PDA

View Full Version : HMS Bounty Work Boat - The Launch

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2016, 05:36
Reviving discussion of the Bounty's work boat - the Launch - as Nigel is getting back to texturing this infamous craft.

I started this project back when HMS Bounty was awaiting her exterior colors - thank you very much Nigel. :-)

The plans for the Launch came from Anatomy of the Ship - HMS Bounty by John McKay, published by Conway Maritime Express. (Available thru a web search)

After the Admiralty purchased the Bethia on 27 May 1787, she was moved to Deptford yard to begin fitting for her purposeful voyage under her new name, HM Armed Vessel Bounty.

Lt. Bligh was assigned to command the vessel on 26 August and began to supervise her fitting.

Skipping forward to the topic at hand, I have attached an excerpt from the publication regarding the ship's boats, and the drawing from which the Launch was modeled.

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2016, 05:41
In addition, I found a few nice model pictures and drawings online of the Launch and used them for casual reference.

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2016, 05:45
With these things in hand, I felt I could proceed with modeling.

Here are a few wireframes of the Launch that show basic construction bones.

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2016, 05:51
Once the basic model is completed, I explored texture mapping techniques and got her in the sims (FS9 and FSX) with a working FM similar to the one used for HMS Bounty. She has has the same basic sail management program and requires winds to move.

Textures shown are temporary from an earlier mapping.

zswobbie1
August 7th, 2016, 05:55
Great to see this happening.
Thanks, Milton.

Cheers,
Robin

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2016, 06:00
We have since added provisions, oars, anchor, and other necessities to the interior, remapped to Nigel's specs, and now she is in the paint shop.

We also created a variant with asymmetric sails as are commonly used in the northern regions.

nigel richards
August 7th, 2016, 07:33
We have since added provisions, oars, anchor, and other necessities to the interior, remapped to Nigel's specs, and now she is in the paint shop.

We also created a variant with asymmetric sails as are commonly used in the northern regions.

She is indeed now in the paint shop, and once again; all that remapping of individual interior formers must have been a major 'chore'!

Much appreciated, Skipper; will add enormously to light/shadow potential and woodgrain variations. :-)

Wing_Z
August 7th, 2016, 12:21
Quite a leap of faith, modeller to painter, to embark on that revision!
Well worth it by the look of it...

Nice to see the model progression, how many polygons go into a Work Boat?

Motormouse
August 7th, 2016, 13:49
Now to recreate the journey 3500 miles in the launch methinks.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutiny_on_the_Bounty

Ttfn

Pete

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2016, 16:11
Quite a leap of faith, modeller to painter, to embark on that revision!
Well worth it by the look of it...

Nice to see the model progression, how many polygons go into a Work Boat?

Poly count is just under 7000 right now ... without a human contingent. Have not decided what to do there yet. :dizzy:

EDIT: Suggestions welcomed. I have poly room for 4-6 figures at least, maybe up to 10 but that would be one heckuva texturing challenge.

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2016, 18:31
Here are some similarly rigged boats to the asymmetrical sail variant. There are also some interesting YouTube videos of these boats in operation.

Milton Shupe
August 9th, 2016, 06:43

Ttfn

Pete

Pete, oh my, with fair winds I can see averaging 10 knots or 350 hours, or 14.5 days. Hmmmm, who has the tiller, Mate?

vonernsk
August 9th, 2016, 07:31
How about a crew of:

Cap'n Bligh hisself
Ships cat
Matelots x 3
and open bullion trunk filled with 'pieces of eight'

?

And name it the 'Jolly Shupe'

Anyone got groats for grog . . . . ?

Nicely executed Milton!

Mal

Milton Shupe
August 9th, 2016, 16:32
How about a crew of:

Cap'n Bligh hisself
Ships cat
Matelots x 3
and open bullion trunk filled with 'pieces of eight'

?

And name it the 'Jolly Shupe'

Anyone got groats for grog . . . . ?

Nicely executed Milton!

Mal

Thank you Mal. I had to look up Matelot (shows where my career was not) :-)

I seriously doubt Christian Fletcher would give up the only working feline aboard ship. His female companion was more about pleasure than housekeeping.

Models for humans are difficult to do, and hard to texture well, but I will investigate the possibilities.

As for the grog, 'tis stowed just forward of the main mast on the starboard side.

vonernsk
August 14th, 2016, 12:34
Milton,

T'is all but a jest. A cask of grog will suffice and a following wind to the Spice Islands.

Love your work and talent.

Mal

Milton Shupe
August 16th, 2016, 19:13

Ttfn

Pete

Pete,

Thinking about that 3500 mile trip with 19 souls aboard, the article states:

" ... 19 men were crowded into the launch, leaving it dangerously low in the water with only seven inches of freeboard."

Can you imagine only 7" above the water-line in open seas? Not sure how they weathered the storms.

Sascha66
August 17th, 2016, 08:59
Pete,

Thinking about that 3500 mile trip with 19 souls aboard, the article states:

" ... 19 men were crowded into the launch, leaving it dangerously low in the water with only seven inches of freeboard."

Can you imagine only 7" above the water-line in open seas? Not sure how they weathered the storms.

Literally bailing and pumping for their lives I suppose. Did the launch have a deck over the bow section?

Sascha66
August 17th, 2016, 09:02
Poly count is just under 7000 right now ... without a human contingent. Have not decided what to do there yet. :dizzy:

EDIT: Suggestions welcomed. I have poly room for 4-6 figures at least, maybe up to 10 but that would be one heckuva texturing challenge.

How about Captain Bligh standing at the tiller, one sailor in the bow standing up with a telescope, scanning the horizon, two sailors manning the lines (assuming the boat is sailing) and2-4 guy just sitting (maybe with an optional sun-sail)?

Alternatively there could be six guys rowing, + tiller and lookout (I wish!). Rowers could all be the same, but of course the animation would be nasty.

Sascha

Milton Shupe
August 17th, 2016, 14:09
Literally bailing and pumping for their lives I suppose. Did the launch have a deck over the bow section?

Apparently the plans for the model ship and boats showed the deck over the bow section.

The plan I used, supposedly the original launch plan, did not show the deck. However, the launch was redesigned by Bligh when the 3 boats were replaced by two and they made the Launch slightly longer as a work boat.

