PDA

View Full Version : Ant's Winjeel released!

thefrog
August 30th, 2016, 04:52
The demo is available but it's not actually for sale yet according to his website, but it seems to be up at Simmarket
http://www.antsairplanes.com/index.html
I've only had a quick look at it but the vc in particular looks extremely good - so does the exterior come to think of it!
Haven't tried to fly it yet.

YoYo
August 30th, 2016, 06:01
This cockpit....... (not of model for sure) looks awful !!! :biggrin-new:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/screenshots/winjeelss/Winjeel_ss_06.jpg

Nice details ! Thx for this info.

http://www.antsairplanes.com/screenshots/winjeelss/Winjeel_ss_00.jpg

COBS
August 30th, 2016, 06:33
I like the cockpit , I think it is wonderful , as is the rest of the aircraft .

It's a delight to fly , and Aero's are nice and easy to do in it .

Well worth getting .

Cheers
Karol

speedy70
August 30th, 2016, 07:18
Yes a brilliant aircraft and great fun to fly.Flight dynamics are great and aerobatics wonderful fun.

Cheers Chris

rdaniell
August 30th, 2016, 07:21
For those of you who like to fly at night here's a couple night time screen captures. Also attached is an external view of the smoke canister effect.

RD

fuzz1
August 30th, 2016, 07:26
Have waited for this one with great anticipation and it does not disappoint. I want to buy it this very instant please.

Like the T28 series which I absolutely love, and not surprisingly for Ant, the workmanship and attention to detail are over the top. I will be spending many hours in this aircraft.

YoYo
August 30th, 2016, 08:14
Sticky? :wiggle:

Dutcheeseblend
August 30th, 2016, 10:24
Everytime I see this, I decide to stop developing.

Great great modelling, no joke!

YoYo
August 30th, 2016, 10:27
Demo.

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/Prepar3D-_ahrqaqs.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/Prepar3D-_ahrqqph.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Prepar3D-_ahrqqpe.jpg

Everytime I see this, I decide to stop developing.

Great great modelling, no joke!

Please, no ! :)

Roger
August 30th, 2016, 10:54
As soon as it's available for sale we'll stickie it:jump:

fuzz1
August 30th, 2016, 10:58
It's available now at Simmarket, just got it. Apart from the fact this superb work ticks all the boxes for me, it really is a great deal for the asking price. Very high quality/price ratio.

FooFighter7
August 30th, 2016, 11:17
Are there any major differences between the Winjeel and the Percival Provost? There's a guy in Culpepper, Virigina who owns a Provost that I've seen fly. I might try to make a repaint of it for myself if the two aircraft are similar enough..

sidler
August 30th, 2016, 12:54
I'm really liking it! How do you get the sound to work?

Dick

Bomber_12th
August 30th, 2016, 13:09
Interestingly, the main subject aircraft of this product, Winjeel A85-429, used to be based/flown in California from 2006 till 2009 (the one and only Winjeel to ever be operated in the Northern Hemisphere), then registered N107PJ. The aircraft was however exported back to Australia in 2009, where it has since been flying as VH-OJP.

Timmy74
August 30th, 2016, 13:15
OMG!!!

I have been waiting sooo long for this bird! Now today at work is going to be the longest day (for me) in history!

Can not wait to get home to download her!

Thank you Ant.

Cheers,
Tim.

ksheadley
August 30th, 2016, 13:34
I'm really liking it! How do you get the sound to work?

Dick

Same issue here in P3Dv3. Get all of the clicks and wind but no engine sounds.

Sent an an email concerning the sounds. Otherwise it's a fabulous offering.

Bomber_12th
August 30th, 2016, 13:43
Some additional facts/details about the Commonwealth Winjeel and real-world operation:

-Winjeel is Aboriginal for "young eagle".
-It was found that during the evaluations of the early Winjeel design, it didn't want to spin. For their training purposes, the RAAF needed an aircraft that would spin, so CAC had to make some design changes just to satisfy that requirement, leading to the production CA-25, first flying in February 1955.
-The aircraft is stressed for and capable of most aerobatics, with the exception of sustained inverted flight, snap rolls, and outside loops. Those who have flown both the AT-6 and the Winjeel say that when it comes to aerobatics, the Winjeel is every bit as good as the AT-6, and that the Winjeel is perhaps even better than the AT-6 in this regard, with better control response and aerobatic ability.
-As of 2009, approximately 25 Winjeels were privately owned and flown regularly (Anthony mentions that there are 30 currently on the Australian civil register).
-Although originally manufactured with three seats, a number of the examples flying today have been modified to include a fourth seat, for even better practicality (which you can't get with an AT-6).
-Cruises at 125 knots, tracks well on takeoff/landing due to reasonably wide undercarriage, and boasts great control harmony.
-A quirk of the aircraft's flight handling is that when side-slipping, the nose wants to drop as the wing is blanking out the elevator.
-With full emergency flaps deployed, if you enter a spin, it can become unrecoverable, but if you can get the flaps up, a recovery can be made.
-Takeoff is made at 33-in MP and 2,300 RPM. At 40-kts, the tail is brought up and some right rudder is required to keep the aircraft straight down the runway. It comes off the ground at 60-kts and climbs at 85-kts and 1,500 fpm. (Max power of 37-in MP can be attained on takeoff, but is not needed.)
-On approach, the first notch of flaps comes down at 100-kts, and 90-kts becomes the target once trimmed out. At around 85-90-kts, landing flaps are selected and the airspeed is kept at 75-80-kts over the threshold for a wheel landing - 65-70-kts over the threshold for a three-pointer. If you use the emergency flap setting, you really have to get the nose down because it will come out of the sky like a ton of bricks.
-Economy cruise for a cross-country flight can be established at 26-in MP and 1,800 RPM (burning just shy of 20 gph), which should get you about 120-kts. A higher cruise setting of 28-in MP and 2,000 RPM will get you about 135-kts.
-The aircraft stalls at around 53-kts, without much warning, but it will break straight-ahead as long as you're coordinated (any wing drop just depends on where the ball is at).

YoYo
August 30th, 2016, 14:36
Same issue here in P3Dv3. Get all of the clicks and wind but no engine sounds.

Sent an an email concerning the sounds. Otherwise it's a fabulous offering.

I noticed the same... but it isn't demo feature?

anthony31
August 30th, 2016, 14:48
About the sound.

The Winjeel uses a custom sound system which largely bypasses the FSX sound system. This of course increases the likelihood of something going wrong.

You can set the Winjeel to use the default FSX sound system.

Shift+3 to show the Animation Manager
Select Preferences tab in the top right.
Select page 3 and untick the 3 boxes that start with "Use custom ..."
Click SAVE in the lower left
Either load another aircraft and then reload the Winjeel or ideally restart the sim for the change to take effect.

I'd like to know why some people don't get any sound though so if you could check what sound device you are using that would be nice. In P3D this is Menu - Options - Settings - Sound - Primary Playback Device.
In FSX this is Settings - Sound - Windows sound device - Sounds.
Also if you could tell me the OS you are using.

Thank you.

AussieMan
August 30th, 2016, 15:40
Been waiting for this one for a long time. Downloading it as I type.

BendyFlyer
August 30th, 2016, 15:47
Only a small comment. This is the FAC version, the ones used by 1 BFTS (RAAF) for pilot training had full dual controls and flight instrumentation. Good to see this aircraft making it into the sim world I am sure lots of people will want it.

AussieMan
August 30th, 2016, 15:57
​A good reason for those who have the ORBX YSTW airport to purchase this aircraft.

Bomber_12th
August 30th, 2016, 16:16
Only a small comment. This is the FAC version, the ones used by 1 BFTS (RAAF) for pilot training had full dual controls and flight instrumentation. Good to see this aircraft making it into the sim world I am sure lots of people will want it.

There are four different models included - those being "normal modern" and "normal vintage", and "FAC modern" and "FAC vintage", with cockpit differences that separate these four apart - all of them have full dual controls, but with different panel layouts and other cockpit details (the "normal vintage" cockpit, for instance, has the full flight instrumentation across the panel, as you describe). Also, for instance, the "normal modern" cockpit has 4 seats, rather than the stock original 2 or 3 seats, as a number of the restored examples flying today have been modified from 3 seats to 4 seats for better use of the space available.

Pips
August 30th, 2016, 16:17
Some additional facts/details about the Commonwealth Winjeel and real-world operation:

-With full emergency flaps deployed, if you enter a spin, it can become unrecoverable, but if you can get the flaps up, a recovery can be made.

-On approach,the airspeed is kept at 75-80-kts over the threshold for a wheel landing - 65-70-kts over the threshold for a three-pointer. If you use the emergency flap setting, you really have to get the nose down because it will come out of the sky like a ton of bricks.

Nice write-up of flight characteristics John.
It would seem that using the emergency flap setting is fraught with risk. Why then have an emergency flap setting? And when would it be used?

And just as a by the by (for general information) I have my suspicions that 'Winjeel' may be one of those made up "Anglicised pseudo Aboriginal words". It doesn't appear in the Macquarie Dictionary Of Aboriginal Words, nor does it appear in Wagiman's, two of the most common Aboriginal dictionary's.
Most importantly it's not listed in the AuSIL (Australian Society For Indigenous Languages), which lists words from the 12 most common Aboriginal languages.

fuzz1
August 30th, 2016, 16:19
Sorry to hear some are experiencing sound problems. Appears this may be P3D specific as the package installed flawlessly in my FSX-A and every feature worked great right out of the box, including sound.

Really hope this gets sorted as the custom sound engine is truly remarkable. Every touch of prop and throttle control yields an instant and entirely believable reaction within the sound engine,
significantly adding to a sense of realism. The pitch changes and quality of the sound in general are really top notch.

Roger
August 30th, 2016, 16:25
No issues with sound here. Specs shown below.

