PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, Jaguar A

l'iguane
June 1st, 2016, 06:11
Hello Everyone,

I have been desesperately looking for the Jaguar A from Roland Laborie, that was released in the early fs2004 years.

If anyone has it, I would be glad to give it a try and maybe a texture update....

Thanks in advance

Cheers

L'iguane

http://www.virtualcorsair.fr/meeting/jaguarA.jpg

Motormouse
June 3rd, 2016, 03:50
Iirc it was available on frenchairforce.net (vfaf) website ?

Ttfn

Pete

Blackbird686
June 3rd, 2016, 04:34
I'd check with Frank Safranek here at SOH about that. I had no idea that Roland did a Jaguar but if there is such a beast, I'd like to have a go. Roland did an excellent series of Mirage 2000 aircraft for FS9 which I still dart around in.

Only Jaguar that I know of, the original Alphasim plane and the UKMIL updates for same.

BB686:US-flag:

l'iguane
June 3rd, 2016, 05:17
Hi,

Yes it was available on virtual french air force site, but it seems it's restricted access now... and I have been unable to find it elsewhere.

Luckily, I just found it in an old dusty archive CD I had !

This bird is maybe the first project R. Laborie did, the 3D model itself is looking sharp, maybe the most accurate Jaguar A with the right VC according to french AF standards.

The textures look a bit obsolete, but this is a good opportunity to give them some refreshment !

One issue : I'm getting a really low FPS in VC mode, despite a 50-60 fps in 2D and external view... (Im W8 user..maybe this issue comes from me.)

If some of you are interested in giving it a try, PM me so I can send it to you, I would be interested in a feedback about this low fps issue.

L'iguane

Navtech
June 3rd, 2016, 07:35
PM send :adoration:

Motormouse
June 3rd, 2016, 09:53
I'd check with Frank Safranek here at SOH about that. I had no idea that Roland did a Jaguar but if there is such a beast, I'd like to have a go. Roland did an excellent series of Mirage 2000 aircraft for FS9 which I still dart around in.

Only Jaguar that I know of, the original Alphasim plane and the UKMIL updates for same.

BB686:US-flag:

Rollus (Roland) also did 2 seater variant as well, was also on frenchairforce.net site.
according to a post I found on pilote-virtuel ; the french fs site; the frenchairforce.net site was closed after their site was hacked.

Ttfn

Pete

Navtech
June 3rd, 2016, 10:40
The site still on wayback
http://web.archive.org/web/20130906171917/http://frenchairforce.net/news.php
Not tested all but some downloads (uploaded on their server) are alive
Need some luck :adoration:

l'iguane
June 3rd, 2016, 11:54
Hi all,

By chance, I already had the twin seater "E" variant, still available on some library as I found it last month (maybe avsim or simviation, will check and be back with a link !)
I'll focus only on the single seater "A" from now, to see if it is possible to fix this low fps issue. Any VC experts around ?

I did some testing on the "A" :

the "stock" aircraft installed, I get 15-18 fps in VC mode, the plane is hardly flyable because of lags, and the gauges are not properly refreshed wich makes them laggy too...

Remark : Usually the VC textures are located in the texture directory in the aircraft, in extended bmp format...but on this aircraft, the VC textures are located in the panel folder, in "stock" bmp format, ranging from 512x512 to 1024x1024 resolution, which make them a bit heavy (1 to 3 MB each)

Test #1 I removed the whole panel folder content (textures + panel.cfg) to see how the "blank" VC would perform : I get 23-26fps which is a bit better but still low considering there are no textures nor gauges displayed....

Test #2 I put back the panel.cfg in the panel folder to have the gauges displayed in VC without textures, fps down to 21-22 fps which is barely playable.

Remark #2 I use fs9 on a Window 8 OS (laptop Dell i7, 4go RAM, radeon 7730M, not an nvidia but working ok for fs9 - 35 to 60 fps usually)

L'iguane

Navtech
June 3rd, 2016, 14:50
@l'iguane
Thank you for the files
I tested it ... see screens under

https://abload.de/img/snap10000copier32suq.jpg

https://abload.de/img/snap9999copierzpsbv.jpg

Screens made In 3D panel (FS2004 option for 3D gauges display at max)
My FPS is the same as 2D or external view (29.9 FPS)
In Panel 3D view .. FPS stable .. no lag .. no stutters

My specifications (not high :adoration: )

MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
Technology Wolfdale 45nm
RAM
2,00 GB Canal-Simple DDR2 @ 401 MHz (6-6-6-18)

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5Q SE2 (LGA775)

SyncMaster (800x600@75Hz)
512 MoATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Undefined)

977 Go Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA)

ZWHQ ZO1QFGTQZKD SCSI CdRom Device

l'iguane
June 5th, 2016, 04:18
Hello Navtech,

Thanks for this feedback,

A few question :

How the gauges behave in VC view ? (smooth or laggy ?)

If I am the only one to encounter laggy gauges and low Fps in VC, then the issue might come from my fs9 set up or laptop...

I'll keep investigating, but I'm likely to start and update project for this jaguar :

From the gmax acc Mirage IIIV, I realized they were providing a full set of accurate Jaguar A gauges (I still don't know about the author of these gauges.. J.P Langer maybe ?)

This bird would definitely need a better Airfile and aerodynamics also...

I might also rework the textures and paint a French Air Force pack, as I am a big fan of this bird and the french squadrons which operated it, especially the 3/3 Ardennes.

Cheers
L'iguane

PS : My Set up

Laptop DELL Inspiron 15R SE
Window 8
I7, 4go RAM, Radeon 7730M