Milton Shupe
August 17th, 2016, 14:22
How about Captain Bligh standing at the tiller, one sailor in the bow standing up with a telescope, scanning the horizon, two sailors manning the lines (assuming the boat is sailing) and2-4 guy just sitting (maybe with an optional sun-sail)?

Alternatively there could be six guys rowing, + tiller and lookout (I wish!). Rowers could all be the same, but of course the animation would be nasty.

Sascha

LOL Yes, that would be a 30K poly challenge for sure. Probably take 3 months to get it all together, textured, and animated, with appropriate custom xml to show/hide figures. Of course, some would rather have a kid and fishing pole casting off the bow, and Dad at the tiller. Others just want quiet seclusion leisurely cruising around the lake. :-)

Paul Domingue
August 17th, 2016, 15:11
I should pay more attention. Great addition to your superb model of the Bounty Milton. Will you be model Cpt. Bligh and his loyal men sitting in the boat?
For those interested in the history and have not read the trilogy by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall (1932) I highly recommend it. By far of the three, Mutiny on the Bounty, Men Against the Sea and Pitcairn Island, Men Against the Sea is the best of the three. It will give you a whole different perspective on the man Bligh. Their voyage after being cast off from the Bounty is an epic story of survival that I doubt few people could accomplish today.

Penzoil3
August 17th, 2016, 15:30
Found the trilogy at Project Gutenberg Australia. http://gutenberg.net.au/plusfifty-n-z.html.
Free e-books...:encouragement:
Looking forward to this nice addition to the beautiful Bounty !
Sue

Paul Domingue
August 17th, 2016, 17:14
Found the trilogy at Project Gutenberg Australia. http://gutenberg.net.au/plusfifty-n-z.html.
Sue

Because of the age of publication it is in the public domain. I wouldn't mind reading it again. Is it in Kindle version?
On another note, if you like high seas adventures I highly recommend Patrick O'Brien's Aubrey/Maturin series. Look it up and when you start reading it you will through rocks at Hollywood.

Milton Shupe
August 18th, 2016, 05:01
Sue

Oh Wow! Thanks Sue :jump:

I started reading Men Against the Sea last night; on Chapter 10 now.

Charles NORDHOFF (1887-1947) and James Norman HALL (1887-1951)

The Bounty Trilogy (Wyeth Edition, 1945)
Comprising the Three Volumes:
* Mutiny on the Bounty (1932)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800401.txt)--ZIP (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800401.zip)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800401h.html)
* Men Against the Sea (1933)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800411.txt)--ZIP (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800411.zip)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800411h.html)
* Pitcairn's Island (1934)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800421.txt)--ZIP (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800421.zip)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800421h.html)

Sascha66
August 18th, 2016, 05:27
Sue

Thanks for the HU!

Sascha66
August 18th, 2016, 05:44
Sue

Just downloaded and I see I read these as a boy of about 12 ... Will be great to delve back in time!

Milton Shupe
August 18th, 2016, 07:51
Just downloaded and I see I read these as a boy of about 12 ... Will be great to delve back in time!

Just completed the first book, Men Against the Sea; great read, and highly recommended. It gave me a whole new respect for Captain Bligh, the men and the Launch.

Seahawk72s
August 21st, 2016, 15:29
With the launch sailing qualities some what different from that of the Bounty, can you tell us how you think that
will be approached and implemented..? I can appreciate that this is undiscovered territory (I think) and would enjoy
the logic behind it. :ernaehrung004:

Milton Shupe
August 21st, 2016, 15:58
With the launch sailing qualities some what different from that of the Bounty, can you tell us how you think that
will be approached and implemented..? I can appreciate that this is undiscovered territory (I think) and would enjoy
the logic behind it. :ernaehrung004:

The logic is of course complicated, at least to me.

Rob Barendregt programmed the Bounty logic to get the responses we wanted based on wind direction and speed with respect to ship direction and speed, and number of (and which) sails deployed, and angle of sails to the wind. Each of the sails contribute to a reaction of the ship to yaw, roll, and speed.

There are other factors, responses, and limits built into the logic as well, too many to recall without getting back into it.

If you have some specific response differences you think should be considered, lay them out here.

Right now, I am simply using the Bounty logic but will be adjusting it to allow for a lighter weight, smaller vessel.

Seahawk72s
August 21st, 2016, 18:11
The logic is of course complicated, at least to me.

Rob Barendregt programmed the Bounty logic to get the responses we wanted based on wind direction and speed with respect to ship direction and speed, and number of (and which) sails deployed, and angle of sails to the wind. Each of the sails contribute to a reaction of the ship to yaw, roll, and speed.

There are other factors, responses, and limits built into the logic as well, too many to recall without getting back into it.

If you have some specific response differences you think should be considered, lay them out here.

Right now, I am simply using the Bounty logic but will be adjusting it to allow for a lighter weight, smaller vessel.

Thankyou to Rob for his hard work. Understanding a little of the logic factors gives an even greater appreciation when sailing her.

I was thinking that with the fore and aft launch sail layout she would be more maneuverable, sail closer to the wind, and able to tack when needed.

Milton Shupe
August 21st, 2016, 18:30
Thankyou to Rob for his hard work. Understanding a little of the logic factors gives an even greater appreciation when sailing her.

I was thinking that with the fore and aft launch sail layout she would be more maneuverable, sail closer to the wind, and able to tack when needed.

The Launch will do this already. She has no problems tacking through. :wiggle:

Seahawk72s
August 22nd, 2016, 06:54
I realize this question is a bit late but I'm wondering what leeway there will be in being able to paint different variations?
I addition to different hull textures, seats, thwarts, fore deck, masts, etc?

Milton Shupe
August 22nd, 2016, 07:10
I realize this question is a bit late but I'm wondering what leeway there will be in being able to paint different variations?
I addition to different hull textures, seats, thwarts, fore deck, masts, etc?

You can paint her any way you like. She's mapped just like any aircraft. Nigel will likely provide a paint kit.

nigel richards
August 23rd, 2016, 02:06
You can paint her any way you like. She's mapped just like any aircraft. Nigel will likely provide a paint kit.

Yes, a fully layered paintkit will be available following completion. The options for both wooden and painted finishes will be provided.

Right now, we're 'building in' some generic light/shading/cast shadows for Extra depth. :-)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42235&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42236&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42237&stc=1

Seahawk72s
August 25th, 2016, 08:07
I imagine in the VC one will be sitting on either one side or the other of the stern with the tiller in the opposite hand..?
Would it be possible to incorporate an additional box compass on the floor boards or just in front of the helmsmans to increase the realism..?
A school I worked at had a similar setup for its boats.

That is one thing I miss with the Bounty, that there is no binnacle in the VC.

Milton Shupe
August 25th, 2016, 08:24
I imagine in the VC one will be sitting on either one side or the other of the stern with the tiller in the opposite hand..?
Would it be possible to incorporate an additional box compass on the floor boards or just in front of the helmsmans to increase the realism..?
A school I worked at had a similar setup for its boats.

That is one thing I miss with the Bounty, that there is no binnacle in the VC.

Surely possible and will do.

The Bounty has a binnacle, just no compass in it. Not sure why I did not do that other than it is so hard to see clearly.

Seahawk72s
August 25th, 2016, 11:12
Surely possible and will do.

The Bounty has a binnacle, just no compass in it. Not sure why I did not do that other than it is so hard to see clearly.

I'd never seen a binnacle that was enclosed within a cabinet.

Milton Shupe
August 25th, 2016, 11:58
I'd never seen a binnacle that was enclosed within a cabinet.

Here are 2 drawings for the Bounty.

Seahawk72s
August 25th, 2016, 13:27
Here are 2 drawings for the Bounty.

Did they give a description of the lamp unit..? Oil I assume.
Something with mirrors..?

speedy70
August 25th, 2016, 15:27
Milton it is great that the two paint kits are being released for the Bounty and the launch but when will we get the launch itself.

Cheers Chris

Milton Shupe
August 25th, 2016, 15:35
Milton it is great that the two paint kits are being released for the Bounty and the launch but when will we get the launch itself.

Cheers Chris

Chris, the Launch is in the paint shop as we speak. Nigel is out of touch except on the weekends so we should likely hear a status Saturday.
Once we have textures, I will release her in beta test.
The paint kit should be ready shortly after release.

Milton Shupe
August 25th, 2016, 15:40
Did they give a description of the lamp unit..? Oil I assume.
Something with mirrors..?

Yes, I do. Did you ever download the manual?

speedy70
August 25th, 2016, 15:49
Thanks Milton, great news.I am really looking forward to the release of the launch so that I can copy that fantastic voyage( going to bed and eating etc between times)I aint no Bligh!!!!!

Cheers Chris

Milton Shupe
August 25th, 2016, 16:33
Thanks Milton, great news.I am really looking forward to the release of the launch so that I can copy that fantastic voyage( going to bed and eating etc between times)I aint no Bligh!!!!!

Cheers Chris

LOL Chris. I just wish we had nice big storm seas to make it as challenging although 43 days at sea on a starvation diet was challenge enough.

If you have not read "Men Against the Sea" available at the link above, you really should.

Seahawk72s
August 26th, 2016, 05:07
Something like this..?

Milton Shupe
August 27th, 2016, 04:41
Something like this..?

That looks great SH; it'll make a nice popup panel. :-)

Are they typically on a standalone mount, on the seat, or floorboards?

Seahawk72s
August 27th, 2016, 05:16
That looks great SH; it'll make a nice popup panel. :-)

Are they typically on a standalone mount, on the seat, or floorboards?

If there was a seat in front of the helmsman that would be the best location. Four wooden strips would be tacked to the seat so that the compass box
could be placed and not move around as well as be positioned center line to the keel. A good spot for also keeping it dry from bilge water.

If no seat, on the floorboards in front of the helmsman's feet, center line above the keel with the same wooden strips for mounting.

Seahawk72s
August 27th, 2016, 05:55
With the launch sailing off the wind and not so much before, a change of the wind arrow to indicate a head facing position..?

Milton Shupe
August 27th, 2016, 07:52
With the launch sailing off the wind and not so much before, a change of the wind arrow to indicate a head facing position..?

SH, the original was designed to show how the wind was hitting the sails (that was important to me as I was learning the mechanics of how all this should work). But, I can see where a head indicator might be less confusing too. Will take under consideration. Thanks

speedy70
September 28th, 2016, 16:51
C'mon Nigel.I had my sandwiches all ready for my epic voyage in the launch and now they have all curled up at the edges.

Cheers Chris

Milton Shupe
September 28th, 2016, 19:28
C'mon Nigel.I had my sandwiches all ready for my epic voyage in the launch and now they have all curled up at the edges.

Cheers Chris

LOL Chris.

But, there's a time for work and a time for play. Nigel has been working on his "Winter Stores" build-up. As temps get cooler on the farm, progress will be faster.

By the way, those sandwiches will look pretty good after 6-7 days with no food on that epic journey. :-)

zswobbie1
October 17th, 2016, 22:24
The launch of the launch?

(REALLY dry mouldy sandwiches now, & the grog supply getting very low!)

Milton Shupe
October 18th, 2016, 02:39
I've had no updates since September 27th as follows:

"Bounty Launch is progressing steadily, along with texturing out the AVRO - as always, the cooler the weather becomes, the speedier we'll make headway. Would like to have the Launch pretty well in the wrapper by end of October ... "

As I mentioned earlier, Nigel is busy on the farm with seasonal harvest and getting in Winter vegetables.

emfrat
October 18th, 2016, 03:18
By the way, those sandwiches will look pretty good after 6-7 days with no food on that epic journey. :-)

Wasn't it the custom in those days, to take along a chubby cabin-boy or two, in case the sandwiches didn't keep ? :untroubled:

Seahawk72s
December 15th, 2016, 06:58
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45361&stc=1

Milton Shupe
December 15th, 2016, 07:14
Did you have a point to make or a question to ask Seahawk?

Seahawk72s
December 16th, 2016, 03:09
No question, just enjoying a day on the water...

Seahawk72s
December 18th, 2016, 05:46
I'm trying to change the colors for the display readouts and not having any luck.
I thought #176 was the value to changem but I'm missing something
A new color value I need to add..?

<!-- Heading -->

<Element>
<Position X="330" Y="83"/>
<Text X="118" Y="25" Length="15" Font="Arial" Color="#FFB81C" Adjust="Left">
<String>Heading:</String>
</Text>
</Element>
<Element>
<Position X="450" Y="83"/>
<Text X="130" Y="25" Length="15" Font="Arial" Color="#FFB81C" Adjust="Left">
<String>%((A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC,degree))%!03d!&#176; Mag</String>
</Text>
</Element>

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45457&stc=1

Milton Shupe
December 18th, 2016, 06:05
I'm trying to change the colors for the display readouts and not having any luck.
I thought #176 was the value to changem but I'm missing something
A new color value I need to add..?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45457&stc=1

There are two text strings in each set (Label then Variable), each having a "Color=" value in hexadecimal.

That is what you need to change.

<Text X="118" Y="25" Length="15" Font="Arial" Color="#000000" Adjust="Left">

Seahawk72s
December 19th, 2016, 13:30
There are two text strings in each set (Label then Variable), each having a "Color=" value in hexadecimal.

That is what you need to change.

<Text X="118" Y="25" Length="15" Font="Arial" Color="#000000" Adjust="Left">

You'll see from my code tha is what I thought as well>
What am I muissing..? The readouts stayed black.

<!-- Heading -->

<Element>
<Position X="330" Y="83"/>
<Text X="118" Y="25" Length="15" Font="Arial" Color="#FFB81C" Adjust="Left">
<String>Heading:</String>
</Text>
</Element>
<Element>
<Position X="450" Y="83"/>
<Text X="130" Y="25" Length="15" Font="Arial" Color="#FFB81C" Adjust="Left">
<String>%((A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC,degree))%!03d!° Mag</String>
</Text>
</Element>

Milton Shupe
December 19th, 2016, 14:45
SH,

Hmmm, it worked for me.

Are you certain you saved your changes properly.

If you used Notepad to edit, you must use "SAVE", not "SAVE AS".

Double check your folder to ensure the XML version of the gauge has been changed.

Seahawk72s
December 19th, 2016, 15:33
SH,

Hmmm, it worked for me.

Are you certain you saved your changes properly.

If you used Notepad to edit, you must use "SAVE", not "SAVE AS".

Double check your folder to ensure the XML version of the gauge has been changed.

The snap of the compass box shows the new lettering color.
I'll recheck the code and try different colors...

Seahawk72s
December 19th, 2016, 16:25
The snap of the compass box shows the new lettering color.
I'll recheck the code and try different colors...

Found it, a mistake in the panel.cfg. :banghead:

Milton Shupe
December 19th, 2016, 17:14
Found it, a mistake in the panel.cfg. :banghead:

Ah, something we all do my friend. Charge on :running:

Seahawk72s
April 11th, 2017, 05:59
Spring is in the air.
All supplies look to be ready....:jump:

speedy70
April 11th, 2017, 14:28
Well it's alright for you ,I have had to throw my sandwiches out .They were off ugh!!!

Nigel We are out of sandwiches and rum!!!! oh and boatless.

Cheers Chris

Milton Shupe
April 12th, 2017, 13:31
Well it's alright for you ,I have had to throw my sandwiches out .They were off ugh!!!

Nigel We are out of sandwiches and rum!!!! oh and boatless.

Cheers Chris

Boatless??? Get back in the Bounty, or get some "waders" on. :-)

I looked last night to see if I had the early version around to share but, alas, no where to be found in FS9 or FSX, and I scrapped a lot of early gmax in all my projects to free up about 20 gigabytes, so it is not recoverable.

But, I do have a screenshot :-)

speedy70
April 12th, 2017, 15:04
Yes well I spose we will have to carry on waiting.They say it's a virtue but i'm not sure.

Not blaming you Milton, we are all in the same boat(Pun intended)

Cheers chris

nigel richards
April 12th, 2017, 22:16
SHHHHHHhhhhh!!!

...I'm busy!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49111&stc=1

:running:

Seahawk72s
April 14th, 2017, 05:37
We therefore commit his body to the deep,
looking for the general Resurrection in the last day,
and the life of the world to come, :dejection:

nigel richards
April 14th, 2017, 10:50
We therefore commit his body to the deep,
looking for the general Resurrection in the last day,
and the life of the world to come, :dejection:

Blasphemy!

Mutiny!!!

nigel richards
April 14th, 2017, 11:05
Anyway, where were we?...

Ah yes, as we were saying; Now that we have the AVRO Project almost wrapped up (still need to convert the models to Aborigine FSX), we'll be moving on to complete the much overdue Bounty scenery package and Launch.

We're now working on an authentic location which is an enormous help as regards to what needs to be done.

Having said that, there's still massive scope to use our imagination and creativity.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49171&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49170&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49172&stc=1

We've temporarily placed photoreal textures over the area to accurately trace out where we'll be adjusting the coastline and waterclass for authenticity.

nigel richards
April 15th, 2017, 02:54
'Brains' boyo?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49198&stc=1

Seahawk72s
April 15th, 2017, 06:21
Having said that, there's still massive scope to use our imagination and creativity.

:encouragement::redfire:

Willy
April 15th, 2017, 10:27
Ah yes! Looking great there Nigel. If you need anything tested in FSX SE, just let me know.

BTW, I don't know where I've been, but I've just discovered this really excellant trimotor floater that I've been have a ton of fun with it's paint kit and some "redecorating".

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49206&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49207&stc=1

I've kind of had this Louisiana thing going with it.....

nigel richards
April 15th, 2017, 12:30
Ah yes! Looking great there Nigel. If you need anything tested in FSX SE, just let me know.

BTW, I don't know where I've been, but I've just discovered this really excellant trimotor floater that I've been have a ton of fun with it's paint kit and some "redecorating".

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49206&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49207&stc=1

I've kind of had this Louisiana thing going with it.....

Ahhhh! Thank YOU, Willy; now that's an offer I won't be able to refuse.
As soon as the goods are ready, I'll take you up on your fine generosity.

