PDA

View Full Version : Depth charge explosion effect

dasuto247
June 13th, 2016, 18:47
Just curious if anyone has worked up a depth charge explosion effect(visual), since have fires and mortar explosions etc that can be triggered. Searched but havent found anything yet.I have a great sound file am using for a mission (part of midway mission release coming soon) but no visual effect that can be triggered.Great visual for when a plane dropped bomb/dc hits water, but talking one that can be triggered after a DD hits a WP.I remember the mortar explosion that be triggered as an event can do damage. Possible to do this for a depth charge?

bearcat241
June 14th, 2016, 14:05
Use the torpedo explosion FX with a trigger.

dasuto247
June 14th, 2016, 16:50
Use the torpedo explosion FX with a trigger.

I was thinking that but with the fx_splash_s file.Give off the splash of a depth charges, it's used be air dropped depth charges.I tried creating one based off nanni's "mortar explosion" but says cant find model. May be something in .bgl folder? I was thinking could have it do damage as the mortar explosion does land objects, but damage the submerged submarine(sh undersub, found here at SOH). Opens up possibilities to enhance asw missions for sure. Seems each time I learn something in this sim, here comes another lol.

Wayland
June 14th, 2016, 18:47
I seem to remember an old Martin PBM that had a depth charge FX. Think it might have been at Simviation.

dasuto247
June 14th, 2016, 19:26
I seem to remember an old Martin PBM that had a depth charge FX. Think it might have been at Simviation.

well I have the effect itself, it's an aerial depth charge.I need to make it where it can be triggered as an event like mortar explosion is.