tailspin45
July 21st, 2016, 15:26
http://justplaneprints.com/wp-content/C-47/NEWS.jpg

banjoman1960
July 21st, 2016, 15:28
Great News:ernaehrung004:

cavaricooper
July 21st, 2016, 15:34
Brilliant! Manfred, Jan, Ted, Gordon et al- edel und wunderbar!

Ta!

c

speedy70
July 21st, 2016, 15:47
Great.

So where can I download it!!!!

Cheers Chris

TuFun
July 21st, 2016, 15:49
Great.

So where can I download it!!!!

Cheers Chris

It's in the Library system, but must be approved by admin for release.

speedy70
July 21st, 2016, 16:02
Guys you have done a great job and I have followed it avidly since the start.

I must state that the skill and dedication has made this product very special. Check Tesco Offers (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?tesco/) and Lidl Offers (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?lidl/).

I thank Jan and you all.

Cheers Chris

Roger
July 21st, 2016, 16:09
Fantastic!:applause::applause::applause:

speedy70
July 21st, 2016, 16:10
Ted

How long does this approval take then!!!!!

Milton is also releasing the turbo mallard this evening but have heard nothing about that yet.

Well a few more glasses while I wait I suppose.

Cheers Chris

Adamski_NZ
July 21st, 2016, 16:12
Fantastic news!!!!

As a creator of some liveries for the previous version, I'm interested to know what modicifations may be needed. Are they documented anywhere (externally or in the D/L archive)?

Needless to say, I 'd like to update my liveries ASAP to enjoy this superb new version!!!

Adam.

TuFun
July 21st, 2016, 16:16
Ted

How long does this approval take then!!!!!

Milton is also releasing the turbo mallard this evening but have heard nothing about that yet.

Well a few more glasses while I wait I suppose.

Cheers Chris

FSX and FS9 Turbo Mallard is on the What's New main page.

Shouldn't be much longer.

tailspin45
July 21st, 2016, 16:17
To my eye the liveries look awesome just the way they are. But "those in the know" have suggested there are a few tweaks (of which I am ignorant).

The engines, for one, are awesome! And sound awesome too!

http://justplaneprints.com/wp-content/C-47/fsx%202016-07-04%2010-04-10-82.jpg

TuFun
July 21st, 2016, 16:18
Fantastic news!!!!

As a creator of some liveries for the previous version, I'm interested to know what modicifations may be needed. Are they documented anywhere (externally or in the D/L archive)?

Needless to say, I 'd like to update my liveries ASAP to enjoy this superb new version!!!

Adam.

As soon as Gordon releases the new paint kit. Has the new radial textures!

I tried to texture it as real as possible... hope you like!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/05/23/TFS-77.jpg

Adamski_NZ
July 21st, 2016, 16:22
As soon as Gordon releases the new paint kit. Has the new radial textures!

Yippeee!!!! Many thanks!!

Adam.

txnetcop
July 21st, 2016, 16:45
Thank you guys! AWESOME!!!

ksheadley
July 21st, 2016, 16:47
Thank you for all of your hard work. Looking forward to getting acquainted with V3

E69_Brisafresca
July 21st, 2016, 17:22
Thank you for your hard and good work.:wavey:

Regards

Brisafresca

Ian Warren
July 21st, 2016, 17:22
:adoration: I'll just stick my head in the pea soup , looking forward to it :santahat:

Adamski_NZ
July 21st, 2016, 17:32
I'm quite speechless (!!). I'm sure downloads will break all records - and that this thread probably will too!

Let me have the honour to be one of the first to congratulate the team over this quite incredible piece of work. Simply amazing!

Go to go now ... :biggrin-new: I have some familiarisation to do!

Adam.

stovall
July 21st, 2016, 18:19
The day has finally arrived. Very easily one of the very best aircraft ever offered to our community. Thanks to the team for a fantastic job. Very much appreciated.

flaviossa
July 21st, 2016, 18:27
Thanks a lot! Another gift SOH and the DC3 team give us. Amazing work :applause::applause:

StormILM
July 21st, 2016, 18:37
Got er downloaded and ran a quick test flight. Magnificent! A tip of the hat and THANK YOU to those involved in bringing this model to fruition! New special buys are Christmas offers from the ALDI Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?aldi/).

Thog10
July 21st, 2016, 19:02
Many thanks. What a beautiful aircraft!

Ian Warren
July 21st, 2016, 19:13
I just phoned 'Barf' on this release, Just to let Wigram guys in the back know there efforts have really sparkled, I am in awe of this cockpit and the so many other features ... the team REALLY has done a absolute outstanding piece of work here.:eagerness:

rampa
July 21st, 2016, 19:17
Beatiful! thank you very much!!!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40691&stc=1

dvj
July 21st, 2016, 19:27
Clearly, you are masters of your craft. The contribution to the flight sim community goes beyond words.

-d

Jafo
July 21st, 2016, 19:39
The day has finally arrived. Very easily one of the very best aircraft ever offered to our community. Thanks to the team for a fantastic job. Very much appreciated.

What he said...;)

gman5250
July 21st, 2016, 19:40
Fantastic news!!!!

Adam.

For everyone who already has skins for the previous MJ C-47, your skins will work with this model. You won't have Ted's new radials when using previous skins.

Re: The Paint Kit

The PK will be uploaded tomorrow AM and includes all layers you would need to do comprehensive paints. All of the layers are broken out for extensive editing. Ted was generous enough to provide me with his radials in layered format, so they will be available for painters to drop into previous paints.

The PK will also come with a set of basic metal skins to use as a base layer for paints. All wear and shadowing is available in PS layers format.
I've also created a set of enhanced bump maps and specular files that can be added to your skins, old or new. The bump and specular files will globally update all old skins and come with a readme file for easy installation.

I've formatted my package to utilize a shared texture format, so all common files will reside in the shared folder while your skins will be added in the usual way.

I'll be providing a tutorial for those interested in exploring "skinning" in more depth.

When I release the PK, I'll start a new thread to cover paint tips, questions and tech talk. We'll leave this thread for screenies and appreciation of this beautiful offering by Jan Visser, Manfred Jahn and team. Thank you sirs for inviting me to be part of the process. :very_drunk:

https://c4.staticflickr.com/2/1443/26001188755_1f67bc3f43_o.jpg

ayrton74
July 21st, 2016, 19:40
MGNIFIQUE - Merci beaucoup pour ce fabuleux travail. C'est Noël avant l'heure

b24_witchcraft
July 21st, 2016, 19:41
Beautiful aircraft - thank you! :applause:

Alky
July 21st, 2016, 19:41
I'm old, almost didn't survive the shock of announcement, wish me luck, after my heart slows down I'm going to download and install. :very_drunk:

fuzz1
July 21st, 2016, 19:50
Incredible work and uniquely generous gift to the community. Many thanks to all involved.
I'm in awe of the talent and good taste demonstrated on so many levels with this classy bird.
I just sat in the cockpit for a good 20 min's or so with mouth agape, my attention jumping from one fine detail to another.
Then there are the engine details...the sounds...the list just goes on and on.

billhuntsman
July 21st, 2016, 20:04
Just finished my first flight. Thanks so much to all involved. Based on the previews I was expecting a lot and the actual experience was even better. Love the voice checklists and the sounds, both external and internal. Wow!

Bill

ark1320
July 21st, 2016, 20:11
I just completed reading the Operations Manual -- WOW! The thought and attention to detail that went into the development of this C-47 is as impressive as the amazing creative talents that brought it to life!

An outstanding accomplishment -- thank you.

Al

oldmsgt
July 21st, 2016, 20:31
One word.....BEAUTIFUL!!!
Many thanks to all involved in the production of this masterpiece!
:ernaehrung004:
The Old MSgt

siebolt
July 21st, 2016, 21:37
Downloading just now, but ............... grgrgrgrgr can't fly the thing for the first time on sunday, thanks to busy live.
Waited a long time, but it was wurth the waiting.
GREAT WORK THANKS TO THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John "Siebolt"

hairyspin
July 21st, 2016, 21:46
The library will be besieged! Fantastic work!

olderndirt
July 21st, 2016, 21:51
Everything it promised to be, and more. Christmas in July.

PeteHam
July 21st, 2016, 22:39
Absolutely Fantastic :applause: :applause:

Many thanks to all who produced this classic.

Well done :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:

Pete.

PHo17
Thank you very much for this wonderful airplane! Downloading now.

Pekka

According to DL speed many others are doing the same task. :biggrin-new:

Alky
Certainly as much and more than expected and now that the pain of waiting is over... it was worth it!!! :applause:

Postbaer61
July 22nd, 2016, 00:26
a real masterpiece !!
thanks so much to all involved. :wavey:
it's almost like christmas:santahat:

musterpilot
July 22nd, 2016, 01:15
Thank you thank you fantastic been worth the wait just had my first flight
that cockpit is awsome
thanks once again for the team that made this come to life :victorious::cheerful:

chet twowolves
July 22nd, 2016, 01:18
Just want to say.Thank you to all who worked so hard to bring us a outstanding!!!!!!!!!! C47/DC3. I took up for 1/2 hour. Fly's like a dream. Again thank you.

ce_zeta
July 22nd, 2016, 01:54
Wow!
Amazing!! ¡Maravilloso! Tres fantastique! Wundebar!

Thank you all the team involved in this marvelous project.

Hehehe, the forums are heavily loaded at this moment... All the flightsim community is anxious to get this gem.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

klnowak
July 22nd, 2016, 02:41
What a wonderful work. Great job. That was worth waiting for !!!!

Greetings
Klaus

paulopp
July 22nd, 2016, 03:16
She's a beauty! Thank you so much and carry on!

Best, paulopp

shadowcaster
July 22nd, 2016, 03:37
A real gem thank you, thank you, thank you.:applause::applause::jump::jump:

Cheers
Rich

TeiscoDelRay
July 22nd, 2016, 05:52
Wonderful plane and cockpit, thanks. I know it's beta so hope you can get the interior and panel lights to work soon as I do mostly evening and night flights.

Rhinozherous
July 22nd, 2016, 05:53
This is really the greatest DC-3/C-47 I have ever seen! So much great detail, useful tools, optic and sound!
I think that have been said often now, but this Plane have not to hide from a lot of Payware birds! Some of them are way behind this bird!

Thank you very much! :jump:

big-mike
July 22nd, 2016, 06:17
Outstanding work,guys!
Thank you all for the long and hard work on this plane.
Your work is much appreciated.:applause:
Mike

dc10boy
July 22nd, 2016, 06:19
This is simply fantastic!

HatulBitzot
July 22nd, 2016, 06:32
Thank you very very much, It is a great aircraft.

Bruce Thompson
July 22nd, 2016, 06:43
Thank you all for the wonderful gift, you people are what makes SOH so special.

Yossarian1943
July 22nd, 2016, 07:59
Had my first test flight a few hours ago. Impressive work.

Excellent modelling, awesome cockpit textures and a brilliant sound!

Absolutely amazing work.

Thanks so much. :jump:

BTW Anybody an idea why the SOH Server is so busy?

falcon409
July 22nd, 2016, 09:05
. . . . .BTW Anybody an idea why the SOH Server is so busy?
Yes, most likely because of this very aircraft. Since it's release last evening there have been over 750 downloads. . .that'll probably slow things down a bit.

Yossarian1943
July 22nd, 2016, 10:42
Yes, most likely because of this very aircraft. Since it's release last evening there have been over 750 downloads. . .that'll probably slow things down a bit.

I know, that was poor a attempt of a German to be humorous :a1310:

txnetcop
July 22nd, 2016, 11:03
I had already thanked the TEAM earlier but I really want to express my extreme surprise and joy at the fact that this aircraft was so well made that even an OLD socket 775 motherboard with 4 GB of memory and a QX 9650 runs this BABY at over 40 fps EVERYWHERE on FSX STEAM! You guys are the cat's MEOW!
Ted

Ian Warren
July 22nd, 2016, 12:26
I know, that was poor a attempt of a German to be humorous :a1310:
:biggrin-new: Were would we be without it :biggrin-new: .... :encouragement:

menef
July 22nd, 2016, 12:27
Thank you Gentlemen !!!! :applause:

PRB
July 22nd, 2016, 13:08
Now THAT's an airplane! LOVE how it shakes and rattles on the ground. After so many countless teaser screenies and videos over the years I honestly thought it couldn't possibly live up to the hype.

I was wrong.

napacon
July 22nd, 2016, 13:17
thanks to all !! Wonderful!!

Roger
July 22nd, 2016, 13:40
Beautiful!!:engel016: Vc day and a night shot with a temporary cabin light 'til the team add the real deal:wiggle:

http://i.imgbox.com/Iopdwu5k.jpg (http://imgbox.com/Iopdwu5k)

http://i.imgbox.com/GhPDWIvz.jpg (http://imgbox.com/GhPDWIvz)

Terry
July 22nd, 2016, 13:52
Great model, thanks. Now please tell me what the noise is rolling at about 40 knots? Sounds like a crowd outside throwing large rocks at the plane.

griphos
July 22nd, 2016, 14:27
Are you running Accufeel?

Yossarian1943
July 22nd, 2016, 15:03
On my way from Germany to ...mmmh Africa! Or .....Australia!

Love my new office!

CrazyCanuck
July 22nd, 2016, 15:07
''Cover me Goose... I am going in''...

Starting download now.

StormILM
July 22nd, 2016, 15:27
Great model, thanks. Now please tell me what the noise is rolling at about 40 knots? Sounds like a crowd outside throwing large rocks at the plane.

It's a sound effect that corresponds to the vibration of items in the cockpit and structure in general (which is quite common in older aircraft and in some newer ones). It sounds pretty good & accurate from the VC but the negative is that it's also audible on the exterior of this model. I'm sure they will eventually tune up the sound details in due time but in the meantime, a user can mute the sounds by either using null sound files or commenting out the appropriate file lines.

Ian Warren
July 22nd, 2016, 16:08
Wait till ya ride an old freight type .. it lurch's and rattles , this is so well done with this C-47/DC-3 and even a passenger class seat ... me in the Jump seat :adoration: it has this real creaking sound to it .... tho the PAX cabin is a lot quieter.

Anthin
July 22nd, 2016, 17:33
Thank you Sirs.This is a wonderful gift.
The work involved in this work of Art is
staggering.

I can't wait to fly it.

A million thanks.

Anthin.

PS.If anyone could do an Aer Lingus post war paint .

Obie311
July 22nd, 2016, 18:11
:encouragement:
This aircraft is great!! I was so excited (it was like opening a Christmas present when you're eight years old) even though I didn't have time to fly it, I just had to load it up and become familiar with the new (old) cockpit. I loved the sound of those radials idling.

One quick question though.... my view keys are all wackie. I use F9 for virtual cockpit, F10 for tower view, F11 is locked spot, and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs is Steam I have reassigned Top Down to F8. What parameter do I reassign so I can have my familiar view presets? Is it camera views? I have never done this before so I'd appreciate a little guidance.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this project. It has exceeded my expectations.

Regards,
Obie

familton
July 22nd, 2016, 18:52
Great plane!! Thanks SOH. Simply beautiful!

Has anyone noticed that there is a gauge (radiosvvc!DH125_RMI) called out the VC of the panel.cfg that is missing in the radiosvvc gauge? Bob.

AussieMan
July 22nd, 2016, 19:03
​First time I have been able to get on here in 17 hours because of a "Server too busy" message. Just want to say thank you to Jan and Manfred for such a great aircraft.

Yossarian1943
July 22nd, 2016, 19:57
Just finished my first long distance flight from Bremen, Germany to Nea Anchialos, Greece.
Need a Douglas Sleeper Transport! :running:

manfredc3
July 22nd, 2016, 20:46
Dang. Finally able to make a post.

Wow, Amazing, Fantastique, unbelievable,..... None of these words can come close to expressing the quality of this gem.

My compliments and gratitude to Manfred Jahn, Jan Visser and the rest of the team.

I was lucky that the download completed despite the website being overloaded.

Had a quick flight to admire this product of mutual flight simmers love. I could actually adjust the mixture, just by listening to the sound of the engines.

Jafo
July 22nd, 2016, 20:49
Now I gotta get the Paint Kit ... so I can get the Gooney Bird up and running. It's ex-RAAF so has the cargo doors....but was refitted with 'normal' seats, etc...;)

TerribleT
July 22nd, 2016, 20:54
Simply magnificent - handles like a real one and sounds like a real one of that vintage (no pretty seats and sound proofing). Thanks heaps!

511Flyer
July 22nd, 2016, 23:02
Nice work if you can get it. I tried about 50 times over a 14 hour time span yesterday, and have tried 10 times so far today. Still haven't been able to get it to download. Getting "waiting for sim-outhouse" message at the moment.

Alky
July 22nd, 2016, 23:41
"waiting for sim-outhouse" message at the moment.

F5 is your friend. :)

xpelekis
July 22nd, 2016, 23:46
Excellent work ! Thank you.

(I could use some SEA & Air America liveries...:untroubled:)

IanHenry
July 23rd, 2016, 00:12
Thank you so much to the whole team who produced this exquisite work of art. I think the whole of the flight sim community are in your debt, it's beautiful :applause:

Regards and again, thanks,

Ian & the whole FS community.

hschuit
July 23rd, 2016, 01:01
Just food for thought: A link to the C-47 Warbirds Library download has been posted on Flightsim.com. Now, many SOH members who have been donating to keep SOH afloat can hardly access the forums because the freeloaders are hammering the site trying to get their hands on the C-47. I typed this post in notepad because the 1st attempt got lost when I tried to submit and got another "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later" message LOL. Life just isn't fair is it :dizzy:

Adamski_NZ
July 23rd, 2016, 01:02
The highest accolade New Zealand can offer ...

https://s20.postimg.org/ko6f8ieyl/kiwi_oscar_159_235.jpg

... complete with custom-baked Pavlova!