As for that pretty little Tri-floater - still one of my all-time favourite flyers, Sir. :-)

nigel richards
April 15th, 2017, 12:34
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49214&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49215&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49216&stc=1

nigel richards
April 15th, 2017, 12:39
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49217&stc=1

The original scenery was missing those elusive elements of depth and solidity - I think we're now on the right track. :-)

speedy70
April 15th, 2017, 13:32
Looking fantastic Nigel. The imagination can run wild!!!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers and Thanks

Chris

Motormouse
April 15th, 2017, 13:37
'Brains' boyo?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49198&stc=1

Hey Brains is Caaadiff matey, just down the road from me, that looks more Anglesey like.

Ttfn

Pete

Milton Shupe
April 15th, 2017, 15:03
Now that there is a stunning bit of masonry work my Friend :-) :applause: You have been busy, haven't you. :wiggle:

nigel richards
April 15th, 2017, 15:28
Looking fantastic Nigel. The imagination can run wild!!!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers and Thanks

Chris

Thanks chris - perhaps you'll settle for a royal feast to make up for those mouldy old sanwiches :-)

nigel richards
April 15th, 2017, 15:32
Hey Brains is Caaadiff matey, just down the road from me, that looks more Anglesey like.

Ttfn

Pete

That's the brew Pete, and Cardiff is the Land of my Father's.

You're near the mark for the location; Conwy Castle. :-)

nigel richards
April 15th, 2017, 15:34
Now that there is a stunning bit of masonry work my Friend :-) :applause: You have been busy, haven't you. :wiggle:

Ahhhhhhh, thank'ee Skipper - making room for teh fleet. :wiggle:

Willy
April 15th, 2017, 16:57
Dang, now that's some fancy masonry work!

Motormouse
April 16th, 2017, 01:04
That's the brew Pete, and Cardiff is the Land of my Father's.

You're near the mark for the location; Conwy Castle. :-)

Well I never, small world, but I prefer Felinfoel
I knew where it was :)

Ttfn

Pete

nigel richards
April 21st, 2017, 14:00
Dang, now that's some fancy masonry work!

Thank YOU, good Sir - added a few more layers :wavey:

nigel richards
April 21st, 2017, 14:05
Most of the castle Construction work completed - couple of the inner quarters to square away...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49402&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49403&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49404&stc=1

nigel richards
April 21st, 2017, 14:13
now under construction and texturing...

They'll be needing suitable fortifications overlooking the harbour...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49405&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49406&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49407&stc=1

then it's down to the docks, wharfs, and shipyards where real the action's at :-)

:running:

vonernsk
April 22nd, 2017, 05:25
Three cannon outside 'The Black Bear'. The local Constable will not be happy.
Conwy Castle is just a few miles North from me. At first I thought it was Harlech Castle. But never Cardiff. Great scenery for Milton's ENDEAVOUR.

Will become a favourite destination for amphibians and flying boats. Just been ogling 'Shessi's' great models of the Sunderland. It will be set off nicely with one of King Edward's massive castles as a back-drop.

Thanks for your imagination and work Nigel.

Mal

Milton Shupe
April 22nd, 2017, 05:46
What good are the cannons if you don't have the balls to use them :-)

Great modeling there my friend. :applause:

nigel richards
April 22nd, 2017, 08:38
Three cannon outside 'The Black Bear'. The local Constable will not be happy.
Conwy Castle is just a few miles North from me. At first I thought it was Harlech Castle. But never Cardiff. Great scenery for Milton's ENDEAVOUR.

Will become a favourite destination for amphibians and flying boats. Just been ogling 'Shessi's' great models of the Sunderland. It will be set off nicely with one of King Edward's massive castles as a back-drop.

Thanks for your imagination and work Nigel.

Mal

Ahhhhh; Thank'ee Mal. :-) :wavey:

Great modeling there my friend. :applause:

LOLOL!!! :-)))

Ahhhhhrrrrr!!!! and now there's a real opportunity to kiss the gunner's daughter! :wiggle:

Milton Shupe
April 22nd, 2017, 08:57
"What good are the cannons if you don't have the balls to use them :-) "

LOLOL!!! :-)))

Ahhhhhrrrrr!!!! and now there's a real opportunity to kiss the gunner's daughter! :wiggle:

Arggggg! No way do I wanna be in that position, Sir!

Milton Shupe
April 22nd, 2017, 08:59
...snipped...

Great scenery for Milton's ENDEAVOUR.

...snipped...

Mal

Actually, I just did the modeling; that would be Nigel's Endeavour. :-)

nigel richards
April 22nd, 2017, 09:15
Actually, I just did the modeling; that would be Nigel's Endeavour. :-)

Goodness gracious, great balls o'fire; actually, that was just Nigel Endeavouring to make the most of a very AWESOME model (and Project)!

Ahhhh, there's nothing like good old joint Trireme work...:-)

Milton Shupe
April 22nd, 2017, 09:26
Goodness gracious, great balls o'fire; actually, that was just Nigel Endeavouring to make the most of a very AWESOME model (and Project)!

Ahhhh, there's nothing like good old joint Trireme work...:-)

I'm glad you mentioned that ... hmmmm better be checking your email Mate.

nigel richards
April 22nd, 2017, 13:44
I'm glad you mentioned that ... hmmmm better be checking your email Mate.

Themistocles! :-)

nigel richards
April 22nd, 2017, 13:49

As you rightly say; if you've got them, use them. :-)

Thanks for the brain bump, Skipper.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49430&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49431&stc=1

nigel richards
April 22nd, 2017, 13:55
Three cannon outside 'The Black Bear'...

Mal

BTW, Mal - errr that must be a dandy hangover you have there...

I dare say; pretty much everything looks like a 'Black Bear' after several flagons of cider...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49432&stc=1

No Bull! :-)

Blackbird686
April 22nd, 2017, 15:06
Gotta have the infamous "Wolf's Head Tavern", Nigel... place wouldn't be complete without a resident werewolf. Actually, I flew over that castle a bit ago in the Mallard, OUTSTANDING attention to detail there sir.

"Home, by the Sea"...And there you have it.

BB686:US-flag:

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 00:46
Gotta have the infamous "Wolf's Head Tavern", Nigel... place wouldn't be complete without a resident werewolf. Actually, I flew over that castle a bit ago in the Mallard, OUTSTANDING attention to detail there sir.

