PDA

View Full Version : Scenery WIP

falcon409
July 25th, 2016, 06:54
I've only started this half a dozen times now and something always happens that I trash it and go back to flying. This will not be a John Stinstrom style project where every building is reproduced. I no longer have access to the areas on-base like I used to and honestly, even if I did just the buildings bordering the flight line areas it would be more than I care to get into. Many of the buildings will be representative of the actual buildings and the ones I can get get reference material for I'll do custom buildings for those.

Mainly I just want something that is more like the base I spent 22 years at and the current default looks nothing like that. I have no time table. . .just whenever I get it done.

Navy Chief
July 25th, 2016, 07:18
No matter how long it takes you, Ed, I know the end result will be enjoyable for everyone. I know how much it means to revisit bases I was stationed at. It is gratifying to have representations of all the bases I've been to during my career. Your creations are always appreciated! Have fun, and keep us updated:encouragement: Pete

Sundog
July 25th, 2016, 15:27
That's awesome. That's General Dynamics (Now Lockheed Martin) on the airfield, correct?

falcon409
July 25th, 2016, 15:35
That's awesome. That's General Dynamics (Now Lockheed Martin) on the airfield, correct?
That's correct. One advantage was that every week the Test Pilot would take one of the jets up and run it through it's paces. . .right over the rwy, so we always had a great show.