PDA

View Full Version : One last thing holding up a project...

dasuto247
July 14th, 2016, 20:30
Finally ready to release my Coral Sea missions/campaign, except have a hold up with catapult.One mission involves flying a Kingfisher from HMAS Australia as part of Crace's force on May 7.I just can not seem to get the plane placed properly for a catapult takeoff.The catapult on the ship is clearly visible, set facing port-starboard, perfect for cat shot if could just get the plane placed on there for takeoff, as always end up facing forward and on the deck, can't make a cat shot from there without a crash.Anyone able to solve this issue? Ship is Usio's JMK_HMAS_Canberra.Using Piglet's OS2U Kingfisher with catapult mod enabled. I would like be able to remedy this before releasing missions and not have to result to a water takeoff, king of kills the mission in a way.

Allen
July 14th, 2016, 22:20
CFS2 always has you pointing forward. The ship should have room for you to turn for the cat shot.

bearcat241
July 14th, 2016, 23:17
...The ship should have room for you to turn for the cat shot.

And if not you'll have to use the slew function to set the plane where you want it. And before you upload, the instructions for doing this should be included in the mission set for those who may be unfamiliar with.

baldy
July 15th, 2016, 06:07
to get the a/c to face port-starbord for launch you need a text file in the Kingfisher folder

rename the file from catapault.cfg.txt to catapault.cfg

250 Ft per sec acceleration
0 degrees rotate aircraft (not read by hurricat) = forward launch

90 degrees rotate aircraft (not read by hurricat) = stbd launch

180 degrees rotate aircraft (not read by hurricat) = stern launch

270 degrees rotate aircraft (not read by hurricat) = port launch

Unfortunately I don't have Ubuki's Canberra so I can't help you with the positioning but if you've got any of my stuff you could email me the ship and I could do it for you

baldy

Blood_Hawk23
July 15th, 2016, 12:21
If you want, send me me a copy of what you're working on.

I have some of this setup for other ships made by Usio.

The contacts on the Kingfisher may have to be altered a little. I had to do this for the Pete.

I can also send you a copy of the Pete and Nisshin for you to try it your self.

Baldy,

Thank you for the text additions. I wasn't aware of that.

Blood_Hawk23
July 15th, 2016, 12:31
I think I'll upload the Pete and Nisshin setup I've made. This seems to come up atleast once a year. I just have to write up the read me for it.

bearcat241
July 15th, 2016, 13:53
Good stuff guys, anything that will help...

Blood_Hawk23
July 15th, 2016, 16:19
I've sent what I have on the Nisshin. Not sure if it will help.

Do you have ACM "Aircraft Container Manager"? If you do, you can rename the ship.cfg to aircraft.cfg . Then you can load it into ACM and view the model in 3D View. This will help you to find the points that are listed for the decks. Usio liked to add multiple decks to his ship.cfgs. He put a ";" infront of the ones not used. So the deck for the cat should be there.

I'll let you know what I find for the Canberra.

baldy
July 15th, 2016, 22:12
with the catapault.cfg you can set the angle to any number ( less than 360 ) for whatever you want

baldy

Blood_Hawk23
July 16th, 2016, 09:49
So the Canberra is sorted out.

Now the Kingfisher won't stay on the ship. Its not the ship since I've used three other ACs in my hanger that all work fine.

So thats where I'm at.

I think I found a problem. The model is not a true float plane.