"Home, by the Sea"...And there you have it.

BB686

LOL! Hooooooome suuuueeeet home, my friend. :-):US-flag:

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 00:50
Adding new buildings to make our port a more prosperous home...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49797&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49798&stc=1

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 00:56
Plenty of scope for NEW business ventures...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49799&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49800&stc=1

I'm just lining up the NEW objects as they come off the drawing Board - THEN we'll get them finally positioned, with suitable ground textures.

DaveB
May 6th, 2017, 01:12
The cannons appear to be guarding the pub which is very sensible. Wouldn't want that falling into enemy hands!!:biggrin-new: I'd imagine most of the gun crews are in there anyway:very_drunk: What an excellent project this is turning out to be. I'm sure glad I still have FS9:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 01:26
The cannons appear to be guarding the pub which is very sensible. Wouldn't want that falling into enemy hands!!:biggrin-new: I'd imagine most of the gun crews are in there anyway:very_drunk: What an excellent project this is turning out to be. I'm sure glad I still have FS9:encouragement:

ATB

Thanks DaveB :-)

Reckon you're right about those wayward gunners...
hmmm...perhaps they're not familiar with the gunner's daughter.

The project will also be Shipping off to FSX (but I agree about having your cake AND eating it.):-)

DaveB
May 6th, 2017, 02:08
Reminds me of Beaumaris back in the day (not a stones throw from Conwy in the grand scale of things) where opposing forces were holed up in two Inn's on the main street. What a civilised way to conduct a battle (if indeed there can BE a civilised way).:very_drunk:

ATB

Motormouse
May 6th, 2017, 06:22
Talking of Beaumaris, and flying boats reminds me of Saunders-Roe facility at Fryers House/Fryers Point, that could do with a scenery... Nigel... (ducks for cover from cannon fire)

Ttfn

Pete

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 07:19
Talking of Beaumaris, and flying boats reminds me of Saunders-Roe facility at Fryers House/Fryers Point, that could do with a scenery... Nigel... (ducks for cover from cannon fire)

Ttfn

Pete

Sounds fascinating - reckon I can easily accommodate everyone on that score, matey.
I intend to make the scenery objects available as a separate scenery objects library.

That way, you can easily load them into ADE_9x or your favourite placement tool and fire up some home-grown scenery. :-)

Milton Shupe
May 6th, 2017, 08:10
Everything is looking awesome Nigel, exceeding expectations. I need to adjust to your high standards of wowness!

wellis
May 6th, 2017, 09:26
Everything is looking awesome Nigel, exceeding expectations. I need to adjust to your high standards of wowness!

Wow indeed!!!

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 16:10

Look sharp there, Milton m'hearty - you're the Skipper of wowness!

After all, isn't it the stuff trireme's are made of?...:wiggle:

Wow indeed!!!

Thank you most kindly, wellis. You've been doing truly grandiose WOWness yourself with what I gather we are about to receive from your works. :encouragement:

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 16:17
With things going into position, the scenery should start gaining character...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49824&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49826&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49825&stc=1

nigel richards
May 6th, 2017, 16:22
When adding custom textures to ground polys, the play of light and shadow always holds a special fascination for me...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49828&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49827&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49829&stc=1

Seahawk72s
May 10th, 2017, 14:41
Very nice work.!
It really adds a very realistic and unique atmosphere.

Imagine if your graphics engine had this capability.

<em>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXv8A0-_KU

zswobbie1
June 8th, 2017, 01:32
Hullo,
Just asking, anything happening here?

Milton Shupe
June 8th, 2017, 04:53
Hullo,
Just asking, anything happening here?

Haven't heard a thing on this end Sir

zswobbie1
June 8th, 2017, 05:36
Time to sharpen the cutlass, & haul out the plank again?

Seahawk72s
June 9th, 2017, 12:34
Argh...!.... :pirate:

OR maybe a little motivation....:a1089:

Blackbird686
June 9th, 2017, 12:56
I see the "Bounty" sitting in the harbor over there... put a shot across her stern with that 3" deck gun, that outta wake the ol' bloke up. "HARR!!" :pirate:

speedy70
July 9th, 2017, 08:26
C'mon Nigel.We are all waiting.

Cheers Chris

Penzoil3
July 10th, 2017, 00:37
Beautiful work. Looking forward to it. I want it, I want it, I want it...:jump:
LOL
Sue

zswobbie1
July 10th, 2017, 23:03
Do we have to get the plank out, or will the yard-arm do?
Maybe a bit of keel hauling??

Motormouse
July 11th, 2017, 01:44
nah.. the Excise patrol to root out the johnny foreigner that's been smuggling ouzo!

ttfn

Pete

Milton Shupe
July 11th, 2017, 04:47
Do we have to get the plank out, or will the yard-arm do?
Maybe a bit of keel hauling??

Maybe just a passing mention of "the gunner's daughter" would get his attention. :mixed-smiley-010:

Blackbird686
July 11th, 2017, 05:46
nah.. the Excise patrol to root out the johnny foreigner that's been smuggling ouzo!

ttfn

Pete

Uh-oh... Me thinks I've been made here. "Mr. Slavyansk... One third astern, mate! We need to get the bloody hell out of this harbor! LOL!" :biggrin-new:

speedy70
July 11th, 2017, 07:45
"One third astern"!!!!

The Bouny was a sailing ship and had no motor.

Cheers Chris

Milton Shupe
July 11th, 2017, 13:37
I am working on a temporary version for you guys until Nigel is ready.

Took her out for trials and to do a little fishin'.

Ran into an old foe and decided to give chase.

And then, the unbelievable happened ...

... to be continued ...

Penzoil3
July 11th, 2017, 14:16
Nothing like a cliff hanger.
LOL
Sue

Seahawk72s
July 11th, 2017, 17:00
Time out for popcorn...:nature-smiley-003:

Blackbird686
July 12th, 2017, 05:11
"One third astern"!!!!

The Bouny was a sailing ship and had no motor.

Cheers Chris

Yep... one third astern. My only sea going vessel aside from the Bounty is the Russian "Lun Ekranoplan". LOL!

stoney
July 12th, 2017, 13:28
I sure hope this FANTASTIC scenery will work in FS2004.