Adam.

DaveB
July 23rd, 2016, 02:03
Just food for thought: A link to the C-47 Warbirds Library download has been posted on Flightsim.com. Now, many SOH members who have been donating to keep SOH afloat can hardly access the forums because the freeloaders are hammering the site trying to get their hands on the C-47. I typed this post in notepad because the 1st attempt got lost when I tried to submit and got another "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later" message LOL. Life just isn't fair is it :dizzy:

That seemed a sensible thing to do knowing how the server here was going to be hammered. Unfortunately, the model isn't uploaded to Flightsim.com. If you click on the download link, it brings you back here!! Wonder who's idea that was:dizzy:
ATB
DaveB:)

hschuit
July 23rd, 2016, 03:04
That seemed a sensible thing to do knowing how the server here was going to be hammered. Unfortunately, the model isn't uploaded to Flightsim.com. If you click on the download link, it brings you back here!! Wonder who's idea that was:dizzy:
ATB

From a Flightsim.com perspective that is a brilliant business model: They get the extra hits to keep their advertisers happy, we pay for the download bandwidth use.

jankees
July 23rd, 2016, 05:58
I'm in front of my computer for one day, and this is what I find! Great job guys!
Unfortunately I'm leaving again tomorrow...maybe I should bring a computer...

(I could use some SEA & Air America liveries...:untroubled:)

Air America is here (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/4198-manfred-jahns-douglas-c-47-v2-air-america-b-829/), but not yet with the new engine textures, maybe later...

edakridge
July 23rd, 2016, 06:03
OUTSTANDING! Great work guys! Flies great, trims out like a charm, and the VC is a work of art. One minor detail was left out of the upload though. No textures for the paratroops in the effects folder. I see black boxes coming out of the door. Overall an A+ though. I've spent good money for far less!

IanHenry
July 23rd, 2016, 06:08
She's a beauty

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll15/IanHenry994_2008/DC%203.png

Ickie
July 23rd, 2016, 06:13
at the moment I have it/the download turned off, to let the server breath, lol
I will turn back on later today

ksheadley
July 23rd, 2016, 06:23
Did gman ever get the paint kit up or has the server issue goofed up the works?

modelr
July 23rd, 2016, 06:25
at the moment I have it/the download turned off, to let the server breath, lol
I will turn back on later today

Thanks Ickie. Was able to get both but took multiple tries. Was able to download the other new files just now, which I couldn't do earlier, just because of the volume of traffic. No complaint, just observations. These are both excellent models, the C-47 and Milton's Turbo Mallard for FSX.:applause: Thanks to all involved. :applause:

ncooper
July 23rd, 2016, 06:25
OUTSTANDING! Great work guys! Flies great, trims out like a charm, and the VC is a work of art. One minor detail was left out of the upload though. No textures for the paratroops in the effects folder. I see black boxes coming out of the door. Overall an A+ though. I've spent good money for far less!

I am surprised.
Here is the effects folder you need.

ZsoltB
July 23rd, 2016, 06:48
The paintkit available? :wavey:

Double J
July 23rd, 2016, 07:04
I am surprised.
Here is the effects folder you need.

That one is in the original download but it doesn't address the black blobs for paratroopers.

edakridge
July 23rd, 2016, 07:04
Nope, still no texture bmp. Just effects.

Double J
July 23rd, 2016, 07:05
The paintkit available? :wavey: coming soon

gray eagle
July 23rd, 2016, 07:06
I like the new V3. I am having texture issues on the panel with some of the gauges looking a bit on the gray side. Some times they will be black and if I go to different views and return to the panel
some of the gauges will become gray looking. The one marked inop and the two to the left of it.

Also, for me when I apply the brakes, I've noticed that the plane will want to nose over, the tail wheel will tend to raise up.

Are the sound filesin V3 that of Tufuns? I remember in V2 we had options TF or another stock sound that was standard, don't know who did those.
I'm using FSXA

http://s31.postimg.org/j7sk8ly7v/DC3_gauges.jpg

Double J
July 23rd, 2016, 07:06
Nope, still no texture bmp. Just effects.

same problem are you using FSX or P3D?

gman5250
July 23rd, 2016, 07:42
I'm in front of my computer for one day, and this is what I find! Great job guys!
Unfortunately I'm leaving again tomorrow...maybe I should bring a computer...

Air America is here (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/4198-manfred-jahns-douglas-c-47-v2-air-america-b-829/), but not yet with the new engine textures, maybe later...

Jankees,

Those layers are in the PK. With the server being slammed I was not able to get in to do the upload. We'll let the smoke clear a bit and I get the PK posted up.

griphos
July 23rd, 2016, 07:44
@Grey Eagle: Is is possible you have cockpit lighting on? That will cause some weird effects at present.

As for the brakes causing the plane to nose down (rather than nose over), that is correct. Applying brakes, depending on speed, should compress the front gear and even reduce load or raise the rear wheel. I don't think you are in any danger of nosing over. However, correct technique would include pulling back on the yoke while braking.

As for paratroopers, there was some last second concern about getting them in the package correctly. If there is an issue to be addressed, I'm sure it will be in a future update or hotfix. They do not work in P3D, as the manual states, at present at least. But they do work in FSX, or at least did for the beta team (with one possible exception that wasn't fully vetted in order to get the package out asap).

Javis
July 23rd, 2016, 07:50
Thank you all for the compliments, folks, highly appreciated by the team and me ! :encouragement:

I have just uploaded the file to avsim and flightsim.com. That should get us back to normal here. :cool:

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
July 23rd, 2016, 07:55
Sorry about the missing paratrooper texture !

Here it is, please copy into your P3D or FSX/Effects/Texture folder:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/c47_paratext.zip

Cheers,
Jan

jankees
July 23rd, 2016, 08:52
Jankees,

Those layers are in the PK. With the server being slammed I was not able to get in to do the upload. We'll let the smoke clear a bit and I get the PK posted up.

no worries, I'm off to Sweden tomorrow anyway, 3 weeks holiday, yaj!
Though Zsolt may be less patient...

edakridge
July 23rd, 2016, 09:41
Javis, thanks but no worries! This is still a Beta. If that is all that I have to complain about............

gray eagle
July 23rd, 2016, 10:04
Your were right, the cockpit lighting came on (somehow) and that caused the gauge to look gray' turned them off and they are black. :)
As far as the nose tip over issue goes, the tailgear will raise up even at 18 knots. I rolled out from a dead stop, got it going a approx 20 knots and gently applied the brakes while pulling back on the joystick
and the tail wheel did raise up a bit.

BTW, is there a way to stop the noise clanking while the plane rolling down the runway? It stops when airborne.
I've pinpointed the sounds that I am talking about: seatshake sounds. I backed them up but I guess they are on a xml inventory list and if I changed the extensions to bak
then I get a warning screen when flying the plane.

EDIT: the tail wheel will raise up even when you are stopping from a taxi. IMHO I think it a bit too sensitive.

@Grey Eagle: Is is possible you have cockpit lighting on? That will cause some weird effects at present.

As for the brakes causing the plane to nose down (rather than nose over), that is correct. Applying brakes, depending on speed, should compress the front gear and even reduce load or raise the rear wheel. I don't think you are in any danger of nosing over. However, correct technique would include pulling back on the yoke while braking.

As for paratroopers, there was some last second concern about getting them in the package correctly. If there is an issue to be addressed, I'm sure it will be in a future update or hotfix. They do not work in P3D, as the manual states, at present at least. But they do work in FSX, or at least did for the beta team (with one possible exception that wasn't fully vetted in order to get the package out asap).

gandalf
July 23rd, 2016, 12:39
Beautiful job - well worth the wait.

ncooper
July 23rd, 2016, 12:55
As far as the nose tip over issue goes, the tailgear will raise up even at 18 knots. I rolled out from a dead stop, got it going a approx 20 knots and gently applied the brakes while pulling back on the joystick and the tail wheel did raise up a bit.

BTW, is there a way to stop the noise clanking while the plane rolling down the runway? It stops when airborne.
I've pinpointed the sounds that I am talking about: seatshake sounds. I backed them up but I guess they are on a xml inventory list and if I changed the extensions to bak
then I get a warning screen when flying the plane.
EDIT: the tail wheel will raise up even when you are stopping from a taxi. IMHO I think it a bit too sensitive.

If I set all the aircraft parameters to "realistic", then the aircraft does seem a little lively.
However, so does the A2A B17 which tips onto its nose with the slightest braking.
Either both aircraft are broken, not likely, or the realistic setting is not realistic, much more likely.
I keep the sliders in the middle and both aircraft seem to behave more like the real thing.
I am not a pilot but I am guessing that it quite possible to put any tail dragger onto its nose if
you try hard enough.