Timmy74
August 30th, 2016, 18:28
I am sure Ant will sort out the issue with the sounds in P3D.

She is such a fine aircraft.

Timmy74
August 30th, 2016, 18:31
​A good reason for those who have the ORBX YSTW airport to purchase this aircraft.

"Please explain...?

Flyboy208
August 30th, 2016, 19:11
Well done Anthony! On par with the stellar quality of your T-28 series of aircraft, and for me, a real treat to have such a well done model of such a lesser known aircraft, finally something different ! Mike :applause:

falcon409
August 30th, 2016, 19:17
I am sure Ant will sort out the issue with the sounds in P3D.

She is such a fine aircraft.
It's not just a P3D problem. I purchased and installed on FSX/Accel. No problems with the installation, no warnings or pop-ups during loading to warn of possible sound conflicts and yet when loaded and cranked, I had no sound. . .only the clicking in the cockpit.

As per Anthony's request:
Sounds: default Primary Device (2 other options are Logitech USB Headset or Realtek High Def. Audio) None produce any sound
OS is Win7 64bit

To get sound I renamed the sound.cfg to sound.original and then made sound.default the main sound config file. However it would be nice to be able to hear this fantastic custom sound package.

falcon409
August 30th, 2016, 19:47
Flight Testing at Eastern Slopes Regional.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Winjee-2016-aug-31-001.jpg

Jafo
August 30th, 2016, 20:06
"The Winjeel handpump" made it into Aussie vernacular ages ago as a dig about someone's ineptitude in thinking a gravity-fed carbie was always going to be a good idea....in a plane...;)

I went looking for historical mention and found this...VERY MUCH worth a read...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/weekend-australian-magazine/this-is-your-captain-speaking/story-e6frg8h6-1226427134015

He started on a Winjeel.... and came to save 400+ passengers 35 years later...;)

anthony31
August 30th, 2016, 20:54
SOUND PROBLEMS:

To all those with sound problems, firstly I am sorry that it is not working.

I have modified the gauge file to provide some debugging information. Please download this installer and select the same install location as you did for the Winjeel:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV101debug.zip

THIS INSTALLER IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH THE FULL PAID VERSION, it will not work with the demo version.

Start the Winjeel and open the Animation Manager - Preferences and then click on SAVE.

Open My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel and send me a copy of the P3D_prefs.txt (for P3D) or prefs.txt (for FSX) file at support@antsairplanes.com or post the first lines here.

I need these lines from the prefs file. The last 7 are the most important and will hopefully tell me where things are falling apart.

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
Saved in Documents\Ants Airplanes\Ants Winjeel
custom_path=
3 VersionMajor
3 VersionMinor
3 BuildMajor
3 BuildMinor
3 scVersionMajor
3 scVersionMinor
0 scBuildMajor
0 scBuildMinor
0 debug_initdirectsound
-999 debug_initdirectsound2
1 debug_snd_flaps
1 debug_sound_available_0
32 debug_dsound
-1 debug_dsound3d
1 debug_init_l_vars

AussieMan
August 30th, 2016, 21:13
"Please explain...?

Yes Pauline I will explain it.

YSTW = Tamworth airport.

Tamworth for many years has been a major RAAF basic flight training school. Pilots graduate from Tamworth to other advanced flying training schools.

jeansy
August 30th, 2016, 21:34

YSTW = Tamworth airport.

Tamworth for many years has been a major RAAF basic flight training school. Pilots graduate from Tamworth to other advanced flying training schools.

Pat

Winjeels only operated out of No. 1 Basic Flying Training School at Uranquinty (Wagga) Then Point Cook (and 24 Sqn) and a doz or so at RAAF Willy as FACs with 76 and 2OCU Sqns

http://www.adf-serials.com.au/2a85.htm

I think your mixed up with CT4s

Tamworth post 1956 was the BAE training ground prior was tigermoth and other very basic trainers

YoYo
August 30th, 2016, 22:09
About the sound....

I'd like to know why some people don't get any sound though so if you could check what sound device you are using that would be nice. In P3D this is Menu - Options - Settings - Sound - Primary Playback Device.
In FSX this is Settings - Sound - Windows sound device - Sounds.
Also if you could tell me the OS you are using.

Thank you.

Hello Anthony,
it isnt this. I havent sounds only for Winjeel. The rest addons works ok and in Winjeel I hear only sound effects from Accu feel A2A (P3Dv3).
I have demo only now so can't use Your solution from this post http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?102105-Ant-s-Winjeel-released!&p=1042107&viewfull=1#post1042107 .

Maybe its a problem of this strange path of installations for P3Dv3?
Something like Documents/Prepar 3D Add-ons .... ?

anthony31
August 30th, 2016, 22:56
Hello Anthony,
it isnt this. I havent sounds only for Winjeel. The rest addons works ok and in Winjeel I hear only sound effects from Accu feel A2A (P3Dv3).
I have demo only now so can't use Your solution from this post http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?102105-Ant-s-Winjeel-released!&p=1042107&viewfull=1#post1042107 .

Maybe its a problem of this strange path of installations for P3Dv3?
Something like Documents/Prepar 3D Add-ons .... ?

I have made a debug patch for the demo version now so anyone who has the demo installed and cannot hear the sounds please run this patch:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV101demodebug.zip

It shouldn't be a problem with the installation location as this works on other users systems and my own and FSX users are having sound problems.
I mention the output location as the Winjeel sounds go to the default output device only, so in case someone had it set differently. It seems this is not the problem as people have the sound problem with the default output device.

The new gauge file will tell me whether there is a problem initializing the direct sound buffer (which I think is the most likely cause) what that problem is. Without that information there is nothing I can do to work a solution.

Again, run the patch. Start the flight sim, load the Winjeel, Open Animation Manager - Preferences, click on SAVE and then either send a copy of My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel/ either prefs.txt or P3D_prefs.txt to me or post the first 18 lines here.

Thank you.

Timmy74
August 30th, 2016, 23:53

YSTW = Tamworth airport.

That maybe true but the Winjeel and even the CT-4 (RAAF basic trainers) were never based there!

So that is why I was a little confused to that comment you made, which has no reference what so ever.

Timmy74
August 31st, 2016, 01:48
I have made a debug patch for the demo version now so anyone who has the demo installed and cannot hear the sounds please run this patch:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV101demodebug.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV101demodebug.zip)

It shouldn't be a problem with the installation location as this works on other users systems and my own and FSX users are having sound problems.
I mention the output location as the Winjeel sounds go to the default output device only, so in case someone had it set differently. It seems this is not the problem as people have the sound problem with the default output device.

The new gauge file will tell me whether there is a problem initializing the direct sound buffer (which I think is the most likely cause) what that problem is. Without that information there is nothing I can do to work a solution.

Again, run the patch. Start the flight sim, load the Winjeel, Open Animation Manager - Preferences, click on SAVE and then either send a copy of My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel/ either prefs.txt or P3D_prefs.txt to me or post the first 18 lines here.

Thank you.

Hello Anthony,

I am getting sound but the interior sound is just wind noise and very hard to hear the engine noise....? Exterior sounds are just fine. Is it suppose to be like this?

Thank you again for doing this aircraft.

Cheers,
Tim.

AussieMan
August 31st, 2016, 02:32
That maybe true but the Winjeel and even the CT-4 (RAAF basic trainers) were never based there!

So that is why I was a little confused to that comment you made, which has no reference what so ever.

I knew that the Winjeel did not operate from YSTW but as the Flying Training was included by ORBX I thought it would be nice to fly from there. I know I will be.

anthony31
August 31st, 2016, 03:10
Hello Anthony,

I am getting sound but the interior sound is just wind noise and very hard to hear the engine noise....? Exterior sounds are just fine. Is it suppose to be like this?

Thank you again for doing this aircraft.

Cheers,
Tim.

No, it's not supposed to be like that. Without the information saved in the prefs.txt file then I can't tell you anymore than that.

Timmy74
August 31st, 2016, 03:44
No, it's not supposed to be like that. Without the information saved in the prefs.txt file then I can't tell you anymore than that.

This is my results from a vanilla install of the demo into FSX. (no patch added)

ENGINE_WEAR.TXT:

Winjeel V1.0 Engine Wear
1 read_me_first
0.269707 engine_hours
0 mtn_eng_last_overhaul
0 mtn_prop_hours
0 mtn_engine_oil_change
0 mtn_prop_inspection
0 ew_sparkplug_age
0 ew_sparkplug_carbon
0 ew_sparkplug_dirt
0 ew_overhaul
0 ew_rubber_parts
0 rpm_drop_due_plug_fouling
0 ew_prop_oil_leak
0 ew_prop_damage
0 clock_offset
0 clock_red_minutes

PREFS.TXT (first 18 entries..)

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
custom_path=
10 VersionMajor
0 VersionMinor
61637 BuildMajor
0 BuildMinor
10 scVersionMajor
0 scVersionMinor
61259 scBuildMajor
0 scBuildMinor
9760 RADIO_MEM_FREQ0
8208 RADIO_MEM_FREQ1
13680 RADIO_MEM_FREQ2
8848 RADIO_MEM_FREQ3
9488 RADIO_MEM_FREQ4
6528 RADIO_MEM_FREQ5
8272 RADIO_MEM_FREQ6

I hope this helps?

falcon409
August 31st, 2016, 04:14
Anthony, here are my results.

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
custom_path=
10 VersionMajor
0 VersionMinor
61637 BuildMajor
0 BuildMinor
10 scVersionMajor
0 scVersionMinor
61259 scBuildMajor
0 scBuildMinor
0 debug_initdirectsound
0 debug_snd_flaps
32 debug_dsound
-1 debug_dsound3d
1 debug_init_l_vars

anthony31
August 31st, 2016, 04:34
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I think I have patched the sound problem. I had written some bad code for locating the sound files so the files weren't being found and loaded.

