PDA

View Full Version : Positive news on Kelticheart...

Rami
July 29th, 2016, 19:20
I thought long and hard about sharing this, (because I've known for a few months) but in the end, I thought you should know about Kelticheart...

"Dear friends, I am so very sorry I am only updating you this late about how my neurosurgery went.

A vicious combination of poor cell phone coverage and no I-Net point hospital guests could use provoked it.

Good news first: Surgery went well, the neurosurgeon assured both me and my fiancée they were able to clean the brain affected area very well, "Even beyond what was necessary"

Recovery from all the medications I had to take afterwards was a true nightmare, I was kept in post-op intensive care for almost 48 hrs.

In the meantime an intense heat wave hit Italy, the beginning of summer, Milano weather is very similar to Boston, we reached and past 38 Celsius with high humidity in less than two days.

Since several seniors were hospitalized there as well, direction decided to keep air conditioning rather warm to avoid worse problems.

The heat worsened all post-op symptoms and I literally couldn't sleep for almost two weeks.

The bad news is that, when the analysis of the cells that were removed from my brain arrived, it turned out that the 'thing' that was first diagnosed as a rather simple, not too dangerous type of brain lesion, had turned out into a malignant monster within less than three weeks.

Since surgery went well, my only chance and way out of it now is an intense therapy period based on chemical and irradiation treatments.

By Jove, I consider myself a virtual WWII CFS2 fighter pilot and I SHALL FIGHT THIS THING With all of the Psychic resources I have left! There's no way I am gonna give in, just lt me find a good spot on its tail and a good deflection angle and I am gonna show how I will shoot its ass off of me!

When they released me, I elected to spend my convalescence at my Fiancee's home, not too far from my hometown besides the fact that her capable pharmacist's hands performed miracles to bring me back to "normality" when I slowly healed from all of my surgery wounds.

This is my report, I am only very sorry I night have caused you anxieties from lack of updates. Believe me I didn't do it on purpose.

I hope everybody in your family is doing well.

Until next one,

Take care,

Stefano."

Please place your well wishes in this thread, and I will send him the URL and copy all of your responses into an email to send back to him. Let's show Kelti how much we care!

Typhoon Willy
July 29th, 2016, 19:45
Stefano,

We are with you, in prayer and in spirit, we are with you.

Bill Foulkes

aka Typhoon Wiily

bub
July 29th, 2016, 19:46
Stefano,
I'm very happy to hear you're feeling better. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. Get well soon and don't rush the recovery. We'll still be here awaiting your return.
Good health and God bless,
Bob

Allen
July 29th, 2016, 20:03
Keep up the fight Kelti!

manfredc3
July 29th, 2016, 20:26
Kelticheart,

Even though I don't know if we ever corresponded on the forum, I want to wish you well, and hope for a timely recovery.

My thoughts will be with you.

Manfred

wolfi
July 29th, 2016, 22:57
It’s always hard to find words in such cases!
I hope you get well after therapies, take your time to recover fully, nothing is that important than your health!
wolfi

Anthin
July 29th, 2016, 23:21
Get well.I know what it is like spending a long time
in Hospital.Hang in there and before you know it you
will be back flying again.

Anthin.:encouragement:

zswobbie1
July 29th, 2016, 23:26
Stefano,
Although I lurk on the Fs2004 sites, I saw these postings, so, on behalf of us 'other' fellow virtual aviators, I wish you much strength & health.
Here in South Africa, we have a saying in Afrikaans, (one of our official languages)... 'Sterkte!' .. This means strength in English.

Take care,
Robin
Cape Town, South Africa

baldy
July 29th, 2016, 23:46
We're with you Stefano - you've got a lot of wingmen in support

baldy

Shessi
July 30th, 2016, 00:08
Stefano,
Best wishes and thinking of you.

Get better soon!

Cheers

Shessi

Captain Kurt
July 30th, 2016, 00:11
Never give up, never give in. Hang in there Stefano. You can beat it.

huub vink
July 30th, 2016, 00:52
Sorry to hear this Stefano. It must be tough time for you and those close to you.

