PDA

View Full Version : VF-17 F4U-1A Cdr. Blackburn's "Big Hog"

Captain Kurt
May 6th, 2016, 18:47
Dasuto247 was asking about an Overhauled Corsair skin for this A/C. Since I have just completed a selection of Corsairs I have a number of templates already. So I went ahead and whipped up an accurate skin for Commander Tom Blackburn's "Big Hog" F4U-1A. References vary for the color etc. for the paint on this airplane so I worked from the photos you see here. I believe this is about as accurate as I can get it. I just posted it in the Warbirds Library.

dasuto247
May 6th, 2016, 19:19
Dasuto247 was asking about an Overhauled Corsair skin for this A/C. Since I have just completed a selection of Corsairs I have a number of templates already. So I went ahead and whipped up an accurate skin for Commander Tom Blackburn's "Big Hog" F4U-1A. References vary for the color etc. for the paint on this airplane so I worked from the photos you see here. I believe this is about as accurate as I can get it. I just posted it in the Warbirds Library.

Thank you! Great work as always.I don't see it available for download yet but sure will be soon.