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2017, 14:07
I sure hope this FANTASTIC scenery will work in FS2004.

The scenery is being developed for FS2004. You are good.

I believe there will also be a a separate and more comprehensive FSX native version.

speedy70
July 12th, 2017, 15:34
Milton it is very kind of you to produce an" interim launch",but we should all really be willing to wait.I for one am very aware that all these things are free and done in other people's spare time for no reward.
Neither you nor Nigel owe us anything, it is only through your kindness that we sometimes maybe become ready to "expect" or "chase up"your gifts to us.
Now that having been said"when will the replacement----------------

Cheers Chris

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2017, 16:12
Milton it is very kind of you to produce an" interim launch",but we should all really be willing to wait.I for one am very aware that all these things are free and done in other people's spare time for no reward.
Neither you nor Nigel owe us anything, it is only through your kindness that we sometimes maybe become ready to "expect" or "chase up"your gifts to us.
Now that having been said"when will the replacement----------------

Cheers Chris

LOL Thank you Chris.

I believe when we set an expectation and enthusiasm for an incoming project, we do have an obligation to provide periodic updates. Those updates refine the expectations and folks do not have to be guessing and wondering.

With that said, the "interim" model is ready but I am waiting to see if we can refine the Sails Management Gauge (SMG) logic of the Bounty a bit to simplify sail management.

The Launch sails just fine but it uses only 2 sails. I am using the full Bounty logic where 13 sails are required to attain max speed of 15 knots.
However, for the Launch, all the sails switches are not needed (although the logic will use 13), nor are the ancillary functions (anchor, bells, Birds, Cannon, etc.).

So, I have asked Rob if he has the interest and time to refine the SMG and speed and maneuvering logic to simplify it for the Launch.

If not, you will still get a functioning SMG and using the Auto function will be all you need to sail her. Just ignore the switches and functions.

Penzoil3
July 12th, 2017, 19:14
But what happened next ?
LOL
Sue

"Ran into an old foe and decided to give chase.

... to be continued ..."

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2017, 19:30
But what happened next ?
LOL
Sue

"Ran into an old foe and decided to give chase.

... to be continued ..."

... and then the AI Bounty disappeared before my very eyes ... (sigh) LOL

Motormouse
July 13th, 2017, 12:30
... and then the AI Bounty disappeared before my very eyes ... (sigh) LOL

Nigel....?? Mutiny on the high seas?

Ttfn

Pete

Penzoil3
July 13th, 2017, 13:41
Thanks!
LOL
Sue

Milton Shupe
July 17th, 2017, 10:45
Rob Barendregt has agreed to modify the Sail Management logic for the Launch work boat. It will be two weeks before he can get started on it due to other obligations.

Just FYI.

So, I'll hold on the interim Launch for this is the same logic that will be used in the final version.
It'll give us a chance to beta the logic side.

Seahawk72s
July 18th, 2017, 19:35
I can appreciate the time and effort it took to develop the square rig sail logic.
Having access to the Bounty her variants is an incredible gift.

I was wondering if developing sail logic for fore an aft rigs was seen as not really possible given FSX limitation..?

Milton Shupe
July 19th, 2017, 14:32
I can appreciate the time and effort it took to develop the square rig sail logic.
Having access to the Bounty her variants is an incredible gift.

I was wondering if developing sail logic for fore an aft rigs was seen as not really possible given FSX limitation..?

Well, I tried to answer this last night with a rather lengthy explanation but by the time I went to post it, the nightly backups were running and I got the Server is too busy now; try again later; hence, I lost the explanation. :banghead:

Anyhow, the short answer is that FSX is not the constraint. The complicated dynamics associated with the effects of 14 different sails of different sizes and orientations on three different masts throughout the length of the ship in various wind conditions is logic that is way beyond the project.

I can now say that the Launch will have individually controlled sails, each contributing 50% toward the various dynamics of the boat. Working great in FSX and is being set up now for FS9.
Sail management is manual, that is deployment and orientation to the winds. One switch for the Foresail and one for the main sail is all you have. Simplicity.
Yes, it can be tac'd and eased out of an "In Irons" condition.

For this interim release, we have the basic work boat without the various other necessities inside (oars, stores, anchor, sail materials, etc.)

We have a boat, a skipper, and two sails that work. :applause:

Thanks to Rob Barendregt. :jump:

Seahawk72s
July 19th, 2017, 17:03
Sail management is manual, that is deployment and orientation to the winds. One switch for the Foresail and one for the main sail is all you have. Simplicity.
Yes, it can be tac'd and eased out of an "In Irons" condition.

Well done, exciting news...:jump:

Milton Shupe
July 20th, 2017, 15:08
I am packaging up the "interim" Launch for you to try.

There will be an FS9 specific, and an FSX specific package due to gauge differences.

I have one issue on the FS9 side that Rob does not experience so maybe you can help determine if its my setup.

If I pause the sim in FS9 while in the Launch, it crashes the "flight".
So, I want to know if that happens in your FS9 version.

The FSX version seems to work without issues.

EDIT: By the way, just in case you all do not know, the Bounty shows water inside when it is bobbing in the water. This happens with all water-borne vehicles in Spot view. Same with all flying boats at the water level, the Mallard included. This is the same in FS9 and FSX. Nothing I know of can be done about it. This is not an issue in VC mode.

magoo
July 20th, 2017, 15:48
Reading Capt'n Bligh's account, it's like they were bailing nonstop. Water slopping over the foot boards ain't an issue. It's prototypical.

Milton Shupe
July 20th, 2017, 17:39
The interim Launch Boat packages have been uploaded for FS9 and FSX. Get the correct version for your sim.

FS9 = http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=106669

FSX = http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/106668-Launch-Boat-of-HMS-Bounty-for-FSX-ONLY

Seahawk72s
July 20th, 2017, 18:56
Well done...!
Nicely modeled, this will be a blast learning to sail....:applause::applause:

Seahawk72s
July 20th, 2017, 19:01
Is the transom painted black..?

Milton Shupe
July 20th, 2017, 19:06
Is the transom painted black..?

Screenshot please

Milton Shupe
July 20th, 2017, 19:13
Screenshot please

Never mind; I see what you are saying. I guess I did not map the back.