Take care and make sure you fully recover.

Huub

The_Editor
July 30th, 2016, 02:44
Keep fighting mate! All the best.

dvslats
July 30th, 2016, 05:00
By Jove, I consider myself a virtual WWII CFS2 fighter pilot and I SHALL FIGHT THIS THING With all of the Psychic resources I have left! There's no way I am gonna give in, just let me find a good spot on its tail and a good deflection angle and I am gonna show how I will shoot its ass off of me!

Hey Stef, I really hope you receive our messages. We miss you here.

I'd like to say that anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. I've seen it so many times in my life.
But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
And with that strength is courage. I really think this is part of you.

If I was near, I'd give you a big bear hug. You are truly a good person. This is from my heart Stef.

Give it your all!!

Dave

beepee
July 30th, 2016, 06:21
Best wishes and thinking of you, Stefano,
Get better soon!

Cheers
Beepee

No Dice
July 30th, 2016, 06:36
We all stand with you Kelti,

Dave

av8erjm
July 30th, 2016, 07:01
KICK ARSE KELTI, not a praying man, but all thoughts and hopes to you

The B24 Guy
July 30th, 2016, 07:21
Get well KH. I will be thinking of you.

Regards,
B24Guy

kdriver
July 30th, 2016, 07:33
All the best Stef, get well soon, you've got squadrons of wingmen by your side.

Kevin

gavinc
July 30th, 2016, 07:52
Stefano,
You and I have had some good chats on email over the years and I know that you have the psychic strength to beat this thing.

Take care of yourself, we need your enthusiasm.

Gavin

Cody Coyote
July 30th, 2016, 08:40
Remain strong in spirit Kelti. Fight, fight, fight.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Devildog73
July 30th, 2016, 12:18
Praying for your complete recovery and healing, Stefano.

Keep positive as you have shown in your email to Andrew.

Blessings,

Lee

UncleTgt
July 30th, 2016, 12:23
Stefano,

Such a challenge:positive:, what to say, words fail me.

Stay strong, the opponent that is best at energy management will win the day.:tommygun2:

Good Luck

miamieagle
July 30th, 2016, 12:36
Wishing you well. I will pray for you:wavey:

voyager
July 30th, 2016, 13:18
Kelti,

Considering that we are an international community you will be in someone's thoughts and prayers day and night.

Fight the Good Fight

voyager

Shadow Wolf 07
July 30th, 2016, 13:19
Best wishes Kelti... my prayers are with you.

brad kaste
July 30th, 2016, 19:00
A double thumbs up to you Kelti on a speedy recovery!
-Brad K.

gius
July 31st, 2016, 05:48
I miei migliori auguri amico mio,
speriamo di rivederti ancora qui il più presto possibile!!!!
Giuseppe

misson
July 31st, 2016, 07:28
Thank u Rami for let us know about him.

Steffano, if u read this, hope u get better, and never give up. All fighter should manage the energy , and spirit, round by round. Concentrate on that and u win.
Cheers
Mario

RobH
July 31st, 2016, 19:43
Stefano,

Get well soon. I will be thinking of you and praying for your healing.

Brian

Rami
July 31st, 2016, 19:50
Hello

Thanks, guys. These went into a memo this evening.

Robert John
August 1st, 2016, 00:17
Best wishes Kelti... my prayers are with you.

RJ

mvg3d
August 1st, 2016, 03:17
Stefano,
TIENI DURO !!! E, come diceva il nostro grande maestro Edoardo De Filippo...
"A da passa' a nuttata" !!!

:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::enco uragement:

Worthless
August 1st, 2016, 13:22
Kelti.....

I am truly distressed to learn what you've had to deal with here of late. I wish you well along with all those who have left there messages before me. Rest and get well soon. It's almost 27 years to the day when I had my first experience with a serious illness, but I had a lot of kind folks praying for me and now here I am and old guy, still pluggin' away. Keep the faith!

George

eagleye100
August 1st, 2016, 13:30
May God Bless you and Help in your quick recovery. Ameen!

Fibber
August 2nd, 2016, 07:07
Sorry to read of your present situation but remember "NEVER give up, Never give in, NEVER surrender!" Follow your caregivers recommendations :a1089:and take your time coming back here. We will wait. I, for one, am still catching up on all the magnificent mods that you have given us.:encouragement:

On the lighter side, when you wrote (a long time ago) about removing CFS1 objects from the game I didn't think you would go this far!!!!!

Rest, get well, better and can't wait to see you back here again. Till then....my heart, prayers (if the big guy even listens to me anymore), thoughts and wishes go out to you:wavey:

Killer Svend
August 3rd, 2016, 07:22
Kelti
The german fighterpilots said to eachother before action:"Hals und Beinbruch". I say the same to you, I am sure that you are a thrue fighterpilot and will newer give up, will pray for your soonest recover.
Killer Svend:encouragement:

Oglivie
August 4th, 2016, 11:51
Hang in there Stef, you'll be fine! Follow the doc's directions, I think you may have to be his wingman for a bit to fight off the bandits until you get to 100% well again.

My Best & Kind Regards,
Gary M.

hewman100
August 5th, 2016, 12:40
Give 'em hell Kelti, between us we've got your six well covered.

Rami
August 5th, 2016, 16:30
Good evening,

Thanks, dudes. I sent the newest batch off to him, to keep giving him needed rounds of encouragement. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Fibber
August 6th, 2016, 08:35
Rami;

Is it possible that maybe the Kelti status thread can be made a "sticky" so that we can readily see if there is anything that's posted, in regard to his health/progress, or anyone wanting to send their wishes to him can readily find it? Just a thought.

Ian Astill
August 9th, 2016, 05:30
Just came across this thread so forgive the lateness.

Very sorry to hear you are going through times of trial Kelti. But it sounds like you are a scrapper and you're remaining positive and these attributes alone will get you through trials and tribulations.

I've enjoyed lots of your work here and I've also enjoyed your contributions to discussion. I've never met you IRL but if you are as pleasant and interesting as your online persona I'd readily get the pints in! (And the offer is there if you for some reason find yourself on the Isle of Man!)

All the best man and I sincerely wish you a wholesome and speedy recovery!

SPman
August 10th, 2016, 18:42
I, also, just came across this thread.
Terrible to hear of your situation, Stefano, but, the best of luck for your ongoing treatment and I hope it all turns out favourably. Kia Kaha!

skylane
August 10th, 2016, 22:32
Stefano, sorry to hear about this! I hope you recover quickly! Don't give up!

I wish you all the best!
Wolfgang

Larry S. Wright
August 12th, 2016, 13:05
Very sorry to hear of this news. God bless you Kelti......and He is your copilot!

highpockets
August 18th, 2016, 15:49
Kelti,

Been deciding what to say, but I want to encourage you with your ongoing treatments. I went through proton radiation therapy two years ago for prostate cancer.

Fortunately no chemo for me.

The radiation was successful and I have been clear now for 2 years. I pray your treatments will be just a successful as mine were. I realize yours is located in a different place, but the radiation they do now days can be fairly well targeted--like tracers guiding the aim. :-)

Hang tough!

Jim

Dick
August 23rd, 2016, 09:52
Hi Stefano,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are unwell. You are a very highly valued member of this community and we all want you back here.

By way of encouragement, my next door neighbour is a Tiger Moth pilot and has also been restoring a Gipsy Moth back to flying condition. Before he had finished the latter he was diagnosed with Leukemia and had to undergo extensive chemo and other treatments. Despite a long road with several ups and downs I am happy to report that he is now on the way to a full recovery and that the Gipsy Moth may be flying sometime soon.

May you have the same successful outcome. Stay strong.

Dick.

Killer Svend
August 24th, 2016, 23:20
In our days,cancer is not a deadsentence, my wife had cancer for the first time in 1969 and second time in 2002,first cured with radiation,second by operation. She is 75 now.2 of my training mates from the fitness center are reasently cured from cancer.So keep on fighting you fighter:encouragement:
Killer Svend

Jaxon
September 7th, 2016, 11:47
Oh my dear,

these are terrible news!