I've given these patches a quick test in FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 and they seem to work. It's getting late now so I am going to bed but I will test them some more tomorrow morning and make full installers.

Just install the patch to the same location as you did with the main installer.

For the demo version:
www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102demopatch.zip

For the full version:
www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip

falcon409
August 31st, 2016, 05:11
Excellent job Anthony!! I now have some amazing sounds to go with this terrific airplane. Thanks for beating the code bug, lol:applause:

Jafo
August 31st, 2016, 05:34
Ant....fixed the sound here [Demo] ...;)

thefrog
August 31st, 2016, 05:50
Brilliant - sound bug fixed here in P3D v3 (demo)
Many thanks

YoYo
August 31st, 2016, 07:33

I think I have patched the sound problem. I had written some bad code for locating the sound files so the files weren't being found and loaded.

I've given these patches a quick test in FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 and they seem to work. It's getting late now so I am going to bed but I will test them some more tomorrow morning and make full installers.

For the demo version:
www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102demopatch.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102demopatch.zip)

For the full version:
www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip)

I can confirm also. Checked and in demo it works! Details are fantastic and no any problems with this many details and FPS. Great job!

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/Prepar3D-_ahxrhwq.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Prepar3D-_ahxrhsh.jpg

btw. pilot has oxygen mask but no any oxygen wire/pipe, is it ok?

Second my problem in demo: I can't operate the power of engine by my throttle (it always is full), I can move it only by mouse.
Is it the feature of demo version? The other my addons work without any problem like this.

The model is present from now in PCAviator too http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=21021&cat=0&page=1 .

ksheadley
August 31st, 2016, 08:47
Got the fix from Ant this morning, also confirm that all works now with the custom sounds in P3Dv3. Amazing package.

WarHorse47
August 31st, 2016, 10:36
There are few things these days that really get me excited. One exception is this aircraft. It is fantastic.

Based on the forum posts and looking at the description and photos on Anthony's website, I took the plunge. After installing and running the patch, I did a short flight to get familiar with the aircraft. I can't believe all the detail.

I never heard of a Winjeel until this morning, and now I'm in love with this little gem. Great job, Anthony.

Cheers.

Anneke
August 31st, 2016, 11:26
Love the plane, but having some trouble to calibrate/set the throttle with the Saitek throttle quadrant. It only goes from zero to full when I move the peripheral throttle and back from full to zero. This in one motion which I can't control and something fights the peripheral throttle. In effect I can only set the throttle in game with the mouse. Anyone?

anthony31
August 31st, 2016, 11:33
Love the plane, but having some trouble to calibrate/set the throttle with the Saitek throttle quadrant. It only goes from zero to full when I move the peripheral throttle and back from full to zero. This in one motion which I can't control and something fights the peripheral throttle. In effect I can only set the throttle in game with the mouse. Anyone?

Hello

Can you please download or redownload the appropriate patch from my website

http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

I have just updated the patch to resolve the throttle issue.

YoYo
August 31st, 2016, 11:38

I have this issue with demo also. You are not only the one ;).
I will download the patch again.

Edit.
Problem solved ! TY.

Timmy74
August 31st, 2016, 12:10
Just a quicky in regards to the install path for P3Dv3....?

I have P3Dv3 on a different drive and when I point the installer -due to it pointing to C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons- to where my copy of P3Dv3 is (F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3) it does not seem to place it where you one would think? ie not like FSX or any other aircraft install in P3Dv3.

That is the there is no Ants Winjeel" entry in "SimObjects/Airplanes"?? It seems to have placed a file called "Ants Winjeel" -which seems to have all these other files in it- in the root Prepar3D folder...!? :dizzy:

Is this correct?

Cheers,
Tim.

YoYo
August 31st, 2016, 12:23

I have P3Dv3 on a different drive and when I point the installer -due to it pointing to C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons- to where my copy of P3Dv3 is (F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3) it does not seem to place it where you one would think? ie not like FSX or any other aircraft install in P3Dv3.

That is the there is no Ants Winjeel" entry in "SimObjects/Airplanes"?? It seems to have placed a file called "Ants Winjeel" -which seems to have all these other files in it- in the root Prepar3D folder...!? :dizzy:

Is this correct?

Cheers,
Tim.

It is ok, install it here: C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons + patch here too only. P3D will ask about activations in the first run.

anthony31
August 31st, 2016, 14:28

Is this correct?

Cheers,
Tim.

Hi Tim, let the P3Dv3 installer put the Winjeel into your My Documents folder. With P3Dv3 Lockheed Martin want developers to not put any add-ons into the program file directory structure. It's a good method in some ways, it's a pain in the butt to program it though.

If you really want to put the Winjeel into your F: directory then I can recommend selecting the Prepar3d v2.x installation option and change the install directory to F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3. This should work, I have done this in testing putting the v2.x version into the v3 root folder and it has worked for me. Make sure you patch it afterwards using the Prepar3D v2.x install and the patch goes into F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3 too.

I am working on a new installer which will allow you to set the install location of P3Dv3 to any location you like. Hopefully I will get that finished by the end of today.

Jafo
August 31st, 2016, 14:38
Ant....fixed the sound here [Demo] ...;)

I should have mentioned....that's in FSXA.....

.....and I really NEED to rush off and buy the full ver.....it's a brilliant piece of craft...;)

Timmy74
August 31st, 2016, 18:17
It is ok, install it here: C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons + patch here too only. P3D will ask about activations in the first run.

Thank you Yo Yo.

Timmy74
August 31st, 2016, 18:18
Hi Tim, let the P3Dv3 installer put the Winjeel into your My Documents folder. With P3Dv3 Lockheed Martin want developers to not put any add-ons into the program file directory structure. It's a good method in some ways, it's a pain in the butt to program it though.

If you really want to put the Winjeel into your F: directory then I can recommend selecting the Prepar3d v2.x installation option and change the install directory to F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3. This should work, I have done this in testing putting the v2.x version into the v3 root folder and it has worked for me. Make sure you patch it afterwards using the Prepar3D v2.x install and the patch goes into F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3 too.

I am working on a new installer which will allow you to set the install location of P3Dv3 to any location you like. Hopefully I will get that finished by the end of today.

Hello Anthony,

Than you for that. Will sort it out tonight when I get home.

Cheers,
Tim.

WarHorse47
August 31st, 2016, 18:50
What is the pronunciation of "Winjeel?" Is it just as it sounds, or is the "j" silent?

Jafo
August 31st, 2016, 18:58
What is the pronunciation of "Winjeel?" Is it just as it sounds, or is the "j" silent?

Win-Geal....like congeal [as in blood]...;)

anthony31
August 31st, 2016, 22:18
WINJEEL VERSION 1.10

Hello All. I have built a new installer for the full version and demo. The full version is on it's way to the retailers so will take a day or two to filter through, I will try to let you know when it's available. The demo is available now.

Version 1.10 fixes the sounds and throttle issues. It also allows P3D v3 users to install the Winjeel anywhere they like. The installer will write the install path to the registry and the Winjeel will use this to find the sound files.

There is a patch for users of the full version available from my website so you can start using V110 straight away. You can also download the V110 demo which is the full version only.

For users of the full version run the V100 installer and then run the V110 patch to the same location.

For P3D v3 users if you want to install to a different location than the default My Documents run the V100 installer, select Prepar3D v3.x version, change the install path to your desired location (I recommend creating a new folder for this, perhaps something like "P3D aircraft", I also do not recommend putting the Winjeel into the Prepar3D program folder simply for neatness sake). The Winjeel will install to this location, then run the V110 patch and point it to the same folder, the installer will run a quick batch file to set the new pathway in P3D. Then run Prepar3D and go flying.

Timmy74
August 31st, 2016, 23:55
Thank you Ant for outstanding service and another one of your fantastic offerings.

I was super excited to hear you were doing a Winjeel (never thought I would ever see one for FSX/P3D) and now "IT'S ALIVE!"

Thank you,
Tim...

Timmy74
September 1st, 2016, 00:40
Hello Anthony,

I have just installed the V102 patch and I seem to still get excessive wind noise and hardly any engine noise in the cockpit. The sound does not change regardless of the canopy either being open or closed or at different speeds ie taxi to flight.
Is it suppose to be this way?

Here is a copy of my first 18 entries of the P3D_prefs.txt. Does it look right?

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
custom_path=
3 VersionMajor
3 VersionMinor
3 BuildMajor
3 BuildMinor
3 scVersionMajor
3 scVersionMinor
0 scBuildMajor
0 scBuildMinor
0 debug_initdirectsound
1 debug_snd_flaps
32 debug_dsound
-1 debug_dsound3d
-1 debug_switch_large
1 debug_init_l_vars

9760 RADIO_MEM_FREQ0
8208 RADIO_MEM_FREQ1
13680 RADIO_MEM_FREQ2

Cheers,
Tim.

anthony31
September 1st, 2016, 13:39
Hello Anthony,

I have just installed the V102 patch and I seem to still get excessive wind noise and hardly any engine noise in the cockpit. The sound does not change regardless of the canopy either being open or closed or at different speeds ie taxi to flight.
Is it suppose to be this way?

Here is a copy of my first 18 entries of the P3D_prefs.txt. Does it look right?

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
custom_path=
3 VersionMajor
3 VersionMinor
3 BuildMajor
3 BuildMinor
3 scVersionMajor
3 scVersionMinor
0 scBuildMajor
0 scBuildMinor
0 debug_initdirectsound
1 debug_snd_flaps
32 debug_dsound
-1 debug_dsound3d
-1 debug_switch_large
1 debug_init_l_vars

9760 RADIO_MEM_FREQ0
8208 RADIO_MEM_FREQ1
13680 RADIO_MEM_FREQ2

Cheers,
Tim.

Hi Tim, it looks like the Flaps sound has loaded but the large switch sound has not. I recommend the following.

Uninstall the WInjeel using Windows Start/Programs/Ants Airplanes/Winjeel/uninstall

Reinstall the Installer.

Download and install the V1.10 patch

Start the sim

Shift+3 for Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 3 Sounds

Ensure the 4 tick boxes to use custom sounds and overall sounds are ticked and the volume levels are set. Click on SAVE. If there is an error message let me know.

Quit the sim and restart.

If there is still a sound problem email/PM me the prefs.txt file and I will have another look.

THibben
September 1st, 2016, 14:46
Are the throttle and propeller control tied together? I use PFC throttle system and anytime I move the throttle the propeller control moves.
I move the throttle forward and the propeller control moves with it. If I then back off the throttle the propeller control doesn't move back with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

anthony31
September 1st, 2016, 21:10
Are the throttle and propeller control tied together? I use PFC throttle system and anytime I move the throttle the propeller control moves.
I move the throttle forward and the propeller control moves with it. If I then back off the throttle the propeller control doesn't move back with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Hi Tom

The throttle and prop should be independent. I read all throttle, prop and mixture events and process them before animating the parts. If the prop is moving it is because the gauge has received a prop event command from somewhere.

If you open the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 2, at the bottom of the page there is a debug mode. Change this to 36 then press shift+1 to open the main panel. On the right side there are a eight entries for CTEMP1 to CTEMP8. CTEMP1 shows the position of the prop lever as it is displayed in the Winjeel. CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 handle the data that has been read in. In most setups CTEMP4 will be zero and CTEMP3 will be between 0 and 32768. I'd be interested in knowing the CTEMP1, CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 values when you move the throttle.

YoYo
September 1st, 2016, 22:43
Is here any paint kit for this bird ?

emfrat
September 1st, 2016, 23:32
Bought and installed this plane this morning, plus the 1.1 patch and it is excellent - definitely a keeper. Sad to say, all the engine controls respond to my CH Yoke+Quad+pedals setup, except the throttle. Mixture and Prop Pitch levers move with the CH inputs. The portside throttle lever first appears (in the VC) in the totally closed position. That's fine. When I move the CH Quad throttle lever to the detent position for startup, the VC lever moves up to the modelled detent position and the tooltip says something like 47%...if I advance the CH lever to full throttle, the VC lever moves accordingly, but when I bring the CH lever back to the startup position, the VC lever will not come below about 36% and the only way to get a sensible taxi speed is to use the keyboard F1/2/3 keys.
My setup:- FSX+A, Win7x64, CH Yoke/Pedals/Quad mapped through FSUIPC. All joystick inputs in Win7 Calibration disabled.

Many thanks Anthony - I have wanted a Winjeel for ages :applause:

sidler
September 2nd, 2016, 04:50
If I would have paid attention to Anthony31 message on Aug 30th at 16.48pm I would have had sound at that moment!!! Instead it took me until yesterday to get sound!:banghead:

p.s. I reinstalled the demo and patches many times. Did not even need the patch!

Dick

falcon409
September 2nd, 2016, 05:36
Bought and installed this plane this morning, plus the 1.1 patch and it is excellent - definitely a keeper. Sad to say, all the engine controls respond to my CH Yoke+Quad+pedals setup, except the throttle. Mixture and Prop Pitch levers move with the CH inputs. The portside throttle lever first appears (in the VC) in the totally closed position. That's fine. When I move the CH Quad throttle lever to the detent position for startup, the VC lever moves up to the modelled detent position and the tooltip says something like 47%...if I advance the CH lever to full throttle, the VC lever moves accordingly, but when I bring the CH lever back to the startup position, the VC lever will not come below about 36% and the only way to get a sensible taxi speed is to use the keyboard F1/2/3 keys.
My setup:- FSX+A, Win7x64, CH Yoke/Pedals/Quad mapped through FSUIPC. All joystick inputs in Win7 Calibration disabled.

Check post #67. . .it might be helpful.

THibben
September 2nd, 2016, 06:42
Hi Tom

The throttle and prop should be independent. I read all throttle, prop and mixture events and process them before animating the parts. If the prop is moving it is because the gauge has received a prop event command from somewhere.

If you open the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 2, at the bottom of the page there is a debug mode. Change this to 36 then press shift+1 to open the main panel. On the right side there are a eight entries for CTEMP1 to CTEMP8. CTEMP1 shows the position of the prop lever as it is displayed in the Winjeel. CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 handle the data that has been read in. In most setups CTEMP4 will be zero and CTEMP3 will be between 0 and 32768. I'd be interested in knowing the CTEMP1, CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 values when you move the throttle.

Hi Anthony,

Here is the data for the prop lever.
ctemp 1 98.425293
ctemp 3 32252.00000
ctemp 4 0

Tom

YoYo
September 2nd, 2016, 12:14
For calibration remember to use this tool. No problem now to use throttle smoothly from 0 to 100%

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Nowy-1JPG_ahxsaha.jpg

btw. the tutorial option is awsome! Something like in DCS. Very well done!

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/CAC-CA-25_ahxsarn.jpg

THibben
September 2nd, 2016, 12:38
Hi Anthony,

Here is the data for the prop lever.
ctemp 1 98.425293
ctemp 3 32252.00000
ctemp 4 0

Tom

I finally got it calibrated just a few minutes ago using FSUIPC. I think I am getting a little slow...grin

Thanks,

Tom

anthony31
September 2nd, 2016, 13:44

Hi, I think you might like to try the calibration page. Shift + 3 for the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 4 and follow the instruction on there. Basically put the throttle in the idle positon and click SET next to closed. The put the throttle in the full position and click SET next to open. Then put the throttle in the indent/detent position (around 75% between idle and full throttle if your throttle doesn't have a indent position) and click SET next to indent. Then click on SAVE so it is stored.

I think from your description that you probably only need to adjust the closed/idle position as the detent and full positions seem to be OK.

Yoyo posted a picture in post #73.

anthony31
September 2nd, 2016, 13:45
I finally got it calibrated just a few minutes ago using FSUIPC. I think I am getting a little slow...grin

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom, has that sorted out the issues you were having? Is the Winjeel working well now?

anthony31
September 2nd, 2016, 13:49
Is here any paint kit for this bird ?

Not yet, I will release a paintkit next week. I will also do a repaint of N107PJ which was the registration that VH-OPJ used when it was in the US.

musterpilot
September 2nd, 2016, 15:07
Just got this little beauty everything works perfect
A great little plane thanks for your efforts in giving us a bit of Australian history

John

THibben
September 2nd, 2016, 15:12
Hi Tom, has that sorted out the issues you were having? Is the Winjeel working well now?

Hi Anthony,

Yes I finally have everything working. I took one short flight with it and it handled very well, the frames were great. It flew smooth as butter.

I do have another question. Is there anyway to print out the entire instruction manual? I have a difficult time flipping back and forth from page to page and I think it would be much easier to be able to print everything out. Especially if you are flying and want to look up something. I did try moving the manual up to a second monitor but it came up all black so I couldn't use it.

Thanks again for another great plane.

Tom

anthony31
September 2nd, 2016, 20:52
Sorry Tom but you can't print out the online manual.

The Pilot's Handbook is available as a PDF and it contains the Normal and Emergency procedures which you can print out. A link should have been put on your desktop or you can find it in the SimObjects/Airplanes/Ants Winjeel folder.

THibben
September 3rd, 2016, 06:24
Sorry Tom but you can't print out the online manual.

The Pilot's Handbook is available as a PDF and it contains the Normal and Emergency procedures which you can print out. A link should have been put on your desktop or you can find it in the SimObjects/Airplanes/Ants Winjeel folder.

Okay.

Thanks,

Tom

YoYo
September 3rd, 2016, 07:17
+1 about the whole manual in pdf also. I'd like to have it in my tablet : ).

BTW.
Anthony is it possible to improve a little shines of canopy (more glass effects outside)?
Sometimes it looks like no any canopy, just empty frames, please see this:

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Nowy-1JPG_ahxqrra.jpg

The animation of rain effect is wonderful.

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/CAC-CA-25_ahxqreh.jpg

griphos
September 3rd, 2016, 08:24
As usual, Anthony has outdone himself (as he does with each new airplane). This one is delightful, has wonderful character (both in terms of VC graphics and flight/system characteristics), and the Shift help panel is a model of completeness and information. Lovely work on that. Thanks for the helpful camera views for familiarization.

Everyone should pick this one up. A steal at the price, and well worth it to support this kind of high-level modeling.

clmooring
September 3rd, 2016, 10:21
Anthony I purchased the Winjeel this morning. Everything seems to work perfectly except the vc click spots. None of the click spots function for me. I checked several other add on planes including the t28 and click spots are functioning normally on all of them. Any suggestions... and sorry if I missed this in the thread somewhere. I read through it but didn't see any click spot issues.

One other minor issue is that control e starts the auto start feature and seems to run through it properly to the point that the engine turns over. but it doesn't start. Should it?

Once again, you have provided a wonderful add-on at a very affordable price.

thanks!!!!

chuck

PS... love the rain effect. Perfect for this morning in Virginia Beach VA. We are having a little tropical blow this morning.

anthony31
September 3rd, 2016, 12:46
Anthony I purchased the Winjeel this morning. Everything seems to work perfectly except the vc click spots. None of the click spots function for me. I checked several other add on planes including the t28 and click spots are functioning normally on all of them. Any suggestions... and sorry if I missed this in the thread somewhere. I read through it but didn't see any click spot issues.

One other minor issue is that control e starts the auto start feature and seems to run through it properly to the point that the engine turns over. but it doesn't start. Should it?

