PDA

View Full Version : Ryan STA has no idle sounds

OBIO
February 5th, 2009, 14:31
I was flying around in Bill Lyon's Ryan STA and noticed that at idle, there are engine sounds. I have taken a look at the sound config file, and the idle settings are, to my not so well trained eyes, correct. Has anyone else noticed the lack of engine idle sounds in the Ryan STA package.

OBIO

PS. The sound file for the engine idle is in the folder and plays just fine through Windows Media Player.

Willy
February 5th, 2009, 15:00
I'd compare the sound.cfg against one that does idle. Might pick up an idea there on how to add it.

dogknot
February 5th, 2009, 18:13
I had the Ryan in the hangar, but pulled it back out for a quick run. It has great sounds...including idle.

I don't know which pkg you installed...the orig from flightsim??....try the updated version at avsim, filename: ccryan4udv11.zip (this is the one I have installed)

Maybe you have a corrupted file or something?

OBIO
February 5th, 2009, 19:58
Thanks for the tip DogKnot...just downloaded and will install the updated package.

OBIO

dogknot
February 6th, 2009, 10:35
OBIO -- just wondering if that other pkg worked for you?

OBIO
February 6th, 2009, 11:03
Haven't installed it yet....today started off on a sour note and has grown progressively worse with each passing hour, so I am going down into the garage and hide in a closet until Monday.

OBIO