As to the rattles, the default sound folder contains a file named silence.wav which is exactly that, a silent file.
If you wish to remove any sounds, you can do this by making a copy of the silence.wav, renaming it to the
file name of the sound you don't like and replacing the file in the DGSounds folder with the new silent file.
There are three such seat rattle files and you will need to replace them all.

Personally, I think the rattles add to the aircraft, not take away but each to their own, I suppose.

THibben
July 23rd, 2016, 13:53
Took it up for my first flight and it flew like a dream. Took off from KPWT did a circuit and landed. All as smooth as can be.

Tom

Gdavis101
July 23rd, 2016, 14:33
Magnificent work! :applause::applause::applause:

Timmy74
July 23rd, 2016, 15:30
What a fantastic piece of work. Outstanding.

Thank you to all involved.

griphos
July 23rd, 2016, 15:49
I think 18 or 20 kts is too fast to taxi, and braking sharply at that speed will indeed move the cg to the nose. I've not flown a C-47 and have no idea whether the behavior of this model is realistic with respect to lifting the tail under braking, but I can tell you my Chief will lift her tail easily under braking if I don't hold the yoke back. And I've flown this version of the C-47 a great deal during Beta testing and both in FSX and P3D have noticed no untoward behavior under braking at normal taxi speeds.

wltaylor
July 23rd, 2016, 16:07
What a great aircraft. Thanks so much, Has become my favorite A/C

olderndirt
July 23rd, 2016, 17:55
Mixed answers on another forum. Is there a separate download for Ted's Wasp sounds (as in V2) or are they part of the new V3 download as it appears to say?

manfredc3
July 23rd, 2016, 18:19
Enjoying the Beta immensely.

Ted,

You have posted several liveries in the original thread, like the MAC Martin's Air Charter. Will these be made available, maybe as a livery pack?

griphos
July 23rd, 2016, 18:22
Ted's sounds are part of this package.

manfredc3
July 23rd, 2016, 19:42
THe answer to my question can be found here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84263-Attention-all-DC-3-fans-!&p=1034735&posted=1#post1034735

Post 1855!! Dang, that's a lot of posts :adoration:

ryanbatc
July 23rd, 2016, 19:47
This package is INSANE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the team! It looks (and is) incredible. I LOVE the sounds. Inside and outside seem perfect to my ears! I'm using it in P3D v3.3

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/More%20FS/dc34.jpg (http://s141.photobucket.com/user/ryanbatc/media/More%20FS/dc34.jpg.html)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/More%20FS/dc31.jpg (http://s141.photobucket.com/user/ryanbatc/media/More%20FS/dc31.jpg.html)

Alky
July 23rd, 2016, 19:56
I LOVE the sounds. Inside and outside seem perfect to my ears! I'm using it in P3D v3.3

I don't have P3D so I have no idea how different it is to FSX, but I'm curious if the sound settings are the same, and if so where are the sliders set to get the best sound experience from Ted's sounds? I'm using a headset while flying. Thank you. :)

ryanbatc
July 23rd, 2016, 20:02
I'm not sure of what to adjust. Also I wear a headset and I just installed the plane and let her rip!

TuFun
July 23rd, 2016, 20:13
I don't have P3D so I have no idea how different it is to FSX, but I'm curious if the sound settings are the same, and if so where are the sliders set to get the best sound experience from Ted's sounds? I'm using a headset while flying. Thank you. :)

This may help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2TiIr5Kyk

I have engines 100% and adjust my volume thru the external speakers (THX sound system).

Timmy74
July 23rd, 2016, 20:15
Sorry about the missing paratrooper texture !

Here it is, please copy into your P3D or FSX/Effects/Texture folder:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/c47_paratext.zip

Cheers,
Jan

Sorry Jan that still does not work for me?

manfredc3
July 23rd, 2016, 20:42
Jan,

I am so grateful that you came out of retirement to do the VVC. It is a master piece. I feel totally emerged every time I step in to the cockpit. :applause:

Only thing missing is the smell, and I tried an old pair of unwashed socks, but that didn't quite do it :mixed-smiley-027:

Hanimichal
July 23rd, 2016, 20:45
First thanks for masterpiece

I don't know if repaints is allowed but I did this for my own civilian flight
(click in image if want see larger)
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/24/2016-7-24_1-36-41-617.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFvB)
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/24/2016-7-24_1-37-8-933.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFvH)
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/24/2016-7-24_1-37-19-440.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFvI)

Alky
July 23rd, 2016, 20:46
This may help...

I have engines 100% and adjust my volume thru the external speakers (THX sound system).

I watched the video and I appreciate the quick reply. My only source of sound is my headset, my computer has no speakers attached due to "disturbing the family" issues. :)
I noticed the video had all the sliders at 50%, I'll try that. Thanks.

banjoman1960
July 23rd, 2016, 21:31

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/24/2016-7-24_1-36-41-617.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFvB)
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/24/2016-7-24_1-37-8-933.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFvH)
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/24/2016-7-24_1-37-19-440.md.jpg (http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GFvI)

were nice to upload this an maybee more,Jan wat do you say?

Cheers
Ralf

Javis
July 23rd, 2016, 22:50
were nice to upload this an maybee more,Jan wat do you say?

Cheers
Ralf

I say drat! I was wanting to do that !! :biggrin-new:

Great job, Hani ! :encouragement:

( maybe different color seat cushions and armrests too ? Black ?.... )

Go ahead and upload if you want !

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
July 23rd, 2016, 23:17
Sorry Jan that still does not work for me?

Really ?.. You did check that the 'fx_c47parajump.fx' file is in your Effects folder and the 2 'fx_para1' and -2. bmp's are in your Effects/Texture folder, did you ?

Truth is i did not try the parajumpers myself yet. In fact it's Daniel's addition and he's on holidays atm.

I'll try it asap and let you know.

cheers,
jan

rlaycock
July 23rd, 2016, 23:41
Hi
Just wanted to say a big thanks to the team who made this fantastic add on.
The DC3 C47 is one of me favourite aircraft and now we have a quality add on.

Thanks to all.

Bob

thunder100
July 23rd, 2016, 23:41
hat off,chapeau,a la bon heure,kotai

What a plane getting better and better

Try latest bare metal paint of TuFun(Here in libary) and you see all the beauty and lines of the plane in the reflecting scenery on the plane

What an experience

Roland

:applause::applause::applause:

banjoman1960
July 23rd, 2016, 23:43
Really ?.. You did check that the 'fx_c47parajump.fx' file is in your Effects folder and the 2 'fx_para1' and -2. bmp's are in your Effects/Texture folder, did you ?

Truth is i did not try the parajumpers myself yet. In fact it's Daniel's addition and he's on holidays atm.

I'll try it asap and let you know.

cheers,
jan

Work in FSX only

Cheers
Ralf

Javis
July 23rd, 2016, 23:58
Jan,

I am so grateful that you came out of retirement to do the VVC. It is a master piece. I feel totally emerged every time I step in to the cockpit. :applause:

Thank you, Manfred. :)

Only thing missing is the smell, and I tried an old pair of unwashed socks, but that didn't quite do it :mixed-smiley-027:

Here you go, Manfred : http://www.daleair.com/aromas/transport

Works a treat when i swap my virtual flying cap for a steam-engine driver's hat every now and then.

Ok, no typical vintage cockpit aroma yet but i did tell them about a vast community outthere who, on top of the visual and audio aspect, is eagerly waiting to get their noses involved into a virtual flying immersion as well. That's about two years ago... If i were Daleair i'd be on it like a fly on a turd ( believe it or not (check it out if not) while they don't offer aircraft cockpit aroma they do have pinguin droppings aroma amongst their vast collection ! :eek:)

cheers,
jan

TuFun
July 24th, 2016, 01:48
Thank you, Manfred. :)

cheers,
jan

I'm sorry for that! :untroubled:

BeaverDriver
July 24th, 2016, 02:36
I just wanted to add my immense gratitude to everyone who had a hand in the C47/DC3 project. This airplane has, in a couple of short days, soared to the top of my "favourites" list and has, at the very least, re-invigorated my interest in FSX. I've been in flight simming since the Sub-LOGIC (early) days and I know what kind of effort something like this takes. To share this gratis with the community reminds me of the good old days of FS, but is far, far beyond (in quality) anything I've experienced in those said "good old days". Thank you very, very much indeed. We are all deeply in your debt.

Glenn

BendyFlyer
July 24th, 2016, 05:36
Thank you and well done for the C47 version 3. Jan VisserManfred JahnTed WolfgangAlexander MetzgerHansjorg NageleDaniel GauthierRobert KerrTim ScharnhopMike CyulDave KingshottIan WarrenJakob Nielsen Tom HarnishKate ListerPhil HopkinsNick CooperRalf ScholtenGordon MadisonAlan AmpolskScott HarmesOlge Tr andTom EarlAn astonishingly good piece of work and collaborative communal flight simulator effort. Amazing what can be achieved by such work. Thanks for bringing the C-47/DC3 into the 21st Century and FSX/P3D.

nene
July 24th, 2016, 05:41
un grand merci à toute votre équipe pour nous avoir donné cette little bijou.

