PDA

View Full Version : FSX uninstall

SSI01
August 12th, 2016, 17:07
What specifically is the proper way to uninstall FSX? I've put in disk 1 in an attempt to get the process started; so far I've gotten the installer saying it's read the disk and started the "install" process, which I don't want. The screen is a dark blue featureless thing. The disk has been reading frantically for about 25 minutes now but with no action. Should I have put disk 2 in first? There are no clear directions at all on the package re: this process.

I should mention I have a question to ask - is it normal for someone who's taken step one as described above to open their control panel in Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium Edition, go to Programs and Features/Uninstall or Change a Program - and not find FSX in the list of installed programs even though I've not given any commands to the computer as the result of the above step? It never did anything except to give the blank screen as described above. I also note in the installation section of the instruction booklet there are instructions for installing the sim into Windows XP and Windows Vista, but nothing in Windows 7. How on earth could I be running this thing for many months prior to this, and without the disks in the machine, with no indication of the sim being in the Program list in the Control Panel?

airtj
August 13th, 2016, 05:52
Do you have acceleration installed, if so I think acceleration shows up in Programs and Features instead of FSX. You can get freeware programs that can uninstall programs that don't show up in the list. One that I like is from Piriform called CCleaner, once installed look for the tab called tools and then find uninstall and it list the programs that can be uninstalled from the computer.

http://www.piriform.com/promo/ccleaner-100314?gclid=CMnh_63Evs4CFQ-EaQodTk0O2Q