PDA

View Full Version : I have returned from vacation...

Rami
July 19th, 2016, 17:11
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days...these last several months have been very difficult on me and my family. Between the attack on my brother to my own physical issues and my mother's sudden falls, I've been really struggling with spiritual, physical, and emotional burnout. (Not to mention being married with four young kids) I am leaving Thursday morning for an extended vacation, and will not be back until August 3rd. I will have my laptop to post pictures, (especially from OshKosh) and can approve uploads from my laptop or my phone, but am not going to do any CFS2 work during this time.

My mom had another vertigo bout Friday afternoon and fell, requiring a couple stitches. (She was in the hospital until Monday) She is doing fine, and is now in good hands at home, with a good support system set up for her while I am away.

This is just an opportunity for me to unplug. I've changed the voicemail on my phone to reflect my vacation status and will set up an auto-reply on my email.

Don't worry about doing the dirty dishes in the sink, just don't burn down the joint! :biggrin-new:

bub
July 19th, 2016, 17:23
A good and safe journey, my friend. Relax and enjoy your time with the family. The house will be here when you get back.

Via con dios,

Bob

highpockets
July 19th, 2016, 17:24
Rami,

Big load my friend! Rest well and enjoy your time away, especially Oshkosh!:applause:

I am jealous for that. I had planned to go a few years ago with a friend and he backed out on me!

No Dice
July 19th, 2016, 17:30
Good Luck Sir,

Do your best to enjoy your time away...and no as much as we all love you...I do not baby sit.

Dave

Devildog73
July 19th, 2016, 18:34
You KNOW we are praying for you and your family in our house.

If you need ANYTHING, you know I am here for you.

Blessings,

Lee

Killer Svend
July 19th, 2016, 23:44
All the best to you and your family, may you mothers health improve fast, enjoy your vacation as much as possible, you deserve it.

Killer Svend

MaskRider
July 19th, 2016, 23:51
Take care of yourself, Rami.

We appreciate everything you do for us around here and will miss you.

Hope the time off pays off.

Chris

Shadow Wolf 07
July 20th, 2016, 03:18
Have a great and enjoyable trip my friend. See you when you get back. :wavey:

Allen
July 20th, 2016, 09:38
Have a safe trip!

huub vink
July 20th, 2016, 10:22
Have a good trip and make sure to recharge your batteries.

Cheers,

Huub

bearcat241
July 20th, 2016, 13:06
Enjoy the rest...and make every effort to find real peace in it. These two don't always occupy the same space.:cheerful:

miamieagle
July 20th, 2016, 14:40
Enjoy your trip. Family comes first hobby comes second.:applause:

Rami
July 28th, 2016, 16:54
Hey guys,

I ran into Stovall and Roger Wilco today at OshKosh. I did not get a pic with them, but I will tomorrow. I am giving my cousin and myself a ride on a Ford Trimotor tomorrow morning, and I will try to arrange for them to meet us there and get a photo op. The airshow is incredible; truly a must-experience, not just "see."

Anyhoo, here are a few teasers; some of my favorite shots of the day.

Rami
July 28th, 2016, 17:00
For Devildog73,

This is just for you...Rami after he's had a few at the "Leinie Lodge." :p87:

Devildog73
July 28th, 2016, 17:05
For Devildog73,

This is just for you...Rami after he's had a few at the "Leinie Lodge." :p87:

My dad lived just a few miles west outside of Princeton, WI in Green Lake County.

I remember going to the airshow a few times when I was younger.

Oshkosh is a wonderful place on earth. I miss some of my times there.

:very_drunk: :very_drunk: :very_drunk:

Shadow Wolf 07
July 29th, 2016, 06:16
Nice pics! I hope you continue to have a good time. See you when you get home. I changed my moving date to the 17th of August.

huub vink
July 29th, 2016, 11:30
Looking forward to the pictures from the 3 of you :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

Rami
July 29th, 2016, 18:57
Huub,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reestablish contact with either Stovall or Roger Wilco. I tried to arrange them seeing my cousin in I fly in the Ford Trimotor, and I left a message on his phone to that effect, but we never crossed paths again or made further contact, and I'm off to see Lambeau Field and then head down to Germanfest in Milwaukee tomorrow.

huub vink
July 30th, 2016, 00:55
That's a pity Rami as there normally aren't that many occasions where we can meet fellow members in real life. Enjoy the event and try to avoid "Leinie Lodge" as it doesn't contribute to your looks :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

Rami
July 30th, 2016, 02:47
Huub,

There will be other times, I will definitely be going back! :redfire:

Rami
August 3rd, 2016, 17:17
Hey guys,

I have returned from vacation as of this afternoon, and I will be catching up on PMs and things over the next couple of days.

No Dice
August 4th, 2016, 07:26
Welcome back sir,

Dave

Oglivie
August 4th, 2016, 12:15
Enjoy the event and try to avoid "Leinie Lodge" as it doesn't contribute to your looks :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

I think I may have to agree with Huub Vink, Rami (lol).

Glad you had a good time and welcome back home!
:adoration:

Regards,
O

gius
August 4th, 2016, 12:25
I agree with Dave, welcome back my friend!!
Giuseppe

Allen
August 4th, 2016, 12:42
Welcome back!

I don't think any one broke any thing while you where away.

Rami
August 4th, 2016, 16:42
Hey guys,

Getting up to speed is taking slightly longer than I have planned, but I'm getting there. I should be completely caught up and ready to dive back into CFS2 by this weekend.

In the meantime...

Rami
August 4th, 2016, 16:45
And here are some more...

Rami
August 4th, 2016, 16:48
Good evening,

And the last batch...

Blood_Hawk23
August 4th, 2016, 16:51
Those are kool and all but did you get any more pics of the Bi-Plane. looked like a Pup. I don't think it was a Camel.

Rami
August 4th, 2016, 17:01
John,

Upon further evaluation, it was a Pup. Too small for a Camel. This is all I have...

Blood_Hawk23
August 4th, 2016, 18:12
I thought it was. Thank You Rami.