PDA

View Full Version : FTX EU England SP5

dhasdell
August 3rd, 2016, 02:56
Service Pack 5 for FTX England has been released.

Roger
August 3rd, 2016, 04:56
Thanks Dave,

Installed and running. Not visited any of the POI yet but will check tonight.

ChipShop
August 3rd, 2016, 12:12
Gosh! Lucky you Roger, I can't extract the files with 7 zip for some unknown reason! Never had this issue with ORBX updates before!

My download is opened with adobe reader, and then files extracted using 7 zip. But, alas and alack, it says unable to open file as archive!:indecisiveness:

All my previous ORBX downloads extract the files without any problems at all, only this one!:banghead:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ChipShop:encouragement:

ncooper
August 3rd, 2016, 12:35
As you have been advised at the FTX forum, you need to remove the association of .zip files from Adobe Reader.

ChipShop
August 3rd, 2016, 12:41
Oh hi Nick:wavey:
Mate, I really don't quite understand what that means!
How do I remove the association with adobe please?
And, when I actually do, how do I download and extract files etc.? I'm kind of struggling with this a bit!:dejection:
Hope you can help?

dhasdell
August 3rd, 2016, 22:36
I had that once. I think it was with the .air file. Right click on the file you want to open and select Open with. Then you can choose the program you want to use and set it to use that in future with that sort of file.

(I think that's right, but maybe better to wait until someone who knows about these things confirms it before trying it!)

ncooper
August 3rd, 2016, 22:46
I think so too.
Here is my reply from the other forum.

Find a .zip file and right click on it.

In the list you will see open with, select that and from the drop down menu,
select choose another app.
Select 7zip if it is in the list and tick the always use this app to open .zip files.
If it's not in the list, select Windows File Explorer instead and do the same.
Then click on OK.

ChipShop
August 4th, 2016, 08:21
Thanks for your help guys, greatly appreciated!👍😉
I shall make another assault on the SP5 front when back from work!
ATB
ChipShop

ChipShop
August 5th, 2016, 22:08
All sorted now, (thank goodness); it seems that somehow, I'd set my default program to the adobe one instead of 7 zip DOH!:banghead:
SP5 all installed and very nice it is too! Best of all for me, BOTH TAMAR BRIDGES YAY!!!!!!!!:biggrin-new: