View Full Version : Hangar 18 Simulations Sikorsky S-97 Raider

Ferry_vO
August 1st, 2016, 09:52
http://www.hangar18sim.com/

Available at PC aviator and Simmarket.

Christoph_T
August 1st, 2016, 10:25
Thanks for the head's up!
That was faster than I thought. Maybe I'll give it a try as soon as I am back from Switzerland:-)
Any experience with this one so far?

Christoph

jeansy
August 1st, 2016, 14:29
Im interested myself, however the screen shots on their page aren't that helpful

StormILM
August 1st, 2016, 15:58
Im interested myself, however the screen shots on their page aren't that helpful

Here is a better link to the screens of the model inside and out. It looks good but bear in mind, at that price range I would not expect it to be anything advanced. I may end up getting it when they post it at my favorite vendor.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111567989@N08/

jeansy
August 1st, 2016, 16:19
Thanks buddy, ive seen them, I would like a close up of the dash instead of a zoomed out pic

the cobra that went for $10 a while back was probably the best cobra for the sim in a long time, however im getting that Area 51 feel with this package, some times the cheaper ones are the more enjoyable ones (however i wont go there as there a few developers here that over charge)

Sundog
August 1st, 2016, 18:40
These are the same guys from Area 51. Also, I was hoping there was a custom flight model for it, but they went with a standard helo fde for it, based on the videos I've seen. Although, I don't know that they could have made it fly similar to the real one in FS, given the FDE limitations. The key give away is tilting the vehicle (Angling the vector) to accelerate (Or decelerate). This vehicle can easily do both with a flat attitude due to the pusher prop. Still, it isn't like anyone else is going to make one of these for FS, so I'll be picking it up.

Victory103
August 1st, 2016, 18:43
jeansy, same here then read up on the "About Us" on the H18 site, which explains the A51 look. The real aircraft is only now test flying, so many steps before a production version is out and not much in the way of resource material on the 'net. As a rotary guy, the collective arrange has to be wrong.

jeansy
August 2nd, 2016, 02:20
cheers, I didnt get past the pictures, area 51 huh, I might hold off for now

jmbiii
August 2nd, 2016, 04:59
I'm not positive, but there's one thing wrong with the Raider as pictured. Didn't United Technologies sell Sikorsky to Lockheed Martin last year ?
Quick, somebody find a can of spray paint ! :biggrin-new:

Sundog
August 2nd, 2016, 15:32
I'm not positive, but there's one thing wrong with the Raider as pictured. Didn't United Technologies sell Sikorsky to Lockheed Martin last year ?
Quick, somebody find a can of spray paint ! :biggrin-new:

They did, but apparently, LM was planning on keeping the Sikorsky name for the helo division.

Montie
August 2nd, 2016, 23:17
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/s92_zpslpai5kog.jpg~original (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Montie/media/s92_zpslpai5kog.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/s92A_zpsuupyn4zy.jpg~original (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Montie/media/s92A_zpsuupyn4zy.jpg.html)

YoYo
August 3rd, 2016, 00:55
Its Area51 product and Stargate. They never finished his buggy Cobra (Stargate) so Thank You.

jmbiii
August 3rd, 2016, 04:17
They did, but apparently, LM was planning on keeping the Sikorsky name for the helo division.

I didn't mean the 'Sikorsky' marking - of course they would keep Sikorsky. If you look closely below Sikorsky it says "United Technologies". :wavey: LOL

Also the Sikorsky/Lockheed Martin logo is now changed under LM. Now about the can of spray paint ?

DaveB
August 3rd, 2016, 08:23
I've got hangars FULL of helicopters but this one isn't floating my boat enough to buy it I'm afraid.

ATB
DaveB:)

Sundog
August 3rd, 2016, 15:31
I didn't mean the 'Sikorsky' marking - of course they would keep Sikorsky. If you look closely below Sikorsky it says "United Technologies". :wavey: LOL

Also the Sikorsky/Lockheed Martin logo is now changed under LM. Now about the can of spray paint ?

Now I see.

Christoph_T
August 7th, 2016, 05:14
Are there any reviews or opnions on this one already?
Havn't found any customer-feedback nor videos about the Raider in the net.
If there are any customers here:
What do you think about it?
Still interested in the pros and cons of this addon.

Thanks in advance

Christoph

Montie
August 12th, 2016, 21:20
Are there any reviews or opnions on this one already?
Havn't found any customer-feedback nor videos about the Raider in the net.
If there are any customers here:
What do you think about it?
Still interested in the pros and cons of this addon.

Thanks in advance

Christoph

Well it flies like a Area51 Sim helicopter, I do not really think this package offers all that much. It's simple to fly and the model does look nice, but at $20 it's priced too high. The S-97 is still in development, so not many liveries to choose from. Some interesting paints could be put on it, but I have not looked at the paint kit yet.

Christoph_T
August 12th, 2016, 23:42
Thanks for your feedback. Than I'll step back for now.

Sundog
August 13th, 2016, 14:41
Well it flies like a Area51 Sim helicopter, I do not really think this package offers all that much. It's simple to fly and the model does look nice, but at $20 it's priced too high. The S-97 is still in development, so not many liveries to choose from. Some interesting paints could be put on it, but I have not looked at the paint kit yet.

Just an FYI, it should be simple to fly, as it uses fly by wire, and the torque from the rotors cancel out regardless of power changes as well. Or were you just referring to the system depth, which would be understandable.

As for textures, I would throw basic Army textures (See the Apache) and Marines on it and probably textures of who we would sell it to, such as Israel and Australia. Australia because they're already getting involved with FVL, which is the Blackhawk replacement and the two competing demonstrators are the Lockheed (Sikorsky) Boeing SB-1 (I wonder if they'll rename it LB-1?), which is a larger version of the Raider against the new Bell tiltrotor, the V-280 Valor.

Montie
August 13th, 2016, 14:52
Just an FYI, it should be simple to fly, as it uses fly by wire, and the torque from the rotors cancel out regardless of power changes as well. Or were you just referring to the system depth, which would be understandable.

As for textures, I would throw basic Army textures (See the Apache) and Marines on it and probably textures of who we would sell it to, such as Israel and Australia. Australia because they're already getting involved with FVL, which is the Blackhawk replacement and the two competing demonstrators are the Lockheed (Sikorsky) Boeing SB-1 (I wonder if they'll rename it LB-1?), which is a larger version of the Raider against the new Bell tiltrotor, the V-280 Valor.

Yes I am referring to the depth of the systems.