PDA

View Full Version : Consolidated Catalina MkI RAF Coastal Command - Released!

Shessi
April 20th, 2016, 07:05
Hi Folks,
Another version of my re-vamped Alpha PBY Catalina. This time as an RAF Coastal Command Catalina MkI. With new crew, twin VGO rear guns, depth charge loaded and unloaded versions, new tex etc etc.

Being checked over as we speak.

Also some nice scenery to go with it.....

Cheers

Shessi

Mod edit: Download link in post #4 below

Elmar
April 20th, 2016, 11:50
Amazing to see your continuing work, thank you very much! : )))

When I'm right the Mk.Ia/b is also the version of the famous Norwegian Catalinas, isn't it?

Best regards,
Elmar

Sascha66
April 21st, 2016, 05:55
Great work! Superb paintjob too!

Shessi
April 24th, 2016, 02:28
Just uploaded.

Now go and spot the Bismarck!

Cheers

Shessi

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=205&id=21325

Blackbird686
April 24th, 2016, 04:44
Excellent work Shessi. :encouragement: Another superb addition for my flying boat fleet.

BB686:US-flag:

Mick
April 24th, 2016, 05:43
Excellent job, as always!
:ernaehrung004:

I don't have any skins for this one, as I don't have much expertise about British WW2 liveries, and even less skill at soft-edged camouflage schemes. Still, I'm very happy to have this Cat, and I hope more knowledgeable and skillful painters will give us more skins for it.

ian elliot
April 24th, 2016, 11:47
Thanks Shessi, been waiting for this, this is a shot from FSX, other than the usual prop issue's, it works really well :ernaehrung004:
There's no Loch Erne in FSX land, at least, not with serious work with SbuilderX on coast lines ect, which is a bit beyond me, but i recon i could make up a quick and dirty seaplane start somewhere in N Ireland, thanks again

cheers ian

Shessi
April 24th, 2016, 12:01
Thanks guys.

Ian, that does looks good.

What is needed for an FSX prop, please someone tell me, as I can quickly do that and you'd then have a complete FSX ac?

For Fs9 and CFS2, I make the prop material completely transparent, then rely on the prop tex alpha to create the transparency. I think in FSX it's a combination of material transparency and tex alpha?

Cheers

Shessi

ian elliot
April 26th, 2016, 09:33
Hi, i dont know much about the prop issue's im afraid, but im led to believe that it may be a MDL issue, and may be unfix-able, but ive seen a lot worse, im very happy with the Cat, you really dont notice that much. going to try a few more, keep em coming :ernaehrung004:

cheers ian

wombat666
April 27th, 2016, 00:32
Excellent job, as always!
:ernaehrung004:

I don't have any skins for this one, as I don't have much expertise about British WW2 liveries, and even less skill at soft-edged camouflage schemes. Still, I'm very happy to have this Cat, and I hope more knowledgeable and skillful painters will give us more skins for it.

Just an 'FYI' Mick, and I'm not sure if it applies to aircraft like this, but many RAF aircraft had their paint schemes applied using rubber mats as masks, resulting in hard edged patterns.
Of course, that was at the 'Factory', so at a Maintenance Unit or Squadron level who knows?
:encouragement: