PDA

View Full Version : Fs9 start up problem

napacon
July 5th, 2016, 11:22
As Of Now I Have FSXSE installed and running on LOCAL DISK (E)....on my MAIN DISK (E) I run FSX and FS9....All no problems....Just recently my FS9 APPLICATION .Desk Top Icon will not Start up FS9..STALLED .Re installed , ICON,Still no start.....Thought of a Clean Reinstall,and Re Add what I Have...Then I thought of Inserting FS9 DISK 1 For Repair...However I do not know how to direct it to my MAIN DISK (E)..If possible..Thats it?...Thanking all In Advance For Ideas..and Any and all Greatly appreciated...Vin

SSI01
July 5th, 2016, 15:34
I'm wondering if running FS9 Registry Repair on your "stalled" icon first might not be the way to go. I've got FS9 installed on two drives, and each of those two drives has multiple installations of the sim. E drive has three copies of FS9, G drive has 7 copies of FS9 on it, including one copy that is a stock install I keep just for comparison purposes against the others. G drive is also where my FSX installation is. I've had one of the FS9 copies on E drive "stall" once on me about two months ago, the desktop icon (which I keep in a "Shortcuts" folder on my desktop) refused to start the sim. I opened and ran the registry repair app for this specific icon copy of FS9 and that cured the problem.

napacon
July 5th, 2016, 20:00
Hi SS101....sadly the FS9 Registry Repair did not work..I think it was not needed...The only Thing to happen was some Win 7 Updates..i do not trust them..with that in mind Did a System restore...and GUESS WHAT?? Restored what ever they took awaygot back..alls well now.LIVE AND LEARN..Thank For Yer help Most appreciated...Vin

Lane Street
July 5th, 2016, 20:49
The only Thing to happen was some Win 7 Updates..

There was a Windows update that came out a few months ago that cause fits with FS9. The simple fix is to use the no-cd FS9.exe.

cheers,
Lane

napacon
July 6th, 2016, 06:50
LANE STREET,,Do We know what update that was?..I do Believe thats what gave the problem..thnx

Lane Street
July 6th, 2016, 09:06
LANE STREET,,Do We know what update that was?..I do Believe thats what gave the problem..thnx

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?100831-FS9-no-longer-working

napacon
July 6th, 2016, 09:43
Again THNX LANE STREET..For me a Recover worked to a different time..and to keep, it total shut down of any updates....Many have their own way and thats good..I Have my FS9 and its working OK ..