PDA

View Full Version : Shadowplay gone MISSING!!!

ejoiner
September 5th, 2016, 06:54
Hi all, I use Nvidia Shadowplay to do video screen capture on my PC. Normally I can access this through the GeForce Experience interface. However for no apparent reason, when trying to access this yesterday evening, I noted the Shadowplay option was GONE from the GeForce Experience interface. See below. I cannot think of a reason why this would be. I contacted Nvidia support through their online chat system and they couldnt figure this out either. They had me uninstall Geforce Experience then reinstall it. Same issue. They had me file a bug report. I am wondering is anybody else having this problem?

Even if you are not using shadowplay, if you have Nvidia drivers installed, you should have the option to use Shadow play available in the Gui. Its gone missing for me.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5254/wJjB0M.jpg

mabe5454
September 5th, 2016, 10:46
That happened to me too after the big update by Win 10 (about a month ago or so). I just went to the Nvidia Site and got the latest Nvidia GEForce Experience install and forced a reinstallation. Now ShadowPlay is back no problems.

Cheers,

Dimus
September 5th, 2016, 12:21
Mine did not disappear, just acted strangely like hanging up or crashing. I uninstalled it and did what mabe5454 did. It works fine now.

ejoiner
September 5th, 2016, 15:10
Mine did not disappear, just acted strangely like hanging up or crashing. I uninstalled it and did what mabe5454 did. It works fine now.

I found that I was having some sort of conflict with the Asus overclocking software that came with my Asus GTX 1070 Strix card. so I deleted it and I reinstalled the GE Force Experience software and got shadow play back. Still consider this a bug on the Nvidia end.