I am happy to read, that at least the surgery was OK. But it seems, now the even hard part is coming to you.
Stefano, Gute Besserung from here and enough strength for these very hard moments..

Michael

Captain Kurt
September 17th, 2016, 15:52
I had an email message from Kelticheart's email this morning. I was excited it might be good news, but alas it was a spammer :rocket:who evidently has hacked Kelti's email. Take care opening anything you get from his addy.

stuart277
September 24th, 2016, 12:47
Hi Stefano,

I am very sorry to hear about this.

I wish you all the best and hope that you recover quickly.

Cheers,

Stuart

Rami
October 4th, 2016, 23:13
Hey guys,

I usually send Stefano a Christmas card, but I'm going to send him a letter this week to his mailing address, and see what happens. Hopefully he will receive it and respond!

misson
October 5th, 2016, 10:50
Hey guys,

I usually send Stefano a Christmas card, but I'm going to send him a letter this week to his mailing address, and see what happens. Hopefully he will receive it and respond!Thank u Rami.

No Dice
October 5th, 2016, 11:21
I pray for a good update

CrisGer
October 11th, 2016, 07:04
I will pray for recovery and health for you Stefano.

Rami
October 16th, 2016, 04:08
Hey guys,

The letters went out this week. Here are its contents...

To Stefano Denti or the reader of this letter,

My name is Andrew Talbot. I'm a close friend of Stefano and am writing this letter as a concerned friend who has not heard from him for several months. The last contact I had with him was prior to his having surgery to remove a cancerous growth in his head. Knowing Stefano's character and how determined he was to fight for his life, I fear that he may have died, is gravely ill, or somehow unable to communicate.

I am asking this for myself and on behalf of a website called www.sim-outhouse.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com), where he was a member, contributor, and a beloved person. I also had the pleasure of spending almost two days with him in Fidenza. I have been worried about him for some time as the silence grows, and fear my prayers for his recovery may not have had a good outcome.

If you are reading this Stefano, please respond, either with a letter, email (xxx) or call my cellphone. (I think the United States country code is +00, and my phone number is (xxx)-xxx-xxxx) You could also log in to "the Outhouse" and let everyone know you're okay, even if you can't remain part of the flight sim community.

If Stefano has died or is no longer able to communicate for himself, would the reader of this letter please contact me either via email or call me? You may also write a letter if you wish. My mailing address is…

xxx

Thank you.

I also sent the same email translated into Italian. Fingers crossed we get a nibble.

No Dice
October 16th, 2016, 06:53
Well Written Rami,

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Dave

highpockets
October 16th, 2016, 10:31
Thanks for pursuing this Rami. I too , as many others here I'm sure, have been concerned.

Fibber
October 31st, 2016, 17:49
from Kelti, or a representative for him? I was wondering about his recovery, rehab, progress and with the way that Italy is shaking if that is affecting him.

misson
November 1st, 2016, 13:33
Do anyone know if he is North American citizen? We know his mother was. So we can contact the U.S. Embassy in Italy and do reference about the last info from him. https://it.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
(https://it.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/)
Andrew, do u know where he was the last time? Any family member ? Any friend by facebook to contact his friends?

We can try it!

Mario

Carlos, vos hablás muy bien italiano, y viviste en italia, se te ocurre algo?

Rami
November 1st, 2016, 13:47
from Kelti, or a representative for him? I was wondering about his recovery, rehab, progress and with the way that Italy is shaking if that is affecting him.

Fibber,

I haven't heard a darn thing, and I am getting more concerned by the day.

Rami
November 1st, 2016, 13:49
Mario,

As far as I remember, he is not an American citizen, though he was considering it. He lives in Fidenza, and was having the surgery in Milan. The last time I heard from him was around the beginning of July.

Devildog73
November 1st, 2016, 15:54
Mario,

As far as I remember, he is not an American citizen, though he was considering it. He lives in Fidenza, and was having the surgery in Milan. The last time I heard from him was around the beginning of July.