Seahawk72s
July 20th, 2017, 19:13
Transom..?

Milton Shupe
July 20th, 2017, 19:54
Transom..?

The reason I asked for a screenshot is because 1) you did not say which sim (and in FSX some run DX10 preview), and 2) I wanted to be able to compare what you are seeing to what I am seeing. I nave chased many issue that were poorly described or mistaken about which sim was being referred to.

Seahawk72s
July 20th, 2017, 21:41
My bad, I should have stated FSX, no DX10.

zswobbie1
July 20th, 2017, 22:13
Many thanks, this is going to be fun.
(Now for the scenery -- No pressure :jump:)

michaelvader
July 21st, 2017, 05:22
Hallo, Milton and Nigel,
THANK YOU
wow really fine. I just had a first trip on the bay of Lorient (the region was known in WW II as the hell of lorient)
now it is a peacefull spot where it is fine to sail on a nice coast. With your launch now also in my fs.
Oh really fine
I love her.
Thank you
Yours
Papi

Milton Shupe
July 21st, 2017, 05:42
Many thanks, this is going to be fun.
(Now for the scenery -- No pressure :jump:)

I hope you enjoy this interim product; quite different from the one you were waiting for but that one is out of my hands now.

The scenery project is Nigel's and pressure does not work anyhow :-)

Milton Shupe
July 21st, 2017, 05:43
Hallo, Milton and Nigel,
THANK YOU
wow really fine. I just had a first trip on the bay of Lorient (the region was known in WW II as the hell of lorient)
now it is a peacefull spot where it is fine to sail on a nice coast. With your launch now also in my fs.
Oh really fine
I love her.
Thank you
Yours
Papi

Thank you Papi; hope you find some relaxing pleasure on the Lorient with the Launch. :-)

Blackbird686
July 21st, 2017, 05:45
Cheers, Milton. Once again your band of merry blokes and sheilas have produced another fine sailing vessel. Had to recruit my first officer from the "Lun" to show me how all this works. You all should see me trying to navigate this thing... LOL!! :biggrin-new:

Best -- BB686:US-flag:

Milton Shupe
July 22nd, 2017, 19:26
Hope everyone is enjoying the interim Launch boat.

I have a request for help.

In the Panel folder is the attached in BMP form.

Would some nice texture artist make a small change to that for me?

I need the "Master" text at the bottom removed, and above the two switches, I need the sails identified that they apply to.

Left switch text = FS or Foresail
Right switch text - MS or Mainsail

Thanks in advance.

Sascha66
July 23rd, 2017, 06:45
Hope everyone is enjoying the interim Launch boat.

I have a request for help.

In the Panel folder is the attached in BMP form.

Would some nice texture artist make a small change to that for me?

I need the "Master" text at the bottom removed, and above the two switches, I need the sails identified that they apply to.

Left switch text = FS or Foresail
Right switch text - MS or Mainsail

Thanks in advance.

Sure no problem, will do today! Haven't tried the launch yet so will see where the switches are :)

Milton Shupe
July 23rd, 2017, 09:47
Sure no problem, will do today! Haven't tried the launch yet so will see where the switches are :)

Oh man, thank you so much Sasha. :jump:

Seahawk72s
July 23rd, 2017, 19:17
See if this works for you...

Sascha66
July 24th, 2017, 10:32
I finished mine too, but the position of the text needs to be tweaked one more time. But I won't bother - this looks good!

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2017, 10:56

Thank you SH72s; that looks good.

I finished mine too, but the position of the text needs to be tweaked one more time. But I won't bother - this looks good!

Thank you Sasha for your efforts.

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2017, 19:57

Well done SH72s; looks great in sims. :applause:

Seahawk72s
July 24th, 2017, 20:18
My pleasure...:wavey:

kl791
July 25th, 2017, 14:17
Just had the chance to download now. What a beautiful model :D
Henrik

Milton Shupe
July 25th, 2017, 15:34
Just had the chance to download now. What a beautiful model :D
Henrik

Thank you Henrik; it is just an interim version. The latest version has more "equipment" and also has an asymmetric sails model, and of course, much improved (more accurate) texture mapping and textures.

kl791
July 25th, 2017, 16:22
Thank you Henrik; it is just an interim version. The latest version has more "equipment" and also has an asymmetric sails model, and of course, much improved (more accurate) texture mapping and textures.

I like your concept of "interim"... far beyond what most including myself would consider a nicely finished model :D
Henrik

nigel richards
July 26th, 2017, 07:48
Wonderful to see that the Skipper has made the version 1 texture test model available for some happy summertime sailing.

As Milton has already said, the developed 2nd version has many extra goodies, innovations, and added 'texturability'.

My humble apologies to all for holding up the rest of the show for the finished version plus scenery. I'm temporarily without a power supply here with a 'duff' solar power inverter. Living off-grid comes with its own host of niggling issues, but that's what I chose! :dizzy:

My warmest greetings to all,

Nigel

stuartcox
July 27th, 2017, 00:15
Wonderful to see that the Skipper has made the version 1 texture test model available for some happy summertime sailing.

As Milton has already said, the developed 2nd version has many extra goodies, innovations, and added 'texturability'.

My humble apologies to all for holding up the rest of the show for the finished version plus scenery. I'm temporarily without a power supply here with a 'duff' solar power inverter. Living off-grid comes with its own host of niggling issues, but that's what I chose! :dizzy:

My warmest greetings to all,

Nigel

Inspite of your power supply situation, I'm happy that you are still thinking of us.
I hope things can get sorted soon!
What about a holiday back home?
You are always welcome... :encouragement:

Greetings, Stuart.

zswobbie1
July 27th, 2017, 00:27
Good luck with your power problem.
Well, I switched on my laptop, early January, & it gave 2 beeps & a black screen, so I took it to the supplier.
After taking it back the second time, the service controller took me aside & told me that it is a great laptop with replacable components, but, as it was 5 years old, neither the graphics card nor motherboard was available.
Due to it's age, the graphics card is slightly warped.

So, he told me to solve this, I must take off the back cover & point a hairdryer towards where the card sits.
So, occasionally, about twice a week, this is what I do. I do tend to get a few strange looks when I haul the drier out my backpack!

The joys of computers!:wiggle::wiggle: