PDA

View Full Version : Focke-Wulf Ta-154 AP Question

falcon409
June 19th, 2016, 07:38
I mentioned this in the other thread but it went unnoticed/Unanswered so I'll ask again in a new thread. The airplane looks and flies great, nice sounds and fairly easy to fly. . .however it does not respond to heading or GPS/Nav inputs. Altitude hold is fine and I haven't done anything else with Navigational inputs because it ignores them. If I understood more about how the AP get's the info it needs to respond to the heading inputs I might know what to look for and fix it, however I don't, so is anyone else noticing this and if so what is the corrective action?

Addendum: Just to be a bit more specific, when heading hold is activated, even if the preset heading is a mere 10 degrees off the current heading the airplane will immediately go into a hard right bank that increases in angle and descent until the aircraft impacts the ground. So whether the actual heading change should require the aircraft to go left, it will always bank right and spiral downward.

falcon409
June 19th, 2016, 09:11
Ok, well before this request disappears into the next page, does anyone know how to contact Chris Lampard? No one seems to know how to fix the AP problem, so I'll get in touch with him (if that's even possible) and see if he knows why. I assume he tested the airplane, or someone did and they should have noticed something this obvious.

Milton Shupe
June 19th, 2016, 09:57
Ed,

A couple of comments:

1) Shessi and Erwin Welker released this FSX version so you might ask them

2) Looking at the aircraft.cfg raises some questions that you may look at:
..... a) The Electrical section has no AP entry
..... b) The AP section uses
..........default_pitch_mode=0
..........default_bank_mode=0
..........use_no_default_bank=1
..........use_no_default_pitch=1
The net result of that is there is no default bank in a turn. Not sure FSX still supports the "use_no_default_bank=1" statement as that was a FS2002 parameter that also worked in FS9. You might check the FSX SDK for proper settings.

3) Check the turn indicator and directional indicator settings; one is vacuum; one is electric

Maybe this will help.

falcon409
June 19th, 2016, 11:58
That gave me a direction at least and looking at the SDK gave me "types" to look for. I am not an SDK person, probably should be, but I have probably looked through it a few times in the 14 years I've been in MSFS, but it just made my head hurt so I never used it much.

The thing I mentioned in my very first post was actually the giveaway but I didn't recognize it til you posted your suggestions. . .(the heading indicator was locked in 29 degree bank) if I hit the adjustment knob, it would release the indicator, but never affected the turn. It was set as vacuum, as were the others (attitude/directional). Changing those to electric, adding an AP section in the [Electrical] section corrected the problem. The aircraft now responds to all AP inputs. Thanks for that Milton.:applause:

Milton Shupe
June 19th, 2016, 12:45
Ah, that's great Ed. Glad I could help get ya going. :wavey:

Shessi
June 19th, 2016, 15:04
Firstly,
Thank you Milton for being helpful here.

Falcon,
Rightly and thank you that you brought up the issue. As Milton suggests it was uploaded by me and modded somewhat by Erwin for FSX, so you could always PM us for answers etc. Chris does not take any responses as he doesn't want to get involved with any issues, he's just a generous and excellent modeller.

I try and make his ac available across as many sims as possible so as many people as possible can appreciate his work and have a fly. I got the glass specifically modded for FSX as so many FSX'ers banged on about it in the Fs9 forum. Unfortunately nothing is perfect and each sim, and each person's sim's set-up is different so that not all will work correctly for all, the AP being the case. But I hope you still like the ac?

Cheers

Shessi

ps Be nice if you attached an updated cfg, to allow others to benefit from your discoveries, thank you.

falcon409
June 19th, 2016, 16:45
Firstly,
Thank you Milton for being helpful here.

Falcon,
Rightly and thank you that you brought up the issue. As Milton suggests it was uploaded by me and modded somewhat by Erwin for FSX, so you could always PM us for answers etc. Chris does not take any responses as he doesn't want to get involved with any issues, he's just a generous and excellent modeller.

I try and make his ac available across as many sims as possible so as many people as possible can appreciate his work and have a fly. I got the glass specifically modded for FSX as so many FSX'ers banged on about it in the Fs9 forum. Unfortunately nothing is perfect and each sim, and each person's sim's set-up is different so that not all will work correctly for all, the AP being the case. But I hope you still like the ac?

Cheers

Shessi

ps Be nice if you attached an updated cfg, to allow others to benefit from your discoveries, thank you.
Just a few points to make Shessi:
First and foremost I do appreciate the aircraft being made available for users of FSX. I do not normally find this type of aircraft appealing, however after flying it a few times I found that I enjoyed it very much. So much so that I have reworked all the exterior textures to 4096x4096 dds textures and am now slowly redoing all the interior textures to higher res as well. So, yes, I do like the aircraft.

I didn't try to PM you or Erwin about the AP because I figured if it was something you were familiar with it would have been corrected before it was released and if you weren't familiar with it's function you wouldn't have known how to correct it anyway. The fact that Milton was the only person to answer told me that either no one else uses the AP or those that did try it found what I found and corrected it. Also the AP malfunction isn't something that would arise based on various sim setups. . .it was something that would be a problem regardless of the sim setups. . .until those gauges were changed to function correctly the AP wasn't going to work. I certainly understand Chris not wanting be involved in trying to correct problems that would arise with an airplane that is being used in a sim he didn't design it for. Too many headaches there for sure.

I will post the corrections I made, but for those who know what they're doing and are reading this but not joining in the conversation, you may even find problems with what I did. . .all I can tell you is, it worked for me and I'm content that I didn't break something else in the process. The Electrical section was originally just the first 4 lines, the remainder I took from another aircraft, deleted those portions I felt were irrelevant to a 2 engine setup and added to what was already there. The last three gauge sections I simply changed the type from"vacuum" to "electric"

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24
generator_alternator_voltage = 28
max_generator_alternator_amps = 60
electric_always_available = 1
flap_motor = 0, 5, 17
gear_motor = 0, 5, 17
autopilot = 0, 5, 17
avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17
avionics = 1, 5, 17
pitot_heat = 0, 2, 17
marker_beacon = 1, 2, 17
gear_warning = 0, 2, 17
fuel_pump = 0, 5, 17
starter1 = 0, 20, 17
starter2 = 0, 20, 17
light_nav = 0, 5, 17
light_beacon = 0, 5, 17
light_landing = 0, 5, 17
light_strobe = 0, 5, 17
light_panel = 0, 5, 17
prop_sync = 0, 15, 17
auto_feather = 0, 15, 17
auto_brakes = 0, 15, 17
standby_vacuum = 0, 15, 17
hydraulic_pump = 0, 2, 17
fuel_transfer_pump = 0, 5, 17
propeller_deice = 0, 5, 17

[attitude_indicators]
attitude_indicator.0=2

[turn_indicators]
turn_indicator.0=2,0

[direction_indicators]
direction_indicator.0=2,0

Shessi
June 19th, 2016, 23:42
Falcon,
Many thanks, and hopefully it's helped those that weren't in the 'know'.

Please if there is anything you spot, fire me a PM.

Things can only get better! ;)

Cheers

Shessi

falcon409
June 22nd, 2016, 09:01
Did one more livery. Not entirely accurate, but due to mapping issues, some areas had to remain in a color other than what they should have been (engine cowl, cowl flaps, antennas).

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Moskito_2-2016-jun-22-003.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Moskito_2-2016-jun-22-001.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Moskito_2-2016-jun-22-002.jpg