Rami,

We are heading over for Christmas. I will get with you off line and get his mailing address and drive down during the 3 weeks we will be in Europe if we do not hear anything by then.

DD73

Rami
November 2nd, 2016, 12:22
Lee,

You have his address, correct?

Devildog73
November 4th, 2016, 07:33
Lee,

You have his address, correct?

I did in Germany but have misplaced it since the move back to the States.

Lee

Rami
November 4th, 2016, 08:36
I did in Germany but have misplaced it since the move back to the States.

Lee

Lee,

I have it, let me know when you need it. :encouragement:

Rami
November 5th, 2016, 04:12
Good morning, flight simmers!

I received the most wonderful news this morning....and I will post for all!

Hello my friend, I am so very sorry my convalescence kept me far away from any access to a connected pc, so that I could keep you updated about my health. I received your letter, thank you very much!

OK, surgery went well, but the lab test about the tissues removed revealed the tumors (yes, I have two.....) are not THAT benign. So, another intervention called "Gamma Knife", performed with a laser machine, from what I could understand, was mandatory. This second operation went well, too. But then I had to choose a place for a convalescence period and arrange for cycles of chemio and radio therapies.

My fiancée is a a pharmacist, so she stepped forward and had me transferred from the hospital in Milano to her home. In this way she could provide assistance and medicines faster than at my home in the middle of the hills....

Alas! she hasn't a pc connected to the Net, so I disappeared from the world.

Slowly, July, August and September went by, in the middle of September I started all post-surgery therapies in the hospital of Cremona, only 12 miles from her home, another reason why I stayed over there for such a long time.

Last week I completed the first cycle of therapies and now I have to wait for another two three months before going for control exams like magnetic Resonance and such to check if the remaining tumor has reduced its size or, hopefully gone altogether.

I am on a sort of R&R from the hospital and was told to get plenty of rest and recover fully.

I feel good enough, I did not suffer all of the side effects radio and chemical therapies normally induce in people. Phsycologically I am fighting back, like a good fighter pilot should, as much as I can.

Let me tell just this: I was able to return home, do all the winter preparation chores around my house, like starting the heating and clean-tuneup my wood-burning stoves.

Thank God I have plenty of leftover firewood from previous years! I would have not had enough strength to replenish my stores otherwise! Moreover, I CAN DRIVE my car and I move around as if nothing ever happened!

I hope you can get this update and, since I elected to return to my job two or three times a week, I'll be able to take care of my e-mail as well.

I hope your family, your spouse and your kids are all doing well, as well as your health problems were taken care of as well.

Until next time, take care my friend, Best wishes, PLeas update all our SOH friends that surgery went well and I am slowly recovering, thank you!

Your friend, Stefano "Kelti"

Rami
November 5th, 2016, 04:14
I literally cried tears of joy reading his letter. Thank God, Thank God. :triumphant:

Devildog73
November 5th, 2016, 04:39
I literally cried tears of joy reading his letter. Thank God, Thank God. :triumphant:

Amen!

Prayers for continued speedy recovery, Kelti!

I hope to be able to drive or train down to see you this December.

My wife and I are coming to Germany for Christmas for three weeks.

Blessings Stefano.

Lee

Shadow Wolf 07
November 5th, 2016, 06:14
Good news! A speedy recovery Kelti.

No Dice
November 5th, 2016, 06:37
That news has made my day...............

Sascha66
November 5th, 2016, 06:39
Best wishes for your speedy recovery to full health Kelti!!!

Worthless
November 5th, 2016, 06:52
Great News at last. Thanks Rami for sharing this. Makes my day.:redfire:

baldy
November 5th, 2016, 07:50
Best news for a long time -- fight the good fight man.

baldy

The B24 Guy
November 5th, 2016, 08:31
Great news indeed.:applause:

Keep on fighting Kelti.

Regards,

B24Guy

Captain Kurt
November 5th, 2016, 09:12
Kelti we have all been very worried for you. This is a ray of sunshine. Keep going buddy. :applause:

Oglivie
November 5th, 2016, 09:50
Good news, Kelti!

Thank you very much for You and Rami's thoughtful update for all of us here at the forum.

Best & Kind Regards,

Gary M.

misson
November 5th, 2016, 10:54
Thanks for the news!

:applause::applause::applause: and a hurra for our fighter!

gius
November 5th, 2016, 11:52
I'm very glad to hear this about our common friend!!!:applause::applause:
Giuseppe

rhumbaflappy
November 5th, 2016, 12:47
This is wonderful news. Thanks Rami for updating us.

UncleTgt
November 5th, 2016, 12:53
Thanks for the update, & really happy stefano is doing OK. Keep on getting better Kelti, & take care of yourself, we'll still be here whenever you're ready.:applause::cheerful:

wolfi
November 5th, 2016, 15:31
Thanks for the update, and yes, that’s wonderful news!:encouragement:

Wolfi

beepee
November 7th, 2016, 00:08
Such a good news Kelti.

Best & kind regards,

Beepee

The_Editor
November 7th, 2016, 05:31
Very good news.

RobH
November 7th, 2016, 07:33
Great news Stefano!! So glad to hear your surgery went well. Be sure to take your time, don't rush the healing process.

Cody Coyote
November 8th, 2016, 04:58
Good news indeed! While most of us know each other only through the CFS2 forum, this shows we are indeed a family.

Fibber
November 8th, 2016, 08:49
Glad to hear of your progress!!!:jump: Now that you have had a rest,get back to work :a1089:and here is what we need....:biggrin-new:. Seriously and all kidding aside, continue your rest at your pace and WELCOME BACK!!!!:encouragement:

highpockets
November 8th, 2016, 12:08
Kelti
Such good news. I am so glad that you are healing well.Also glad you have a significant other who can help with your medical treatment needs.
Stay in touch with Rami or others so we can keep up with the news

Thanks Rami for sharing the good news.

stuart277
December 2nd, 2016, 23:04
Hi Kelti
I am very glad that you are going well.:applause:
I wish you all the best.
Cheers
Stuart

Rami
December 22nd, 2016, 01:52
Good morning,

Here is a quick update from Stefano - I am not doing too bad, other than the side effects of the chemotherapy cycles I went through during the last two months are still making me feel sick and dizzy on and off during the day. At any rate, I am able to attend my job. I only have to be patient and drive carefully. In time, things will improve.

Until next time,

Your friend,

Stefan

Shadow Wolf 07
December 22nd, 2016, 04:51
Good to hear that he's doing better and is optimistic for the future. Keep driving on Stefano!

Worthless
December 23rd, 2016, 15:58
Great news! Happy to see this. Merry Christmas Kelti.

CrisGer
January 7th, 2017, 03:58
good to hear the recovery is going well ..hang in there and keep going!!

Happy New Year also.
chris

miamieagle
January 9th, 2017, 08:48
Have a speedy recovery.:applause:

God Bless you!

bub
January 11th, 2017, 09:02
Stefano,
Very happy to hear you're doing better. As they used to say, "Keep on, Keepin" on".
Bob

Blood_Hawk23
February 22nd, 2017, 14:12
Any new updates on Kelti?

Rami
May 4th, 2017, 13:11
Any new updates on Kelti?

John,

Yes! On a day that I sorely needed some good news, I got it. He's tried to send me four emails since February, but they've been bounced back because of my spam filter. So I gave Stefano an alternate email address to send me update. Unfortunately, it seems that he lost his sweetheart in April, but he is alive. I will pass along updates when I know more.

miamieagle
May 4th, 2017, 13:39
Wish you well!

Praying for you!

Be Strong and keep thinking positive. Things are going to get better.:wavey:

Rami
May 4th, 2017, 15:06
Wish you well!

Praying for you!
Be Strong and keep thinking positive. Things are going to get better.:wavey:

Miami,

It has nothing to do with my health or my leg, or anything to do with me personally today.

miamieagle
May 6th, 2017, 12:09
I Wish both off you well!:wavey: