PDA

View Full Version : Portland AI....I'm having a spot of bother!

T6flyer
February 5th, 2009, 12:22
Hello,

My interest in the sim somewhat waned over the Christmas period and now I'm back on form as have just installed the wonderful Flightzone 02 Portland scenery (yes, I know I took my time!).

I've only just started exploring the region, but am having a little trouble with AI. I have Traffic 2005 installed and have no problem at all with the airliners at Portland International, its just the smaller types that are causing a headache.

I today purchased the HTAI Cessna pack to accompany the new scenery and from the Flightzone website downloaded a file that would allow me static aircraft at three of the four airfields. I installed the HTAI pack and then placed the .bgl file in the necessary folder and run the sim.....nothing showed up. Made sure everything was correct and then tried again.....nothing again.

I use the editor in Traffic 2005 to install my flightplans on and have noticed that all of the HTAI Cessnas have no .cfg files, thus rendering thus use to be non-existant. Same goes for a lot of MAIW AI, same have the all important .cfg and some dont. I can easily convert those which have, but just dont know what to do with the rest.

I'm not that good with TTools and can get the odd flightplan to work, but am I doing something wrong?

I tried tonight using some MAIW F-15Cs and Raptors to go to Portland from Seattle and although they show up at the former, they dont go to the military apron, but sit outside the biz jet area. Again is this my fault?

I really am at my wits end over the matter and look forward to your comments and advice.

Best wishes,

Martin

T6flyer
February 5th, 2009, 13:34
I've just re-installed the HTAI package and lo and behold the .cfg files have appeared. Might try the same tomorrow with the rogue MAIW packages to see if that helps. Just wonder what happened.

But any thoughts on getting the military aircraft to sit at the ANG pan at Portland International would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

Wing_Z
February 5th, 2009, 14:11
...downloaded a file that would allow me static aircraft at three of the four airfields.
...they dont go to the military apron, but sit outside the biz jet area.

Generally not a good idea to mix static with AI as the statics use up parking spaces - often the AFCAD doesn't even allow AI to park at all!
You should get to know Lee Swordy's AFCAD programme as it allows you to assign parking codes to a spot on the ground, and to a corresponding specific or generic aircraft.
Essential for military precision!
Assume it's a missing aircraft.cfg file you refer to?
If you restore your computer to an earlier point it eats those. Otherwise can't think why they went missing...

modelr
February 5th, 2009, 15:34
I've just re-installed the HTAI package and lo and behold the .cfg files have appeared. Might try the same tomorrow with the rogue MAIW packages to see if that helps. Just wonder what happened.

But any thoughts on getting the military aircraft to sit at the ANG pan at Portland International would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

You need to check to see if the ANG spots are specially coded for military. Use Swordy's AFCAD program to check. If not, code them for the types you want. Then make sure the aircraft you want to park there are coded the same.

Felixthreeone
February 5th, 2009, 15:34
Hey Martin,

I've got the FZ Portland pretty well sorted...If you need an afcad to accomodate the KC-135's and F-15's, let me know. I can send it to you. You might be surprised at some of the transient military stuff that comes through!

T6flyer
February 6th, 2009, 11:13
Thanks everyone for your replies, so much appreciated and yes I have had a system restore very recently and believe now that was the culprit for the missing .cfg files!!!!

I've had a look at the AFCAd file for the Portland Scenery and note that at the International that the fighter parking area is for F-15A aircraft, is there something in the .cfg for my USAF aircraft that I can change so that my AI can fill the spaces of the F-15s?

I've had a little go tonight and have a visiting KC-135 arrive, but nothing else on the military side - the Airliners and the GA seem to be fine, but not for the USAF aircraft.

Weather doesnt look again good enough for the real thing, so think might make the most of the snow here (wow, 4 inches today!) and will have a tinker tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May 'dispose' of the static tomorrow and replace with AI flights. Make it all a little bit more realistic.

Best wishes to all,

Martin

T6flyer
February 8th, 2009, 10:17
Thanks to everyone for all their help over the last couple of days. I now have (with a little bit of trial and error and a lot of guidance) managed to create what I hope is a permanent fixture to the Portland scenery.

Only problem now, is that I seem to spend more time watching than flying!!

Thanks again,

Martin