PDA

View Full Version : C-47 Paint Kit in Paint Shop Pro

falcon409
July 29th, 2016, 06:57
Gordon's suggestion for breaking the paint kit into two sections is to use the "Canvas" drop down and designate a "left" or "right" orientation. In Paint Shop Pro 8 I see no way to do anything other than add or subtract canvas area.

YoYo
July 29th, 2016, 07:06
I divide it simply to 2048 x 2048 by new layer.

Alky
July 29th, 2016, 07:44
I use PaintShop Pro 7 only because I've had it for many years and am extremely comfortable with it. I also have Adobe Photoshop CS2 v9 which was available free for a time.
What I normally do with the large paintkit is go through all the shading and detail layers and merge them into one transparent layer. Make the fuselage base a separate layer and maybe the wire mesh a separate layer. This makes the painkit a lot easier to work with. I may be misunderstanding your problem though and if so, I apologize. :)

falcon409
July 29th, 2016, 07:57
I was fixated on Gordon's "Canvas" left/right orientation, when simply cropping it is just as easy.

gman5250
July 29th, 2016, 08:49
Hey Ed, you think it would be more helpful to have a second kit with two 2048 x 2048 tiles...fore and aft? Not a big deal for me to do that.

falcon409
July 29th, 2016, 08:56
Hey Ed, you think it would be more helpful to have a second kit with two 2048 x 2048 tiles...fore and aft? Not a big deal for me to do that.
Gordon, I was helping WND as he has Photoshop and I have Paint Shop Pro. It was once I had my "Light Bulb" moment and realized that simply cropping was the easiest that we got it cleared up. Since no one else seems to have any problem with it I wouldn't worry about it really. Thanks for the offer though.

gman5250
July 29th, 2016, 08:59
Gordon, I was helping WND as he has Photoshop and I have Paint Shop Pro. It was once I had my "Light Bulb" moment and realized that simply cropping was the easiest that we got it cleared up. Since no one else seems to have any problem with it I wouldn't worry about it really. Thanks for the offer though.

No worries Ed, you need anything let me know.

Ron Attwood
July 29th, 2016, 09:30
This 4096x2048 format had me stumped until I was given a shove in the right direction. Now I've set up an action which goes through the whole process of saving into two separate 2048 BMPs. Hit F4 and boom!

Duckie
July 29th, 2016, 09:45
Ed I use PSP also I'm on X6 but also have PSP9 still installed. In both apps under tool bar heading IMAGE there is a menu item called CANVAS SIZE. That's what you want. Enter the size you want, ie, 2048 x 2048 and click the left pointing center arrow for left orientation and that does it. Did for me anyway.

Steve

falcon409
July 29th, 2016, 14:39
Ed I use PSP also I'm on X6 but also have PSP9 still installed. In both apps under tool bar heading IMAGE there is a menu item called CANVAS SIZE. That's what you want. Enter the size you want, ie, 2048 x 2048 and click the left pointing center arrow for left orientation and that does it. Did for me anyway.

Steve
I tried that and what I got was a section of the nose. . .that was all. Anyway, I won't be doing liveries, I was just helping Bill (WND) figure out how to divide it up. . .he has what he needs now. Thanks!