Once again, you have provided a wonderful add-on at a very affordable price.

thanks!!!!

chuck

PS... love the rain effect. Perfect for this morning in Virginia Beach VA. We are having a little tropical blow this morning.

Can you please try the following so I can debug the where the mouse click is breaking down.

First, completely restart your system. I lost mouse clicks when I installed the FSX:SE version and this fixed it for me.

Shift+3 to show Animation Manager - Preferences - click on highlight VC mouse zones. Do you get blue squares where the mouse zones are?

If you mouse over any of these zones does the mouse pointer change to a hand? Do you see a tool tip text? For example, on the G meter do you see the text "Reset Accelerometer" if you hover the mouse over the zone?

Go to page 2 of the Preferences and change Debug mode to 1. Press Shift+1 to show the main panel. On the far right column there is an entry called SIMCON ACTION:. What does this number read?

Click on the G meter reset button. Does the SIMCON ACTION: number change? It should change to 105 when you click on the button and 106 when you release the button.

Let me know the answers to these and we can go from there.

The engine should start after about 2-3 seconds of the starter motor turning the prop. But it won't start if there isn't any fuel in the aircraft, also you should try setting the throttle control manually to the correct position (if you open Animation Manager - Normal Procedures - Pre-Start and move the throttle until the line Throttle - Set 1" open goes green) before using the auto start. See if you can start the aircraft following the procedures manually.

clmooring
September 3rd, 2016, 13:31
Can you please try the following so I can debug the where the mouse click is breaking down.

First, completely restart your system. I lost mouse clicks when I installed the FSX:SE version and this fixed it for me.

Shift+3 to show Animation Manager - Preferences - click on highlight VC mouse zones. Do you get blue squares where the mouse zones are?

If you mouse over any of these zones does the mouse pointer change to a hand? Do you see a tool tip text? For example, on the G meter do you see the text "Reset Accelerometer" if you hover the mouse over the zone?

Go to page 2 of the Preferences and change Debug mode to 1. Press Shift+1 to show the main panel. On the far right column there is an entry called SIMCON ACTION:. What does this number read?

Click on the G meter reset button. Does the SIMCON ACTION: number change? It should change to 105 when you click on the button and 106 when you release the button.

Let me know the answers to these and we can go from there.

The engine should start after about 2-3 seconds of the starter motor turning the prop. But it won't start if there isn't any fuel in the aircraft, also you should try setting the throttle control manually to the correct position (if you open Animation Manager - Normal Procedures - Pre-Start and move the throttle until the line Throttle - Set 1" open goes green) before using the auto start. See if you can start the aircraft following the procedures manually.

Anthony thanks for your quick response. I had exited fs:se and restarted a couple of times before leaving my post. But before you responded, I downloaded the patch even though it didn't seem to address this issue. After running the update, and seems to have fixed the problem. also, if I start the plane in my default flight. then load the winjeel, the auto start works. So I guess I need to mess with my default cold and dark flight.

thanks for your support and the great model.

emfrat
September 3rd, 2016, 23:34
Hi, I think you might like to try the calibration page. Shift + 3 for the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 4 and follow the instruction on there. Basically put the throttle in the idle positon and click SET next to closed. The put the throttle in the full position and click SET next to open. Then put the throttle in the indent/detent position (around 75% between idle and full throttle if your throttle doesn't have a indent position) and click SET next to indent. Then click on SAVE so it is stored.

I think from your description that you probably only need to adjust the closed/idle position as the detent and full positions seem to be OK.

Yoyo posted a picture in post #73.

Ant - Is it possible I have banjaxed my install by over-writing the paid V1.00 download files with the V1.10 update?
These are the timestamps for the files I downloaded:
Timestamps:
AntsWinjeelV100.zip 02092016 0802 AEST
AntsWinjeelV110patch.zip 02092016 1038 AEST
AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip 02092016 1702 AEST

I followed your earlier advice, but while the VC lever will follow my CH Quad lever throttle from 0-100, which lets me set Closed= 0, and detent= my CH lever setting, and Open =100%, when I bring the CH lever back prior to landing, the VC levers will not go below the VC detent setting, which makes it difficult to land - 36% power is a tad too much, over the fence. :running:
It's a great model. and I can work around the problem - but it does seem this is specific to my FSX+A setup, so I would appreciate your help in finding a solution.
ATB, MikeW

anthony31
September 4th, 2016, 00:27
Ant - Is it possible I have banjaxed my install by over-writing the paid V1.00 download files with the V1.10 update?
These are the timestamps for the files I downloaded:
Timestamps:
AntsWinjeelV100.zip 02092016 0802 AEST
AntsWinjeelV110patch.zip 02092016 1038 AEST
AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip 02092016 1702 AEST

I followed your earlier advice, but while the VC lever will follow my CH Quad lever throttle from 0-100, which lets me set Closed= 0, and detent= my CH lever setting, and Open =100%, when I bring the CH lever back prior to landing, the VC levers will not go below the VC detent setting, which makes it difficult to land - 36% power is a tad too much, over the fence. :running:
It's a great model. and I can work around the problem - but it does seem this is specific to my FSX+A setup, so I would appreciate your help in finding a solution.
ATB, MikeW

It's unlikely you've damaged the install, As long as V110 goes last you should be fine.

If you can tell me the following it will help me figure out what's going on exactly.

Press shift+3 to open the Animation Manager, go the Preferences tab and go to page 4 and do the following:

Put your throttle at closed. What is the number next to THROTTLE say?
Put your throttle at the detent position. What is the number next to THROTTLE say?
Put your throttle at the open position. What is the number next to THROTTLE say?

Finally, what are the 3 values you have for Closed, Indent and Open below the THROTTLE number.

YoYo
September 4th, 2016, 22:06
http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/CAC-CA-25_ahnrrqw.jpg

b52bob
September 5th, 2016, 06:53
What a wonderful aircraft and a true work of art. Can't afford many add ons but at that price and quality how could I afford to pass this up. Other developers take note of this price point.

once again Anthony, thank you for your wonderful work.

P.S. everything seems to be working hunky dory.

Adamski_NZ
September 5th, 2016, 16:31
Another gem from Anthony! What an absolute delight it is to fly as well. The animated tutorial is beautifully done too.

I have only one *tiny* request: for some reason, the default "reset [rudder] trim" function doesn't work (in P3Dv3). Hardly realistic, I know, but many sim aircraft have this lazy little command.

Well done, Anthony - it's a great addition to your excellent portfolio.

Adam.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/04/winjeel_02_1350.jpg

anthony31
September 5th, 2016, 22:18
I have just uploaded the paint kit. The link is on my page just above the screenshots at the bottom.

ZsoltB
September 5th, 2016, 22:41
This may be a suitable RAAF nest

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=20925&cat=0&page=1

rlaycock
September 6th, 2016, 01:25
Hi
Hopefully some one can help me
This add on is causing all my controllers (CH joystick throttle and pedals) to be disabled in FSX. Once in the weekend then again tonight.
It starts fine, and I am flying along fine, the suddenly all my controllers are disabled. I honestly cant recall how I got the controllers back in the weekend, but tonight I restarted my computer only to find still no controllers in FSX, so I checked them through CH control panel and all is working fine. Back into FSX, still no controllers. I then checked options in FSX and found the tick box to enable controllers was unchecked. Re ticked it and all controllers are back again.
Please note
I have been using FSX for about 7 years and this has never happened before.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Regards
bob

speedy70
September 6th, 2016, 02:13
Run the latest patch which is for just that fault.

Cheers Chris

anthony31
September 6th, 2016, 12:57
Hi
Hopefully some one can help me
This add on is causing all my controllers (CH joystick throttle and pedals) to be disabled in FSX. Once in the weekend then again tonight.
It starts fine, and I am flying along fine, the suddenly all my controllers are disabled. I honestly cant recall how I got the controllers back in the weekend, but tonight I restarted my computer only to find still no controllers in FSX, so I checked them through CH control panel and all is working fine. Back into FSX, still no controllers. I then checked options in FSX and found the tick box to enable controllers was unchecked. Re ticked it and all controllers are back again.
Please note
I have been using FSX for about 7 years and this has never happened before.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Regards
bob

Hi Bob

That's interesting behaviour. There is a command in FSX called JOYSTICK CALIBRATE which will toggle that tick box to enable controllers. I don't use that command at all though so I'm at a loss to know how the Winjeel is causing it to happen.

Check the keyboard control assignments in FSX (go to Settings/Control/ButtonsKeys in the FSX menu) and look for "Joystick (on/off)" under events. Check if there is a key or joystick button assigned to that command. It's possible your joystick may be sending a false trigger if there is a button assigned.

How many times has this happened? Is there any consistent pattern as to when it happens?

fuzz1
September 6th, 2016, 14:49
I'm continuing to have a blast with this incredible aircraft. Each time I fire it up or do a walkaround I notice even more details. How all this magic can be achieved with virtually no impact in my FSX performance is a true testament to Anthony's optimization skills. Other developers can certainly learn a thing or two here and should take note.

I also noticed the rudder reset command appears inoperative in FSX but assumed this was consciously omitted for the sake of authenticity. Of no consequence to me.

One minor point... I realize the absence of nav radios and adf is a deliberate replication of original specs. Certainly Anthony's thoughtful touch of including 2D GPS and AP popups will be appreciated as a convenience by many that enjoy this equipment. Personally, I don't use GPS and AP for low and slow flying and would therefore welcome the addition (perhaps as part of an expansion pack that I'd buy instantly) of 'retrofitted' nav and/or adf radios. I really enjoy using these nav tools particularly during night or poor weather flights. Any chance of a special modern version incorporating these? I do appreciate authenticity but I'd be surprised if one or two present CA-25 owners did not spring for installing such equipment, perhaps when they also fitted their 4th seat.

Note that the absence of nav equipment does not in the least diminish my enjoyment of this outstanding creation. I just know I'd fly it even more were it equipped as such.

Anyone still on the fence about purchasing this exceptional quality product shouldn't think twice about it. For the low asking price it's worth owning even if such an aircraft is not your thing and you never fly it. Simply exploring all its features and details on the ground is worth the price of admission...to see how it can be done, when it's done right.

rlaycock
September 6th, 2016, 17:09
Hi Bob

That's interesting behaviour. There is a command in FSX called JOYSTICK CALIBRATE which will toggle that tick box to enable controllers. I don't use that command at all though so I'm at a loss to know how the Winjeel is causing it to happen.

Check the keyboard control assignments in FSX (go to Settings/Control/ButtonsKeys in the FSX menu) and look for "Joystick (on/off)" under events. Check if there is a key or joystick button assigned to that command. It's possible your joystick may be sending a false trigger if there is a button assigned.

How many times has this happened? Is there any consistent pattern as to when it happens?

Hi Thanks for the replay.
It has happened 2 times. once in the weekend and again last night.
When it first happened I think I was trying to enable the autopilot with the normal FSX commands e.g. Z Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + H (I think it may have been the Ctrl + H that caused it), however last night I have no idea what caused it to happen, But as I noted, when I went into options, the activate controllers check box was unchecked when I rechecked it the controls came back

anthony31
September 6th, 2016, 21:22
Hi Thanks for the replay.
It has happened 2 times. once in the weekend and again last night.
When it first happened I think I was trying to enable the autopilot with the normal FSX commands e.g. Z Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + H (I think it may have been the Ctrl + H that caused it), however last night I have no idea what caused it to happen, But as I noted, when I went into options, the activate controllers check box was unchecked when I rechecked it the controls came back

Did you get a chance to check if there is a key assignment for "Joystick (on/off)"?

I'm still not sure what my aircraft could be doing that will be causing your controller to activate but FSX is a strange beast and can do strange things.

I will be doing another update before the end of this month. At the moment the things I will looking at tweaking are:

- Rudder trim centring
- Sound when the canopy is open
- Saving the tailwheel setting (locked or unlocked) when the user exits.
- Exterior glass appearance
- Prop disk transparency

YoYo
September 6th, 2016, 22:01
- Rudder trim centring
- Prop disk transparency

Wow! Thank You Anthony! :applause:

rlaycock
September 8th, 2016, 21:00
Did you get a chance to check if there is a key assignment for "Joystick (on/off)"?

I'm still not sure what my aircraft could be doing that will be causing your controller to activate but FSX is a strange beast and can do strange things.

I will be doing another update before the end of this month. At the moment the things I will looking at tweaking are:

- Rudder trim centring
- Prop disk transparency

Hi
I did check the controller assignments, there is no controller button assigned to it. I haven had any time to get back into FSX the last few days but will give it a good testing this weekend.
By the way this is an excellent add on. Are they any repaints available?

Kind regards

Bob

big-mike
September 9th, 2016, 07:57
Anthony,let me say thank you for this wonderful airplane.
It is great,that you keep your prices on this level,even i am able to purchase your fabulous planes---i have them all and that is so much appreciated.
Mike

Adamski_NZ
September 10th, 2016, 06:46
My first repaint for this wonderful little aircraft:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/11/winjeel_nz1078_239_1350.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/11/winjeel_nz1078_901_1350.jpg

I don't think the RNZAF ever had any Winjeels of their own, so I made one up! This one's based on the T-6 Harvard (NZ1078) based at Ardmore.

I'll upload the livery to OzX as soon as I think it's fully debugged.

Adam.

fuzz1
September 10th, 2016, 09:47
Very nice Adam! I'll be looking forward to this one when available. Nice aircraft for getting in and out of some of the challenging NZ strips actually. In fact I've also managed to do very well with it in the Orbx PNG experience Kokoda mountain strips. The CA-25 can be configured for some impressive STOL antics.

Any chance one of our talented artists out there could do a metallic aluminum livery? I think it would really suit this fine bird.

falcon409
September 10th, 2016, 10:43
Terrific job there Adam. I'll await your upload. Actually what also caught my eye was the spectacular scenery in your first shot. What is that scenery?

Adamski_NZ
September 10th, 2016, 18:02
Any chance one of our talented artists out there could do a metallic aluminum livery? I think it would really suit this fine bird.

My next livery will probably be ZK-WNJ, which is predominantly aluminium, so I may have a go at a "clean" one as well.

Terrific job there Adam. I'll await your upload. Actually what also caught my eye was the spectacular scenery in your first shot. What is that scenery?

It's ORBX - around Milford Sound (FTX NZSI+NZMF) - a truly stunning area - that I have yet to visit in RL. Some of the best vegetation placement in the ORBX world is done in NZ, IMHO. It always looks so convincing.

Adam.

Adamski_NZ
September 12th, 2016, 15:56
I've just finished a repaint for Ant's CAC Winjeel (ZK-WJL). The only airworthy (I think) Winjeel in New Zealand:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/13/winjeel_zk_wjl_01_1350.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/13/winjeel_zk_wjl_03_1350.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/13/winjeel_zk_wjl_04_1350.jpg

It can be downloaded from OzX: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5831-ants-airplanes-cac-winjeel-zk-wjl/

The yellow NZ1078 livery is here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5827-ants-airplanes-cac-winjeel-nz1078/

Adam.

WarHorse47
September 12th, 2016, 18:02
I noticed that weights can be added for a copilot or passenger.

Does that mean they would be visible from the external view??

Cheers. :very_drunk:

anthony31
September 12th, 2016, 21:49
I noticed that weights can be added for a copilot or passenger.

Does that mean they would be visible from the external view??

Cheers. :very_drunk:

Sorry, no extra models for passengers. There's a crap load of triangles already, about 328,000, in the model which is a hell of a lot of triangles so in the interests of maintaining framerates I left out the passengers. If it had have put in passengers it would have pushed the triangle count above 400,000.

For version 1.20 I will be adding 3 additional repaints. These will be

N107PJ (the USA registered VH-OPJ)
A85-444 (VH-AGR) camouflage but not an FAC model and
A85-404 (VH-CZE) yellowy/orangey nose, wing tips and tail

Dimus
September 12th, 2016, 23:37
I had no real interest in this aeroplane, however, after reading this thread and having Ant's excellent Trojan series, I went ahead and got this little gem. Anthony, let me offer my congratulations for a model with a great character and a huge immersion factor!

Adamski_NZ
September 12th, 2016, 23:48
For version 1.20 I will be adding 3 additional repaints. These will be

N107PJ (the USA registered VH-OPJ)
A85-444 (VH-AGR) camouflage but not an FAC model and
A85-404 (VH-CZE) yellowy/orangey nose, wing tips and tail

Interesting!!! That's the same rego as ZK-WJL (before it got exported to NZ)!

Is VH-CZE actually A85-443 but painted up as 404?

Adam.

Adamski_NZ
September 13th, 2016, 04:12

Work in progress. Just the SPEC textures to redo and I'll upload it to OzX!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/14/winjeel_silver_01_1280.jpg

Adam.

Timmy74
September 13th, 2016, 04:29
Interesting!!! That's the same rego as ZK-WJL (before it got exported to NZ)!

Is VH-CZE actually A85-443 but painted up as 404?

Adam.

Hello Adam,

A85-442 was the only Winjeel painted in what they called the "Flying Fanta Can" as an experimental training colour and to "fall in" with the new jet trainer the Macchi MB-326 as well as the CT-4.

A84-404 (ZK-WJL) was painted up as the Fanta Can (A85-443) after she landed in NZ.

I hope this helps.

p.s. Love your paints!

Edit: Yes VH-CZE was A85-443 but is painted up as A85-404...confused? Now VH-NTJ (A85-407) is painted up as A85-443 too....

Adamski_NZ
September 13th, 2016, 08:04
Confused? Not half!!:dizzy::D I'll just scrub off all the rego details and stick to bare metal paints!!

Here's the finished thing:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/14/winjeel_zk_wjl_silver_01_1350.jpg

Download from OzX: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5832-ants-airplanes-cac-winjeel-zk-wjl-shiny/

Adam.

Adamski_NZ
September 14th, 2016, 02:29
This one's for Anthony, I think ...

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/14/winjeel_intake_bug_800.jpg

I've searched through all the textures and can't find where these artefacts come from. They occur in all liveries, so I'm presuming they're in the model somewhere. Just rotate the aircraft around (relative to the light source) and you should see them.

This is in P3Dv3, with all combinations of dynamic lighting (settings), HDR and textures: alpha channels, SPEC, SPEC alpha. You name it, I've tried it! HELP!!

Adam.

EDIT: I installed the Winjeel (plus my liveries) into my semi-redundant FSX/DX10 system. All is OK there, so it looks like a P3D shaders problem.

cavaricooper
September 14th, 2016, 12:09
Just couldn't resist another radial.... the screenies look lovely... purchased at Simmarket and will DL and install tonight... to continue my Orbx World tour- Anchorage to Homer and beyond.... the visibility looks great in YT videos....

Are all the little niggles dealt with in the latest installer?

Carl

Maury2008
September 17th, 2016, 04:05
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43082&stc=1
I do not know if this radio can operate as ADFreceiver
The knob on the left allows you to select the ADF function, and frequency can be set to an NDB, but the HSI don't show nay indication.
I 'm wrong?

thefrog
September 17th, 2016, 04:30
I can't find an ADF gauge on the panel. As far as I can see there is only a DI.

Naki
September 24th, 2016, 17:34

For the demo version:
www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102demopatch.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102demopatch.zip)

For the full version:
www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip)

I can't get the engine sound to work in P3Dv3...tried the patch, redownloaded from vendor etc (i have the full aircraft). Works fine in FSX. Any ideas?

rlaycock
September 24th, 2016, 21:32
Hi
How do you install this into P3d V3.2? I would like to install it with all my other add-ons which all go into F:/Prepar3DV3/ SimObjects/Airplanes/
I cant have it on c:/ users etc as it is a relative small SSD with limited space.
when ever I change the directory to F:/ I get a DOS box with some argument error.
I tried using the P3Dv2 installer and changing the path to F:/Prepar3DV3. This installed OK but the compass and autopilot would not work.

I also have FSX on a different boot and it installed fine and the compass and autopilot worked fine, so I know how it should work

Thanks in advance if you can help

Adamski_NZ
September 25th, 2016, 06:18
Hi
How do you install this into P3d V3.2? I would like to install it with all my other add-ons which all go into F:/Prepar3DV3/ SimObjects/Airplanes/
I cant have it on c:/ users etc as it is a relative small SSD with limited space.
when ever I change the directory to F:/ I get a DOS box with some argument error.
I tried using the P3Dv2 installer and changing the path to F:/Prepar3DV3. This installed OK but the compass and autopilot would not work.

I also have FSX on a different boot and it installed fine and the compass and autopilot worked fine, so I know how it should work

Thanks in advance if you can help

Hi Bob ;-)

I had a few abortive attempts as the installer prompts for a folder but doesn't seem to pick up your SimObjects folder from P3D/registry. I took a look at what the batch file does and then did it in a manual way (sort of).

1) I [first] created a folder in P3Dv3 root called "3rd party".
2) I then pointed the installer at that.
3) The installer should create or add an entry to "add-ons.cfg" in Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3.
4) If the installer doesn't create the correct folder structure in "3rd Party", the copy over from wherever it *did* install it. It should look like this:

3rd Party
-- Ants Winjeel
-- -- Content
-- -- -- Effects
-- -- -- Simobjects

It sounds barking mad to do all this, but the advantage is that you can enable/disable add-on aircraft installed in this manner via the P3D in-sim top menu (they show in "Add-ons"). Not that you'd ever want to disable the marvellous Winjeel!

My Winjeel seems to work fine from that location - with no gauges issues and with all sounds (hi Naki!!).

Adam.

EDIT: The ADI needs the "Gyro Insts" switched on to work.

rlaycock
September 25th, 2016, 11:55
Hi Bob ;-)

I had a few abortive attempts as the installer prompts for a folder but doesn't seem to pick up your SimObjects folder from P3D/registry. I took a look at what the batch file does and then did it in a manual way (sort of).

1) I [first] created a folder in P3Dv3 root called "3rd party".
2) I then pointed the installer at that.
3) The installer should create or add an entry to "add-ons.cfg" in Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3.
4) If the installer doesn't create the correct folder structure in "3rd Party", the copy over from wherever it *did* install it. It should look like this:

3rd Party
-- Ants Winjeel
-- -- Content
-- -- -- Effects
-- -- -- Simobjects

It sounds barking mad to do all this, but the advantage is that you can enable/disable add-on aircraft installed in this manner via the P3D in-sim top menu (they show in "Add-ons"). Not that you'd ever want to disable the marvellous Winjeel!

My Winjeel seems to work fine from that location - with no gauges issues and with all sounds (hi Naki!!).

Adam.

EDIT: The ADI needs the "Gyro Insts" switched on to work.

Thanks for the reply Adam
I tried several times to install into F/: P3D_Adons but it always comes up with a DOS box and an error message about some invalid argument (As normal I did not take much notice of the message)

Never actually tried it in F/: P3D root however. I will give that a go tonight.
Also thanks for the tip re the "Gyro Insts" switch. Perhaps this is on by default in my FSX install, so I never checked it when I installed into P3D V3 using the P3D v2 installer.
Please note it installed ok using the P3D V2 option, (pointing to P3D V3 folder) All the sounds etc. worked but I had no ADI or autopilot. I will give that a go 1st tonight as it sounds easier that the other option.

Any idea why this one add-on does not want to install into P3DV3/Simobject/Airplanes/ like all the hundreds of other add-ons we have?

Thanks
Bob

anthony31
September 25th, 2016, 21:41
Thanks for the reply Adam
I tried several times to install into F/: P3D_Adons but it always comes up with a DOS box and an error message about some invalid argument (As normal I did not take much notice of the message)

Never actually tried it in F/: P3D root however. I will give that a go tonight.
Also thanks for the tip re the "Gyro Insts" switch. Perhaps this is on by default in my FSX install, so I never checked it when I installed into P3D V3 using the P3D v2 installer.
Please note it installed ok using the P3D V2 option, (pointing to P3D V3 folder) All the sounds etc. worked but I had no ADI or autopilot. I will give that a go 1st tonight as it sounds easier that the other option.

Any idea why this one add-on does not want to install into P3DV3/Simobject/Airplanes/ like all the hundreds of other add-ons we have?

Thanks
Bob

If there is an error message then it would help greatly if you would post it.

Why does it not want to install into P3DV3? Because Lockheed Martin said so. The question is why don't all the other add-ons follow Lockheed Martin's recommended distribution method? Trust me, it would have made my life a lot easier to just install it to the root folder but silly me decided to follow LM's direction.

Whatever you do, do not install the P3DV3 Winjeel into the root P3D folder. The file structure is different and this should not be done. If you want the Winjeel in the root P3D V3 folder then select the P3D V2 version and point the directory to the P3D V3 folder.

I will explain exactly what happens with the P3D V3 installer.

1. The install location will default to Documents/Prepar3D v3 addons
2. You can change this to any location you like, just don't make it the root P3D folder. You could make a new folder F:P3D addons for example and install the Winjeel there.
3. The installer will create a registry key for this location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ants Airplanes\Winjeel\P3Dv3_path
4. After the files have been installed a batch file will be run.
5. The batch file will look in the registry for the Prepar3D folder and then run P3D with some command line entries. The command line entries will tell P3D where the Winjeel has been installed and P3D will add this information to it's add-on.xml file so P3D can find the Winjeel.

anthony31
September 25th, 2016, 21:52
Winjeel V120 patch available

The latest patch is available from www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip)

If there are no problems with this patch then the full version will be distributed to retailers.

The patch should be installed after installing the full retail version (the patch will not work for the demo model, a new full version will be released shortly for the demo). Basically though, whatever version (V100 or V110) and with whatever patches you have already installed the V120 patch will completely update it.

Changes are:
- 4 new repaints
NX107PJ US version of VH-OPJ (A85-439)
A85-404 modern orange highlights
A85-444 modern camo
A85-364 prototype paint on vintage model
- Fixed rudder trim centre command
- Stores tailwheel locked/unlocked from last used. If aircraft loads in the air tailwheel will be locked.
- Changed prop model switching conditions
- Made exterior canopy glass more visible
- Made engine sounds when canopy or windows open more audible
- Fixed texturing problem on underside of air intake in P3D
- Fixed spelling and various text errors in Animation Manager
- Fixed wing leveller button in autopilot 2D gauge
- Changes to information in prefs and engine_wear save files
- Fixed various XML syntax errors in models and gauges
- Added systems text to this manual
- Fixed left over text in this manual

anthony31
September 25th, 2016, 21:56
I can't get the engine sound to work in P3Dv3...tried the patch, redownloaded from vendor etc (i have the full aircraft). Works fine in FSX. Any ideas?

Please download the V120 patch:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip

If the sound still doesn't work then in the Winjeel press shift+3 to show the Animation Manager, select Preferences and click on Save. Then go to My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel and send the file P3D_prefs.txt to me. (support at antsairplanes.com)

anthony31
September 25th, 2016, 21:58
I do not know if this radio can operate as ADFreceiver
The knob on the left allows you to select the ADF function, and frequency can be set to an NDB, but the HSI don't show nay indication.
I 'm wrong?

That radio will not operate as an ADF (there is no indicator for it anyway). It is just for show.

Adamski_NZ
September 26th, 2016, 17:27
Anthony - thanks for the fixes! I don't see that blob on the engine intake now :)

However - my SHIFT-3 Control Panel is all messed up: the background pic never goes away. Does anyone else get this?

I'm going to do a complete/clean reinstall of the Winjeel to see if it clears up.

Talking of which ...

When installing for P3DV3, the installer says it will install to the USERS folder. If so, why do we get the option to point to a folder? I really don't want add-ons installing in my C:\ drive as that's my OS partition which I want to keep small for backup purposes etc. Also - my main P3D install is on a separate SSD drive, so I'd like verything there, if possible!

Adam.

UPDATE: A reinstall fixed the CP :).
Just re-reading my "installer" comments. This time, I just let the installer put things where *it* wanted (though I don't like too much stuff in my USERS folder). All worked fine including the update. From memory, however, I seem to remember that if you point the installer to anywhere in the P3D folder (Root, "Simobjects/Airplanes" or "3rd Party") then the installer batch file errors and you end up with some stuff in USERS and some wherever you tried to install to).

YoYo
September 26th, 2016, 21:19
Winjeel V120 patch available

The latest patch is available from www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip)

If there are no problems with this patch then the full version will be distributed to retailers.

The patch should be installed after installing the full retail version (the patch will not work for the demo model, a new full version will be released shortly for the demo). Basically though, whatever version (V100 or V110) and with whatever patches you have already installed the V120 patch will completely update it.

Changes are:
- 4 new repaints
NX107PJ US version of VH-OPJ (A85-439)
A85-404 modern orange highlights
A85-444 modern camo
A85-364 prototype paint on vintage model
- Fixed rudder trim centre command
- Stores tailwheel locked/unlocked from last used. If aircraft loads in the air tailwheel will be locked.
- Changed prop model switching conditions
- Made exterior canopy glass more visible
- Made engine sounds when canopy or windows open more audible
- Fixed texturing problem on underside of air intake in P3D
- Fixed spelling and various text errors in Animation Manager
- Fixed wing leveller button in autopilot 2D gauge
- Changes to information in prefs and engine_wear save files
- Fixed various XML syntax errors in models and gauges
- Added systems text to this manual
- Fixed left over text in this manual

Thank You !!! :applause:

anthony31
September 26th, 2016, 21:43
When installing for P3DV3, the installer says it will install to the USERS folder. If so, why do we get the option to point to a folder? I really don't want add-ons installing in my C:\ drive as that's my OS partition which I want to keep small for backup purposes etc. Also - my main P3D install is on a separate SSD drive, so I'd like verything there, if possible!

You can change this directory to anything you like wherever you like. Just don't make it the Prepar3D v3 folder.

It will default to the location C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons because this is a folder that Prepar3D v3 has created as the default folder for add-ons (although no one but me seems to use this)

I have installed the Winjeel to a folder called figgleworth and once to a folder F:Airplanes. Put it anywhere you like (except the Prepar3D v3 program folder).

If you want to install the Winjeel to the Prepar3D v3 folder like any other aircraft then select Prepar3D v2 as the installer.

anthony31
September 26th, 2016, 21:49
I have updated the patch V120 so please download again if you have already installed it.

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip)

It fixes these issues:
- gauge not running properly in Windows XP.
- 2 textures in the P3D v3 version not installing to the correct location.

It is also about 40MB smaller (so 112MB in size) as I have reorganised some things in the installer which allows the generated file to be smaller (which is how I stuffed up the 2 textures not installing to the correct location).

When I am satifisfied that this patch is working correctly I will rename it as V121 and upload the full installer programs to the retailers (again the full installer will be smaller than previous versions due to the new way I organised the files in the installer program).

Adamski_NZ
September 27th, 2016, 00:37
You can change this directory to anything you like wherever you like. Just don't make it the Prepar3D v3 folder.

It will default to the location C:\Users\<user name="">\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons because this is a folder that Prepar3D v3 has created as the default folder for add-ons (although no one but me seems to use this)

I have installed the Winjeel to a folder called figgleworth and once to a folder F:Airplanes. Put it anywhere you like (except the Prepar3D v3 program folder).

If you want to install the Winjeel to the Prepar3D v3 folder like any other aircraft then select Prepar3D v2 as the installer.

I'll keep mine in C:\ for now, but may reinstall when the little patches have bedded down!

Just one question, though ... I think LM also recommends putting add-ons in "3rd Party" (but nobody likes it there either LOL). This folder lives in P3D root - but well away from the usual Simobjects location. Would installing it in "3rd Party" cause problems? If so, I'll just put the Winjeel in a folder outside, but on the same drive/SSD.

Adam.

</user>

cavaricooper
September 27th, 2016, 02:46
Adam-

Looking forward to Anthony's reply as well... My C:\ is an OS only M2 drive, and I too woul like to uninstall and have all on the S:\ drive (SSD) I use for P3D. Additionally, I'd like to keep it tidy under P3D\3rd Party if that would work.....

Fingers x'ed Anthony!

Best- Carl

anthony31
September 27th, 2016, 13:21
LM recommend the installation directory for add-ons be either:

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\<Company Name>

or

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3d v3 Files\add-ons

Using the later pathway will mean add-ons will be automatically detected which is what I used although the way I have set it up means that you can install the Winjeel to any folder you like.

I don't have a "3rd party" folder in my Prepar3D folder and I can't find any mention of it in the SDK so I'm unsure how the Winjeel would work in there. I install files into effects folder and Simobjects so does the file structure in "3rd party" mirror that? Or does the file structure in "3rd party" look more like the one below? ie Individual addon folders with each folder having an add-on.xml file? If so then you can point the installer to the "3rd party" folder and install the Winjeel there. If not, then I wouldn't recommend it as I don't know anything about this folder (and can find no mention of it).

The file structure that Winjeel version P3D v3 will install is this:

Ants Winjeel
Content
Effects
Simobjects
add-on.xml (this file tells P3D the file structure)
P3D_install.bat (a batch file run during the install process to update the add-ons.cfg with the file location)
Uninstall Ants Winjeel P3Dv3.exe

The add-ons.cfg file is found here:
C:ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v3

This is what my add-ons.cfg looks like:
[Package.0]
PATH="F:\Winjeel\Ants Winjeel"
TITLE=Ants Winjeel
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

As you can see it points to the Ants Winjeel pathway, from here P3D will read the add-on.xml and from there it will read the necessary files.

If you want to keep the P3D v3 Winjeel in the Prepar3D folder then you could create a new folder in the Prepar3D folder (maybe call it add-ons) and install the Winjeel to that and should work fine in that case.

cavaricooper
September 27th, 2016, 13:38
Anthony-

If I uninstall and then get a new DL today, will that DL have all the fixes/updates to date?

Carl

Adamski_NZ
September 27th, 2016, 21:44
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/09/28/winjeel_120_29_1350.jpg

The proof of the pudding!!! The blemish-free Winjeel running from outside the P3D root folder ;-)

Apologies, Anthony - the installer works quite correctly and with no errors in the batch file. I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong last time, but I'm sure it was "user error". The "3rd Party" folder, it turns out, was created by an IRIS addon. As IRIS also did some of the default P3D aircraft, I presumed that folder was some sort of "official" location. I do remember lots of discussion about the pros and cons of installing outside P3D root, but they probably didn't refer to a *specific* location at all - I must have made that up!

Anyway ... for the benefit of others, this was my procedure:

1) Create a folder on the same drive/same level as the root P3D folder - ie. [your drive here]:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3_Addons
2) Point the installer (and subsequent patch installers) at that folder.
3) That's it! Everything should be automatically set up, but if you want to disable the Winjeel temporarily, you can access it from within P3D in Options/Add-ons.

Apologies again for complicating what was, after all, quite a simple operation!

Adam.

anthony31
September 27th, 2016, 21:45
Anthony-

If I uninstall and then get a new DL today, will that DL have all the fixes/updates to date?

Carl

Not yet. Probably later today or tomorrow I will send the new full installer to the retailers. For the moment you can install either V100 or V110 and download the patch at:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip

anthony31
September 28th, 2016, 13:56
VERSION 1.21 AVAILABLE

This patch is functionally identical to the last V1.20 patch but I thought I'd just change it to V1.21 to make it clear it is the last patch. I don't expect any more patches will be needed in the near future (fingers crossed).

Patch for full payware version:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV121patch.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV121patch.zip)

Demo version has been updated as well:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelDemo.zip (http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelDemo.zip)

Links are also available on the product page:

www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html (http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html)

I will now send the full installers to the retailers so within the next few days you can download the full installer from your retailer account.

YoYo
September 28th, 2016, 22:06
Thx Anthony ! :applause:

Fireball6
September 29th, 2016, 06:04
Thank you very much Anthony - great support for a great addon :applause:

ATB Dirk

Timmy74
September 30th, 2016, 17:07
Hello Anthony,

I would just like to write a most warm and a truly deserved "thank you" to you for creating this aircraft for our flight sim platforms.

You went out on a limb for an aircraft that is not that well known to the outside world of Australia and I am truly grateful for that. For you have recreated an aircraft that is a such a joy to fly and the attention to detail is outstanding!

I take my hat off to you, and again I can not thank you enough.

Forever grateful,

Tim.

Flyboy208
September 30th, 2016, 17:23
+1 :applause: Mike

griphos
May 13th, 2017, 08:45
Took this very nice airplane out for a spin today (it's been a while since I've flown at all). Everything worked very well, except I can't get the darned trim wheel to behave. Has a mind of its own. Won't stay put no matter what I do. Makes it impossible to fly, of course.

I don't have this problem with any other plane. I checked my control assignments carefully, though, and removed any controller reference for elevator trim to any other controller other than two buttons on my CH quadrant that I use to control trim on every plane. But problem remains. Switch planes, no problem.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else have this issue?

It wasn't this way the first times I flew it, and I haven't changed anything in the meantime that I know about.

EDIT: Well, never mind. I have no idea what the issue was. But after switching planes, and then shutting down P3D and restarting with a different plane, then switching on the ramp to the Winjeel, all is well. I'll try starting up again with the Winjeel as my initial plane choice (which is the situation where it first happened), and see if the problem recurs.
First, I'm just going to fly it around Orcas Island a bit and enjoy it.

thefrog
May 13th, 2017, 09:43
Took this very nice airplane out for a spin today (it's been a while since I've flown at all). Everything worked very well, except I can't get the darned trim wheel to behave. Has a mind of its own. Won't stay put no matter what I do. Makes it impossible to fly, of course.

I don't have this problem with any other plane. I checked my control assignments carefully, though, and removed any controller reference for elevator trim to any other controller other than two buttons on my CH quadrant that I use to control trim on every plane. But problem remains. Switch planes, no problem.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else have this issue?

It wasn't this way the first times I flew it, and I haven't changed anything in the meantime that I know about.

EDIT: Well, never mind. I have no idea what the issue was. But after switching planes, and then shutting down P3D and restarting with a different plane, then switching on the ramp to the Winjeel, all is well. I'll try starting up again with the Winjeel as my initial plane choice (which is the situation where it first happened), and see if the problem recurs.
First, I'm just going to fly it around Orcas Island a bit and enjoy it.

Was the Autopilot on maybe?

griphos
May 13th, 2017, 10:56
I don't think it has an autopilot. But, the problem was that the trim wheel would travel to its limits as if some control was continually sending an input to it. So, not autopilot behavior. I could try to adjust the wheel, either manually in the VC or with my controller, and it would respond, but as soon as I stopped trying to adjust, it would start spinning merrily to its limit. Very strange.