PDA

View Full Version : Instant scenery and latest Orbx region sharing

jeansy
July 5th, 2016, 22:58
Is it me or has the latest patch from orbx that enables all the regions to be active at once has made a mess of the standard landclass?

The resaon why im asking, I was mucking around with the landclass option within instant scenery 3 (latest version) ive noticed no matter what landclass polygon you set, after reloading its reverts to something else
for example I select suburban grid in instant scenery and after reload it becomes farms or city blocks becomes suburban scattered

This what is selected in Instant scenery
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/06/2016-7-6_16-35-59-443.png

And this what it becomes when IS is closed and FS is reloaded
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/07/06/2016-7-6_16-35-40-122.png

This never happened prior the latest orbx update

Im wondering anyone else experienced this?

I know a simple fix is learning what is what title in IS and what it matches afterwards, however im wondering with the different regions are these titles going to be different, resulting learning the new landclass for each part of the world?

or just do i give up? has anyone successfully reverted to the active region format prior to the new migration thing

Ian Warren
July 5th, 2016, 23:22
Matt , I think this is were I'm a Super Advocate for photo real and not the 'Mega scenery' style but completely autogened .. forget season change at the moment, make the file to big, use .. example FSX weather to create the mood and season , at the Mo I'm looking at the West Coast NZ again with a AGN update and frig! It is accurate , well it is photo .

Looking at your screens ORBX fine within its parameters, I think we are very fortunate in New Zealand now were the floodgates have opened to photo material and source ... primary thing is also having dedicated peoples in there own time doing the freeware .. mix it with a little payware ... and your cooking !

jeansy
July 5th, 2016, 23:29
Matt , I think this is were I'm a Super Advocate for photo real and not the 'Mega scenery' style but completely autogened .. forget season change at the moment, make the file to big, use .. example FSX weather to create the mood and season , at the Mo I'm looking at the West Coast NZ again with a AGN update and frig! It is accurate , well it photo .

Looking at your screens ORBX fine within its parameters, I think we are very fortunate in New Zealand now were the floodgates have opened to photo material and source ... primary thing is also having dedicated peoples in there own time doing the freeware .. mix it with a little payware ... and your cooking !

Photoreal.... as long as it has autogen IMHO, but i normally live in regions where we only have 2 seasons a year, hot or hotter n bloody humid, this makes it hard for photoreal

however trying to update the very dated landclass for home that comes with FTX with no update in the more so foreseeable future is turning me off the latest update along with the random mismatched landclass tiles, and not to mention the messed up monsoonal water bodies in p3d in the northern regions of AU that result in lots of dark squares plastered across the screen

Ian Warren
July 5th, 2016, 23:33
Matt .. exactly what we are striving for ... No way leaving it just photo ! it has to accurate .. Most New Zealand is nearly that way ... and very Very accurate ! only thing I cannot put in is an 'Outhouse' ... some reason its just to small.

Timmy74
July 6th, 2016, 00:20
Hey Matt,

Do you have Vector 1.4 installed at all? I know that there were "texture" issues with Australia if you had ALL the vector files ticked in the scenery library. Vector 1.4 was suppose to give you an option to tick (or something) to help rectify the issue....that is until Orbx "redo" Australia to work with the rest of their "global" range.

Cheers,
Tim.

jeansy
July 6th, 2016, 03:23
Hey Matt,

Do you have Vector 1.4 installed at all? I know that there were "texture" issues with Australia if you had ALL the vector files ticked in the scenery library. Vector 1.4 was suppose to give you an option to tick (or something) to help rectify the issue....that is until Orbx "redo" Australia to work with the rest of their "global" range.

Cheers,
Tim.

Vector is not installed because of the problems with AU, however from what im seeing, we wont be able to add desired landlcass to scenery while this is happening

I was able to do landlclass before the migration was done, now i cant due to the mixed descriptions I wonder If people with ADE and other scenery tools are experiencing this

AussieMan
July 6th, 2016, 19:45
How thin skinned some people are. One member on the ORBX forums has been banned for a month. His crime? To highlight the fact his P3D and FSX were screwed by the latest migration ORBX did.

He stated quite innocently that he was frustrated with the problems and asked for help. His statement was if he couldn't get things sorted he was thinking of going back to FS9. As a result he was banned for a month (some say 3 months). His post was locked and removed before anyone could offer any help. Other than buying some land class and Melbourne V3 I will think very hard about future purchases.

Ripcord
July 6th, 2016, 19:49
Pat, I think there was a bit more too it than that.

Bushpounder
July 6th, 2016, 20:09
I read the thread. There was not much more than that. They have screwed many a machine up. I doubt it was only 1%!! I've been doing this for close to 20 years. I don't know of anything that just affected 1%. This is about egos, plain and simple. I have a ton of their sceneries and plan to buy more, but something has to be done with the attitude there. Maybe he's not the one to be the front man for the company. Maybe someone with better customer service experience needs to do the job. There is NO justification for insulting and treating CUSTOMERS like crap. If that is an acceptable practice, I believe things have finally tanked in this hobby.

Don

heywooood
July 6th, 2016, 20:48
I read the thread. There was not much more than that. They have screwed many a machine up. I doubt it was only 1%!! I've been doing this for close to 20 years. I don't know of anything that just affected 1%. This is about egos, plain and simple. I have a ton of their sceneries and plan to buy more, but something has to be done with the attitude there. Maybe he's not the one to be the front man for the company. Maybe someone with better customer service experience needs to do the job. There is NO justification for insulting and treating CUSTOMERS like crap. If that is an acceptable practice, I believe things have finally tanked in this hobby.

Don

much of this may have to do with their commitment to DTG...either the work load is unmanageable - or the ego thing..? both?..

jeansy
July 6th, 2016, 23:17
Back on topic please

Im trying to ascertain is anyone else having difficulties with landclass since the migration update

Not just in instant scenery but other scenery programs like ade

Dimus
July 6th, 2016, 23:48
I'll try ADEX later tonight Jeansy and let you know. I have an active project but I do not use landclass so have not noticed this. I can easily add some polygons to try though.

dharris
July 7th, 2016, 05:21
Before the last update, you had to go into ftx central to use either orbx or normal scenery. I have many more programs, mesh, landclass than orbx has made. I have several of the major orbx major sceneries and so long as you could switch between them, all was fine. Now with this last update, don't have to use central to switch, problem is mesh from other sceneries are now screwed up. Sharp drop offs in mountains, are very obvious. ALL my saved flights now start 20 feet in the air as the hard deck. If they were smart instead of egotistical, they should have given warning of what "might" happen if migrating to new update. I had been off fsx for months as my wife had been gravely ill, as Ian can attest, she passed away a month ago, and I started trying to get back to normal. Tried fsx last night, fsx was set to default scenery, worked well so decided to try orbx, opened central and gave error message, said to download new central, did so, installed waited for it to finish and tried again. rebooted computer, opened fsx, selected an orbx scenery Orcas Island and the saved file but the aircraft 20 feet in the air and deep fissures opened on both sides of the pavement. got airborne and looked back saw massive distortion of mesh. Quit flight, opened a saved file for a normal default flight. Local mesh, that had been at 10M. was now orbx screwed up mesh with sharp drop offs outside of pavement. Aircraft 20 feet in the air. All my saved flights were screwed. Checked scenery library file, all orbx sceneries had been moved to the top of the list. Tried moving several better mesh files to top of list were they were originally, went back in to Orcas Island and scenery was flat, aircraft on the deck, unfortunatly, as you took off, at the end of the pavement where the water would have been I now had a different landclass, it had mountains and flat plains and did not look like anything I had seen before. Moved the "offending" mesh back under orbx, and was back to Orcas with fissures but the water was back. It would be nice if after spending so much money on their legacy products they would be able to roll back and leave the original scenery alone. Worked fine before. Enjoyed it before, don't like meddling where not needed. No I have not "upgraded" to FTX global, as it is not as detailed as the mesh that I paid for from developers that supported there products and gave a great product at a fair price.Meshman comes to mind. I have all his mesh, and it made a huge difference when flying in the mountains, now, if it is not orbx scenery, it looks just like stock default just installed out of the box FSX. I had been of their forums for help in the past and was told my problem was not their fault, all the things that made orbx unique with people flow and birds flying and what not had gone, they said of course it was not their fault, and either live with it or delete all the offending files. Now if they want to give me half of the money back that I spent on their products, I would gladly delete all their products. But you know they won't and you know they won't help, so where does that leave the (give me a breal) 1% of the people with problems with the last update? Even Microsoft, when they come out with an update, give you the option of installing it or not. orbx does not do that. they disable the products till you update or die. If they had developers that had a conscience and the expertise to stand behind their products , like Meshman's products, they would have a great product instead of a company that just wants to rule the roost. Let the flames begin

Dimus
July 7th, 2016, 12:09
Jeansy, I tried with ADEX and the landclass polygons seem to work fine. What is selected is exactly what is shown. I tried several city landclass types. I do not have any Oceania regions installed. ORBX libs and FTX central is updated. I also tried in FSXSE and P3D 3.3.5 with same results.

jeansy
July 7th, 2016, 18:46
Jeansy, I tried with ADEX and the landclass polygons seem to work fine. What is selected is exactly what is shown. I tried several city landclass types. I do not have any Oceania regions installed. ORBX libs and FTX central is updated. I also tried in FSXSE and P3D 3.3.5 with same results.

ok thanks, so its looking like it might be just the AU region that is affected. AWESOME!

Guys please keep your Orbx gripes elsewhere Im trying to fault find and identify what maybe the cause root for my issue

I know most of you find it very hard to get your voice heard at the Orbx forums, I know Ive been banned and they refuse to provide any support to me outside their forum, but please save it for another thread that is specifically outlined for the purpose of griping about it.

Again im trying to fault find not gripe

dharris
July 8th, 2016, 03:25
You asked in your initial comments for anyone's experience, if you don't want to know don't ask. Sorry to have poluted your post

jeansy
July 8th, 2016, 03:34
You asked in your initial comments for anyone's experience, if you don't want to know don't ask. Sorry to have poluted your post

Yeah know as I asked twice if anyone experienced problems while creating landclass scenery, I didnt ask for bitching and bleating which i thought i made clear

if your hell bent on complaining to the world, start please start your own thread

dharris
July 8th, 2016, 16:10
Well you got it

Ian Warren
July 8th, 2016, 16:28
Hey ya Don, that is the thing I really hated with ORBX was the affect and elevation issue with the mesh .. all airport information , least a large amount went up and down like whores draws so what did was started to flatten the affected areas , PC did a Funky Chicken few weeks back so before installing any Orbx I simply consentrated on photo real for New Zealand ... Ooooo Boy there already is a lot , but to nearly get a complete photo real New Zealand Autogened ... that is almost like Christmas :encouragement:

dharris
July 8th, 2016, 16:57
Sounds great Ian, wonder how long it will take to get all the US in photo real?

Ian Warren
July 8th, 2016, 17:34
Had I lived over in the US of A I do wonder, , regard to Land Class , that was how we best fixed it in New Zealand was grabbing a photo and bleed it into the ORBX surround and the Autogen it , you come to find many Orbx scenerys photo-real airports are done like this so no reason it cannot be done with a town/city area.

jeansy
July 8th, 2016, 18:17
you might as well lock this thread as the above are just being ****wits now

Ian Warren
July 8th, 2016, 18:39
Matt , the photo real are options, all the files I have done bleed and blend so you get an exact replica of the town or city , just requires a little work doing the autogen , I had a look at the land class with orbx and it is nothing to the area known least here in New Zealand , You simply cant pus a button and it changes , it really requires a lot off work .... and when you look at it when you are ship out with RAN and nothing to do .. that is were you can really hook into such project .

Land Class will only follow pretty much what is there , also will affect other areas in the region . A good example of using photo and AGN with ORBX seasons would the Whanganui scenery completed ... you can use it as a road map also to learn the city.

Other biggest thing ORBX don't even like us people who do the hard yards (time involved) doing Autogen are not to use ORBX AGN's .. how do you think they are going to react changing the land class , other winning thing with all the above ..... Everyone with default FSX has the opportunity to choose and use the scenery, great thing here we doing as freeware and as accurate as possible .

stovall
July 8th, 2016, 19:23
jeansy has requested that this thread be closed. As mentioned if any of the respondents want to start their own thread for further discussion please do so.

Per request I am closing this thread.