PDA

View Full Version : "sound file ungueltig" messages. Was ist los?!

MaskRider
June 17th, 2016, 02:23
Hi guys,

Been messing around with the Dornier_217_E5 (to begin with) and Dornier 217N2_R22. Whenever the plane loads up in FF the message posted below pops up- a total of 3 times during the loading process. I started out with the Do_217_E5 then, just to see if it cleared up with a different model, I tried the Do_217N2_R22. The same thing happened with both AC. Sometimes the sim hangs a little on the third and final pop-up. Other times everything continues smoothly after clicking "ok". After that everything seems normal. The engine starts and sounds fine.

I looked it up on google translate and it means "SoundLibrary-error", "sound files is invalid".

What is up with this message. Does it refer to the engine sound or some other sound that might be related to a weapon load out? I have no clue. Never seen such a message before. And no other plane does it. Just this Do 217 series.

Was ist los?

http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/sound_file_ungueltig.jpg

Thanks,
MR

Shessi
June 17th, 2016, 03:22
Hi MR,
Cor this is an oldie!

Yes it was a frustrating thing at the time, even Ted didn't know, but we worked it out in the end. From what I can remember it comes form the HGHB_BRAKE_SOUND gauge and requires the attached file, a simple little click sound. Place in your main sounds folder.

Cheers

Shessi

MaskRider
June 17th, 2016, 04:00
Hi Shessi,

Hehe, yes I know. Thanks for sending the click.wav file.

I loaded it into my main cfs2 sound folder but still got the error message. However, the problem is indeed related to the HGHB_BRAKE_SOUND gauge over on the far left of the main panel window. When I removed that gauge the messages stopped.

So, problem solved- sort of! :encouragement:

Thanks buddy.

MR

Shessi
June 17th, 2016, 09:49
:encouragement:

Shessi

dvslats
June 17th, 2016, 12:02
Hey Mask,

In a hex editor, I found this inside the HGHB_BRAKE_SOUND gauge.

\Sound\brakes_sound.wav HGHB_BRAKE_SOUND.GAU

Give this a try.

Allen
June 17th, 2016, 12:02
Can you attach the gauge? May I can find what sound the gauge is looking for.

MaskRider
June 17th, 2016, 13:30
Hey Mask,

In a hex editor, I found this inside the HGHB_BRAKE_SOUND gauge.

\Sound\brakes_sound.wav HGHB_BRAKE_SOUND.GAU

Give this a try.

Hiya Dave,

Yep, that did the trick! I unzipped the brakes_sound.wav file into the cfs2/sound folder. Swapped in the original panel.cfg file for my edited one and voila- no more messages.

You know, I have a hex editor floating around someplace. I should really start using it, eh?

BTW, did you rename the "click.wav" file that Shessi posted or was this a newly discovered wav file? Guess it doesn't matter much. The sim is just looking for some correctly named file.

Either way, it fixed the problem and is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Can you attach the gauge? May I can find what sound the gauge is looking for.

Thanks to you, too, Allen. Great mind think alike!

Find it attached below if you'd like to fool around with it.

BTW: the gauge itself is invisible. Doesn't show at all in the sim. In panel studio you need to go to "edit/select all gauges" to see where it is.

MR

Allen
June 17th, 2016, 14:17
dvslats

That is what I was going to do...

*shake stiny fist*