pitt Community College and later received a diploma in the study of life insurance from Lenoir Community College. He worked as an insurance agent for many years. Bobby had a love for flying and was a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association in Farmville and was a founding member of the Down East Flight Club. He had an interest in the development of ultra-lite aircraft and safety. He also enjoyed computerized flight simulators. Bobby was preceded in death by his father, Manley Harvey Edwards. He is survived by: daughter, Brandy Holmes and husband, Chris; 3 grandchildren, Lindsay, Tucker and Leah; mother, Iva Messick Edwards; sister, Donna Edwards; all of Greenville and brother, Barry Edwards of Rocky Mount. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Wilkerson Funeral Home to assist the family with funeral expenses.

Rest in peace, sir. And you have our eternal gratitude for your service. :medals:

And thank you, Worthless, for bringing this to our attention.

dmaloof
September 22nd, 2016, 03:02
RIP. Sad to lose him.

The_Editor
September 22nd, 2016, 06:28
Another good one gone. R.I.P

Cody Coyote
September 22nd, 2016, 08:22
I wondered if this might not have happened as we hadn't heard from Bob in a long time and he was a very vocal poster on this board. Early on his posts used to drive me nuts with his constant demands for things that seemed outside the realm of possibility in CFS2. But over time I came to realize that his persistant prodding was paying off. He got us to push the envelope beyond what I thought it was capable of. He deserves credit for not letting us rest on our laurels but encouraging us to reach beyond our grasp.

Allen
September 22nd, 2016, 11:10
Damm, damm, damm....

Blood_Hawk23
September 22nd, 2016, 14:32
His last log in was Dec 16, 2014. Last I knew he had computer problems again. I haven't heard from him since.

Bob, You will be deeply missed my friend. I'm sorry we found out so late. 'til Later.

The B24 Guy
September 22nd, 2016, 16:00
RIP Bob you have and will be missed.

Regards,
B24Guy

TheBookie
September 22nd, 2016, 16:55
RIP Bob you will be missed.

Seems that in the last few years we have lost some of the old timers that were with CFS2 from the beginning. Not only do we miss their creations but also the knowledge of the game they had and shared with the community. Many of the new members don't know bobjegf, Usio, Talon or Akemi that we lost fairly recently, all were well known to the community for 10 to 15 years.

Some else we have heard from in about 3 years is Jagdflieger. Last I heard he was going on vacation with his family.

Rami
September 22nd, 2016, 17:04
Some else we have heard from in about 3 years is Jagdflieger. Last I heard he was going on vacation with his family.

Jagdflieger is still very much alive, and by every measure is living life to the fullest. He checks in with me about every quarter, and I know he also communicates with Devildog73. He hunts and travels frequently. :encouragement:

No Dice
September 22nd, 2016, 17:51
I only hope that this is incorrect:

But, if any of our members should move on to the blue skies,
Please let me know, I will post a notice in the FFS Taps section:

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Taps.htm

I hate that damn page, BUT.................................

Dave

gius
September 23rd, 2016, 07:20
Bob,

Can you rest in peace, you were a great man and a great developer...

Gius

misson
September 23rd, 2016, 13:27
rest in peace.
Mario

Devildog73
September 24th, 2016, 03:51
R.I.P. Brother in arms from the most unpopular "conflict" the USA has even taken part in.

You are finally at rest.
Semper Fidelis.

Oglivie
November 5th, 2016, 09:51
Farewel Bob....I'll miss you too. It is a pleasure to have known you and your interest in aviation and flight simming. I wish you have fair skys and weather for the next journey, my friend.

Gary M.