Brian Lee
July 24th, 2016, 06:31
Just a thank-you for a superb C-47 .

DCA0064

papab
July 24th, 2016, 06:50
Absolutely fantastic aircraft!
Thank you for all of the hours it took to create this masterpiece!

Rick

griphos
July 24th, 2016, 07:05
Just a note on the sounds: I tested in FSX and P3D and noticed no difference in sounds in either, although my sound settings are the same in both sims.

Might I point out the way that Ted managed the sounds to replicate the way engines sound when changing throttle settings without changing prop settings? Not only did he faithfully capture the wonderful tones of these Wasp engines, but he managed to capture the sound dynamics of variable prop aircraft in a way most simulations do not.

Superb work, Ted.

511Flyer
July 24th, 2016, 07:09
After two days of trying, I eventually managed to download and install it in both FSX and Steam. One thing I'm finding, is that some of the cockpit texture are grainy, especially when moving my eyepoint around the cockpit, and some of the writing is indistinct unless I zoom right in. This is in no way a criticism of the model, and it may well be down to one of my settings. So if anybody can give me some helpful advice, I'd be very grateful. Please don't say "should've gone to Specsavers"!

I found that it's easier to trim the aircraft by using throttle settings, rather than using the trim wheel. No problems flying it, and I'm enjoying the experience, so many thanks to all concerned.

http://s26.postimg.org/vrh877jop/C47_cockpit.jpg

Dennis.

semo
July 24th, 2016, 07:13
Thanks to all for such a beautiful aircraft. I'm not a huge DC-3 fan but this cockpit will probably convert me.

DCA996
July 24th, 2016, 07:16
As VP On-Line Flying at DC3 Airways it was obviously an immense pleasure to finally see the latest version of the C47 arrive. We at DC3 Airways fly only the DC3 and it's derivitives and also (rarely) the DC4. To have such a wonderful virtual aircraft to fly, be it P3D or FSX, with it's retro virtual cockpit, wonderful sounds and textures etc. is a fantastic addition to the immersion that I always try to engage in, especially when re-enacting WW2 events such as Market Garden which we intend to do this September.

Many, many thanks to the team and the testers for all the many hours of hard work the past 2-3 years and for providing the flight sim community with such an outstanding product and at an unbeatable price.

Kudos to you all and I personally look forward to many years of flying this wonderful aircraft and getting "as real as it gets" in my simming.

Glen Broome
DC3 Airways

snow_white
July 24th, 2016, 08:05
this for sure is one of those fsx releases that is going to go down in the annals of fsx. 10 year from now people will recall this development/release as i have done with milton shupe aero commander.

jan you and the team have created an absolute masterpiece. thank you we are very much indebted to you and your team.

it's going to have a very special place in my hanger

napacon
July 24th, 2016, 08:06
The One most Important event in The FSX world..Revitalizing a very Old sim in many a year...Thnx to all those Who gave Us this wonderful gift..Labor of love!

ncooper
July 24th, 2016, 09:49
After two days of trying, I eventually managed to download and install it in both FSX and Steam. One thing I'm finding, is that some of the cockpit texture are grainy, especially when moving my eyepoint around the cockpit, and some of the writing is indistinct unless I zoom right in. This is in no way a criticism of the model, and it may well be down to one of my settings. So if anybody can give me some helpful advice, I'd be very grateful. Please don't say "should've gone to Specsavers"!
I found that it's easier to trim the aircraft by using throttle settings, rather than using the trim wheel. No problems flying it, and I'm enjoying the experience, so many thanks to all concerned.

Dennis.

Hello Dennis,

The textures are 2048x2048, it might help if you increase your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= to 2048 as well.
You might also like to open the doors, switch on the interphone, press Shift+7, click the three No to three Yes and meet some new friends.:mixed-smiley-010:

https://s19.postimg.org/y0tqfh0r7/Untitled.jpg

ncooper
July 24th, 2016, 09:54
Hello gray eagle,
The file is, as I mentioned, in the FSX\P3D default sound folder.
It has nothing to do with the C 47.
However, if you still can't find it, I have attached a copy.

flattermann
July 24th, 2016, 11:32
Hi,
First of all thank you for this wonderful present!:encouragement:

A very little problem is the soundai folder. It doesn't work for native FSX DC-3 AI and it doesn't work with the new folder (because it is the same!). The sound of the C-47 is very wonderful - but not vor AI's. I know this issue touches only a few people. I think it would be better to get rid of this folder. You only hear the normal monotone voice of a lawn mower:adoration:

stretch1365
July 24th, 2016, 12:54
Hi all,

I downloaded the other day, no issues for me.

I have only managed to fly a few circuits at present, but I am so very impressed with this amazing creation. The functionality of the menu's and Virtual Cockpit remind me of the DC2 that was available a while back..............It is so wonderful to have a new DC3 in the hangers of our virtual worlds.

So I wanted to say a huge great big thank you to everyone involved in any way in creating this amazingly wonderful DC3. You have all created a true masterpiece.

Now looking forward to many wonderful repaints!

Thankyou.

Hanimichal
July 24th, 2016, 13:48
Jan thanks to allow repaints, this will enrich further this gem

I was unable to upload here in sim-outhouse then i sent to Flightsim and Simviation

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40813&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40814&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40815&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40816&stc=1

fuzz1
July 24th, 2016, 14:14
Looks great Hanimichal, thanks for your effort. This VC version would really suit your C47v2 'American' paint...one of my favorites for v2.
I really hope you will consider redoing this paint in 4096, to include the new engine textures, once the new paint kit is available.

alehead
July 24th, 2016, 14:40
Great news!!!

Congratulations to the whole team. I cannot wait until I get back from holiday here on the Baltic Coast to check her out...

Andrew Entwistle

jandmbear
July 24th, 2016, 14:59

I would love to have this cockpit mod!

jandmbear
July 24th, 2016, 15:01
First off, let me say THIS IS AWESOME!! Hell of job, and much thanks! Only question I have is a problem with the chocks. I cant get them to go away no matter how many times I click the chocks button on the control panel. they stay visible through all stages of taxi and flight. suggestions?

gray eagle
July 24th, 2016, 16:08
Pretty neat stuff here. My thanks to all who put this together. Sure are a lot of improvements over V2 of this DAK :encouragement:
The Jumpers are going for a football stadium below, hope they make it :)

http://s32.postimg.org/4u6ebwtlx/Jump.jpg

manfredc3
July 24th, 2016, 17:20
Here you go, Manfred : http://www.daleair.com/aromas/transport

Works a treat when i swap my virtual flying cap for a steam-engine driver's hat every now and then.

Ok, no typical vintage cockpit aroma yet but i did tell them about a vast community outthere who, on top of the visual and audio aspect, is eagerly waiting to get their noses involved into a virtual flying immersion as well. That's about two years ago... If i were Daleair i'd be on it like a fly on a turd ( believe it or not (check it out if not) while they don't offer aircraft cockpit aroma they do have pinguin droppings aroma amongst their vast collection ! :eek:)

cheers,
jan

Thanks Jan,

Now the socks can go in the wash.

And As my wife happens to have a thing for penguins I will have to have a look at athat as well :biggrin-new:

Spikehughes
July 24th, 2016, 18:01
fantastic aircraft - congratulations on a magnificent job !!!

One minor issue ( i am running FSX Acceleration ) with WIndows 10 and DX10 Fixer enabled.'
Everytime I load this aircraft I get an error " could not load Paddrand.bmp" is this a file from this aircraft ? or I am I chasing ghosts and this error is related to something else

StormILM
July 24th, 2016, 22:33
I just downloaded TunFun's Bare metal skin and again I'm getting a dull (nearly gray) appearance which doesn't match the screens. I posted this issue on the other thread but I'm seeing screens from other posters showing shiny metal on the same paints I have. Scratching my head here wondering if I have some missing or bad files?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40834&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40835&stc=1

511Flyer
July 24th, 2016, 23:35
Thanks for the information Nick. I'll try those settings and let you know how I get on. As well as meeting new friends, I was hoping that one day, I might get reacquainted with some old ones?

Dennis.

Timmy74
July 24th, 2016, 23:56
Jan thanks to allow repaints, this will enrich further this gem

I was unable to upload here in sim-outhouse then i sent to Flightsim and Simviation

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40813&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40814&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40815&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40816&stc=1

She looks fantastic! Could you maybe post a link to this file please?

Cheers,
Tim.

banjoman1960
July 24th, 2016, 23:59
http://i67.tinypic.com/254yazb.jpg

Thank´s :encouragement:

huub vink
July 25th, 2016, 00:12
I just downloaded TunFun's Bare metal skin and again I'm getting a dull (nearly gray) appearance which doesn't match the screens. I posted this issue on the other thread but I'm seeing screens from other posters showing shiny metal on the same paints I have. Scratching my head here wondering if I have some missing or bad files?

Obviously the alpha layers do not load. TuFun's textures are made in 4096x4096 format. Perhaps this is a bit too much for your computer. On my humble system 2048X2048 is the maximum size which will load in a reasonable time. You should also have you maximum texture size adjusted in your fsx configuration file, by updating the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= value.

I hope this is useful for you,

Huub

banjoman1960
July 25th, 2016, 00:15
http://i65.tinypic.com/2vueamb.jpg

banjoman1960
July 25th, 2016, 00:18
http://i65.tinypic.com/2vueamb.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/2ntz493.jpg

Ian Warren
July 25th, 2016, 00:27
Ya Gotta love MP Flights .. Previous MP I'd never seen so many C-47/DC-3 in one go ... Soooo, there will be a next time shortly :encouragement:

StormILM
July 25th, 2016, 00:55
Obviously the alpha layers do not load. TuFun's textures are made in 4096x4096 format. Perhaps this is a bit too much for your computer. On my humble system 2048X2048 is the maximum size which will load in a reasonable time. You should also have you maximum texture size adjusted in your fsx configuration file, by updating the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= value.

I hope this is useful for you,

Huub

I ran through different settings with the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= but to no avail. The only other models I have that this happens with are the Restauravia Mirage models with bare metal. All of the other high end bare metal repaints/models I have work fine. Come to think of it, I had some previous high end (4096) bare metal textures before that worked fine on other models and MJ's C-117. That's what makes this issue so odd. My system specs are pretty good (fairly current hardware).

huub vink
July 25th, 2016, 02:04
Sorry to hear that StromILM. Most likely it has to do with the specific way your graphic card handles alpha layers. I don't see any similarities on the textures of the Restauravia Mirage and Tufun's textures, which do not exist on other textures, and which are likely to cause this anomaly.

Tim, the blue interior is not yet available at Flightsim.com, but can already be found at simviation ( http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-0 ).

Cheers,
Huub

Adamski_NZ
July 25th, 2016, 02:20
Just thought I'd mention that I've re-vamped my old V2 ZK-DAK livery. The new V3-compatible version comes with two resolutions plus standard or mip-mapped variants. I found the stripes on the nose got a bit pixellated - even at 2048px, so re-did the lot at 4096px.

This is one of my all-time favourite aircraft in RL, so it's great to have it in P3D! Should work OK in FSX.

https://s20.postimg.org/glgzndpz1/zkdak_v3_01_157_1350.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/rmc4sei7x/zkdak_v3_02_769_1350.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/wme6e3d8d/zkdak_v3_03_761_1350.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/nfvvqt7zx/zkdak_v3_04_960_1350.jpg

The file can be found here:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5762-manfred-jahns-douglas-c-47-v3-zk-dak-nz-warbirds/

Adam.

huub vink
July 25th, 2016, 02:47
Its a great repaint Adam and one of my favourites as well.

TuFun gave me his permission to install his latest radials on my repaints. Therefore I am planning to upload my reworked KLM and DDA textures etc. for the V.3 version of this beautiful model.

Cheers,
Huub

banjoman1960
July 25th, 2016, 03:04
Just thought I'd mention that I've re-vamped my old V2 ZK-DAK livery. The new V3-compatible version comes with two resolutions plus standard or mip-mapped variants. I found the stripes on the nose got a bit pixellated - even at 2048px, so re-did the lot at 4096px.

This is one of my all-time favourite aircraft in RL, so it's great to have it in P3D! Should work OK in FSX.

https://s20.postimg.org/glgzndpz1/zkdak_v3_01_157_1350.jpg

The file can be found here:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5762-manfred-jahns-douglas-c-47-v3-zk-dak-nz-warbirds/

Adam.

Thank´s.
nice paint......
i work on some smoke now,here a test........

http://i66.tinypic.com/339pqms.jpg

ZsoltB
July 25th, 2016, 03:28
http://kepkezelo.com/images/0u32gool4j88cq4d8q94.jpg

http://kepkezelo.com/images/7aargq03y6s5uzvmxfd2.jpg

Adamski_NZ
July 25th, 2016, 04:17
Nice smoke!! Don't overdo it, aor you'll spoil NZ's "clean and green" image! LOL!

Adam.

banjoman1960
July 25th, 2016, 04:33
Nice smoke!! Don't overdo it, aor you'll spoil NZ's "clean and green" image! LOL!

Adam.

i will try:ernaehrung004:........

i try to get it work only when trottle is more than 70%........., i think i get it work(p3dv3)

paulopp
July 25th, 2016, 05:53
@ Hanimichal

Great VC textures, thank you ��

511Flyer
July 25th, 2016, 06:17
Nick. Checked cfg and found already 2048x2048. I'll fiddle.

D.

Lee Mumbower
July 25th, 2016, 08:49
I need help! I have down loaded three times, when I go to fly the C47 I can only get the inside view, I cannot switch to the out side view, and only get one paint no other? Can some one help? Thanks Lee

Alky
July 25th, 2016, 09:24
By the looks of the number of Mallard uploads, G-man will need to take number to get the PK uploaded! :biggrin-new:

gman5250
July 25th, 2016, 10:02
By the looks of the number of Mallard uploads, G-man will need to take number to get the PK uploaded! :biggrin-new:

Speaking of which....

I had to wait three days, but this AM I got two skins and the PK uploaded. The two skins have the new HD bumps and spec included.
Just waiting for admin to switch them live. :very_drunk:
Let the games begin.

DaveB
July 25th, 2016, 10:16
I've just had a look at Tufun's TFS bare metal paint and I have to say it's one of the best bare metal skins I've ever seen. The bumps on it are superb. You don't fancy re-skinning the MV F100-D do you Ted:encouragement:

ATB

MDIvey
July 25th, 2016, 10:26
Thanks to all who worked on this project... wonderful stuff

Matt

gman5250
July 25th, 2016, 10:51
I've just had a look at Tufun's TFS bare metal paint and I have to say it's one of the best bare metal skins I've ever seen. The bumps on it are superb. You don't fancy re-skinning the MV F100-D do you Ted:encouragement:

ATB

I think Ted did this gorgeous skin using the first PK I did for the MJ DAK. The new PK is uploaded with improvements for the new V3 bird from Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn. I was able to upload a new skin, which has an improved version of the bumps that Ted used in his silver metal skin.

Keyword: Douglas C-47 V3 Oldskin

Also, watch for the update kit that has the new HD bump set and generic specular file for V3.

Redglyph
July 25th, 2016, 10:55
I need help! I have down loaded three times, when I go to fly the C47 I can only get the inside view, I cannot switch to the out side view, and only get one paint no other? Can some one help? Thanks Lee
Hello,

Could you be more precise in describing what you're doing ("I cannot switch to the outside view")?
If you're using the infamous EZdok, chances are you cannot see the aircraft properly from the external view, because you need to launch the EZCA Config (normally, you must do that for every new aircraft you add to P3D/FSX). If that's something else, since we're not psychics, we'll need more details, like what simulator, version, what you do, what you see ;)

Stickshaker
July 25th, 2016, 11:41
Manfred, Jan & Team, a true work of art! Thank you so much for devoting your energy and talent to this project!<o:p></o:p>

DaveB
July 25th, 2016, 12:36
I think Ted did this gorgeous skin using the first PK I did for the MJ DAK. The new PK is uploaded with improvements for the new V3 bird from Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn. I was able to upload a new skin, which has an improved version of the bumps that Ted used in his silver metal skin.

Keyword: Douglas C-47 V3 Oldskin

Also, watch for the update kit that has the new HD bump set and generic specular file for V3.

Thanks Graham.. kudos to you both:applause:
ATB

Timmy74
July 25th, 2016, 12:46
Hello,

Could you be more precise in describing what you're doing ("I cannot switch to the outside view")?
If you're using the infamous EZdok, chances are you cannot see the aircraft properly from the external view, because you need to launch the EZCA Config (normally, you must do that for every new aircraft you add to P3D/FSX). If that's something else, since we're not psychics, we'll need more details, like what simulator, version, what you do, what you see ;)

I believe Lee maybe referring to the fact that their is no "spot" -hence outside views- of the aircraft assigned to the F11 and f12 keys. The best way for Lee to see the outside view of the aircraft is to press the "S" key.

Timmy74
July 25th, 2016, 12:54

Hello Lee,

Your download seems to be correct. Their is only one paint. The other one's textures got left out of the release.

As for your outside views....the standard assigned F11 and F12 keys for "spot" and "top down" views have been re-assigned to (F11) cockpit view -which i do not understand- and then (F12) which is right engine start up view, so you can count the props on start up.

I tend to use the "S" key to get the outside view and then assign it to "Lock-Spot".

I hope this helps you out?

Cheers,
Tim.

YoYo
July 25th, 2016, 12:54
http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/C-47P3D1j_apxexew.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/C-47P3D3j_apxexes.jpg

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/C-47P3D2j_apxexea.jpg

expat
July 25th, 2016, 13:09
https://s32.postimg.org/93j1c5gqt/aac47.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/nmq6dk9vl/)free picture upload (https://postimage.org/)

TuFun
July 25th, 2016, 13:10
Thanks Graham.. kudos to you both:applause:
ATB

Thanks Dave, used Gordon's excellent v.2 PK as credited in the readme file. I know we don't read those... to excited to fly this C47! :biggrin-new:

eagleye100
July 25th, 2016, 13:37
Well done guys for super impressive job and hats off to all who were involve in this well anticipated project of the year.

Regards.

Alky
July 25th, 2016, 14:12
Hello Lee,

Your download seems to be correct. Their is only one paint. The other one's textures got left out of the release.

There are two paints, the paratrooper folder uses the texture.cfg to display the plane and has a different VC file with a light specifically for the paratroopers.

DCA996
July 25th, 2016, 15:40
Ya Gotta love MP Flights .. Previous MP I'd never seen so many C-47/DC-3 in one go ... Soooo, there will be a next time shortly :encouragement:

DC3 Airways hope to have 20+ C47's in the air for Market Garden in September! A joint operation with Bluegrass, Ever Green Air, Flight Ontario, Flightsim.com MP adventures etc.. SOH and others are also welcome to participate in this event which will be hosted via FSINN. Server Id's and passwords will be made available in late August. Scenery, effects and routing details will be included in the posting also.

A posting will be made at DC3 Airways in mid August with further details.

Hopefully the P3D guys can get a paratroop function operating before then.

Good job we are not doing the D day night time paradrop! :adoration:

Adamski_NZ
July 25th, 2016, 16:32
I had to wait three days, but this AM I got two skins and the PK uploaded. The two skins have the new HD bumps and spec included.

I see the new skins (yay!!!) but not the paint kit. Is it live yet? Is there a link I somehow missed?

Adam.

EDIT: Found it (many thanks!!!!): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=176&id=21662

manfredc3
July 25th, 2016, 16:35
Just saw Gman's liveries and PK made avail.

Wohoo!! Looking forward to see all the skilled painter's here to do their magic.

Thanks for all your effort Gman

EDIT: Correction, the PK is indeed missing!

EDIT 2: It is not showing on the home page yet, but it is avail here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21662&catid=176

Timbohobo
July 25th, 2016, 16:55
Been trying to post here for a few days, (and a ton of others are too I presume)

Thanks so much for this wonderful aircraft, ever since I can remember I have loved the C47 (Tintin in Tibet?) and this new version is THE bees-knees

Just grabbed the paintkit (thanks gman) just now, cant wait to paint one I've been wanting for a while

Cheers :applause:

BeaverDriver
July 25th, 2016, 17:26
Thank you for the paint kit!! It looks very good indeed. Much appreciated :)

Glenn

Adamski_NZ
July 25th, 2016, 17:42
I'm working with the new paint kit now (gulp!!) - thanks, Gman!!!

Great idea to have the two textures side-by-side. Now we know that colour changes are applied correctly to *both* textures!

Adam.

Flyboy208
July 25th, 2016, 18:00
A pure joy to fly Gentlemen ! Really appreciate all the effort from the combined team ! Mike :ernaehrung004:

Lee Mumbower
July 25th, 2016, 18:04
Thank you Timmy 74, you are a gentleman, all is well now, great plane. Lee

TuFun
July 25th, 2016, 18:17
Speaking of which....

Let the games begin.

Thanks "G"... so much detail in the PK... beautiful! :encouragement:

THibben
July 25th, 2016, 18:19
Is there a way to hide the yokes?

Thanks,

Tom

TuFun
July 25th, 2016, 18:22
Is there a way to hide the yokes?

Thanks,

Tom

Yes, page 10 in the manual first picture "click to hide/ unhide yokes."

Edit: Didn't have any pics, so loaded up the sim to show the locations on the panel.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/TwFun/STUFF/yoke_zpshvcchjx3.jpg~original

TerribleT
July 25th, 2016, 18:28
The yokes can be hidden by clicking the little red notices on the instrument panel just above the yokes themselves - individual removal means you can leave either one in place if you wish.

Jafo
July 25th, 2016, 19:05
Got the PK....convinced it to load into my preferred PSP6 ....the 2 images in one makes things 'easier'...now just got to get my Gooney Bird paint to 'fit'. Looks like a total redraw so gonna be a while...;)

Alky
July 25th, 2016, 19:38
Is there anyway to have the copilot, flight attendant and the interphone switch active by default? Is there a config I can edit to do that?
Half the time I forget to turn them on and I find it to be a good feature. One time I forgot to throttle back after take off and the copilot told me I was pushing it too hard. :)

gman5250
July 25th, 2016, 20:10
Gentleman and ladies...

The PK is uploaded and admin has pulled the trigger, so download that baby and get to work.

Briefing Notes:

I run Photoshop CS6 so let me know if there are issues in earlier versions of PS, Paint, Corel, Gimp or others. I'll see what I can do.
No need to credit me with your skins created with my PK, but if you feel inclined it's always appreciated.

It's freeware...let's keep it that way. TY

I've pre-set the layers to render the flattened images in a more or less correct representation of real world. Of course, there is endless flexibility built in to the layer options for those who want to stretch.

The common texture file in the JV/MH C-47 V3 does not utilize a generic spec texture. Be sure to include a dedicated spec texture sheet for your individual skins.

I've created a basic metal skin with HD bump and generic spec texture sheet (separate download). Drop the bump and spec sheets in the common texture file and create a fallback texture.cfg doc pointing to the common file. Use mine from the metal skin as a template if you wish.

Your old skins will update automatically if you use my bump and spec files. To add Ted's radial to your old files, drop your .bmp or .dds texture sheet into the PK, enable the TF radial layer, flatten your image and re-convert in DXTbmp freeware.

If you want to use 4K texture sheets (4096 x 4096), add your alpha layer as a channel in PS and export as .bmp format. This file will open in DXTbmp freeware without compressing to 2048. Save it out as a DXT5 or 32bit .dds file for the sim. I use 32 bit for my color skins, DXT5 for details and DXT3 for bumps.

Be advised: NVIDIA normal maps will cause shader issues with this model. You will get a hard shade line down the fuse top, nacelle seams etc if you try to make your own bump map. Save yourself a headache and use the one I provided. If you are familiar with the old school method of making bump maps knock yourself out.

Rivet and panel layers are included in the PK. There is always room for improvement in this area, so if you add detail feel free to share with the rest of us. lol

K...that's it.

Enjoy friends...this one was on me. :very_drunk:

YoYo
July 25th, 2016, 22:06
Nice and thank You!

Adamski_NZ
July 25th, 2016, 23:10
Just as quick update for all the folks that have already grabbed the ZK-DAK livery: I've fixed the tailfin texture (among other things).

Please re-download from OzX:

https://s20.postimg.org/j9k82yn5p/zk_dak_01_130_1350.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/n77hsd9z1/zk_dak_02_42_1350.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/4g5ki7fel/zk_dak_03_962_1350.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/4hfibmh8d/zk_dak_04_15_1350.jpg

Adam.

Ian Warren
July 25th, 2016, 23:28
Looking the part matey, we have so many choice subject paints for this:encouragement:

ZsoltB
July 25th, 2016, 23:41
http://kepkezelo.com/images/aq8aclnem1x8aoqklgr9.jpg

http://kepkezelo.com/images/z7pqrdamrn9cqd4w18vm.jpg

ce_zeta
July 26th, 2016, 00:20
Yeah! Thank you very much Gordon! :applause:

mvg3d
July 26th, 2016, 00:21
Hi Jan,
Can I hope in a XC-47C (floatplane) ?
:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

TuFun
July 26th, 2016, 00:30
http://kepkezelo.com/images/aq8aclnem1x8aoqklgr9.jpg

Looking good... paratrooper door is #4!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/TwFun/STUFF/Paratrooper%20door_zpsggz7aduq.jpg~original

ZsoltB
July 26th, 2016, 00:36
Looking good... paratrooper door is #4!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/TwFun/STUFF/Paratrooper%20door_zpsggz7aduq.jpg~original

:dizzy: Yes!

