PDA

View Full Version : A complaint for the addon 'P-35A Restored'

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
August 28th, 2016, 05:16
When i was installing this addon for use with Fs2004, Norton antivirus sprung into action saying it was a bloody virus and security risk and removed it!
Got any ideas for this? :banghead:

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
August 28th, 2016, 05:31
FYI, Norton removed the actual mdl file.

lemonadedrinker
August 28th, 2016, 08:21
Remove Norton from your computer and use other virus finders, such as Malwarebytes.

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
August 28th, 2016, 14:30
Figured it out, had to restore and exclude the file from the Norton antivirus library.

Mick
August 29th, 2016, 05:09
Norton has done this to me many times over the years. At least it won't do it again for the same file once you restore and exclude it from future scans. I don't recall it doing this to newly downloaded or newly installed aircraft very often, if at all. What usually happens is that after not doing it at all for many months, suddenly a system scan will do it to a number of model files all at once, models that have been installed for months without triggering anything in numerous previous scans. Very annoying! But at least it doesn't happen very often.

Tom Clayton
September 1st, 2016, 13:50
I haven't run Norton in years. My work 'puter has McAfee, and I hate that too. Both are resource hogs. MS Security Essentials has been all I've needed in the years that I've had this laptop.

gastonj
September 1st, 2016, 23:28
I haven't run Norton in years. My work 'puter has McAfee, and I hate that too. Both are resource hogs. MS Security Essentials has been all I've needed in the years that I've had this laptop.

+1, i agree!

JMC