Thanks! Good, not torn down, the door :biggrin-new:

ZsoltB
July 26th, 2016, 00:52
http://kepkezelo.com/images/63p49bpf9so0epo2hv4u.jpg

menef
July 26th, 2016, 01:15
Hi mates!!! I've just installed Hani's blue cockpit paint and I was wondering what real world Dak have been painted this way. My Hamlet-like dilemma is :
military birds where green and civil operated ones where ( or are ) blue ( light blue )???
Being this addon so perfect, it would be a pity ( at least for me ) to have a perfect model and external paint with a wrong interior painting.

ayrton74
July 26th, 2016, 01:37
Is there anyway to have the copilot, flight attendant and the interphone switch active by default? Is there a config I can edit to do that?
Half the time I forget to turn them on and I find it to be a good feature. One time I forgot to throttle back after take off and the copilot told me I was pushing it too hard. :)

The check-List is your friend hihihihi

Deacon211
July 26th, 2016, 02:16
Beautiful work guys!

I have kept my round the world tour on hold in India waiting for this release.

Now I'm off again across the hump! :biggrin-new:

cavaricooper
July 26th, 2016, 02:46
Any chance of the RAE version getting a do-over now that Gordon has released the PK?

TIA!

C

THibben
July 26th, 2016, 05:59

Edit: Didn't have any pics, so loaded up the sim to show the locations on the panel.

Thanks, I printed the manual and read it twice and totally missed that note up in the corner of the photo. I guess these old eyes are getting a little weak...grin.

Tom

DaveB
July 26th, 2016, 07:22
Just installed the 50940 skin and find it's looking a bit odd above the flightdeck. Textures from the included folder added to the v3 texture folder and allowed to overwrite.
http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/c47v3.jpg

Also.. reading back through the thread, I notice my brain and fingers lost sync. My thanks should have read Thanks Gordon.. not Graham:dizzy:
ATB

ceo1944
July 26th, 2016, 07:23
Any of you DC-3/C-47 pilots up for a real professional challenge?

Try flying any of these complete flights, and see if you can maintain an on-time schedule. You must taxi to the ramp on each landing and at least open the doors for a minute to simulate passenger/baggage loading.

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/complete/pi57/pi57-3.jpg

Dutch

TuFun
July 26th, 2016, 07:31
Thanks, I printed the manual and read it twice and totally missed that note up in the corner of the photo. I guess these old eyes are getting a little weak...grin.

Tom

BW photos are little bit harder to see those items than a color photo would I think. I didn't notice it myself until I zoomed in on that red tag and click on it. :biggrin-new:

griphos
July 26th, 2016, 07:54
Yes, the desire for period aesthetics probably inadvertently made the manual a little less user-friendly. Mea culpa. However, an earlier (and more error-ridden) version in color is still available through the link posted in the original C-47 thread. I can correct that manual and am sure the team would be happy to include both in future updates.

gman5250
July 26th, 2016, 08:17
Just installed the 50940 skin and find it's looking a bit odd above the flightdeck. Textures from the included folder added to the v3 texture folder and allowed to overwrite.

Also.. reading back through the thread, I notice my brain and fingers lost sync. My thanks should have read Thanks Gordon.. not Graham:dizzy:
ATB

No worries about the Graham thing. My wife's name is Daylight and people always call her Rainbow! :biggrin-new:

I'll touch up that flaw you pointed out Dave, and post up a patch. Thanks for pointing that out. Guilty as charged...too many pots on the fire and missed that one.

Javis
July 26th, 2016, 09:17
Hani beat me to it but i was also looking forward to play around with the VC colors a bit. Here's a first try in 'vintage black' with faded brown upholstery and padding. Should go nicely with a civilan DC-3 i guess ?....

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/vvcblack2.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/vvcblack1.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/vvcblack3.jpg

Also trying a grey colored VC. I might try a grey'ish panel too.

Cheers,
Jan

falcon409
July 26th, 2016, 09:25
Jan, I actually like that better than the original. Nice job!

DaveB
July 26th, 2016, 09:58
Yup.. I like that too Ed:encouragement:

Rgr on the patch Gordon:encouragement:
ATB

gman5250
July 26th, 2016, 09:59
Nice Jan!!!

edakridge
July 26th, 2016, 10:26
I think that the Grey would look with Hani Michel's American Airlines Repaint or maybe this Delta one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJaCQ33eO4

YoYo
July 26th, 2016, 10:52
http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DouglasC-_apxswrr.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/DouglasC-_apxswrn.jpg

sbp
July 26th, 2016, 10:53
One word.....BEAUTIFUL!!!
Many thanks to all involved in the production of this masterpiece!
:ernaehrung004:
The Old MSgt

"The Old MSgt", Sez it ALL ! OH, the Sound, the Sound, WOOF!

"Older MSgt" (sbp)

gray eagle
July 26th, 2016, 11:01
Some good info about that antenna of the nose of the C47 aircraft from way back in the day

http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=373570

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/rahauoakland/HAUS_pilot001_MD.jpg

jandmbear
July 26th, 2016, 11:51
Hani beat me to it but i was also looking forward to play around with the VC colors a bit. Here's a first try in 'vintage black' with faded brown upholstery and padding. Should go nicely with a civilan DC-3 i guess ?....

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/vvcblack3.jpg

Cheers,
Jan

I would be very interested in both this one and a gray one!

ksheadley
July 26th, 2016, 12:12

Cheers,
Jan

I really like the black and brown cockpit...very nice

Boss86001
July 26th, 2016, 12:20
Outstanding work Jan! The black & brown VC textures look great.

BeaverDriver
July 26th, 2016, 13:31
Just a quick question:

From gman earlier (pg 8): "I've created a basic metal skin with HD bump and generic spec texture sheet (separate download)."

Can anyone clue me in as to where this D/L is please? I'd like to pick that up.

Many thanks.

Glenn

DaveB
July 26th, 2016, 13:33
Have a look at the latest releases from the home page Glenn. You'll see it in the list;)

ATB

gman5250
July 26th, 2016, 14:16
Just a quick question:

From gman earlier (pg 8): "I've created a basic metal skin with HD bump and generic spec texture sheet (separate download)."

Can anyone clue me in as to where this D/L is please? I'd like to pick that up.

Many thanks.

Glenn

Here's the link Glenn.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=187&linkid=21663

banjoman1960
July 26th, 2016, 14:16

Cheers,
Jan

Hey Jan,
as a betatester,i think i need to test this:applause::ernaehrung004:

Great!!!

triflyman
July 26th, 2016, 14:40
I think that the Grey would look with Hani Michel's American Airlines Repaint or maybe this Delta one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJaCQ33eO4

Where can I find this Delta and the referenced AA skins? Looked at all the new skins for this great model on this site but did not see them?

Thanks.

paulopp
July 26th, 2016, 15:07
Search Simviation for Hani Michal.

familton
July 26th, 2016, 15:16
Are the paratrooper aircraft textures missing? All I have is a panel.dds, the fallback texture.cfg and a thumbnail. Thanks, Bob.

BeaverDriver
July 26th, 2016, 16:08
Here's the link Glenn.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=187&linkid=21663

Many thanks gman! Very much appreciated. Been working on this, and I expect these files will fix my rear (well, ok, the airplane's rear - hmmnnn :culpability: )

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40912&stc=1

:)

Glenn

BeaverDriver
July 26th, 2016, 16:18
Have a look at the latest releases from the home page Glenn. You'll see it in the list;)

ATB

Thank you Dave, much appreciated. Got it :)

Glenn

spotlope
July 26th, 2016, 16:35
To fly this beauty in P3D3.3 with an Oculus Rift VR headset is just... outstanding. I might have to have this grin surgically removed. ;-)

Stardog765
July 26th, 2016, 16:44
Ohhh how i would love to get a copy of that brown and black VC! That is a thing of beauty!

THibben
July 26th, 2016, 18:28

Found them. Thanks for the help.

Tom

Hanimichal
July 26th, 2016, 18:39
Just uploaded in Flightsim and Simviation

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40917&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40918&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40919&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40920&stc=1

Ian Warren
July 26th, 2016, 18:45
I might have to have this grin surgically removed. ;-)
:biggrin-new: You may have to wait in line :untroubled:

gman5250
July 26th, 2016, 19:41
Just uploaded in Flightsim and Simviation

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40920&stc=1

Man...that is gorgeous!!!

fuzz1
July 26th, 2016, 20:07
Great work Hani! Definitely getting these VC textures.

Gordon, superb work on your PK and skins. The weathering and 'used' look on USAF 50940 in particular, is one of the finest
examples I've yet encountered.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but full marks to the .v3 team for all the obviously considerable 'under the skin'
efforts expended to optimize this baby. In fsx it's like flying the default Cessna, performance wise, on my previous generation (or two) system.

I personally would not to compare this project to 'payware quality' as it's not doing this v3 all the justice it deserves. There is far more love evident in
this release than most of my payware aircraft exhibit. Although I have a few real payware gems, the vast majority do not approach this level of
satisfaction, attention to detail and sim performance. Sure gets my vote for freeware of the year award.

Ian Warren
July 26th, 2016, 20:50
Thanks Gordo :untroubled:, I stopped to take time to down load your V3 paint kit, .. this will be the first time I have ever used one, normally I just hand paint but with one, tzzz is worth a go and getting educated as well , Cheers :encouragement: